What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Android/Google All the Time (1 Viewer)

Anyone using Inbox? I got my invite a couple days ago and I can't decide if I prefer this to the regular Gmail app or not.
I am giving it a run.... still using Gmail though too. I have a feeling that I am going to stick with Gmail, but I sure do love snoozing emails in Inbox.
I guess for me, I'm not a big email person, so having Inbox do all this extra sorting and such doesn't really do much for me

Anyone using Inbox? I got my invite a couple days ago and I can't decide if I prefer this to the regular Gmail app or not.
I am giving it a run.... still using Gmail though too. I have a feeling that I am going to stick with Gmail, but I sure do love snoozing emails in Inbox.
I guess for me, I'm not a big email person, so having Inbox do all this extra sorting and such doesn't really do much for me
Been talking to some friends who have tried this out and it seems it may miss the mark. Those who aren't heavy email users just don't see the reason for it. And those who are heavy into email would just rather control everything with filters, labels, and a 3rd party extension like Boomerang. Doesn't seem to be a marriage of user base with feature set

not to hijack but if you're in the market for a new BT headset, look at the plantronics m55. Great clarity on calls and you can stream radio to it. great for news and talk. Voice answering too. Oh 38 bbucks on Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is better: LG G3 or Samsung S5?
what do you do with your phone and what do you value out of a phone?
:shrug:

Have an S3 right now and its pretty great. Standard phone stuff. Some games. Web browsing. Email.
sounds like just about any phone would do that, i don't even think you need a flagship level phone.

in fact, i don't think you need to switch phones.
in fact, if you get a new phone, can I have your s3? i mean i'll pay you something.

I can tell my Atrix 4g is about to die out, plus many apps either don't run or run really clunky on Android 2.3.6

Have an S3 right now and its pretty great. Standard phone stuff. Some games. Web browsing. Email.
sounds like just about any phone would do that, i don't even think you need a flagship level phone.

in fact, if you get a new phone, can I have your s3? i mean i'll pay you something.

I can tell my Atrix 4g is about to die out, plus many apps either don't run or run really clunky on Android 2.3.6
Work is paying for it so and my old one goes will go someone else here (sorry, can't help ya). My choices are those two or a blackberry. I certainly wouldn't pay for a new phone myself; the S3 is plenty fine for my needs.

Work is paying for it so and my old one goes will go someone else here (sorry, can't help ya). My choices are those two or a blackberry. I certainly wouldn't pay for a new phone myself; the S3 is plenty fine for my needs.
Well, then stick with what you know, and get the S5.

Anyone willing to send me an inbox invite? Pm please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soulfly3 said:
Forget Inbox, gents...

GMail 5.0 is out and dear god is it ever sexy. Will be pushed to devices over the coming days, but this this is gorgeous.... and best part, you can sync your exchange accounts w it. U

check it:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/31/gmail-5-0-exchange-support-material-design-landed-apk-download/
Dear god hopefully they let you turn off conversation view in this version.
Conversation view is one of the best things in GMail. I don't understand how people manage their email without it.

Soulfly3 said:
Forget Inbox, gents...

GMail 5.0 is out and dear god is it ever sexy. Will be pushed to devices over the coming days, but this this is gorgeous.... and best part, you can sync your exchange accounts w it. U

check it:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/31/gmail-5-0-exchange-support-material-design-landed-apk-download/
Dear god hopefully they let you turn off conversation view in this version.
Conversation view is one of the best things in GMail. I don't understand how people manage their email without it.
:goodposting: Though I am guessing a good portion of those against it are the people who have one giant conversation with their friends/family and never initiate a new email. I've had a few long lengthy (# of replies) exchanges with suppliers and the conversation virtually crashes the gmail app.

What is this conversation view you speak of?
How new replies get tacked onto the old email in the chain instead of creating a new one.
As a small clarification - each email is still a separate email. GMail (and the Google Email apps) just puts them into a single line/view so it appears as a conversation rather than multiple emails. Protip: Google uses the subject line to group emails into a thread, so if you ever need to break a thread into a new "conversation", just change the subject line.

Anyone try the Walmart app? You can scan your receipt and it checks for lower prices and will give you money back in a gift card or something. I scanned about a $60 receipt and it said it is checking for lower prices with +100 other nearby stores. It still says its comparing...

Anyone try the Walmart app? You can scan your receipt and it checks for lower prices and will give you money back in a gift card or something. I scanned about a $60 receipt and it said it is checking for lower prices with +100 other nearby stores. It still says its comparing...
Wife uses it a lot. I think we have gotten a total of $15 back. $15 we didn't have before though.

If I have a phone running jelly bean but emulating iOS how hard is out to revert back to normal Android jelly bean and give Android a try?

If I have a phone running jelly bean but emulating iOS how hard is out to revert back to normal Android jelly bean and give Android a try?
What do you mean by emulating?

A factory data reset, while drastic, will certainly get you back to Jelly bean. Though it may be easier to just give a different Launcher a try.

It's a new phone my son got that looks like an iPhone. It's actually an Android fake that the user interface is trying to look like ios 8. That's very clunky and he just wants it to run Android.

It's a new phone my son got that looks like an iPhone. It's actually an Android fake that the user interface is trying to look like ios 8. That's very clunky and he just wants it to run Android.
Does it have access to the Play Store? Just have him in stall Nova Launcher if so.

Does it have access to the Play Store? Just have him in stall Nova Launcher if so.
Yes, you click the"app store" icon and it goes to Google play. I've got the phone so I'll do that. Thanks!

Does Nova have anything advantages over Google/Touchwiz launchers?
I think so.
Like what? Just curious what kind of speed/functionality I can pick up. Takes a while to get everything set up in a new Launcher.

Does Nova have anything advantages over Google/Touchwiz launchers?
I think so.
Like what? Just curious what kind of speed/functionality I can pick up. Takes a while to get everything set up in a new Launcher.
It is all personal preference stuff, but I like being able to swipe icons, folders, and random parts of the screen to launch apps/actions on my phone. I just use the Google Now launcher on my tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread