What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andy Reid put Koy Detmer in to screw Dallas (1 Viewer)

Urinal Mint

Footballguy
Why else would you pull McMahon (who wasn't having a bad game) late in the game and replace him with a guy that hasn't played all year? Andy Reid knew what was at stake and decided to help out Joe Gibbs rather than Jerry Jones.OK, I'm going to take my tin foil hat off now.

McMahon was also trying to screw Dallas but the brutal INT and the fumble in the red zone were too obvious so Reid put Detmer in there to make it look less obvious.

I was at the game sitting behind the Eagles bench. Detmer was stretching and taking snaps on the sideline the entire game. It got comical at times, but looking back, it was as if he knew he was going to get in at some point. The Eagle's fans actually cheered pretty loud for him, so at least they backed the decision. He was awful. Cowboys shouldn't have been swept by the Redskins so they wouldn't have been in that situation yesterday.

Cowboys gave away to many games for them to deserve a playoff spot. Getting beat by the Skins twice, especially the 2nd time, killed them. Depending on the Eagles to win was a situation I think no Cowboy fan should find themselves in.

Cowboys gave away to many games for them to deserve a playoff spot. Getting beat by the Skins twice, especially the 2nd time, killed them.

Depending on the Eagles to win was a situation I think no Cowboy fan should find themselves in.
:goodposting:

Teams that have to rely on other teams winning or losing to make the playoffs in December or January have no one to blame but themselves. You have all season to control your own destiny. And given the pathetic effort Dallas put forth last night, they didn't deserve to make the playoffs.

Dallas didn't deserve to get in, agreed... I just thought everything felt a bit fishy with regards to throwing Detmer to the wolves in the 4th quarter.

Maybe Koy is retiring? Who knows.
I'm pretty sure he won't be back with the team. I think that's why Reid put him in - he's been with the eagles for 9 years. There was talk in a local paper that Reid should have just started him as a sign of respect (and since the crowd would chant for him anyway) for the time he's put in.Personally, there's no reason he should be the eagles #2. I know he's a great holder, but if your #1 gets hurt - the #2 guy should be able to fill in. Koy's been terrible for years. He had one good game against the Niners on Monday Night.

I'm still waiting on a Detroit fan to come in here and start ROTFL at the idea that pulling Mike McMahon is a poor coaching decision.

Dallas didn't deserve to get in, agreed... I just thought everything felt a bit fishy with regards to throwing Detmer to the wolves in the 4th quarter.
Are you saying that the Eagles definitely would have won that game had McMahon stayed behind center? I think after McMahon's INT to Marshall, the writing was on the wall at that point. Reid saw McMahon as being "rattled" and was trying to spark the team with a change...I mean, it's not like Reid benched Joe Montana or anything. :D M

could care less about the skins or the boys BUT...If your conspiracy theory has any truth, Andy Reid did the Cowboys a favor by keeping them out. They would gotten embarrased by any one of the NFC playoff teams. The Skins on the other hand have been playing well recently (at least better than the Boys) and had 3 or 4 heartbreak losses. They are clearly the better team and deserve to be in the playoffs over the boys

Users who are viewing this thread