What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 4 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Here's the draft order for League 4"

1. Diesel Posse Die Roll: 998

2. Hoosier Daddies 993

3. Four Horsemen 858

4. EBF 776

5. Eagles2007 752

6. Sleeper 43 722

7. Netnalp 716

8. Bri 628

9. Eggy's Booze Hounds 396

10. Browncos 347

11. Blue-Kun 342

12. Jimmy B 282

13. Jeter23 264

14. Vick in a Box 132

15. Brewzers 99

16. Lowen1 94

LINK TO LEAGUE WEB SITE

I will turn the draft on but the timer off for now.

Since all you guys are new . . . PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES. There are many unusual rules in this league INCLUDING set roster configurations. You CANNOT draft a player that does not fit one of the appropriate roster spots. For example, you CANNOT draft 3 Team QBs.

All the rules are in the league by law section of the web site. I encourage people to look at how the Anarchy leagues played out in 2006. You can search for the links in the MFL FIND A LEAGUE section on the top tool bar. If you enter ANARCHY under the league name it will bring up the 4 leagues from last season.

You should have been emailed a link to the site and a password. If you didn't get anything there's a problem and let me know.

David Yudkin said:
Lowen1 said:
Nothin like picking from the back of the bus.
You can win from anywhere in this type of format.
;) If you can draft this is true and that is why I got into this league because I think that is one of my strengthens in FF. But some of the rules are different then normal FF so you have to do some thinking when drafting, I don't think VBD or DD will help average drafters that much.

Tough decision at 1.04. I knew I wanted a RB, but there was a big glut of 4-5 guys who would've been sensible picks there. Ultimately, Henry seemed like a safe investment with a good chance to have a big season.

David Yudkin said:
Lowen1 said:
Nothin like picking from the back of the bus.
You can win from anywhere in this type of format.
:goodposting: If you can draft this is true and that is why I got into this league because I think that is one of my strengthens in FF. But some of the rules are different then normal FF so you have to do some thinking when drafting, I don't think VBD or DD will help average drafters that much.
:goodposting:

Might matter, might not type thing-I'll be predrafting often.

I'll check in at some point midday but if I post a time please consider that a rough guess and not a time cast in stone. IE today, it's really me hoping to break away from work for a little while around noon it could be 12:30 or 11:30 or whenever I can get a moment.

Again though, trying to predraft and not have this come up.

top 100 performers for last year are a bit wacky.

It'll be interesting to hear what people had for a "gameplan" after the draft

:popcorn:

"Tough decision at 1.04. I knew I wanted a RB, but there was a big glut of 4-5 guys who would've been sensible picks there. Ultimately, Henry seemed like a safe investment with a good chance to have a big season."

EBF - very interesting pick. Looks like you are a lot higher on Travis Henry then most. I assume your pick reflects this league format, but I'm curious how you project him in a redraft league - typical FBG scoring.

If you want to wait until after this draft to answer, that is cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
top 100 performers for last year are a bit wacky.It'll be interesting to hear what people had for a "gameplan" after the draft
I am just winging it don't really know how to put any kind of cheetsheet together for this league.

Lowen1 said:
:X"Tough decision at 1.04. I knew I wanted a RB, but there was a big glut of 4-5 guys who would've been sensible picks there. Ultimately, Henry seemed like a safe investment with a good chance to have a big season."EBF - very interesting pick. Looks like you are a lot higher on Travis Henry then most. I assume your pick reflects this league format, but I'm curious how you project him in a redraft league - typical FBG scoring.If you want to wait until after this draft to answer, that is cool.
I don't do projections. I just draft guys who I think will have a good season. Henry is a talented player in a good position to succeed. I expect him to have a solid year with the potential for elite numbers. There were 4-6 backs on the board who would've been reasonable picks at 1.04. Henry struck my fancy at that particular moment, so I went with him.

Packers4ever said:
top 100 performers for last year are a bit wacky.It'll be interesting to hear what people had for a "gameplan" after the draft
I am just winging it don't really know how to put any kind of cheetsheet together for this league.
too bad there wasn't a site with a program that would do that for you :goodposting:

If Eagles doesn't pick this morning I will pick for him and see if he shows up for his second pick, if not we'll replace him.

