What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**AFC Divisional Round - Chiefs at Bills** (-2.5, 46) Kickoff Sunday 6:30 (1 Viewer)

I'm happy to say I have no idea who looks better to win. Neither one stands out as favorites and I don't have any reason to root for or against either one. Just a good old-fashioned playoff game between two solid teams. Can't wait to watch this one.
Definitely going to be an exciting one. I think the Chiefs played really well last week vs a damaged Miami team in the freezing cold. They've looked susceptible all year though. I think Buffalo wins by 2 possessions.

I'm happy to say I have no idea who looks better to win. Neither one stands out as favorites and I don't have any reason to root for or against either one. Just a good old-fashioned playoff game between two solid teams. Can't wait to watch this one.
Definitely going to be an exciting one. I think the Chiefs played really well last week vs a damaged Miami team in the freezing cold. They've looked susceptible all year though. I think Buffalo wins by 2 possessions.
Makes sense. Also makes sense that Allen throws an untimely pick, they forget about the run and they lose by a field goal. No idea. This is the game of the week imo.

This is the game we wanted in the off-season. Gonna be fun. Hopefully. Please no blow out. If the stars align and the Chiefs win the super bowl the Mahomes lore is gonna get silly. Miami. Buffalo. Ravens. Niners. Brutal possible path. I do prefer Bills win this.

Bills Dline is impressive at home and will get Mahomes moving in the pocket.

Bills will probably be missing their top two LBs so might be a big day running for Mahomes.

Bass kicked like garbage yesterday, can’t do that against KC and win in what will probably be a FG game.

Unlike prior years, the last 6 weeks the defence has actually been able to close out games, Bills win a nail biter while taking their fans on another cardiac ride.

It is right that this game should be the last one of Divisional Weekend.
It is right that The Bills should be at home.
This should be a great game to watch and it could be down right balmy ( 20 ) in Buffalo.
Both teams are flawed,which will only make it better.
I like the way The Bills are playing right now,they've been in "win or go home" mode for almost two months.
I think Taylor's boyfriend will have a big game.
But I think Josh Allen has the better "team" right now.
So...

Buffalo Bills- 27
Kansas City Chiefs- 23

I think the Chiefs are out for blood after the controversial offsides call on Toney in their regular season matchup. However, I would love to see the Bills win this one. All about the pressure the Bills can put on Patty in the pocket and Josh Allen not making those crucial turnovers.

I am thinking this will be a high scoring game. Bills secondary looks vulnerable, and Bills offense looks like they are clicking. In the end the Chiefs lose because their pass catchers just can't make as many plays as the Bills do.

Seems everyone expects this to be a passing of the torch game but I can see Mahomes winning, getting to the Super Bowl, and everyone saying UGH AGAIN WITH THIS GUY?

The Chiefs stink. They will be playing a better defense this week at their place. A place where the Bills and fans have been waiting for the opportunity for the Chiefs to come there during playoff time.

It feels like it's now or never for the Bills. I think they take it:

Bills 24 - Chiefs 20

Heart says 23-20 KC
Head says 23-20 Buf
Should be a classic. Can’t wait for the refs to interject themselves into a game where they’re not wanted.

In the last 4 games Shawn Hochuli has been a part of in Bills games, they have called 40 penalties for 347 yards against the Bills including a game in Philly this year that Bills fans will not remember fondly. If Chiefs fans are just looking for a win, they probably should want the refs involved.

Pretty crazy that Mahomes has never played a road playoff game. Their defense this year has averaged giving up 10 points more on the road this year than at home, so this could be a big deal.

Even though the Bills and Chiefs have played a bunch over the last few years, they only played once in Buffalo and it was in 2020 in front of no fans.

I think it may come down to what defensive players Buffalo gets back healthy. Rasul Douglas should be back which is huge. Dodson I think is likely to be back which is likewise big. Taron Johnson is less likely and would be a big loss against KC. No idea Taylor Rapp’s likelihood but he would be a solid re-addition. Guessing Bernard will not be healthy enough to play and that’s a huge loss, especially against Kelce, Pacheco and a Chiefs team that likes to go middle of the field.

