What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AMA with The Ox. You asked, he answered. (1 Viewer)

On video, while consuming blue drank in front of a real life Leprechaun inside a lesser-but-still-band-and-beer-pong-friendly O'Sheas.
I went in there last year when I was in Vegas, it was my first time in LV since the mid-aughts.  It was a rollicking good time, but seemed too sanitized.  Much nicer place than original recipe O'Shea's but lacked something indefinable.

In, but @ $20k. Make the people work for it.
You guys are too kind.  I couldn't possibly go along with this and sleep at night.  Your luscious locks should remain right where they are.

Now, making the Ox eat a slew of White Castles?  That sits well with me.  He wouldn't exactly dread it.  I just wish you could get them fresh down here, all we have is the frozen version.  And Krystal, but that's not the same.

I went in there last year when I was in Vegas, it was my first time in LV since the mid-aughts.  It was a rollicking good time, but seemed too sanitized.  Much nicer place than original recipe O'Shea's but lacked something indefinable.
Personality

Personality goes a long way.  

You guys are too kind.  I couldn't possibly go along with this and sleep at night.  Your luscious locks should remain right where they are.

Now, making the Ox eat a slew of White Castles?  That sits well with me.  He wouldn't exactly dread it.  I just wish you could get them fresh down here, all we have is the frozen version.  And Krystal, but that's not the same.
He can shave my head.

Answers likely coming Monday now.  He told me he'd do it tonight so I could post tomorrow, but I told him to take his time and give the best answers possible as I'd rather post them Monday AM anyway - I'll be offline most of the weekend.

Does Ox still have your wool overcoat?
:lmao:

No, I got that back the same night. 

I left that same coat in a bar in Amsterdam with my frigging wallet and passport in it. Didn't realize it was gone until the next day, at which point I was peaking on Philosopher's Stones. You haven't lived until you've felt the panic of losing a $1000 garment with over $1000 in cash and all your identification in it in a foreign country while tripping. Had to retrace all our steps from the night before, which was a drunken blur, while tripping. Fun. Luckily, some beautiful soul turned it in and neither he/she nor the bar employees touched anything. Everything in my pockets was still there. Bless those people. 

I still have the coat, not many opportunities to wear it in a state where it almost never drops below 50-60 degrees.

What's your best or favorite story about EG?

One of my favorite EG stories is when he ate in some dude's face. We were watching football at a packed bar once in the nineties and it was shoulder to shoulder by the free buffet. EG had muscled his way up to the buffet and had made a plate of food for himself. One of the items he grabbed was a big piece of a six foot sub. As EG was pushing his way back towards our table through the throng of people trying to get up to the buffet, he was momentarily sandwiched in between three guys and stopped in his tracks. Not wanting to wait to get back to the table to eat, EG picked up his sandwich and took a demon sized bite while his mouth was no more than six inches from some dudes face and then continued to push through the crowd of his way back to the table. 

I mention this one because I doubt he ever has - it's not so much a story as just a moment in time.  I don't know how funny it reads, but when it happened, I almost passed out from laughing.  This was probably 25 years ago and I still remember it, if that tells you something.

Either that or when we both waited tables one summer when EG was in college.  After a particularly rough night,w e were on lunch shift together the next day.  As we walked up to the restaurant, EG taps me on the shoulder and just says :"Ox, check this out.." and projectile vomits.  It was like a fountain arcing from his mouth to the bushes outside the restaurant.  He never broke stride, walked into the place, punched in, and started working.  It was magical.

How did you like Black Giant Penis?

I don't personally care for Black Giant Penis. The image that the song title conjures up is too disturbing for me. The song, however, is genius. I'm not sure if it's of the caliber of "For Whom Michelle Tolls," "Sloppy Troll BJ," or "Dance Fight at Club Weeman," but it's good. They all are. 

Did you notice the Adam’s apple before or after you hooked up with that one “gal”?

Hahahaha. I don't know to whom you are referring here, but I assure you that The Ox only hooked up with the tastiest of babes. Well, not always, but beer was in play on those nights. Alright, fine. I've hooked up with some big ladies, but hey, who hasn't? 

So....what was with the Wolverine?

That's actually a bear. The house we rented in the Great Smoky Mountains is named "Loaded For Bear."  Ironically, it was after I got loaded at a Moonshine distillery tour that I brought the bear into the hot tub with us and, I think, ruined it.  That was a Santa hat on it, that picture was taken a few days after last Christmas.

Inner Room or Lido Cabaret?

Inner Room. Or Bare Assets in Melbourne. It's been so long though. I need to better prioritize my spare time. Thanks for the reminder.

(2 hours later)

I'm at Inner Room now.... kamikaze shots are only a dollar for the next fifteen minutes and Khrystal is coming up on the main stage. 

How loud the boombox was when you got kicked out of the hotel. Describe it, was it you had PITA neighbors loud, or we blew the speakers out and started a mad dash to the door and blocked each other trying to get out before the police showed up loud?

Are they talking about the infamous Key West hotel video? I wasn't there for that particular occasion, but I will regale you with a similar story. My wedding night.... the reception.... EG, Yams, Beef and some others went outside in the parking lot to do God knows what. They were so GD loud (including breaking beer bottles everywhere) that the hotel manager went out there and punted them back inside, and flagged them. EG was smart and was giving members of my wife's family money to get him drinks from the bar and ultimately they forgot that he was one of the guys that got flagged and they started serving him again.  Despite advising Beef to do the same, Beef kept going to the bar and demanding drinks, cementing his face in the bartenders' memories.  He was shut down for the rest of the night.

I've heard of getting tossed out of a bar, hell, I've been there myself, but never being kicked IN!  My wife was thrilled.

Best Ox imminent dump story. Poop always puts butts in the seats.....

I can recall one instance back in the nineties where I had cut school with a group of my friends and we were drinking beer on the jetty in Asbury Park, NJ. I had eaten a lot of breakfast, so as to put a base down before I started drinking and I realized, while standing in a group of chicks in bikinis that I had to dump..... right then. I made it seem like I had to piss and climbed down off the rocks, squeezing my sphincter tight the whole way. I crabwalked into the Atlantic Ocean and once I was waist deep, I unloaded into my bathing suit. There was no time to pull it down. Luckily, it was a firm log and I was able to pull the back side of my shorts over to deposit it into the ocean. Gross as hell, but none of the girls ever knew. I'm pretty sure I still scored that night. 

Finally, tell all these guys thanks so much for helping out by donating, spreading the word, etc.  That's a good group of friends you have over there and my family and I appreciate it so much.  Maybe Yams and I will even stop making fun of you behind your back for playing something called "Werewolf."  On second thought, no, we'll still make fun of that.

(Editor's note : I don't even know how they know about WW.  I must have talked about it one night when hammered and don't remember it.  But they do, evidently.)

Inner Room. Or Bare Assets in Melbourne. It's been so long though. I need to better prioritize my spare time. Thanks for the reminder.

(2 hours later)

I'm at Inner Room now.... kamikaze shots are only a dollar for the next fifteen minutes and Khrystal is coming up on the main stage. 
I am going to have to check those out next time I'm on the east coast fishin

Best Ox imminent dump story. Poop always puts butts in the seats.....

I can recall one instance back in the nineties where I had cut school with a group of my friends and we were drinking beer on the jetty in Asbury Park, NJ. I had eaten a lot of breakfast, so as to put a base down before I started drinking and I realized, while standing in a group of chicks in bikinis that I had to dump..... right then. I made it seem like I had to piss and climbed down off the rocks, squeezing my sphincter tight the whole way. I crabwalked into the Atlantic Ocean and once I was waist deep, I unloaded into my bathing suit. There was no time to pull it down. Luckily, it was a firm log and I was able to pull the back side of my shorts over to deposit it into the ocean. Gross as hell, but none of the girls ever knew. I'm pretty sure I still scored that night. 
:lmao:   :lmao:  

(2 hours later)

Tootsie's in Satellite is calling for the Ox next! (If it's still there)

I lived less than 500 feet (literally) from the Inner Room for 2 1/2 years, never set foot inside the place once.
You probably missed out.  Not necessarily in the way you may think, but I heard and saw some weird/crazy ish there back in the early aughts.  Became good friends with a lady who was a former bartender there and had remained tight with ownership.  She and her husband(also a friend) would hang out at the bar there frequently, so a few of us would get in without cover to drink when we'd meet up with them(and actually get full strength cocktails. Bonus).  Got to hear a ton of "shop talk"....to say nothing of getting a front row seat to the only time in my life that I ever have, and likely ever will, see someone smash a bottle on a table to use it as a shiv like they were in some horrible movie. :)

Tootsie's in Satellite is calling for the Ox next! (If it's still there)

You probably missed out.  Not necessarily in the way you may think, but I heard and saw some weird/crazy ish there back in the early aughts.  Became good friends with a lady who was a former bartender there and had remained tight with ownership.  She and her husband(also a friend) would hang out at the bar there frequently, so a few of us would get in without cover to drink when we'd meet up with them(and actually get full strength cocktails. Bonus).  Got to hear a ton of "shop talk"....to say nothing of getting a front row seat to the only time in my life that I ever have, and likely ever will, see someone smash a bottle on a table to use it as a shiv like they were in some horrible movie. :)
This is the Inner Room just off A1A in Cocoa Beach?  Holy ####...

You usually would find me at Casablanca, Hunkerdown, Big Lick's, Johnathan's, etc.  I've always been way more of a dive bar guy than a strip club guy.

Things are looking up.  All your donations and efforts to spread the word have been an ENORMOUS help.  Thank you all so much.
Well of course, you and Ox are family.  Yams on the other hand .... well he's like a Mormon knocking on your door when your team is about to score the knockout blow against their rival.

This is the Inner Room just off A1A in Cocoa Beach?  Holy ####...

You usually would find me at Casablanca, Hunkerdown, Big Lick's, Johnathan's, etc.  I've always been way more of a dive bar guy than a strip club guy.
Actually, the bottle thing was at Inner Room II on the island.  Same ownership. (Hi, Momma Toi! :) )  Still not sure what my buddy Hal said/did to that chick to make her want to stick him like a pig.

I spent more than a couple nights at Jonathan's.  Graham's too (had one of the weirdest conversations ever at Graham's about "slut shaming" before that was actually a thing with a one-armed broad that was playing pool).

Actually, the bottle thing was at Inner Room II on the island.  Same ownership. (Hi, Momma Toi! :) )  Still not sure what my buddy Hal said/did to that chick to make her want to stick him like a pig.

I spent more than a couple nights at Jonathan's.  Graham's too (had one of the weirdest conversations ever at Graham's about "slut shaming" before that was actually a thing with a one-armed broad that was playing pool).
Graham's is a place I always enjoyed visiting, but I lived further south (about 100' from Coconuts) so that was a drive.  With so many places within walking distance, driving up to Graham's wasn't typically on the agenda.  Johnathan's, on the other hand, was (and still is sometimes) a stand-by.  That place makes the best screwdriver/greyhound/salty dog I have ever had, plus the "World's Worst Sandwiches" always come in handy when it's the 6th stop on a 12 bar crawl.  Cheap AF to get hammered there too.

Users who are viewing this thread