What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Acer's Top 100 Hardcore Songs of all Time: Top 10 Time. Drumroll (1 Viewer)

Ive got some good ones coming up. Are they better, who knows. They were when I put the list together. 
I am trying to think of what you have left.  I have one band for sure, two probablies, and 2 other maybes... that is only 7.

Sick of it All, Death Threat, Shai Hulud, Gorilla Biscuts (or CIV), Agnostic Front,  Fugazi... and I'd love to see Donnybrook, but I am sure that is a long shot. 

ETA: Cro-mags

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick of it All, Death Threat, Shai Hulud, Gorilla Biscuts (or CIV), Agnostic Front,  Fugazi... and I'd love to see Donnybrook, but I am sure that is a long shot. 

ETA: Cro-mags
I have never even heard of death threat. And for our purposes, Fugazi is not hardcore. 

Top 8 coming

6 Gorilla Biscuits- New Direction

Lots of hardcore albums start with a trumpet. 
What do you mean it's time -- time for us to stand up
I don't want any part/it's right to follow my heart
The new kids, fast/ran out the back door
And the band that came before they had their nose in the air
Pretending that they care about our scene
Because our money's green
I tell you stage. dives. make me feel more alive
Than coded messages

In slowed down songs

Now I'm so ashamed
Yeah I'm so ashamed for you
We believed the same things
You stand to the side
Rebirth of hadcore pride
Too bad you can't see all the good things that I see

Back, in back in the day
When I went to see your bands play
Didn't seem like wasted days
I was so sincere
Now I see more clearly
This only work to them

It's not to me so I say
Hats off to bands that change
Good luck go your own way
Why play for us if your heart's not it
Cuz. What. might. What might seem dumb to you
Is pounding in my heart

Then I peter out...memories NY and CT HC strong.

5 Agnostic Front- Gotta Go

This was the toughest band for me to pick from. could have gone with Victim in Pain, society suckers or The Blame. All classics. i went with this non classic based on the last time I saw them with the misfits. 

Our lives are led by TV shows you know it's true instead of thinking we play Donkey Kong there's something wrong with that we're made to think life's like a game show so here we go again the one who dies with the most stuff is the one who wins

Stand Still

Not as much but with such intensity
I'd like to be what they would not want me to be
I'd like to take your chivalry stab it in the guts
I'd like to leave it all behind with the rest of the nuts

I...I

I guess it's too bad
I guess it's too bad
I guess it's too bad
Too bad - For you!

I...I

Not as much but with more feeling now
I'd likee to forget about you and try to break it somehow
I'd like to push it aside and try and leave it some more
I'd like to leave you where I saw you there on the floor

I...I...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO, ROIR compilation and Rock For Light comp albums trumped Caroline's more metal-based

I against I against I against I

The Youth Are Getting Restless, also on Caroline, was a great record, though as it mixed the three and had a killer cover of "Day Tripper" set to reggae on it

1 Refused- New Noise

Still havent really heard anything like it. They had me at the intro. 

Thanks for following along. Ill leave us with this, because this is how I feel. 

We are too old for this stuff
They say that the classics never die, but
They do, they do
Somehow baby, I never thought that we'd do, too

I took the first bus, down to Coca-Cola city
Made me feel, all nauseous and ####ty

I took the first bus, way d-d-own

Best hardcore album this side of Bad Brains. The Shape Of Punk To Come. Own in it special edition vinyl, bra. I kid, but I do. That's how I know an album is important to me. 

Great job, AcerFC. I hope I didn't spill too much over your front pages. The top tirhty-five or so got into familiar and often crossover (not the HC/metal movement, but the punk/HC beginning) material that I so dearly loved.

Yes, that's a past tense. I am, as the skit pointed out, too old for this.

Give me some sweet soul music or some folk/rock now.

That is all.

5 Agnostic Front- Gotta Go

This was the toughest band for me to pick from. could have gone with Victim in Pain, society suckers or The Blame. All classics. i went with this non classic based on the last time I saw them with the misfits. 
Good song, but nothing from Victim in Pain might be the biggest shocker on the list.

I was more of a metal guy, but seeing AF or the Cro Mags back in the 80s was like seeing Slayer in the mid-80s for me. Such great memories. Luckily living in NY, I got to see AF and the Cro Mags many times.

I think the Cro Mags still put on a great show today.  The last time I saw AF they were awful. Poor Roger's voice. It was so bad, but I still love them. Stigma! 

This was fun, and I can't wait to check out the playlist even though Firestorm should have been your Earth Crisis pick and it should have been #1 not #98  ;)  

Additional random thoughts and observations as follows:

Sick of it All, Death Threat, Shai Hulud, Gorilla Biscuts (or CIV), Agnostic Front,  Fugazi... and I'd love to see Donnybrook, but I am sure that is a long shot. ETA: Cro-mags
Shai Hulud is not really one of my favorite bands, but they do have one of my all time favorite songs:  Set Your Body Ablaze... I just assumed everyone felt the same way ;)

I linked Death Threat above, the are CT legends, I love them... there was a point where I listened to nothing other then Death Threat and Blood for Blood. 

Donnybrook is LA HC and are unfortunately notorious for an FSU related murder at one of their shows.  Check out Down For The Core (no murder just breakdowns, seriously, the one at the end rules)

I did not think Sworn Enemy would make the list, but IDS is another one of my all time favorite songs. 

Hasp by One King Down is another one of my all time favorites - pretty sure we talked about them at one point, and you were not a fan.

I probably would have had Throwdown on my list, (likely Unite) but I am certain that no one else would have. 

I have more, but I have to pee.

Again, thanks for sharing!

There were about 15 songs I was not able to add because they are not on spotify and Amazon. 

So hardcore 85 will have to do. 

Users who are viewing this thread