What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Commish(OFFICIALLY) has gone Awol (1 Viewer)

I've said it earlier....TRex is a good guy and did the right thing by starting this thread. While things may have gotten heated between him and MOP - it doesn't change the fact that Rex hasn't tried to slander Wahoos - imo.Lets keep this thread focused on the issue at hand and on the fact that Wahoos leagues have some serious problems at the moment and a commissioner who is MIA.
Good Guy....I haven't seen respect for MOP or myself. Not very gentlemanly at all.
I'll buy you all a round of beers to bury the hatchet... if I ever get my winnings of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is not a hell hot enough for a comish that steals from his league.
:goodposting:
anyone calling for anything other than swift severe retribution is a Nancy.I pray there is a god, so that slimey comishes will be punished for eternity.
You do understand, that while stealing $300 of someone's money is bad, there are worse things in this world, right?There's a huge lack of perspective in here, and it's driving people to do some crazy stuff. Did someone really threaten legal action against a company over this?Jesus.Look. You sent hundreds of dollars to a stranger on the internet. You knew the inherent risks. Some of this is on you. Yes, the guy is a slimeball (assuming he's really trying to steal here). However, it's not the end of the world, and if you react like it is, really bad unintended consequences are going to happen.Don't be that guy.

Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
;)
anyone calling for anything other than swift severe retribution is a Nancy.

I pray there is a god, so that slimey comishes will be punished for eternity.
You do understand, that while stealing $300 of someone's money is bad, there are worse things in this world, right?There's a huge lack of perspective in here, and it's driving people to do some crazy stuff. Did someone really threaten legal action against a company over this?

Jesus.

Look. You sent hundreds of dollars to a stranger on the internet. You knew the inherent risks. Some of this is on you. Yes, the guy is a slimeball (assuming he's really trying to steal here). However, it's not the end of the world, and if you react like it is, really bad unintended consequences are going to happen.

Don't be that guy.
;) :excited: :pics: I understand the principal of it. I understand it drives people nuts. I understand it really well. I've been left hanging a few times in business. One time to the tune of 8k. It really, really ruined my month. I've done work for people, and then have them not pay the balance owed. It happens.

But you know what? That's part of business. I accept that. Really, that's part of life.

The level of anger I have seen, combined with the ease of "internet vengence", makes these kinds of things a little scary.

Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
:confused:
anyone calling for anything other than swift severe retribution is a Nancy.I pray there is a god, so that slimey comishes will be punished for eternity.
You do understand, that while stealing $300 of someone's money is bad, there are worse things in this world, right?There's a huge lack of perspective in here, and it's driving people to do some crazy stuff. Did someone really threaten legal action against a company over this?Jesus.Look. You sent hundreds of dollars to a stranger on the internet. You knew the inherent risks. Some of this is on you. Yes, the guy is a slimeball (assuming he's really trying to steal here). However, it's not the end of the world, and if you react like it is, really bad unintended consequences are going to happen.Don't be that guy.
IT goes beyond the moneyThere is a brotherhood, a fraternity of fantasy football players, and these slimeballs are violating its sacred trust. Where is the honor? This is about one man using the sport we all love to screw 9-15 other men, and not in the good way. $5 or $5000 when you and I lock wits in fantasy combat there should be an unbreakable code that in the end those who win get their due and those who lose try harder the next season.It is the essence of sports, and while fantasy sports involve no real athleticism, it should be their essence too.I weep for the men of our nation if this sort of action is seen as anything other than utterly reprehensible, regardless of the scale of the offense.

cbatm32 said:
There's a good way for a man to screw 9-15 other men? :unsure:
If you are a commish who has screwed ppl over and still owes them $, why are you still posting in this kind of threads :confused:

Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
:confused:
IT goes beyond the moneyThere is a brotherhood, a fraternity of fantasy football players, and these slimeballs are violating its sacred trust. Where is the honor? This is about one man using the sport we all love to screw 9-15 other men, and not in the good way. $5 or $5000 when you and I lock wits in fantasy combat there should be an unbreakable code that in the end those who win get their due and those who lose try harder the next season.It is the essence of sports, and while fantasy sports involve no real athleticism, it should be their essence too.I weep for the men of our nation if this sort of action is seen as anything other than utterly reprehensible, regardless of the scale of the offense.
This is the very definition of lack of perspective.

