What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-Star Vote Leaders... (1 Viewer)

So your "shtick" is de-railing a possibly interesting and thoughtful topic by mocking some silly fan voting results in the hopes that you can illicit an inflammatory or argumentative response from the offending team's fanbase?I hope I can speak for others when I say we're all just sitting on pins and needles waiting for your next dastardly baseball web forum scheme or overtly ironic use or smileys.
You need a drink.How is this suddenly an interesting and thoughtful topic to you when just a day ago you said it was "kids, drunk fans, elderly people and the Japaneese that are voting"? I think everyone has come to the conclusion that it's a popularity contest.It's obvious to me based on the voting that there are a whole lot more Texas Ranger fans in 2012 then there were just 4 years ago.....and those fans like to vote. Texas has become a real popular team in a short amount of time.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Over the past 14 days Beltre's OPS is more than 100 points higher than Cabrera's. If Cabrera and Beltre swapped parks I'm guessing Cabrera's OPS would be between 150 and 200 points higher than Beltre's (Cabrera's career OPS is 150 points higher than Beltre's). Career-wise they aren't close, Cabrera IS SUPERIOR to Beltre as a hitter in every way. Now, then and tomorrow. Oh...and according to defensive WAR at Beisbol reference Cabrera's is 0.1, Beltre's is 0.0. That doesn't seem to be a significant difference does it?Career .277 /.329 /.470 /.799 322HRs/1158 RBI 8300 Plate Appearances2012

OFF WAR DEF WAR1.8 -0.0Career .317 /.394 /.555 /.948 291HRs/1039 RBI 6100 Plate Appearances2012
Code:
OFF WAR    DEF WAR2.5 	       0.1
Cabrera is having an off year at the plate and is still .55 OPS points ahead of Beltre and leading him in every other category including triples and steals.
:rolleyes:
:own3d:
Yes, you got me. Nowhere in here has any Ranger fan claimed that Beltre was a better hitter than Cabrera, we all know that Cabrera is the better hitter regardless of what statistics say. All I said was that Beltre's offensive numbers were only slightly lower than Cabrera's. Which they were/are. And Beltre is a GG 3B, which he is... multiple times. Funny that you like to like to hang your hat on Beltre's "hot streak" while completely ignoring it came on the heals of Cabrera going 8/19 with 3 doubles and 4 HR's and an unsustainable OPS of 1.6, and completely ignorning they have 250+ AB's to compare. As already mentioned, at the begining of June Beltre had a higher BA, OPS and more HR than Cabrera, a lot of these votes were already cast at that point, and yes the Rangers fans got out the vote and that is what is putting Beltre over the edge.How much whining can we expect from you when Scherzer is left off the ASG roster? Will that be a Japanese-Ranger conspiracy?
Advantage to the Tigers in starting pitching, with the Rangers having the better bullpen. lol at anyong thinking Harrison, Colby Cheese or the other guy are better than Scherzer, that is pretty entertaining. Hitting is pretty much the same, maybe a very slight advantage to the Rangers.
It's just really hard for me to take you serious when you constantly throw out blow hard nuggets like this one. I'm still lol'ing that I thought that any of those 3 were better than Scherzer. :bye:
Well you've shown that you are quite possibly the dumbest poster in the baseball forum. I pointed out defensive WAR, you ignore it. I give you the OPS numbers from the past two weeks, you ignore it. Then you post something from last September trying to recover from looking like a complete idiot. Well played. :thumbup:

So your "shtick" is de-railing a possibly interesting and thoughtful topic by mocking some silly fan voting results in the hopes that you can illicit an inflammatory or argumentative response from the offending team's fanbase?I hope I can speak for others when I say we're all just sitting on pins and needles waiting for your next dastardly baseball web forum scheme or overtly ironic use or smileys.
You need a drink.How is this suddenly an interesting and thoughtful topic to you when just a day ago you said it was "kids, drunk fans, elderly people and the Japaneese that are voting"? I think everyone has come to the conclusion that it's a popularity contest.It's obvious to me based on the voting that there are a whole lot more Texas Ranger fans in 2012 then there were just 4 years ago.....and those fans like to vote. Texas has become a real popular team in a short amount of time.
Going to Ranger games two years ago when they were in a pennant race in September and only seeing 20k was awesome. Guys like ctdumb and Jock strap never even knew there was a baseball field in Arlington until they went to take pictures of Jerryworld and discovered it. Now they show up on the internet pimping their Mitch Moreland's for the all-star game and trying to tell us Adrian Beltre is Miguel Cabrera's equal. If you know Cowboy fans you can't be shocked by this, they took all the dumb out of their football followership and moved it on over to America's pastime like a fat chick moves bacon from plate to mouth.

There hasn't been this much bad blood between Dallas and Detroit since Belfour was between the pipes. :lol:
The stories about that guy trying to bribe cops and hookers in Canada are awesome. I did indeed hate the eagle, but he was crazy enough to like in retrospect. Did you hear the story about him buzzing the control tower in Alberta somewhere? Apparently he's a pilot, what a great character. :lmao:

So your "shtick" is de-railing a possibly interesting and thoughtful topic by mocking some silly fan voting results in the hopes that you can illicit an inflammatory or argumentative response from the offending team's fanbase?

I hope I can speak for others when I say we're all just sitting on pins and needles waiting for your next dastardly baseball web forum scheme or overtly ironic use or smileys.
You need a drink.How is this suddenly an interesting and thoughtful topic to you when just a day ago you said it was "kids, drunk fans, elderly people and the Japaneese that are voting"? I think everyone has come to the conclusion that it's a popularity contest.

It's obvious to me based on the voting that there are a whole lot more Texas Ranger fans in 2012 then there were just 4 years ago.....and those fans like to vote. Texas has become a real popular team in a short amount of time.
Going to Ranger games two years ago when they were in a pennant race in September and only seeing 20k was awesome. Guys like ctdumb and Jock strap never even knew there was a baseball field in Arlington until they went to take pictures of Jerryworld and discovered it. Now they show up on the internet pimping their Mitch Moreland's for the all-star game and trying to tell us Adrian Beltre is Miguel Cabrera's equal. If you know Cowboy fans you can't be shocked by this, they took all the dumb out of their football followership and moved it on over to America's pastime like a fat chick moves bacon from plate to mouth.
Yes Dr #####. I started following baseball 2 years ago. Nicely done.

Guys like ctdumb and Jock strap never even knew there was a baseball field in Arlington until they went to take pictures of Jerryworld and discovered it. Now they show up on the internet pimping their Mitch Moreland's for the all-star game and trying to tell us Adrian Beltre is Miguel Cabrera's equal. If you know Cowboy fans you can't be shocked by this, they took all the dumb out of their football followership and moved it on over to America's pastime like a fat chick moves bacon from plate to mouth.
:lmao:

So your "shtick" is de-railing a possibly interesting and thoughtful topic by mocking some silly fan voting results in the hopes that you can illicit an inflammatory or argumentative response from the offending team's fanbase?

I hope I can speak for others when I say we're all just sitting on pins and needles waiting for your next dastardly baseball web forum scheme or overtly ironic use or smileys.
You need a drink.How is this suddenly an interesting and thoughtful topic to you when just a day ago you said it was "kids, drunk fans, elderly people and the Japaneese that are voting"? I think everyone has come to the conclusion that it's a popularity contest.

It's obvious to me based on the voting that there are a whole lot more Texas Ranger fans in 2012 then there were just 4 years ago.....and those fans like to vote. Texas has become a real popular team in a short amount of time.
Can you please tell me which game this was? I am curious.

I grew up in Ft. Worth and having been following the Rangers since I moved here in 88. During the dark days of the early 00s, I worked a job after classes that was about a mile from the stadium and would go to the ballpark 2-3 nights a week, buy a $6 outfield seat, and sit about 5 rows back behind first base. From 06-09, one of my good buddies worked for Fairway Mortgage, which rented an office in the centerfield office park. Free to go; bring your own food and booze in; awesome balcony and air conditioned conference room that looked out over the park. We probably caught 60 games a year. I don't even know why I'm explaining myself.The team is winning and popular locally, so people who weren't interested in the past are now, and are coming to the park. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's good for the team, and aside from football, DFW fans have always been fair-weather. No one is going to try and say we have a rich and illustrious history like the Sox or Tigers.I'm really easygoing and know I should have just kept my mouth shut. Everyone here on the Internets has to be witty, always right and iTough. I'm not a regular in this forum, but I like to pop in every once in a while cause there's a lot of good hometown info and such. You achieved your goal; it got under my skin when I saw you and scrumps spend about a page and a half bagging on the Rangers votes and their fans. I'd understand if Bogart or Culdeus or someone was in here pounding their chest, but no one was even arguing with you. No one tried to make a point that Murphy or Moreland... deserve the votes they're getting. No one said Beltre deserves the nod over Cabrera. Seems like you're being an ####### for the fun of it, as your "shtick" response seemed to imply.Anyways, enjoy the second half and postseason. Seriously, it's a great sport; go take your kid or dad to a game. My foray into the BB forum was a short one, and I doubt I'll be back.

