What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amy's Baking Company: Must-See Meltdown (1 Viewer)

wow, this is crazy. You see how much crazy sells these days? You guys are all going to their eatery primarily because these people are complete tools. Best decision ever for them to go on that show.
Initially yes, but the place was pretty dead when we were there. A couple families and some people coming in for dessert. We checked it out for the craziness but if we go back it'll be for the food. I think that would be the case for most people that come in. If craziness gets people in the door but the food makes them regular customers, good for them.

Just made it back from Amy's. I came away impressed with the food. I had the meatball pizza and it tasted pretty good. It was just as good as Oregano's which is a local pizza place that has a pretty good following. My friend had the Blu Cheese burger (same as Ramsey) and he said it was good. The fries and desert were fantastic. They must have made some significant changes since the show aired because I came away impressed.

We talked to Amy right as we came in and she came across as pretty friendly. We went in the late afternoon on a Sunday, so the place was pretty dead. Sammy was out talking to the customers most of the time and was great. He even took a picture with us. But you could tell that he was a control freak. He would belittle and micro-manage the staff most of the time. He even got mad at one of the staff members because he went and opened a door for a customer. I think the exact words were "You don't need to open the door. They can open the door. They're smart enough to work a door."

We didn't see Amy after we initially came in but all the customers seemed to be happy with their food. We were hoping to see a circus but ended up with a pretty good meal. I actually came away feeling bad for them because they have to try and run a business knowing that at least half the people coming in the door are looking to see a scene or to cause trouble, I know I was. I'll probably go back next time I'm in the area.
I hope you didn't leave a tip.

Just made it back from Amy's. I came away impressed with the food. I had the meatball pizza and it tasted pretty good. It was just as good as Oregano's which is a local pizza place that has a pretty good following. My friend had the Blu Cheese burger (same as Ramsey) and he said it was good. The fries and desert were fantastic. They must have made some significant changes since the show aired because I came away impressed.

We talked to Amy right as we came in and she came across as pretty friendly. We went in the late afternoon on a Sunday, so the place was pretty dead. Sammy was out talking to the customers most of the time and was great. He even took a picture with us. But you could tell that he was a control freak. He would belittle and micro-manage the staff most of the time. He even got mad at one of the staff members because he went and opened a door for a customer. I think the exact words were "You don't need to open the door. They can open the door. They're smart enough to work a door."

We didn't see Amy after we initially came in but all the customers seemed to be happy with their food. We were hoping to see a circus but ended up with a pretty good meal. I actually came away feeling bad for them because they have to try and run a business knowing that at least half the people coming in the door are looking to see a scene or to cause trouble, I know I was. I'll probably go back next time I'm in the area.
This kind of reads like a Willie Neslon post.

I hope you didn't leave a tip.

I'm stunned that people would spend a dime in a place where the owner steals tips from it's employees.

One of the waitresses said that Amy could be nice and then a total whacko when things didn't go smooth. I am guessing that she was pleasant because the place was dead and that the crazy Amy comes out when it gets busy and they are in the weeds.

Sammy sounds like he is a jerk all of the time. As others have said I sure hope you didn't leave a tip.

One of the waitresses said that Amy could be nice and then a total whacko when things didn't go smooth. I am guessing that she was pleasant because the place was dead and that the crazy Amy comes out when it gets busy and they are in the weeds.

Sammy sounds like he is a jerk all of the time. As others have said I sure hope you didn't leave a tip.
I checked with two of the staff members before leaving a tip. They said that they now split the tips although that could just be what they're told to say. I did tip but I left it in cash and made sure to give it directly to a staff member and not leave it for Sammy. The other employees were allowed to use to the POS system now, so some common sense did come from the show.

There was another interesting encounter while I was there. A group of maybe 5 kids came in with some paperwork and talked to Sammy for a few minutes before leaving. I'd guess it was someone trying to get a release to film in there but got turned down.

I'd expect them to sign on to do a reality show soon because I don't see them staying in business much longer without it.