If Eagles doesn't pick this morning I will pick for him and see if he shows up for his second pick, if not we'll replace him.
David, according to a Fantasy Experts Top 200 List I recently saw, I suggest these picks for Eagles:2 RB Clinton Portis Was/4 Read the news - he's completely healthy 7 RB Edgerrin James Ari/8 New coach will give him 450 carries 9 RB Adrian Peterson Min/5 A rookie RB always finishes high I think any of these guys would be a good pick for Eagles in this slot. :shrug:

I picked for Eagles and Jimmy B. If they don't show up by tomorrow I'll replace them.

I set all teams to receive updates for all draft picks so everyone will know what's going on with the draft.

Predrafting wouldn't be so hard if you guys would stick to ADP :thumbup:

Alright guys, maybe you can help me out with something. I'm the Browncos, and have the 2.07 pick this round.

From the league website:

- 4 hour pick limit. Timer shut off from Midnight to 8 AM Eastern time. Predraft if you suspect you will not be around for your pick. Participants that miss a pick can email a replacement pick to the commissioner (Anarchy) at any time. If someone misses more than one pick, commissioner will make a pick.
Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments2.01 17. HellFire Johnson, Chad CIN WR Mon Aug 6 5:09:50 p.m. ET 2007 2.02 18. Brewzers Johnson, Rudi CIN RB Mon Aug 6 5:15:16 p.m. ET 20072.03 19. Vick in a Box Benson, Cedric CHI RB Mon Aug 6 6:43:01 p.m. ET 20072.04 20. Bucketheads Wayne, Reggie IND WR Mon Aug 6 6:43:01 p.m. ET 2007 2.05 21. Jimmy B Timer Expired Mon Aug 6 10:45:04 p.m. ET 2007 2.06 22. Blue-Kun Heap, Todd BAL TE Mon Aug 6 10:45:04 p.m. ET 2007 2.07 23. Browncos Timer Expired Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 Timer Expired2.08 24. Eggy's Booze Hounds Smith, Steve CAR WR Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.09 25. Bri Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.10 26. Torn Tendons Portis, Clinton WAS RB Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.11 27. Sleeper 43 Owens, Terrell DAL WR Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.12 28. Eagles2007 Timer Expired Tue Aug 7 7:00:03 a.m. ET 2007 2.13 29. EBF McAllister, Deuce NOS RB Tue Aug 7 7:00:03 a.m. ET 2007 2.14 30. Four Horsemen Holt, Torry STL WR Tue Aug 7 7:00:03 a.m. ET 2007So, who can explain why the timer expired on me while the timer was shut off?Shouldn't I have until 10:45 am ET to make my pick?

Shouldn't I also have the ability to pick any of the players who came after me?

Sorry for the relative delay on my picks guys, but it appears as though the draft rules aren't set up the same way as they're explained on the league website. Is there any way we can resolve this situation?

Alright guys, maybe you can help me out with something. I'm the Browncos, and have the 2.07 pick this round.

From the league website:

- 4 hour pick limit. Timer shut off from Midnight to 8 AM Eastern time. Predraft if you suspect you will not be around for your pick. Participants that miss a pick can email a replacement pick to the commissioner (Anarchy) at any time. If someone misses more than one pick, commissioner will make a pick.
Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments2.01 17. HellFire Johnson, Chad CIN WR Mon Aug 6 5:09:50 p.m. ET 2007 2.02 18. Brewzers Johnson, Rudi CIN RB Mon Aug 6 5:15:16 p.m. ET 20072.03 19. Vick in a Box Benson, Cedric CHI RB Mon Aug 6 6:43:01 p.m. ET 20072.04 20. Bucketheads Wayne, Reggie IND WR Mon Aug 6 6:43:01 p.m. ET 2007 2.05 21. Jimmy B Timer Expired Mon Aug 6 10:45:04 p.m. ET 2007 2.06 22. Blue-Kun Heap, Todd BAL TE Mon Aug 6 10:45:04 p.m. ET 2007 2.07 23. Browncos Timer Expired Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 Timer Expired2.08 24. Eggy's Booze Hounds Smith, Steve CAR WR Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.09 25. Bri Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.10 26. Torn Tendons Portis, Clinton WAS RB Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.11 27. Sleeper 43 Owens, Terrell DAL WR Tue Aug 7 2:49:02 a.m. ET 2007 2.12 28. Eagles2007 Timer Expired Tue Aug 7 7:00:03 a.m. ET 2007 2.13 29. EBF McAllister, Deuce NOS RB Tue Aug 7 7:00:03 a.m. ET 2007 2.14 30. Four Horsemen Holt, Torry STL WR Tue Aug 7 7:00:03 a.m. ET 2007So, who can explain why the timer expired on me while the timer was shut off?Shouldn't I have until 10:45 am ET to make my pick?