Guys,

Please if your not in Franks league's don't post here. I created this to get in touch with other owners osed money. I am not looking for a random opinion from someone on the internet.

I am asking please let this stick on topic.

cbatm32 said:
How long (few years?) has the replacing owners/fixed trades been going on?
about 2 and a half years... ever since my father died and frank took over leagues this has been going on

Guys,Please if your not in Franks league's don't post here. I created this to get in touch with other owners osed money. I am not looking for a random opinion from someone on the internet.I am asking please let this stick on topic.
Then you shouldn't have posted this in a public forum.There's a very real danger here given the overblown sentiment of you and others in this thread. I (and others) have just as much right to comment on that as you do about the money owed to you.I don't want something crazy to happen, based on what took place in the other thread. Sorry, but I'm not leaving (even if you send me the f-word over a PM).

Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
Shtaym Syek said:
Road Dogg said:
:shrug:
good post road dogg.... beautifully said... respect and honor... you shouldn't have to worry about if the commish is gonna give u winnings thats crap....

Guys,Please if your not in Franks league's don't post here. I created this to get in touch with other owners osed money. I am not looking for a random opinion from someone on the internet.I am asking please let this stick on topic.
Yeah, when i don't want random internet opinions I usually take it to the webI feel bad you got screwed and all, but come on guy

Then you shouldn't have posted this in a public forum.There's a very real danger here given the overblown sentiment of you and others in this thread. I (and others) have just as much right to comment on that as you do about the money owed to you.I don't want something crazy to happen, based on what took place in the other thread. Sorry, but I'm not leaving (even if you send me the f-word over a PM).
I agree with you - the level of anger and hyperbole is uncomfortable to me. I play in eight dynasty leagues, with a lot of great guys. There are 4 commissioners total. I'm co-commish in one of them. I don't know any of the commissioners personally (as in, met them in the flesh), yet I consider all 4 friends. If one of them "stole the money" / etc (unlikely), it would make me mad, but it would also make me sad to see someone I know, like, and played FF with fall down like that. I promise you, the last thing I'd do is join one of these witch hunts and call jobs, post facebook pages, make subtle calls for... well, a worse punishment. Yea, I'm all into the brotherhood of it all - if the guy messed up his life enough that he had to take the FF money, trust me, that's likely punishment enough. I doubt they are on the beach, sipping Margaritas with your money - they are probably scared to answer the phone, as every creditor in the world is probably calling. I'm pretty sure life sucks for them right about now, with or without the facebook page. Not to give anyone a free pass to steal, but I just can't get behind the scorched earth retribution over being out a hundred bucks (or whatever), even with the principal of it.

T with T said:
Wow, so T.Rex last PM back to me is this...

"Just stay the #### out of my thread ####### "

So this thread was not about anything other than to humiliate a guy as quickly as possible because he didn't answer your email immediately. Please Joe, David, the rest of the mods...can we get this garbage moved out of the Shark Pool please? He doesn't want anything to be discussed other than to humiliate and ruin a guy's reputation as quickly as possible.

I'm not defending Wahoo but also I think you yourself will not be invited into any of the FBG board leagues anytime soon. Maybe you don't care right now but there is a way to handle these things and the Shark Pool has nothing to do with your situation. You didn't join this league because of an advertisement in the Shark Pool. What you really want is a complaint department or clerk to scream at so you are picking me today.

Nice job friendo
mop...dont put his pm's in here, we dont need to know. thats why it is a pm.

this is crazy we have a real concern with about 15 leagues that seem to be getting hijacked and we have clowns like ministry running his mouth??? who invited u to post on the subject.. you know all you guys that think he is just hurt or maybe missing and thats why he isn't paying dont know what the heck your talking about.... i have seen the guy kick out owners and replace them with funny names and make trades right away to the betterment of one side... we dont need this board filled up with mockery artists and clowns who want to call me and my friends liars or make us out to be some tyrants or oooh what if hes hurt..... oooh ... I would not wish anyone bad but this is not the point and some of you are clearly missing what we are trying to get resolved not just ruin a guys reputation... None of us wanted to do this we Like Frank and obviously trusted him to send him Hundreds of dollars dipshi*.... get outta here this is just urking me.....
MOP is making valid points.It's the internet...who invited you...childish.

Well you are calling him a liar....so someone is lying and someone isn't.

It doesn't sound like you like Frank to me.

T with T said:
A couple things

1. Being a Commish is tough. I Commish a few leagues including a dyansty league with sevral regular FBG posters and I can tell you the pressure to do right is intense.

2. The season has just ended and I have played in leagues where the checks didn't go out until the Super Bowl. A lot of times right after the FF season is over, owners like to relax and focus on the NFL playoffs. It sounds like people were wanting their checks right after Philly was done with that Tuesday night game. Christmas and New Years just passed. You all are doing permanent damage to the leagues meaning if he pops up in the next week and cuts the checks I'm not sure these leagues can continue.

Is the money that much? I feel like whoever the $500 winner was has already spent the money and needs it immediately. Technically the money should go out shortly after the season ends. I also think anytime the checks go out in January is fine. I have a league where I am waiting for roughly a few hundred bucks to come back to me...but I know the commish well and I'm sure I'll see that check in the next couple weeks. Not a big deal.

What if he had emailed back and said he wouldn't be sending the checks out until mid to late January? You probably would have been mad about that too.

Not defending Frank but I have competed with him and I never saw anything that would lead me to believe he was working this place for the last 3-4 years for the "big score". And others said his teams are set up to compete for the next many years. Traded duds for studs, sounds like he is a great owner. I think this thread should have waited at least another week...and I bet he does answer you all back soon and you are going to look foolish.
1. Hearing you say this must install great confidence in you.2. No one started contacting him until 10 days after.

3.That is VERY presumptuous of you and rather insulting. The money is very secondary as I will be willing to spend 5 times the amount owed to me based on principal to see this thing resolved. Again not accusing as I said "Possibly" Awol.

4.Had he emailed back there would be no thread to discuss this thing. Again where do you get off saying how I would feel or any other owner for that matter.

Not trying to get in a pissing match here but I feel your way out of line. I have emailed him several times and called his phone now. A simple reply is all I am asking for.
I feel that YOU are way out of line. You don't know if a guy is in a hospital....yet make this thread....have his REAL name posted....and have the audacity to get in a fight in a thread because someone disagrees with you.In Mike Gundy's conference "Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me? This makes me wanna puke"
DUDE not to be a di$k but you are in 1 league with the guy your opinion doesnt matter.... im in 15 with him I think I know what Im talkin about bud....
I'm in 4 leagues with Frank.I'm in a league with you too.

Talk about getting your facts straight.

T with T said:
The fact of the matter is that Wahoos hasn't been on any of his league sites in 3 weeks. He hasn't opened waivers or expanded rosters which he has done every Jan 1st. He hasn't returned any emails or phone calls from numerous owners nor has he paid out any of the money won by his league members.I'm not here to debate Trex vs MOP or make accusations toward Wahoos or his character......I'm not even trying to speculate as to what the reasons are that Wahoos isn't around. But the bottom line is that there are obviously some serious issues taking place in all of Wahoo's leagues and hopefully we will get an answer at some point in the near future.
If all owners acted as you have up until this point in this thread, then I would have no issue.But that isn't the case. People are upset and taking it out on others, which is childish.
Give me an example of what I have said about Frank that was immature. Ive maintained the whole time he's possibly awol and have not said one negative thing about the man. Spin it any way you want but your dead wrong.
The immature things came from you "T with T"Then the hissing match with MOP.I'm not happy either...doesn't mean we have to deflect our anger onto to MOP or anyone that disagrees with us. Yet again, childish.

The moral of this thread is if you get money stolen from you don't post on the interwebs because you will become the bad guy.

T with T said:
I've been in leagues with Wahoos for 3 years, both as him the commish and not the commish. Talked to him online and he is a good guy.

I think people don't like the Commish being successful is part of this.

I had a very unsuccessful FF season....and asked Wahoos if I could get an extension(as well as other commishes who are in this thread even) on the 2011 dues. He granted that to me 2 or 3 weeks ago. Why would he do that if he is running away with the money? He said he trusts me b/c of the years we have been in leagues together. He also offered me a team b/c he had two openings b/c he knew I would pay up on that one as well before the season started. Trust goes a long ways.

Is it possible Wahoos ran away with the money? Sure

Is it possible everyone is overreacting because of these other commishes? Yes

Is it possible that something serious happened to Wahoos? Sure

We dont know what has happened. I have a problem with people posting his real name in his forum. He didn't send out a BS email. He didn't have leagues with a deposit up front mentality.
I have his cell phone number he has received messages from me.

A. His phone ring so its not dead and has been charged recently

B. Voice mail is not full

C. I have called more than once with my concerns and no call back.

Should I wait until next year to be concerned?? Did I or anyone else say this? You jump to conclusions faster than a high school girl.

Because you know him means what to me? In my limited experience you seem to be regarded in not a very good light and seem to be a person that has allot more negative then positive things that you bring to Footballguys. Haha, then what are you looking for in this thread? People in his leagues...guess what that's me. People that have talked to him recently....that's me too. People that have talked with him in the past....me. If everyone in the Shark Pool agreed....then Kareem Huggins would be in the Hall of Fame :goodposting:
oh ya when's the last time you talked to him??? a couple weeks.... I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he stated in an AIM that the leagues are gonna be tricky to keep open this year????? I responded with FRANK WHY?? what do u mean.... never heard back and it has been about 2 weeks.... yea let me know if u have heard from him this week wow u must be his best buddy cuz dont look like he has checked in to sites in over 3 weeks, FA hasn't started the first like it always does and still no payouts ?????? i guess we are all just idiots and badmouthers rex and others.... get real grow up fellas I have known frank for 5 years and seemed like a good guy..... the guy who shot all them people might have seemed like a good guy You dont know what these people will do and how they will react to sit presented... Im sick of all these people thinking we are crazy and their must be some terrible tragedy....... open your eyes People and if you are in so many leagues with Frank and dont notice some things wrong you are naive and should find a different hobby
You are all over the place. Why should we trust you if anyone could go bad? You said you knew Frank for 5 years and for everyone else to get a different hobby. Looks like you were the sucker worse than most others.

T.Rex said:
Guys,

Please if your not in Franks league's don't post here. I created this to get in touch with other owners osed money. I am not looking for a random opinion from someone on the internet.

I am asking please let this stick on topic.
Then you shouldn't have posted this in a public forum.There's a very real danger here given the overblown sentiment of you and others in this thread. I (and others) have just as much right to comment on that as you do about the money owed to you.

I don't want something crazy to happen, based on what took place in the other thread. Sorry, but I'm not leaving (even if you send me the f-word over a PM).
Okay im calling you out on this please show me where I have done this. You wont be able to because im have been nothing but respectfuul to Frank other then saying he's possibly MIA.

Your life must be so fulfilling that you need to put your 2cents in. Same goes for anyone that has posted here that has no ties to frank. Life must be real exciting for you.

I would never concern myself with other people problems let alone post in their topic.. You guys not only make me laugh but I also kinda feel sorry for how pathetic your simple life must be.
So you don't like to help others?

kidwithhelmet said:
I've said it earlier....TRex is a good guy and did the right thing by starting this thread. While things may have gotten heated between him and MOP - it doesn't change the fact that Rex hasn't tried to slander Wahoos - imo.Lets keep this thread focused on the issue at hand and on the fact that Wahoos leagues have some serious problems at the moment and a commissioner who is MIA.
Good Guy....I haven't seen respect for MOP or myself. Not very gentlemanly at all.
I'll buy you all a round of beers to bury the hatchet... if I ever get my winnings of course.
Sounds like a deal...I wish all leaguemates would act like this.

you are in four leagues with him i was in 15 case closed... you dont know the whole sit... so what if he gave u a few weeks to pay or whatever he gave u a grace period... because he took off with the money he isn't comin back wake up to reality... I am sorry you lost money in your other leagues Presidential suite but looks like u had two bad commishes... that really stinks... we can bicker and fight between us or work on a solution???? what do u wanna do man?

you are in four leagues with him i was in 15 case closed... you dont know the whole sit... so what if he gave u a few weeks to pay or whatever he gave u a grace period... because he took off with the money he isn't comin back wake up to reality... I am sorry you lost money in your other leagues Presidential suite but looks like u had two bad commishes... that really stinks... we can bicker and fight between us or work on a solution???? what do u wanna do man?
I've never been against a solution, I just don't hang people out to dry this quick on a public message board. Granted he hasn't been in contact, but I view it almost like those owners that are in such a hurry during the rookie draft in april or may...long time until football season. I hope Frank hasn't run away with the money and hope he is okay. Is there a chance he ran way with the money? Sure. Do YOU think there is a chance he is in danger?I'm not hostile.

:thumbup: Add me to the list of people owed money who participated in leagues with Wahoos. Below is the last correspondence I had with him regarding my winnings:
will get it taken care of.in process of calculating all this stuff.----- Original Message ----- From:

<xxxxxxx@yahoo.com>
To:

<xxxxxxxxx@verizon.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:09 PMSubject: Bad ### Dynasty> Frank,> > It appears that I have won the Bad ### Championship, from my winnings please> retain fees for the upcoming year for the following leagues:> > Dynasty Rehab - Rags to Riches> USA Dynasty - Easy Money> Bad ### Dynasty - Easy Money> > You can deposit the remainder into my paypal account at:

xxxxxxxxx@xxx.edu.
> Thanks for your assistance, I look forward to competing again next season.

Also in 5 leagues with Wahoos as commish. Not sure what to think yet as it only a couple of weeks from the end of the season. Right now owed 500.00. Not veering into anti Wahoo or pro wahoo.

It's nice to see people want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and well it's the holidays, could be hurt, sick, etc. But if you commish 20+ leagues and disappear at the close of the season, when you know everyone is going to be looking for their payouts, something is bad wrong and these guys absolutely should be getting together and discussing a plan of action. Who in this position doesn't return e-mails in a few days, much less disappears for over three weeks. Even if the checks start showing up tomorrow, my trust would be gone for these leagues.
I have to admit, unless he is sick or dead it's not right that he hasn't contacted his leagues with payout info by now.
No, it's fine - MOP says so and he's a commish's leagues despite the intense pressure.

The moral of this thread is if you get money stolen from you don't post on the interwebs because you will become the bad guy.
or maybe that sending a stranger 1000's of dollars when you know less info about .them than a basic credit card app would have, might not be a great idea....
Aren't you part of a league that sent $1,200 to someone you met on the internet?

he probably is... Its funny all these comedians want to come in here and blame guys for giving wahoos money when we have been for the past 3 years and everything is fine.... Oh but we should know when someone decides to just pack up and leave.... ummm ok :unsure:

he was trustworthy and paid out every year except this year.... their is risk in all this unless u use leaguesafe which seems like the way im gonna go from now on... not sending another dime to a commish that I dont know

the mere fact that this guy took over for my dead father is upsetting enough but the fact he hasn't paid out anything is disgraceful.... thats lame

it gets repetitive there is more but I think we get the point... thats just one season...

a few nice trades adding mcfadden, foster and desean for james davis, lynch, keenan burton, cedric peerman, dhb, and a 2nd....

wtf.. that was nice for building a dynasty

Serious question - why didn't you quit after he made those bogus trades?
That's essentially what I did. The leagues were always very active which is the reason I stayed around as long as I did after Tom's (T with T's father) death. This has not previously been mentioned, but when Tom died, all the winnings/fees/etc. were told to have been "lost" in Tom's PayPal account and were inaccessible. Basically, these leagues had no payouts the year Frank took over yet majority of the owners stayed around because the leagues Tom had built were so strong. Sure, as with any league, there were certainly some lopsided trades, but when Frank took over and filled the openings with owners that nobody knew who they were, I just starting getting really frustrated. To make matters worse, several of these teams wouldn't trade with others teams than Frank. Frank suggested it was because he just knew those owners more and they were more comfortable with him. I talked to Frank for years on AIM, I thought he was a high character guy. I never truly accused Frank of being two teams, I just got tired of the numerous lop-sided trades he was able to pull off in his leagues. We'd joke about them on AIM and he would claim that the other guy e-mailed him about the trade so he sent it. I asked about the validity of one of the owners, Pigskin Pirates, at one point, and was threatened via text, e-mail, etc. I decided it was better for me to leave these leagues than to stay around - best case scenario was that the commissioner made a lot of lop-sided trades - I had "friends" in these leagues that it was tough to leave, but I had admittedly joined too many dynasty leagues while I was in college and simply didn't have the time to run 25 teams once I got out of school. I left behind very good teams in many of Frank's leagues as I knew these teams would sell and I didn't feel really bad about leaving the commissioner high and dry, whoever took over these teams was in good shape for years to come.Frank did always pay out immediately following the finals, across 20 leagues, for the two years that he ran the leagues. I was pretty comfortable with the fact that if I stayed in his leagues, I would get my money and continue to win, but it was just too damn annoying to see these trades go through time and time again without anyone else in the leagues voicing much of a concern. Others were somewhat unhappy when the trades went down, but gave more of a "what can you do?" type of response. Other owners knew how I felt about the situation, namely Gridiron King, T with T, and Cowtippers, who I was in several of Frank's leagues with from the start. Hell, I referred kidwithhelmet who commented above that Frank's leagues were solid, active, and he always quickly paid out. He took over a team and won this year and is now not getting paid.

a few nice trades adding mcfadden, foster and desean for james davis, lynch, keenan burton, cedric peerman, dhb, and a 2nd....
That after Pigskin traded him Lynch and Ray Rice for Turner before. These two trades made me puke.

That after Pigskin traded him Lynch and Ray Rice for Turner before. These two trades made me puke.
yea thats pretty good evidence of something being very wrong. the fact is adding this and the fact he has been awol so far u have to come to the conclusion he just busted out.. its funny people want to question my motives and act as if I didn't trust frank.. He was a personal friend.. Although I didn't know him I thought I could trust him enough with the fact he was my dads friend and he had always paid before... good info guys

JPeso said:
Shtaym Syek said:
That's essentially what I did. The leagues were always very active which is the reason I stayed around as long as I did after Tom's (T with T's father) death. This has not previously been mentioned, but when Tom died, all the winnings/fees/etc. were told to have been "lost" in Tom's PayPal account and were inaccessible. Basically, these leagues had no payouts the year Frank took over yet majority of the owners stayed around because the leagues Tom had built were so strong. Sure, as with any league, there were certainly some lopsided trades, but when Frank took over and filled the openings with owners that nobody knew who they were, I just starting getting really frustrated. To make matters worse, several of these teams wouldn't trade with others teams than Frank. Frank suggested it was because he just knew those owners more and they were more comfortable with him. I talked to Frank for years on AIM, I thought he was a high character guy. I never truly accused Frank of being two teams, I just got tired of the numerous lop-sided trades he was able to pull off in his leagues. We'd joke about them on AIM and he would claim that the other guy e-mailed him about the trade so he sent it. I asked about the validity of one of the owners, Pigskin Pirates, at one point, and was threatened via text, e-mail, etc. I decided it was better for me to leave these leagues than to stay around - best case scenario was that the commissioner made a lot of lop-sided trades - I had "friends" in these leagues that it was tough to leave, but I had admittedly joined too many dynasty leagues while I was in college and simply didn't have the time to run 25 teams once I got out of school. I left behind very good teams in many of Frank's leagues as I knew these teams would sell and I didn't feel really bad about leaving the commissioner high and dry, whoever took over these teams was in good shape for years to come.Frank did always pay out immediately following the finals, across 20 leagues, for the two years that he ran the leagues. I was pretty comfortable with the fact that if I stayed in his leagues, I would get my money and continue to win, but it was just too damn annoying to see these trades go through time and time again without anyone else in the leagues voicing much of a concern. Others were somewhat unhappy when the trades went down, but gave more of a "what can you do?" type of response. Other owners knew how I felt about the situation, namely Gridiron King, T with T, and Cowtippers, who I was in several of Frank's leagues with from the start. Hell, I referred kidwithhelmet who commented above that Frank's leagues were solid, active, and he always quickly paid out. He took over a team and won this year and is now not getting paid.
That's fair.By the way, I am sorry you're getting screwed here. Again, my concern is a lack of perspective. This is a sucky situation regardless.

JPeso said:
Shtaym Syek said:
That's fair.By the way, I am sorry you're getting screwed here. Again, my concern is a lack of perspective. This is a sucky situation regardless.
I do understand yourself, benson, and MoP playing devil's advocate, I actually think it serves a good purpose, unfortunately there wasn't that same thing going on in the Aquil/Draggin/Kremenull thread and someone took it too far with the threat to his work, thus shutting the thread down.The OP was trying to get as many people in Frank's leagues (believe me, there are tons when you commish 20+ leagues) aware of the situation. The winners of these leagues are obviously checking the sites daily, but the other 10 or so in each league who won nothing rarely show up at this time of the year. At the time where the other thread was getting much publicity/traffic, I thought it made perfect sense for the OP to start the thread when he did. I don't think it was necessarily too much to say either (Frank's name, etc.), and from reading this thread I think things just got out of hand due to the fact that someone playing devil's advocate when the other guy is out a bunch of money is bound to make sparks fly.I hope things have calmed down here and more owners in these leagues will become aware of the situation at hand without this thread being shut down as the other one was.T with T, I know you have to be very upset with this situation for a number of reasons, but let's try to stick to gathering information and figuring out the next steps as a group instead of name-calling and getting frustrated with other posters. The last thing everyone wants would be for this thread to be shut down in it's infancy. I've known you for about five years now and know you mean well and have a good heart, but also realize these people don't know that, and your "tone" in your posts can come off harsh to someone who doesn't know you. To those in Frank's leagues that are reading this thread, I suggest starting a topic in each league (or send out a league-wide e-mail) alerting everyone of the situation. It only takes one person to do something to have this thread locked so it would be best to make everyone aware and gathering thoughts in a central location (this thread) prior to the lock.

Good post Peso.....and I know you and I discussed the "multiple team" issue on numerous occasions and you certainly made the right decision jumping out after last season. I informed Wahoos a few weeks ago thru an email that I would be leaving after the 2010 season came to a close and that he could certainly start lining up replacement owners for my teams. I never heard back from him then, and as I stated in an earlier post, all of my recent emails have also gone unanswered.

Last week I started a message board thread in each of Wahoos' leagues where I have a team so if by chance this thread gets shut down there is still a place to go to post updates. I would suggest to other owners that they follow Peso's advice and do the same in leagues where I'm not an owner and haven't started one already. I have also notified MFL about the current situation so that they are aware and can assist us should any current owners get locked out.

For me, the main point of this thread isn't to breakdown Wahoos' character or integrity or even discuss if this was premeditated. My concern is that owners out there should be made aware of the fact that winnings haven't been sent out to anyone in any of the leagues Wahoos commissions....that Wahoos hasn't made contact with any league members in weeks.....and that he hasn't logged onto any of the leagues he runs in weeks. Sadly, those are the facts of this situation.

Good post Peso.....and I know you and I discussed the "multiple team" issue on numerous occasions and you certainly made the right decision jumping out after last season. I informed Wahoos a few weeks ago thru an email that I would be leaving after the 2010 season came to a close and that he could certainly start lining up replacement owners for my teams. I never heard back from him then, and as I stated in an earlier post, all of my recent emails have also gone unanswered.Last week I started a message board thread in each of Wahoos' leagues where I have a team so if by chance this thread gets shut down there is still a place to go to post updates. I would suggest to other owners that they follow Peso's advice and do the same in leagues where I'm not an owner and haven't started one already. I have also notified MFL about the current situation so that they are aware and can assist us should any current owners get locked out.For me, the main point of this thread isn't to breakdown Wahoos' character or integrity or even discuss if this was premeditated. My concern is that owners out there should be made aware of the fact that winnings haven't been sent out to anyone in any of the leagues Wahoos commissions....that Wahoos hasn't made contact with any league members in weeks.....and that he hasn't logged onto any of the leagues he runs in weeks. Sadly, those are the facts of this situation.
I am not in any of his leagues, but I have been following this thread after the Aquil thread was shut down.I agree, great post Peso, calmly pointing out the facts and understanding both sides - and you are right, people need to be civil and think this through or things will get shut down. I am in several leagues with Aquil, which is why I was following that thread so closely; now that it's shut down, I don't know where those who were screwed will have a place to congregate and get their stuff together. You want to make sure that doesn't happen here.T with T, I feel for you man. Not only are you and others getting screwed, but I am sure you feel like to some extent its being done in your dads name or legacy, and I am sure that adds to the emotion in a way I won't try to pretend I can relate to.I think some of the "counter-points" (maybe not the best term but whatever) that were being made were people just saying "this is suspicious, but let's give it time". You feel strongly that you already know what is going on, but in light of recent events, online trust is at an all time premium, and people aren't going to take anyone's word for anything right now. I think everyone in this thread is willing to concede that if he doesn't respond to anything over the next several weeks, that some conclusions may be drawn. People are just asking for time to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and frankly the world is a better place that people still want to believe until they are proven otherwise.Having read all 660-something posts in the other thread, for what it is worth, here is what I suggest:1) Contact MFL & have them create mirror sites, so that if he wipes out the sites you have it backed up. I would also take screen shots and print out hard copies of standings, rules, bylaws, finances, rosters, etc.2) it seems like there are several people on here who are in his leagues. Start to exchange your information with each other so that if this thread gets shut down, you can stay in contact. Also, you may be able to share information that way as you try to find him, that you do not want put on the internet (his contact info, etc).3) try to get one person to be the liason for each league, like a phone tree. That way each league has a rep with the group, and can provide information to the group, and then back to the league owners. Logistically, this will make things easier.4) Mainly, keep it cool, and keep your eye on the prize. Even if someone posts something that makes you want to react (i.e. "that's what you get for not using leaguesafe, it's your fault"), don't. Stay focused on the topic.T with T, if Frank took over these leagues for your father, and not you, he must be someone you or your father knew personally, correct? One of the issues in the other thread is that the only person who knows that culprit IRL isn't cooperating either. If you know him, and have his contact info, or live near him and can actually reach him in person, that is something that should be discussed with the other potential victims in an offline/non-public forum. To be clear, I mean trying to reach him for the purposes of clarity, not any sort of "enforcement" efforts.The last thing I will say is that as I believe someone here mentioned, if indeed your money is gone, it is likely not the only problem in this individuals life right now. I don't say that as a "give him a break", rather what I mean is that he may be ducking many people, not just you guys. If indeed it is gone, I would imagine whatever he has done to lose it, he is probably very embarrassed about. What I am saying is that this may be why it is so difficult to reach him. I don't think these commish's realize that the most frustrating part of all of this is not knowing. Like when professional athletes/public figures make a mistake: if you own up to it, eventually it will go away, if you run from it, you run from it forever.I hope he is okay, and I hope that all of you get the answers and money that you deserve.

A couple things

1. Being a Commish is tough. I Commish a few leagues including a dyansty league with sevral regular FBG posters and I can tell you the pressure to do right is intense.

2. The season has just ended and I have played in leagues where the checks didn't go out until the Super Bowl. A lot of times right after the FF season is over, owners like to relax and focus on the NFL playoffs. It sounds like people were wanting their checks right after Philly was done with that Tuesday night game. Christmas and New Years just passed. You all are doing permanent damage to the leagues meaning if he pops up in the next week and cuts the checks I'm not sure these leagues can continue.

Is the money that much? I feel like whoever the $500 winner was has already spent the money and needs it immediately. Technically the money should go out shortly after the season ends. I also think anytime the checks go out in January is fine. I have a league where I am waiting for roughly a few hundred bucks to come back to me...but I know the commish well and I'm sure I'll see that check in the next couple weeks. Not a big deal.

What if he had emailed back and said he wouldn't be sending the checks out until mid to late January? You probably would have been mad about that too.

Not defending Frank but I have competed with him and I never saw anything that would lead me to believe he was working this place for the last 3-4 years for the "big score". And others said his teams are set up to compete for the next many years. Traded duds for studs, sounds like he is a great owner. I think this thread should have waited at least another week...and I bet he does answer you all back soon and you are going to look foolish.
1. Hearing you say this must install great confidence in you.2. No one started contacting him until 10 days after.

3.That is VERY presumptuous of you and rather insulting. The money is very secondary as I will be willing to spend 5 times the amount owed to me based on principal to see this thing resolved. Again not accusing as I said "Possibly" Awol.

4.Had he emailed back there would be no thread to discuss this thing. Again where do you get off saying how I would feel or any other owner for that matter.

Not trying to get in a pissing match here but I feel your way out of line. I have emailed him several times and called his phone now. A simple reply is all I am asking for.
I feel that YOU are way out of line. You don't know if a guy is in a hospital....yet make this thread....have his REAL name posted....and have the audacity to get in a fight in a thread because someone disagrees with you.In Mike Gundy's conference "Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me? This makes me wanna puke"
DUDE not to be a di$k but you are in 1 league with the guy your opinion doesnt matter.... im in 15 with him I think I know what Im talkin about bud....
DUDE not to be a di$k but you shouldn't be posting multiple topics in this forum trying sell the same teams you are freaking out about. pretty shady move yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread