What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 4 (1 Viewer)

QB - JetsQB - BrownsRB - Travis HenryRB - Deuce McAllisterRB - Ahman GreenRB - LenDale WhiteWR - Hines WardWR - Deion BranchWR - Ronald CurryWR - Amani ToomerWR - Bobby EngramTE - Heath MillerTE - Marcedes LewisFLEX - Alex Smith (TE)PK - Nate KaedingPK - Ryan LongwellDEF - BrownsDEF - Lions
:thumbup:
Where's your 2nd rd pick?
Deuce
Ouch.
Scoreboard.
Scoreboard is smaller than it could have been?

QB - JetsQB - BrownsRB - Travis HenryRB - Deuce McAllisterRB - Ahman GreenRB - LenDale WhiteWR - Hines WardWR - Deion BranchWR - Ronald CurryWR - Amani ToomerWR - Bobby EngramTE - Heath MillerTE - Marcedes LewisFLEX - Alex Smith (TE)PK - Nate KaedingPK - Ryan LongwellDEF - BrownsDEF - Lions
:goodposting:
Deuce
Ouch.
Scoreboard.
Deuce was a RB1 in this format last year. He'll be good for me this season.

:unsure:
Deuce
Ouch.
Scoreboard.
Deuce was a RB1 in this format last year. He'll be good for me this season.
:mellow:"Sometimes you eat the bar..."Losing Deuce pretty much kills my title hopes. Too bad. I drafted a good team. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bills, Buffalo BUF TMQB

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

Davenport, Najeh PIT RB

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB

Morris, Maurice SEA RB

Gabriel, Doug FA WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Jackson, Darrell SFO WR

Jones, Matt JAC WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Baker, Chris NYJ TE

Campbell, Daniel DET TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Akers, David PHI PK

Wilkins, Jeff STL PK

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def

My team stinks.

Back to the drawing board for next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, being 703 points down means I probably don't have much of a chance to win this thing.

This was the first time I've been in a league like this - usually I play in fairly simple redraft leagues. I learned a few things some of which will help me if I'm asked back next year:

1. make sure to understand the rules (I thought I did, but my scores don't indicate that).

2. make sure to understand the scoring system (I thought I did, but my scores don't indicate that).

3. picking at the turn is not fun in a 16 team league - there is a very long wait between picks and sometimes you have to reach for players that may not have most value at that particular pick.

4. Big Blue has the best avatar (at least on the MFL draft page).

5. Since the league runs through the Superbowl, I gave some thought to players that might be on playoff teams, but maybe not enough - since in addition to playing more games, these players are probably better than those on some bad teams.

6. Don't take a flyer on players that you know will miss half the seaon or more. Although Eggy picked up Chris Henry from Cinci and is in 3rd place, only 261 points behind Yudkin - so maybe this isn't all that bad.

7. These leagues would probably be more fun with more trash talking - but since my team sucked, I didn't have a lot to say. It would be fun to have some back and forth among the participants. But since this is the first post in this thread since September, I guess most people stopped following their team, or just don't post in here.

David Yudkin - thanks for organizing this. I promise I'll do better next year. If you have any tips that you want to share, that would be great.

I got ruined in this league. Heap was hurt most of the year and my picks for team QB were incredibly streaky. WR's did me in though, Harrison got hurt and nobody except Stallworth and Battle played up to expectations. Atrocious effort from me.

David Yudkin - thanks for organizing this. I promise I'll do better next year. If you have any tips that you want to share, that would be great.
Since you asked . . .In all leagues, learn to adjust to the scoring system and look to exploit it. As an example, I was in a league that actually let you start 3 TEs and gave 2 PPR to TE. People laughed at me when I carried 5 tight ends all year. I basically had LT and a bunch of TEs, but week to week that was way more than enough to win.Guys that play are worth more than guys that might not ever play but could do something if they ever get a chance. Also known as half a loaf is better than none.Guys that are injury prone can KILL you. In one of these league I pinned my hopes on Todd Heap (who had an injury history) and a couple other guys that were not exactly Brett Favre in playing each week.Shooting for guys from playoff teams as a reason to take them earlier than expected probably won't help any. Teams like the Ravens, Bears, and Saints were supposed to make deep playoff runs. That didn't happen. The Giants were supposed to miss the playoffs and contend for last place in their division. That didn't happen either.Leagues like this require a deeper knowledge base than most smaller redraft leagues. Sure, people will know the Braylon Edwards and Torry Holts of the world . . . but what about the David Pattens, Andre Davises, and Kevin Walters of the league that could get you decent scoring after 100 WRS have already been drafted?Unlike other leagues, I don't really think draft position plays a major role in determining the outcome. In the 4 leagues this year, the winners drafted from the 16, 10, 4, and 5 spots in the draft. Sure, any team that gets the offensive player of the year in any given year has a chance, but it still takes a roster of contributors to win.In reality, the teams that will do best are the ones that have the fewest injuries, get decent scoring from latter round picks, and get a few bonus points from guys that were in the playoffs. IIRC, I got Joey Galloway, Kevin Curtis, and Patrick Crayton pretty late (like rounds 8-12). That's 3 Top 30 receivers which in a league like this is crucial to winning.

Users who are viewing this thread