Page 5 (that's right, page 5) of the 2010 Texas Rangers thread has your answer.

I grew up in Ft. Worth and having been following the Rangers since I moved here in 88. During the dark days of the early 00s, I worked a job after classes that was about a mile from the stadium and would go to the ballpark 2-3 nights a week, buy a $6 outfield seat, and sit about 5 rows back behind first base. From 06-09, one of my good buddies worked for Fairway Mortgage, which rented an office in the centerfield office park. Free to go; bring your own food and booze in; awesome balcony and air conditioned conference room that looked out over the park. We probably caught 60 games a year. I don't even know why I'm explaining myself.The team is winning and popular locally, so people who weren't interested in the past are now, and are coming to the park. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's good for the team, and aside from football, DFW fans have always been fair-weather. No one is going to try and say we have a rich and illustrious history like the Sox or Tigers.
I like the background, thanks. Yeah I went to most of the Tigers games in 2008, 2009 and 2010 when I lived there and it was a mixed bag. I remember the Elvis Andrus bobblehead game (April '10?) as being the time when the seats were packed, really nice atmosphere. I went in 2009 and I think it was July or early August and it was painfully hot, a good reason not to go to the game if there ever was one but they had a good crown for the $1 hotdog night anyway. The stadium is great, I think it's underrated when people have conversations about it. It does have two HUGE drawbacks though. It's ####### hot as #### in July and August and the location just blows IMO, I wish it was in Fort Worth which is by far my favorite city in Texas. I understand that Arlington is a happy medium between Dallas and Fort Worth but I think they'd do better in the down years if it was in Fort Worth, because the town would have ownership. When they are good like now Dallas folk will still make the trip, especially on the weekends. But i like the kids activities, I love the view along the foul pole in RF looking under the 2nd deck and I like the architecture. As far as the fans I have no issues. Actually thought it was cool that San Antonio went from 8 Rangers hats (all owned by gang members) to following the Rangers in the local bars when I was out on the town in the 2010 playoffs. Normally I'd have to ask them to put the game on. San Antonio is not the best example for a Rangers hotbed but the Cowboys own that city so the rangers have always had an in there if they wanted one. I'm going in a few weeks, will be curious to see if there is a Rangers buzz. I'm hoping there will be. :thumbup:

Page 5 (that's right, page 5) of the 2010 Texas Rangers thread has your answer.
So for those two games, in the middle of the week against an 81-81 Detroit team they had 24,452 (Tuesday) and 34,964 (Wednesday), both Texas victories. School is already in session, so maybe that has something to do with attendance. I do find it interesting that there was 43,500 average for Saturday and Sunday games on both sides of that week. (I included both weekends because one was against NYY) Meanwhile in the hotbed of baseball Detroit you could only get 27,000 and 25,000 to come out and see the Tigers, on a Saturday and Sunday. Hell, one of those was a Verlander start.Your jokes about attendance at Ranger games, and how fair weather the fanbase is is just stupid and asinine.

Last edited by a moderator:
DrD. takes any opportunity available to swipe at D/FW fanbase/attendance. It's sort of what he's known for.

So for those two games, in the middle of the week against an 81-81 Detroit team they had 24,452 (Tuesday) and 34,964 (Wednesday), both Texas victories. School is already in session, so maybe that has something to do with attendance. I do find it interesting that there was 43,500 average for Saturday and Sunday games on both sides of that week. (I included both weekends because one was against NYY) Meanwhile in the hotbed of baseball Detroit you could only get 27,000 and 25,000 to come out and see the Tigers, on a Saturday and Sunday. Hell, one of those was a Verlander start.

Your jokes about attendance at Ranger games, and how fair weather the fanbase is is just stupid and asinine.
Tigers were in a pennant race that year? Do you want to look at Texas attendence numbers in 2009 when they weren't in the mix? Did you think of that before making your ridiculous statement? I bet you didn't. How about overall attendance in 2010? Shall we look?

12 Detroit 81 2,461,237 30,385 75.7 79 29,700 67.1 160 30,047 71.216 Texas 81 2,505,171 30,928 63.0 81 26,566 61.0 162 28,747 62.0 Yikes!

Dallas metroplex: 6.5 million people

Detroit metro: 5.1 million people

Ballpark at Arlington Capacity: 49.2k

Comerica park Capacity: 45k

Let's take a sampling from August at teams in a pennant race in 2010 and 2011.

Rangers 2010

124 124 Monday, Aug 23 boxscore TEX MIN W 4 0 70-54 1 up 8.5 Harden Blackburn 2:40 N 22,757 ++125 125 Tuesday, Aug 24 boxscore TEX MIN W 4 3 71-54 1 up 8.5 Oliver Pavano Feliz 2:25 N 20,107 +++126 126 Wednesday, Aug 25 boxscore TEX MIN W 4 3 72-54 1 up 8.5 Wilson Duensing Harrison 3:02 N 29,926 ++++127 127 Thursday, Aug 26 boxscore TEX MIN L 4 6 72-55 1 up 8.5 Liriano Lee Capps 3:01 N 24,738 -128 128 Friday, Aug 27 boxscore TEX OAK W 7 3 73-55 1 up 9.5 Hunter Anderson 2:50 N 34,962 +129 129 Saturday, Aug 28 boxscore TEX OAK L 0 5 73-56 1 up 8.5 Braden Harden 2:28 N 47,411 -130 130 Sunday, Aug 29 boxscore TEX OAK L 2 8 73-57 1 up 7.5 Gonzalez Lewis 2:46 D 37,188 --Tigers 2011
Code:
121 	121 	Monday, Aug 15 	boxscore 	DET 		MIN 	L 	6 	9 		64-57 	1 	up 2.0 	Liriano 	Porcello 	Nathan 	2:49 	N 	36,211 	--122 	122 	Tuesday, Aug 16 	boxscore 	DET 		MIN 	W 	7 	1 		65-57 	1 	up 3.0 	Verlander 	Blackburn 		2:52 	N 	40,589 	+123 	123 	Wednesday, Aug 17 	boxscore 	DET 		MIN 	L 	5 	6 		65-58 	1 	up 2.0 	Capps 	Valverde 	Nathan 	3:30 	N 	34,835 	-124 	124 	Friday, Aug 19 	boxscore 	DET 		CLE 	W 	4 	1 		66-58 	1 	up 2.5 	Scherzer 	Tomlin 	Valverde 	2:41 	N 	44,222 	+125 	125 	Saturday, Aug 20 	boxscore 	DET 		CLE 	W 	10 	1 		67-58 	1 	up 3.5 	Fister 	Huff 		2:42 	N 	44,629 	++126 	126 	Sunday, Aug 21 	boxscore 	DET 		CLE 	W 	8 	7 		68-58 	1 	up 4.5 	Coke 	Jimenez 	Valverde 	3:45 	D 	43,388
Rangers 2011
Code:
129 	129 	Monday, Aug 22 	boxscore 	TEX 		BOS 	W 	4 	0 		74-55 	1 	up 4.5 	Wilson 	Bedard 		3:10 	N 	33,920 	+130 	130 	Tuesday, Aug 23 	boxscore 	TEX 		BOS 	L 	5 	11 		74-56 	1 	up 3.5 	Lackey 	Lewis 		3:07 	N 	25,705 	-131 	131 	Wednesday, Aug 24 	boxscore 	TEX 		BOS 	L 	2 	13 		74-57 	1 	up 2.5 	Beckett 	Harrison 		3:22 	N 	30,724 	--132 	132 	Thursday, Aug 25 	boxscore 	TEX 		BOS 	L 	0 	6 		74-58 	1 	up 2.0 	Miller 	Ogando 		2:47 	N 	29,729 	---133 	133 	Friday, Aug 26 	boxscore 	TEX 		LAA 	W 	11 	7 		75-58 	1 	up 3.0 	Holland 	Haren 		3:12 	N 	38,256 	+134 	134 	Saturday, Aug 27 	boxscore 	TEX 		LAA 	L 	4 	8 		75-59 	1 	up 2.0 	Santana 	Wilson 	Takahashi 	3:05 	N 	48,453 	-135 	135 	Sunday, Aug 28 	boxscore 	TEX 		LAA 	W 	9 	5 		76-59 	1 	up 3.0 	Oliver 	Weaver 		3:09 	N 	40,018 	+136 	136 	Tuesday, Aug 30 	boxscore 	TEX 		TBR 	W 	2 	0 		77-59 	1 	up 3.5 	Feldman 	Hellickson 	Feliz 	2:54 	N 	23,069 	++137 	137 	Wednesday, Aug 31 	boxscore 	TEX 		TBR 	L 	1 	4 		77-60 	1 	up 3.5 	Shields 	Ogando 		2:39 	N 	28,034 	-138 	138 	Thursday, Sep 1 	boxscore 	TEX 		TBR 	W 	7 	2 		78-60 	1 	up 3.5 	Wilson 	Niemann 		3:03 	N 	26,220 	+
By the numbers Detroit and Texas are almost dead even this year in percentage of capacity. So looking at all those numbers and this year's numbers it looks to me that most people in the metroplex just figured out there was a baseball team down there in 2010, and only on the weekend.
I will not get pulled offsides in the All Star thread.

Fare thee well Bogart. :bye:

The stadium is great, I think it's underrated when people have conversations about it. It does have two HUGE drawbacks though. It's ####### hot as #### in July and August and the location just blows IMO, I wish it was in Fort Worth which is by far my favorite city in Texas. I understand that Arlington is a happy medium between Dallas and Fort Worth but I think they'd do better in the down years if it was in Fort Worth, because the town would have ownership. When they are good like now Dallas folk will still make the trip, especially on the weekends. But i like the kids activities, I love the view along the foul pole in RF looking under the 2nd deck and I like the architecture. As far as the fans I have no issues. Actually thought it was cool that San Antonio went from 8 Rangers hats (all owned by gang members) to following the Rangers in the local bars when I was out on the town in the 2010 playoffs. Normally I'd have to ask them to put the game on. San Antonio is not the best example for a Rangers hotbed but the Cowboys own that city so the rangers have always had an in there if they wanted one. I'm going in a few weeks, will be curious to see if there is a Rangers buzz. I'm hoping there will be. :thumbup:
I agree with all of this. Love the ballpark but don't make it out all that often because it's in Arlington and because it's hot as balls.As far as buzz goes, it's at an all-time high in the ballpark and in the metroplex in general. Tons of people walking around in Ranger shirts these days. Seem to have overtaken (at least temporarily) even the Cowboys. I don't know what it will be like in San Antonio though... would have to ask my GB Buck Bradcanon.

Well you've shown that you are quite possibly the dumbest poster in the baseball forum.
LOL you say this to everybody. Look up curmudgeon in the dictionary and theres a picture of you in the definition.
Are you angry ctdumb passed you Jeff Kent lover?
Hey man, if it makes you feel better about yourself to call everyone idiots, you can put me ahead of the list for all I care :thumbup:
I think you do that well without any help from me GB. :thumbup:

The stadium is great, I think it's underrated when people have conversations about it. It does have two HUGE drawbacks though. It's ####### hot as #### in July and August and the location just blows IMO, I wish it was in Fort Worth which is by far my favorite city in Texas. I understand that Arlington is a happy medium between Dallas and Fort Worth but I think they'd do better in the down years if it was in Fort Worth, because the town would have ownership. When they are good like now Dallas folk will still make the trip, especially on the weekends. But i like the kids activities, I love the view along the foul pole in RF looking under the 2nd deck and I like the architecture. As far as the fans I have no issues. Actually thought it was cool that San Antonio went from 8 Rangers hats (all owned by gang members) to following the Rangers in the local bars when I was out on the town in the 2010 playoffs. Normally I'd have to ask them to put the game on. San Antonio is not the best example for a Rangers hotbed but the Cowboys own that city so the rangers have always had an in there if they wanted one. I'm going in a few weeks, will be curious to see if there is a Rangers buzz. I'm hoping there will be. :thumbup:
I agree with all of this. Love the ballpark but don't make it out all that often because it's in Arlington and because it's hot as balls.As far as buzz goes, it's at an all-time high in the ballpark and in the metroplex in general. Tons of people walking around in Ranger shirts these days. Seem to have overtaken (at least temporarily) even the Cowboys. I don't know what it will be like in San Antonio though... would have to ask my GB Buck Bradcanon.
One thing that people overlook even as far back as 2007 is Southlake/Keller. Those areas were goat pastures not too long ago. Now they are booming centers of cougars and white guys with disposable income. McKinney is a solid 45 minutes more EACH WAY than Southlake.

'culdeus said:
DrD. takes any opportunity available to swipe at D/FW fanbase/attendance. It's sort of what he's known for.
I was being over-sensitive; it's all fun and games.ETA - I couldn't stay away. I like the folks and talk too much. Cheers.

June 25th American League update

FIRST BASE

Prince Fielder, Tigers: 2,825,532

Paul Konerko, White Sox: 2,261,388

Mark Teixeira, Yankees: 1,863,873

Mitch Moreland, Rangers: 1,711,659

Albert Pujols, Angels: 1,429,154

SECOND BASE

Robinson Cano, Yankees: 3,559,290

Ian Kinsler, Rangers: 3,462,367

Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox: 1,666,282

Jason Kipnis, Indians: 852,325

Robert Andino, Orioles: 714,560

THIRD BASE

Adrian Beltre, Rangers: 3,073,541

Miguel Cabrera, Tigers: 2,692,047

Alex Rodriguez, Yankees: 1,748,534

Evan Longoria, Rays: 1,688,509

Mike Moustakas, Royals: 968,068

SHORTSTOP

Derek Jeter, Yankees: 4,407,982

Elvis Andrus, Rangers: 2,764,888

J.J. Hardy, Orioles: 1,331,927

Asdrubal Cabrera, Indians: 1,063,137

Alcides Escobar, Royals: 880,111

CATCHER

Mike Napoli, Rangers: 3,008,228

Joe Mauer, Twins: 1,772,228

Matt Wieters, Orioles: 1,623,459

A.J. Pierzynski, White Sox: 1,416,594

Russell Martin, Yankees: 1,156,820

DESIGNATED HITTER

David Ortiz, Red Sox: 3,128,711

Michael Young, Rangers: 2,564,572

Adam Dunn, White Sox: 1,436,643

Raul Ibañez, Yankees: 1,429,894

Billy Butler, Royals: 1,105,870

OUTFIELD

Josh Hamilton, Rangers: 7,310,824

Curtis Granderson, Yankees: 3,812,339

Jose Bautista, Blue Jays: 2,773,442

Nelson Cruz, Rangers: 2,681,019

Adam Jones, Orioles: 2,633,259

David Murphy, Rangers: 1,738,805

Nick Swisher, Yankees: 1,529,349

Austin Jackson, Tigers: 1,212,881

Jeff Francoeur, Royals: 1,183,817

Brett Gardner, Yankees: 1,031,382

Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners: 1,015,482

Alex Gordon, Royals: 901,595

Nick Markakis, Orioles: 888,183

B.J. Upton, Rays: 881,785

Jacoby Ellsbury, Red Sox: 775,261

Article

June 26th National League update

FIRST BASE

Joey Votto, Reds: 4,475,180

Lance Berkman, Cardinals: 1,516,737

Freddie Freeman, Braves: 1,462,586

Brandon Belt, Giants: 1,291,982

Ryan Howard, Phillies: 873,526

SECOND BASE

Dan Uggla, Braves: 2,641,361

Brandon Phillips, Reds: 1,870,966

Jose Altuve, Astros: 1,479,652

Rickie Weeks, Brewers: 1,202,051

Omar Infante, Marlins: 1,093,119

SHORTSTOP

Rafael Furcal, Cardinals: 2,323,486

Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies: 2,064,021

Starlin Castro, Cubs: 1,395,820

Jimmy Rollins, Phillies: 1,332,848

Brandon Crawford, Giants: 1,298,704

THIRD BASE

David Wright, Mets: 2,687,818

Pablo Sandoval, Giants: 2,223,269

David Freese, Cardinals: 2,064,351

Chipper Jones, Braves: 1,958,447

Placido Polanco, Phillies: 1,236,757

CATCHER

Buster Posey, Giants: 3,335,982

Yadier Molina, Cardinals: 3,119,530

Carlos Ruiz, Phillies: 2,448,942

Brian McCann, Braves: 1,860,130

Jonathan Lucroy, Brewers: 1,216,744

OUTFIELD

Matt Kemp, Dodgers: 4,118,524

Carlos Beltran, Cardinals: 3,717,483

Ryan Braun, Brewers: 3,168,617

Melky Cabrera, Giants: 3,045,884

Andre Ethier, Dodgers: 1,948,973

Matt Holliday, Cardinals: 1,880,342

Andrew McCutchen, Pirates: 1,685,543

Angel Pagan, Giants: 1,613,948

Hunter Pence, Phillies: 1,610,283

Michael Bourn, Braves: 1,553,285

Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies: 1,506,613

Shane Victorino, Phillies: 1,365,023

Jason Heyward, Braves: 1,322,217

Jay Bruce, Reds: 1,195,031

Martin Prado, Braves: 1,142,946

Article

June 26th National League update

FIRST BASE

Joey Votto, Reds: 4,475,180

Lance Berkman, Cardinals: 1,516,737

Freddie Freeman, Braves: 1,462,586

Brandon Belt, Giants: 1,291,982

Ryan Howard, Phillies: 873,526

SECOND BASE

Dan Uggla, Braves: 2,641,361

Brandon Phillips, Reds: 1,870,966

Jose Altuve, Astros: 1,479,652

Rickie Weeks, Brewers: 1,202,051

Omar Infante, Marlins: 1,093,119

SHORTSTOP

Rafael Furcal, Cardinals: 2,323,486

Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies: 2,064,021

Starlin Castro, Cubs: 1,395,820

Jimmy Rollins, Phillies: 1,332,848

Brandon Crawford, Giants: 1,298,704

THIRD BASE

David Wright, Mets: 2,687,818

Pablo Sandoval, Giants: 2,223,269

David Freese, Cardinals: 2,064,351

Chipper Jones, Braves: 1,958,447

Placido Polanco, Phillies: 1,236,757

CATCHER

Buster Posey, Giants: 3,335,982

Yadier Molina, Cardinals: 3,119,530

Carlos Ruiz, Phillies: 2,448,942

Brian McCann, Braves: 1,860,130

Jonathan Lucroy, Brewers: 1,216,744

OUTFIELD

Matt Kemp, Dodgers: 4,118,524

Carlos Beltran, Cardinals: 3,717,483

Ryan Braun, Brewers: 3,168,617

Melky Cabrera, Giants: 3,045,884

Andre Ethier, Dodgers: 1,948,973

Matt Holliday, Cardinals: 1,880,342

Andrew McCutchen, Pirates: 1,685,543

Angel Pagan, Giants: 1,613,948

Hunter Pence, Phillies: 1,610,283

Michael Bourn, Braves: 1,553,285

Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies: 1,506,613

Shane Victorino, Phillies: 1,365,023

Jason Heyward, Braves: 1,322,217

Jay Bruce, Reds: 1,195,031

Martin Prado, Braves: 1,142,946

Article
Ryan Howard 5th among first basemen............. :rolleyes:

DESIGNATED HITTERDavid Ortiz, Red Sox: 3,128,711 Michael Young, Rangers: 2,564,572 Adam Dunn, White Sox: 1,436,643 Raul Ibañez, Yankees: 1,429,894 Billy Butler, Royals: 1,105,870
I guess 21 HR, an OPS of .934 and second in WAR isn't enough to get a few votes these days. What a joke.

Just curious, how is the Jose Canseco Twitter write-in vote going for the A.L. DH going? Absolutely shocking he isn't in the top 5...sarcasm

Pumped in a few votes to keep Cano on top today.

And don't worry cliffy, voted double E on the same ballot. Very worthy. Also voted Trumbo as much as I'd like to have given Cabrera the "F Texas" vote.