How much would you pay to watch a reality show featuring Aaron Hernandez and Amy sharing a prison cell 23 hours a day?

I thought Ramsey & crew were going back to give these two a second chance. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they basically just allowed them to continue to self destruct.

My daughter and I were in Phoenix last weekend to visit family. At the urging of my gf (who wasnt with us), we had to go to Amy's to see the crazy.

We showed up about 10 minutes early from their opening time, high noon.

So we waited. Noon comes, still closed, 12:10 the same. About then, we hear voices from around the corner. Two of Amy's employees are waiting too. They tell us they will be open any time now, and that they are waiting for the owners to arrive.

@ 12:25, Sami and Amy quickly descend upon the front doors, with bags of stuff. They begin talking heatedly with their 2 employees. One of them apparently is a brand-new employee (her very first day), so the owners turn on the charm as best they can, shaking her hand and welcoming her.

Amy waves at my daughter and I, and Sami approaches us with apologies about the late opening. He said something like , 'We were up til 4am, and that we live so far from the restaurant.'

We find a seat at the front with a clear view of the front door (anticipating potential drama out front). Sami makes a beeline over to us, handing us menus while making some small talk. My daughter orders a beer and me a soda. She hands him her ID (she's a very young-looking 23).

As we're checking out the menu, Sami brings over our drinks. He hands my daughter her ID and my soda, while I get the beer. LOL.

I order the 'meat the ball' pizza, my daughter some sort of salad. Upon ordering the pizza, Sami yells out towards the kitchen 'pizza will be ready in 6 minutes!'

I make the comment that Sami is a dead ringer for a white-haired Boris Karloff.

No sign of Amy since the doors were unlocked.

We get our food in right about 6 minutes. Everything looks appetizing. Sami tells us to 'Enjoy!'.

Pizza's not terrible; the crust is very thin and undoubtedly formerly frozen. Daughter says the salad is 'ok' though 'unremarkable.'

As we're eating, I see a crowd outside the front door. What looks to be a mom and 4-5 kids (middle-school ages). There's a multiplex theater not 50 feet from the front door so probably just got out of a movie. They begin taking pictures of them in front of the ABC's door.

Sami sees this, and flies towards the front door.

'Uhoh, here it comes' I'm thinking. The mom and kids begin to scoot away from the door as Sami pushes the door open.

Sami says in a loud voice 'Come on in, Come on in. I don't eat people.'

The crowd keeps on moving into the parking lot as Sami repeats himself.

I'm firmly convinced that if it had been a dad instead of a mom, things would have been different.

We're about done with our meal; Sami brought us a generic pizza box for about half of the pizza.

Daughter and I decide to split a dessert: chocolate-covered chocolate cake sort of thing.

After all, Ramsay said it was the only good thing that they made (or resold as we now know).

Was very good. I told Sami to compliment Amy on the dessert because I know that's her specialty. He said he would indeed.

As we prepared to leave, Sami came up to us. I don't know why exactly, but I shook his hand and said, 'Thanks Sami'. He said 'Thank-you, _____ !'

The end.

PS the bill was $36 + tip. Gave Sami a $10 tip. Was always a fan of Karloff.

Last edited by a moderator:
As we prepared to leave, Sami came up to us and thanked us for coming. I don't know why exactly, but I shook his hand and said, 'Thanks Sami'. He said 'Thank-you, _____ !'
He cursed at you? I can only imagine how to fill in that blank, and none of the possibilities are polite at all.

As we prepared to leave, Sami came up to us and thanked us for coming. I don't know why exactly, but I shook his hand and said, 'Thanks Sami'. He said 'Thank-you, _____ !'
He cursed at you? I can only imagine how to fill in that blank, and none of the possibilities are polite at all.
LOL..

He used my first name.

I wouldn't put it past him though.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL..

He used my first name.

I wouldn't put it past him though.
I have to say that I honestly thought he used a curse when you wrote this. You coulda put identikit in there we woulda gotten the gist :)

The original way was better though.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread