What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AMA with The Ox. You asked, he answered. (1 Viewer)

Just donated but didn't seem to show up on the total, is there a small delay there? I just want to make sure it went through.

Just donated but didn't seem to show up on the total, is there a small delay there? I just want to make sure it went through.
No idea, I've never used the platform before, so I'm not entirely sure how it works - I can't see anything you're not seeing.  Thanks so much for donating, GB.

Thanks for bumping, guys - I appreciate all your efforts, donations, and well wishes. 

Regardless of whether or not there are any more donations, I was trying to think of a way the Ox could thank you guys.  He's not a message board guy, but perhaps an AMA?  If anyone has any interest, send me some questions I can e-mail to him and I'll post his responses.
By "send me" questions, I just mean post them here.  I'll compile and e-mail them to him tomorrow (or Monday, if it takes a while to get questions together.)

I had someone almost back into me at a fast food drive thru tonight.  I honked several times and got a polite "sorry about that" wave.  When it was my turn to pay, I was informed that the person that almost backed into me paid for my meal.  I asked who it was (small town, but I didn't recognized the vehicle and couldn't see their face from behind when they waved).  This guy is a BIG fella.

I took that as a sign and made a small donation to pay it forward.

Best wishes to the whole family.  :thumbup:  
Thanks so much, GB.

I tend to agree that it was a sign, as the Ox is a big fella too. 6' 5", 295# *ding*

Not a lot, but hope it helps. A small pittance in comparison to the joy that you have provided to us with your storytime thread over the years. **** cancer.

Not a lot, but hope it helps. A small pittance in comparison to the joy that you have provided to us with your storytime thread over the years. **** cancer.
Thanks a lot man, truly appreciated. If you've got a question for the Ox, either related to one of those stories, or any question in general - fire away. I want to get at least 5-10 before I send them to him. 

By "send me" questions, I just mean post them here.  I'll compile and e-mail them to him tomorrow (or Monday, if it takes a while to get questions together.)
1.  So....what was with the Wolverine?

2.  Does Barry still frost his tips?

3. Inner Room(1 or 2, your choice) or Lido Cabaret?

How loud the boombox was when you got kicked out of the hotel. Describe it, was it you had PITA neighbors loud, or we blew the speakers out and started a mad dash to the door and blocked each other trying to get out before the police showed up loud?

Questions have been sent to the Ox (except Junior Gong's that he sent to me via PM, that one was too fraught with peril - :lol:)  He answered back and said they are at the doctor now, but he'd get to them after lunch.  And then added : "What's with the Adam's apple question?  I don't remember hooking up with a guy.  I didn't hook up with a guy, did I?"  :lmao:

5-ish Finkle said:
1.  So....what was with the Wolverine?

2.  Does Barry still frost his tips?

3. Inner Room(1 or 2, your choice) or Lido Cabaret?
I edited out question 2, he doesn't know Barry very well.  Barry was Yams' grad school buddy, during the time that I hung out with Barry all the time here in FL, the Ox was living in NJ with a newborn.  A few months after Ox moved down here, Barry went to Arkansas for his residency and then married a girl and moved with her to NC, where they still reside.  As a result Ox and Barry's paths didn't cross much - they've probably only hung out once or twice, most recently at my wedding 10 years ago.  Yams would be the guy for Barry questions.

Questions have been sent to the Ox (except Junior Gong's that he sent to me via PM, that one was too fraught with peril - :lol:)  He answered back and said they are at the doctor now, but he'd get to them after lunch.  And then added : "What's with the Adam's apple question?  I don't remember hooking up with a guy.  I didn't hook up with a guy, did I?"  :lmao:
"A guy?  No, not a guy."

Question for Ox: "If you had to compare your brother to one famous gay man in history, who would it be?"

:lol:

Back before his marriage and the balding and weight gain that accompanied his 30s, the Ox was a straight-up Texas Poontappa.  He was lean, mean, handsome and charming and had LOADS of opportunities.  Combine that with his utter lack of physical standards for potential mates and he plowed through oceans of trim.  Combine THAT with the fact that he was loaded out of his gourd 6-7 nights a week and it would be more probable that he hooked up with a tranny than just about anyone else I have ever known.  Maybe Faz would be above him on that list, but I think the Ox would be a solid 2nd place.  Plus, Faz is dead, so the Ox I suppose moves to #1 by default.

Run it like the school fund raising where people pledge money per lap that a 1st-grader runs.

I pledge $1 per white castle burger eaten by either competitor.
I would never presume to speak for the Mighty Shuke, but I'd be willing to bet I could talk the Ox into it.  He loves to eat.  It would probably be a couple of weeks before I could organize and shoot it, but I'm going to bring it up to him when the time is right.

I would never presume to speak for the Mighty Shuke, but I'd be willing to bet I could talk the Ox into it.  He loves to eat.  It would probably be a couple of weeks before I could organize and shoot it, but I'm going to bring it up to him when the time is right.
Meaning over beer?

On video, while consuming blue drank in front of a real life Leprechaun inside a lesser-but-still-band-and-beer-pong-friendly O'Sheas.

Users who are viewing this thread