What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**AFC Divisional Round - Chiefs at Bills** (-2.5, 46) Kickoff Sunday 6:30 (1 Viewer)

Those last two plays for the Bills before the FG were bad calls. You can't throw incomplete there, even if they hit the FG I think they lose.
The play call had Diggs running wide open across the field.
I think a TD there with 2 minutes left and they still lose. Taking the shot with that much time left = not the play.
I remember the exact same thing happened in one of the Eagles games, they were crucified for scoring too early.

Lost in all of this is a fake punt to Demar Hamlin is the funniest play call since Dallas got Zeke killed on that final snap last year.
If you're gonna be crazy enough to try and go for it there in that area of the field, put the best player you have out there.

This is why Josh Allen can't beat Mahomes. Had Diggs wide open for first and went for HR ball.
Yes, this game is on him. Not his receivers who dropped 3 deeps balls. Not on his kicker for missing what is a gimme kick in the NFL these days. Not his defense who couldn’t even slow down KC for 2/3 of the game. No, it’s the guy that consistently made unreal throws to guys. The guy that made huge plays with his feet all night. Yup, it’s because he didn’t make one throw.
I mean mahomes seems to overcome adversity. I never said the loss was on Allen but for him to beat mahomes he has to be perfect.

I put this on the defence. No punts until the 4th quarter.

What difference did it make the game was in Buffalo. It is supposed to be an advantage for the Dline.

Bills spend a lot of money on Dline. Zero pressure. Couldn’t stop the run.

Hard to blame the LBs with the injuries. They should have had the safeties up helping them more. Bad plan combined with bad Dline play 😕

As a dad of a kicker I feel bad for Bass. Nobody feels worse than him and his family right now. Hope Bills fans have some grace for him.

Bills had one hell of a season overcoming all those injuries to even get here. Love me some Josh Allen. That dude is an old school baller.

As a dad of a kicker I feel bad for Bass. Nobody feels worse than him and his family right now. Hope Bills fans have some grace for him.

Bills had one hell of a season overcoming all those injuries to even get here. Love me some Josh Allen. That dude is an old school baller.
Don't think it would have mattered. If Bills wanted to win, they would have needed to get in the endzone at the end there. Giving Pat a 1:30, 2-min drive, or playing into OT is asking for a loss.

Pat just has that team's number unfortunately.

It was the same story last year. Backup Cincy Oline playing in Buffalo. Dline was supposed to pressure Burrow all day. Zero pressure and they got picked apart.
Think of all the resources that we've poured into the DL and the results we've gotten. Now imagine if those same resources had gone toward putting weapons around our QB.

It was the same story last year. Backup Cincy Oline playing in Buffalo. Dline was supposed to pressure Burrow all day. Zero pressure and they got picked apart.
Think of all the resources that we've poured into the DL and the results we've gotten. Now imagine if those same resources had gone toward putting weapons around our QB.
I think that Allen has some great resources around him. Diggs is just fading in front of our eyes, TO style. Sherfield is the reason you have that home game. Shakir and your TEs are ballers, and Cook has been playing lights out. Sometimes you cannot beat a team when it matters, until you do. You hope that the Bills "figure it out" before Miami does in the conference (or the Jets with Captain No-Vax) or Houston, etc lap them.

Only one team finishes this playoffs happy. Everyone else gets the "what if"

The BUF offense had 27 first downs, 37 minutes time of possession. Josh was great. Almost connected on a few long passes that the WRs could've caught. Maybe Gabe catches 1 of those. This loss is primarily on the defense, the KC game plan on offense was as expected. But give credit to Mahomes, Reid, Mr. Swift, and Creed.

Miami is in similar cap hell, but BUF has Allen, a huge advantage.

In 10 playoff games Allen has 27 TDs, 4 INTs and averages 330 yards a game total.

And has one AFC championship appearance.

He constantly gets let down by those around him.

He can’t kick the FG or catch 60 yard dimes dropped into his arms.
He can’t guard Kelce with 13 seconds left.
He can’t stop Cincy from scoring two TDs easily to jump out to a 14-0 lead.

Could he have made better choices on those last two throws? Yes. But if you need your QB to be perfect not just amazing that is too much to ask.

😕

In 10 playoff games Allen has 27 TDs, 4 INTs and averages 330 yards a game total.

Could he have made better choices on those last two throws? Yes. But if you need your QB to be perfect not just amazing that is too much to ask.

😕

Dude is incredible.

😕
But those last two throws were game determining. Has to “make better choices”.

Allen is my favorite player not on my favorite team, but he should have taken the easy first down pass to Diggs and worked the clock so KC wouldn’t have much time left if they did score.

😕

Allen is my favorite player not on my favorite team, but he should have taken the easy first down pass to Diggs and worked the clock so KC wouldn’t have much time left if they did score.
Considering this has probably been his most uneven year since his rookie one, it's not surprising he was looking somewhere else than at Diggs. There is something broken in that relationship at this point. I love Diggs (he's won me lots of FF money over the years especially when only Harmon was pimping him), but He is "Plaxico-ing" his way out of Orchard Park.

Bills have more than their share of brutal luck. They are the Anti-Patriots in that regard. AS a Dolphin fan I would like to ascend to that level of frustration (we're close), and then hopefully Don Shula's ghost will carry us the rest of the way.

😕

The throw to Shakir was the right call. That's a TD if Jones doesn't push Dawkins into Allen on the release, which also probably affects a throw to Diggs as well.
The BUF offense had 27 first downs, 37 minutes time of possession. Josh was great. Almost connected on a few long passes that the WRs could've caught. Maybe Gabe catches 1 of those. This loss is primarily on the defense, the KC game plan on offense was as expected. But give credit to Mahomes, Reid, Mr. Swift, and Creed.

Miami is in similar cap hell, but BUF has Allen, a huge advantage.
Its weird to me that there is a narrative that Buffalo blew it in some way. The better team won the game. Buffalo was probably fortunate it was as close as it was, given the Hardman fumble.

Buffalo played a very good game, no shame in losing to a better team. Much like the Rams vs Lions in round 1.

People are acting like Shakir wasn't open for the TD. He was.

To go further, my guess is that 90% of the people playing MMQB on this play would be saying something like "Allen should have been more patient and waited for Shakir to come open in the endzone instead of forcing it to Diggs" if he had taken the check-down and gone on to lose.

😕

The throw to Shakir was the right call. That's a TD if Jones doesn't push Dawkins into Allen on the release, which also probably affects a throw to Diggs as well.
Totally disagree. Needed to take the first down and work the clock. Shakir was open but it was a much harder throw, especially with some wind. Plus, KC would have had almost two minutes left and plenty of time against a banged up defense even if he hit the pass. 44 yards in those conditions isn't a gimme either.

Mahomes would have checked down and done exactly that, which is part of why he wins. Plays smarter in big games.

People are acting like Shakir wasn't open for the TD. He was.

To go further, my guess is that 90% of the people playing MMQB on this play would be saying something like "Allen should have been more patient and waited for Shakir to come open in the endzone instead of forcing it to Diggs" if he had taken the check-down and gone on to lose.
2nd guessing is what fans do, but doubt 90 percent would be 2nd guessing that.

I don't know, maybe Buffalo doesn't practice game situations as well as the Chiefs do. Unfortunate as most fans outside of Chiefs fans and pop music fans wanted the Bills to win.

😕
Agreed. It shows how absurd sports fans have gotten in general when every playoff win or less is a referendum on both QBs in said game.

😕
😱 Those stats are insane to have not made it to a SB.

Users who are viewing this thread