Sorry for the relative delay on my picks guys, but it appears as though the draft rules aren't set up the same way as they're explained on the league website. Is there any way we can resolve this situation?
David said in an earlier post something like - if you are on the clock before midnight, the time starts and will expire after 4 hours. The key is if the timer starts before midnight - you are on the clock. The timer doesn't freeze at midnight and restart at 8am with whatever time is left.If you predraft, you won't have this problem.

From the league website:

David said in an earlier post something like - if you are on the clock before midnight, the time starts and will expire after 4 hours. The key is if the timer starts before midnight - you are on the clock. The timer doesn't freeze at midnight and restart at 8am with whatever time is left.If you predraft, you won't have this problem.
Link? There's nothing about that in this thread.

The timer is not working properly. It's been changing the settings on its own. Teams should not count against the clock overnight but the system is still counting that time. I again tried to set the timer to be off over night, but as I said it was resetting itself to be on all day and all night. I'll keep my eye on it to see if it changes again.

BusMan - I gave you Tony Gonzalez which whether you realize it or not is one of the best picks in this format.

The timer is not working properly. It's been changing the settings on its own. Teams should not count against the clock overnight but the system is still counting that time. I again tried to set the timer to be off over night, but as I said it was resetting itself to be on all day and all night. I'll keep my eye on it to see if it changes again.BusMan - I gave you Tony Gonzalez which whether you realize it or not is one of the best picks in this format.
Thanks, David. I'll be more on top of my picks going forward. Tony G. is great in my book. :loco:

The timer is not working properly. It's been changing the settings on its own. Teams should not count against the clock overnight but the system is still counting that time. I again tried to set the timer to be off over night, but as I said it was resetting itself to be on all day and all night. I'll keep my eye on it to see if it changes again.

BusMan - I gave you Tony Gonzalez which whether you realize it or not is one of the best picks in this format.
Sounds like anarchy!

I don't think Eagles2007 has even been to the site; he doesn't show up on the owner activity report, but all other teams do. Every pick of his has times out, if I see things right.

His 1st rounder was at 4 something Monday afternoon, 7+ hours after the previous pick.... not sure if he made that pick himself, since, again, he isn't on the owner activity report...

Gonna PM David.

We moved pretty well yesterday.

Boy are there alot of us with next to no time making picks due to predrafts. Thanks to those that are predrafting.

I'm off to work, I predrafted 2 rounds but feel like these are some key ones so I'm not gonna do anymore predrafts til I see how some of it shakes out. I'll be home in the evening and it shouldn't matter unless there's a run. I doubt it but if so, sorry in advance for the delay

Lott said:
I don't think Eagles2007 has even been to the site; he doesn't show up on the owner activity report, but all other teams do. Every pick of his has times out, if I see things right.His 1st rounder was at 4 something Monday afternoon, 7+ hours after the previous pick.... not sure if he made that pick himself, since, again, he isn't on the owner activity report... Gonna PM David.
I believe if he's one of those that doesn't like to allow cookies on his computer this will happen. IF so it doesn't truly mean he hasn't been there but that he didn't accept a cookie from the site. Might be better to see if he's been on the board

Eagles2007 has been missing in action since we started and I have drafted for him all along. At this point just assume that Eagles2007 = Yudkin.

1.10 10. Browncos Maroney, Laurence NEP RB If the shoulder taint broke, I'll get a solid 20 weeks out of this guy.2.07 23. Browncos Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Timer Expired Replacement pick made by Commissioner3.10 42. Browncos Walker, Javon DEN WR Should be a stud in this extended format.4.07 55. Browncos Johnson, Andre HOU WR Clearly not an option in Weeks 18 though 21, but I think the Schaub to AJ connection is going to outproduce last year's results.5.10 74. Browncos Barber, Marion DAL RB Should be solid in this format.
I like the looks of my squad so far. Outside of Gonzalez (who is a stud in the TE 2ppr format) and AJ, I should have three high-quality playoff contenders already on board.

Users who are viewing this thread