As a Viking fan I feel a strange kinship with the Bills. Hope they pull it out but I’ll believe the king is dead when I see it. Rice is the guy Mahomes has been looking for since Hill left.

KC 24
Buff 23.9

I think the Chiefs are out for blood after the controversial offsides call on Toney in their regular season matchup. However, I would love to see the Bills win this one. All about the pressure the Bills can put on Patty in the pocket and Josh Allen not making those crucial turnovers.
Not trying to get a debate going about that game again, but there was nothing controversial about that game. Toney was offsides. End of story.

Besides, I suspect deep down the Chiefs know that their idiot WR was mostly to blame.

Not trying to get a debate going about that game again, but there was nothing controversial about that game. Toney was offsides. End of story.

Besides, I suspect deep down the Chiefs know that their idiot WR was mostly to blame.

It was controversial .. Especially when he lined up the same way the entire game and the refs only chose to throw the flag on basically the last play. Be consistent .. That’s all any player asks for .. And Toney being offsides had zero competitive advantage on that play .. He didn’t get a great jump off the line and beat the corner by 5 yards on a deep bomb or something .. But, it doesn’t matter .. He won’t play this game lol

I think the Bills take it but it will come down to turnovers. Chiefs haven’t been able to get out of their own way in most of their losses. KC wins the turnover battle I think they carry the day but I think the Bills are too hot right now to overcome. I don’t expect this to be the the thriller we had just a season or two ago, one team will pull away easily in the 2nd half IMO.

Hochuli had the penalties 10-1 against the Bills in the first half of the Philly game including several important blunders and missed calls.

Without that inequity the Bills have a bigger lead at half and very likely win in regulation.

Bills are 1-1 with him the last four years, haven’t seen him much. They were 0-2 in 2018 but that was a very different team.

Last edited:

It was controversial .. Especially when he lined up the same way the entire game and the refs only chose to throw the flag on basically the last play. Be consistent .. That’s all any player asks for .. And Toney being offsides had zero competitive advantage on that play .. He didn’t get a great jump off the line and beat the corner by 5 yards on a deep bomb or something .. But, it doesn’t matter .. He won’t play this game lol
This argument sounds a little too much like Toney saying "C'mon, I broke the rules earlier and nobody said anything, so I should be allowed to break the rules now. So what if there's clear-cut video evidence I was offside? Nobody will mind. In fact, fans and the media will praise you for being 'consistent.' It's wrong that you didn't warn me I was offside. That's your responsibility. Not mine."

This argument sounds a little too much like Toney saying "C'mon, I broke the rules earlier and nobody said anything, so I should be allowed to break the rules now. So what if there's clear-cut video evidence I was offside? Nobody will mind. In fact, fans and the media will praise you for being 'consistent.' It's wrong that you didn't warn me I was offside. That's your responsibility. Not mine."
Yep, and the fact that Toney days later was still blaming the officials instead of taking personal responsibility for his mistake just shows what a dope he is. If the Chiefs are smart, he will never see the field for them again on offense.

I think the Chiefs are out for blood after the controversial offsides call on Toney in their regular season matchup.
I don't think I've ever seen a fan base so salty over an obvious penalty committed by a 80-IQ player. It sucks that it wiped out what would have been an exciting play, but that happens with holding, illegal motion, etc. all the time.
Every Chiefs fan I know is not salty about that call. It was the right call. Just a bummer because it was a cool play.

BTW, this tweet shows what we Buffalo folks are talking about when we mention the "bands" of Lake Effect snow and the uncertainly in predicting it.

Yikes

2.5 miles apart. :lmao:

bolded is 100% inaccurate....I've watched every play of every Chiefs game for as long as I can remember and probably the first or second biggest Chief homer on this board....Toney was not lined up offsides the entire game....that just isn't true....(I wish it was).....this was one of the worst jobs of lining up I have ever seen in ANY GAME.....it was that bad....in fact I sat there before the snap and told my family, this play isn't going to count no matter what happens, "look at him" he is way offsides.....and sure enough there was a flag, it was of ZERO surprise to me the play got called back....it was that bad/blatant....and no he hadn't been lined up like that all game....if you have picture evidence of examples of that, please provide....

bolded is 100% inaccurate....I've watched every play of every Chiefs game for as long as I can remember and probably the first or second biggest Chief homer on this board....Toney was not lined up offsides the entire game....that just isn't true....(I wish it was).....this was one of the worst jobs of lining up I have ever seen in ANY GAME.....it was that bad....in fact I sat there before the snap and told my family, this play isn't going to count no matter what happens, "look at him" he is way offsides.....and sure enough there was a flag, it was of ZERO surprise to me the play got called back....it was that bad/blatant....and no he hadn't been lined up like that all game....if you have picture evidence of examples of that, please provide....

The Bills might not be able to practice due to more snow 😕. Having some bad luck stack up against them.

On a positive note, Douglas and Dodson both practiced today and it sounds like Bernard actually has a shot, even if it’s slim, to make it back as well.

Orlovsky thinks they are similar......I would argue the play in question was egregious and much worse....the others are close and not really noticeable at the time....at least they weren't to me...the last one was....but either way....good get and thanks for finding this..

One point he makes was that Toney never looked at the official to check if he was offsides or not on any of the plays that Orlovsky showed. The bottom line is that it is the player's responsibility to line up correctly. If you check with the official they will waive you forward or back as needed - only to improve the flow of the game, since people don't like dumb flags interrupting the flow of the game. Since Toney didn't check (yes, on the flagged play he glanced over, but nowhere near long enough to get a signal from the official), how would he get a warning? The other thing that players do when checking their alignment is either point forward or backward, to indicate they intend to be on the line or off the line, which Toney didn't do either. Plus on the play where the flag was thrown, the official had to move himself to be able to see the ball before it was snapped. That is probably what got under the official's skin and caused him to throw the flag - enough was enough.

The fault is 100% with Toney - he is the one who lined up offsides.

One point he makes was that Toney never looked at the official to check if he was offsides or not on any of the plays that Orlovsky showed. The bottom line is that it is the player's responsibility to line up correctly. If you check with the official they will waive you forward or back as needed - only to improve the flow of the game, since people don't like dumb flags interrupting the flow of the game. Since Toney didn't check (yes, on the flagged play he glanced over, but nowhere near long enough to get a signal from the official), how would he get a warning? The other thing that players do when checking their alignment is either point forward or backward, to indicate they intend to be on the line or off the line, which Toney didn't do either. Plus on the play where the flag was thrown, the official had to move himself to be able to see the ball before it was snapped. That is probably what got under the official's skin and caused him to throw the flag - enough was enough.

The fault is 100% with Toney - he is the one who lined up offsides.

this.... and lots of people have mentioned "warnings" and how it is the official's job to move them, etc.....some of that.... like warnings may be an unwritten courtesy that is sometimes extended, but I do not think "giving warnings" about how players line up is something you will find in the NFL rulebook......

I have worked the sidelines at the high school level for 30 years and yeah occasionally we do kind of give them signals to move up or move back.....but it is not something that is done every play and all game long....at some point the players are responsible....in fact often telling them to move up or move back sometimes causes problems, because you signal them to do that and the next thing you know the ball is snapped, now you have a false start or illegal motion that everybody in the stadium sees.....now whose fault is that?....the player is going to say the ref told me to adjust.....also what if you have two or three players on the side and they are ALL looking at you at the same time looking for some type of confirmation.....if you signal to one of them how do the others know you are not signaling them....?...so it is a very fine line all this "looking over" and the ref signaling players etc....I have often communicated with players "I am giving you my upfield foot as the line of scrimmage.....you need to position yourself based on that and the ball" you have to be able to do it yourself.....we we also let the coaches know....""hey 82 is having trouble lining up, you may need to work with him"....so I get a little annoyed at Orlovsky and his attitude about the refs having accountability here....these are professionals, lining up should be one of the easiest things they have to do....

Last edited:
I am not sure what the issue (other than an abundance of dropped passes and Mahomes being not as accurate as normal), but I think the sluggish Chiefs return to form and Buffalo wins this one easily behind a dominating performance by Josh Allen.

Buffalo 34, KC Chiefs 13.

This sounds ridiculous (and it is) but this is the game I'm least excited about this weekend. I wanna see how Stroud and the Texans do vs. the Ravens, after blowing out the Browns; I'm excited by the Lions decades-in-waiting success and want to see if they can keep it going; I'm a 49ers fan and it should be a great game against the Packers. And then this one's just like, oh, it's Mahomes vs. Allen again. I'm sure it'll be amazing, their last playoff matchup was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. Here's hoping this one delivers to close out a great weekend of football.

I'll say home field advantage is the difference in this one and Buffalo escapes with a 21-17 win.

The call is out again for people to shovel at $20 an hour. If I show up Sunday and there is still snow in my seat I will be pissed. They couldn’t do anything about it last week due to the travel ban up until 6am game day, but this week they have time.

Throw money at this and deal with it!

This sounds ridiculous (and it is) but this is the game I'm least excited about this weekend. I wanna see how Stroud and the Texans do vs. the Ravens, after blowing out the Browns; I'm excited by the Lions decades-in-waiting success and want to see if they can keep it going; I'm a 49ers fan and it should be a great game against the Packers. And then this one's just like, oh, it's Mahomes vs. Allen again. I'm sure it'll be amazing, their last playoff matchup was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. Here's hoping this one delivers to close out a great weekend of football.

I'll say home field advantage is the difference in this one and Buffalo escapes with a 21-17 win.

If it's ridiculous, it's both of us because I feel the same way. This is the least interesting game to me. Compared to the others it has that been there done that thing going. Should be a fun game and I am excited to watch it, but I have little interest in the outcome. I'd love another great battle with another historic finish, but the other three games have me more intrigued. Ravens and 9ers probably romp and this one could be epic, but that's just how I feel.

I know the Bills are dealing with some injuries, but it feels like they have to win this game. Even with their defense being this great, this is probably the least best Chiefs team since Mahomes became the starter, and the Bills are finally getting them at home in a playoff game. If they can't beat them now, then when? While different scenarios, it reminds me a little of the Colts/Pats 2006 AFCCG. The Colts had to win that game to get over that hump, which they did. The Bills have to win this game.

I know the Bills are dealing with some injuries, but it feels like they have to win this game. Even with their defense being this great, this is probably the least best Chiefs team since Mahomes became the starter, and the Bills are finally getting them at home in a playoff game. If they can't beat them now, then when? While different scenarios, it reminds me a little of the Colts/Pats 2006 AFCCG. The Colts had to win that game to get over that hump, which they did. The Bills have to win this game.
I agree with you. To be frank, losing to the Chiefs in the divisional round is no better than losing to Miami in Week 18 and missing the playoffs altogether. The Bills have been good for a while now, and it's time to do something more than just win a random playoff game against a depleted team. Everybody should have the bar set quite a bit higher now.

The Chiefs are very good of course, and there's no shame in losing to a team like that, but the season will have been a failure in that case.

This is exactly what I was talking about with a friend of mine the other day. And I think it does happen.

Now is the time for the Bills. If they get over this hump watch out.

The Bills will defeat the San Francisco 49ers on February 11. Super Bowl MVP Josh Allen will look Tracy Wolfson in the eye and say, “Tracy, I’m going to the Pit!” And all of Buffalo will join him—high on LSD, cocaine, marijuana, and the sweet relief of delayed gratification and covered in feces—in a celebration that razes Orchard Park and destabilizes the American economy.

This is the only way I'd accept a SF loss in the Super Bowl.

Josh Allen's turn to shine and move on. In fact I think the Bills are going to the SB. They have the best QB on the field right now......that’s right. Mahomes has not been himself all season, he does not have explosive weapons, he constantly whines like a little ***** to the officials (Josh does too so......pipe that crap down Josh) but I see the Bills as being locked in. The Chiefs beat a depleted and free falling Miami team whose season ended vs Baltimore with a thud.

Bills 23
Chiefs 13

Hardest game of the week to pick for me. I think the Bills are objectively playing better, but I could also see an Andy Reid masterclass against a banged-up Bills D.

This is the only game I'm not touching gambling wise. If I were forced to, I'd take KC only because they are getting points. I think both QBs will do a lot with their legs, and I think this could be a really big Pacheco game. I also think this could be a James Cook game, and maybe this is the week the deep shots to Diggs hit.

Users who are viewing this thread