Not worse than Cueto. Following up a 2.31 ERA season with a 2.26 so far in the biggest HR park in baseball.

Hardly a mystery though. The LaRussa hate runs deep from the brawl.

It's hard to imagine him being any more dominant than he's been, but I just hope it fuels him in the 2nd half.

'DesertDawg said:
'Wrigley said:
What a joke
+1I'm no Mets fan but Wright being a reserve for Panda is ridiculous
:goodposting: And Dunn over Edwin is a ####### travesty.
I like EE and think he should make it over him, but its far from a "travesty". Apart from BA, the numbers are pretty similar and Dunn has been a catalyst on a first place team. The travesty is not putting him on the final vote selection. Do we really need another pitcher on there? I know that's a tilted table for Yu Darvish anyway, but EE merits consideration there.I also think Reddick should have went over Ryan Cook as the A's representative.

Final Vote update...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120701&content_id=34260938&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Braves third baseman Chipper Jones is in position for a sendoff All-Star Game in his final Major League season, and Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish is on pace to be pitching for his own manager, Ron Washington, next week in Kansas City.

Jones and Darvish are the two leaders by slim margins in the 2012 All-Star Game MLB.com Final Vote Sponsored by Firestone (#FinalVote), as of the 42-hour mark on Tuesday, not quite halfway through the 98-hour process to determine a 34th roster spot for the National and American League teams in the 83rd All-Star Game on July 10.

Fans picked up where they left off after breaking records across the board during balloting for the elected starters, casting a record-smashing 19.1 million online votes for the 10 candidates. That mark was 13.6 percent higher than last year through 42 hours.

With more than two days of online voting remaining until balloting closes at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, both races are wide open as nine of the 10 candidates already have surpassed one million votes.

Jones is followed in the NL ballot standings by Cardinals third baseman David Freese, Nationals right fielder Bryce Harper, D-backs second baseman Aaron Hill and Braves center fielder Michael Bourn.

Darvish leads a quintet of AL right-handers and is followed by Jake Peavy of the White Sox, Jason Hammel of the Orioles, Ernesto Frieri of the Angels and Jonathan Broxton of the Royals.

'DesertDawg said:
'Wrigley said:
What a joke
I like EE and think he should make it over him, but its far from a "travesty". Apart from BA, the numbers are pretty similar and Dunn has been a catalyst on a first place team.
They aren't similar. EE is better than him in pretty much every single category. Even forgetting about advanced stats, the guy is hitting .210!!! He should be nowhere near an all-star game.

'DesertDawg said:
'Wrigley said:
What a joke
I like EE and think he should make it over him, but its far from a "travesty". Apart from BA, the numbers are pretty similar and Dunn has been a catalyst on a first place team.
They aren't similar. EE is better than him in pretty much every single category. Even forgetting about advanced stats, the guy is hitting .210!!! He should be nowhere near an all-star game.
Dunn is beating him in K's (on pace for over 260 :shock: )

Good stuff heating up between Baker and Larussa over Cueto snub.
Dusty gets a lot of criticism about his frequently inexplicable lineup and tactical decision but it's stuff like this that has helped him reach the top 20 in all-time manager wins. He's always been a players' manager and his standing up publicly for his guys (even if it makes him look like a tool) inspires loyalty in the clubhouse.

'DesertDawg said:
'Wrigley said:
What a joke
As of tonight...Stats: EE / Dunnavg .291 .210oba .375 .359HR 22 24RBI 55 58runs 50 44SLG .569 .507More homers, more RBI, these numbers still carry weight, and he's 3rd and 4th in the league respectively in those categories. Dunn's numbers mean more based on their place in the standings.

'DesertDawg said:
'Wrigley said:
What a joke
As of tonight...Stats: EE / Dunnavg .291 .210oba .375 .359HR 22 24RBI 55 58runs 50 44SLG .569 .507More homers, more RBI, these numbers still carry weight, and he's 3rd and 4th in the league respectively in those categories. Dunn's numbers mean more based on their place in the standings.
OPS .944/.866WAR 2.5/1.4wRC 23/15.1wOBA .402/.370wRC+ 156/131And going into tonight Chicago has 2 more wins than Toronto. Toronto plays in the best division while Chicago plays in one of the worst. It isn't close.

Users who are viewing this thread