What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another MAGA victory- this time in West Virginia (1 Viewer)

Sorry, but this is just an absolute fiction.  Trump didn't implement anything to help with climate change.  You can say the Paris Accord wasn't good enough, but if you're going to do so, you need to advocate for something bigger and better, not just take your ball and go home.  And let's not pretend that Trump left the Paris Accord because it didn't do enough to combat climate change.  Re: NATO and defense spending, you have the cause and affect backwards.  It's not "the US spends more because NATO countries spend less", it's "NATO countries spend less BECAUSE the US spends more".  That is, our Congress (both parties) is in thrall to the defense industry and spends so much that other NATO countries don't need to.  And just stop with "the wall".  How many new miles of wall did Trump build?  How much did he and his cronies grift via GoFundMe and other sources for "the wall"?  How'd that work out?  How'd "Mexico will pay for it" work out?

I also notice you conveniently ignored the "laws don't apply to us" and "fealty" overriding policies.

The Paris Accord isn't anything.  It's a group of countries getting together to put a wish list of climate changes they would like to achieve.  If they don't, there is no penalty.  I especially love China's plan, they are going to cut their CO2 emissions per unit of GDP by 2030.  But since their GDP in is expected to rise, their actual total emissions won't go down much, if at all.  And if they don't achieve, their target, oh well, nice try guys.  Maybe by 2040 you can get there.  

Re NATO: Our spending should be irrelevant to what other countries spend.  

I will not stop with the wall.  How is the border looking these days?  How did it look once the wall construction started?  

ETA: The last part I ignored don't deserve discussion.  It's just a diversion fallacy trying to derail actual discussion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA: The last part I ignored don't deserve discussion.  It's just a diversion fallacy trying to derail actual discussion. 
I really don't know how you can argue with a straight face that the Trump/GOP policy isn't "laws don't apply" and "fealty".  In 2020, the GOP passed on issuing an actual platform in favor of "whatever Trump says".  In 2022, the RNC passed a resolution describing the events of Jan 6 as "legitimate political discourse".  To this day, Trump's litmus test for supporting a candidate is "stolen election".  There is no world in which Trump's political philosophy isn't "laws don't apply to me".

The US is one of the leading countries with respect to climate change and it was that way DURING the Trump administration.  If by do nothing you mean, leaving the Paris Climate Accord, that was a good idea to do, not a bad one.  That accord is absolute garbage with no teeth when it comes to enforcement.  It's nothing more than a wish list where the US gives a bunch of money to other countries.  

Trump's position on NATO was start paying your fair share and stop relying on the US.  Funny, after Russia invaded the Ukraine, Germany finally realized Trump was right and is now increasing their spending on their military.  

Not building a wall has worked great.  Look at the mess the border is.  
:lmao: Trump literally appointed a climate change denier as head of the EPA.    Is this a joke?

:lmao: Trump literally appointed a climate change denier as head of the EPA.    Is this a joke?

This is the type of posting that annoys me the most.  Instead of posting this, why not post what policies and changes this person made to make the climate worse.  Then we can have a discussion about the effectiveness of those policies on climate change and whether they needed to be changed or eliminated.  

I already have sho nuff on ignore, but this poster is a close second to one of the most useless posters on the political forum.  95% of their posts add nothing to the discussion.

This is the type of posting that annoys me the most.  Instead of posting this, why not post what policies and changes this person made to make the climate worse.  Then we can have a discussion about the effectiveness of those policies on climate change and whether they needed to be changed or eliminated.  

I already have sho nuff on ignore, but this poster is a close second to one of the most useless posters on the political forum.  95% of their posts add nothing to the discussion.
Oh brother.  Ignore away  :rolleyes:  --I could give a ####.   It says everything about his intentions putting that guy in that position.

I guess we won't hear what policies and changes Trump made to back the claim that "The US is one of the leading countries with respect to climate change and it was that way DURING the Trump administration."   Oh well  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
A central Indiana man accused of murdering his wife and dumping her body in a creek in March has won a Republican primary election for township board in the state – from jail.

Andrew Wilhoite, 40, of Lebanon received 60 of the 276 total votes on Tuesday for Republicans for three positions on the Clinton township board,

Boone

county election results showed.

I like it when your side did it first.

I'll ask you to define this first.  And you can skip 1/6 or mean tweets.  Focus on policy and actual accomplishments or lack thereof.  In what way was he taking the country down the toilet?
Hard to skip 1/6, since it has shifted our country away from democracy and towards autocracy and that is, for my money, a tremendous deal breaker.

So, if look at actual policy and ignore all of the noise were left with things that were simply bad calls:

• Building a wall: completely ineffective and expensive waste of money
  • Tariffs: completely ineffective and only made our citizens pay the price
  • Covid Response: pretending it didn't exist and "would magically go away by Easter" wasn't the response we needed. Banning travel from China and then doing not much else was craptastic. The only thing done correctly was Project Warpspeed, but it's a nice pretty bow sitting on top of a pile of dung IMO
  • Trump's "tax cuts" increased my taxes by a significant margin. I'm not thrilled that I'm being charged to subsidize corporations that already pay less taxes than I do. Meanwhile Trump said the cuts would juice our GDP by 6% and guess what, they didn't.
  • He negotiated the withdrawal from Afghanistan that Biden stupidly decided to follow through with. I bet you blame Biden for it, but really, both Trump and Biden are to blame for it.
  • Finally the scoreboard:

Unemployment: 4.8% when he took office, 6.7% when he left office (net loss of 2.9M jobs)
  • International trade deficit increased 40.5% during his time in office
  • Publicly held federal debt was  $14.4T when he took office and $21.6T when he left (that's 7.2 trillion dollars, which is ~50% of the public debt this country has run up over its ENTIRE existence)
  • His last year in office the murder rate rose by 30%
  • Even things that look good aren't. For example, people will point to the stock market doing well during his term. If we look at the S&P 500, it rose by 44% during Trump's term. Great right? Sure, but it went up 209.8% during Clinton's term, 182.1% during Obama's, 117.7% during Reagan's, 51.2% during HW Bush's. He beat out W and that's it. Not good.
  • Over his entire term, the GDP rose 4%. Again comparing against recent other presidents, you have Clinton top again with 34.8%, Reagan next with 32.2%, then Obama with 16.6%, W with 15.6, and HW with 9.2%. Dead last for Trump.

I just don't see how you can view the above as anything approaching a success. It wasn't.

Hard to skip 1/6, since it has shifted our country away from democracy and towards autocracy and that is, for my money, a tremendous deal breaker.

So, if look at actual policy and ignore all of the noise were left with things that were simply bad calls:

• Building a wall: completely ineffective and expensive waste of money
  • Tariffs: completely ineffective and only made our citizens pay the price
  • Covid Response: pretending it didn't exist and "would magically go away by Easter" wasn't the response we needed. Banning travel from China and then doing not much else was craptastic. The only thing done correctly was Project Warpspeed, but it's a nice pretty bow sitting on top of a pile of dung IMO
  • Trump's "tax cuts" increased my taxes by a significant margin. I'm not thrilled that I'm being charged to subsidize corporations that already pay less taxes than I do. Meanwhile Trump said the cuts would juice our GDP by 6% and guess what, they didn't.
  • He negotiated the withdrawal from Afghanistan that Biden stupidly decided to follow through with. I bet you blame Biden for it, but really, both Trump and Biden are to blame for it.
  • Finally the scoreboard:

Unemployment: 4.8% when he took office, 6.7% when he left office (net loss of 2.9M jobs)
  • International trade deficit increased 40.5% during his time in office
  • Publicly held federal debt was  $14.4T when he took office and $21.6T when he left (that's 7.2 trillion dollars, which is ~50% of the public debt this country has run up over its ENTIRE existence)
  • His last year in office the murder rate rose by 30%
  • Even things that look good aren't. For example, people will point to the stock market doing well during his term. If we look at the S&P 500, it rose by 44% during Trump's term. Great right? Sure, but it went up 209.8% during Clinton's term, 182.1% during Obama's, 117.7% during Reagan's, 51.2% during HW Bush's. He beat out W and that's it. Not good.
  • Over his entire term, the GDP rose 4%. Again comparing against recent other presidents, you have Clinton top again with 34.8%, Reagan next with 32.2%, then Obama with 16.6%, W with 15.6, and HW with 9.2%. Dead last for Trump.

I just don't see how you can view the above as anything approaching a success. It wasn't.

Without even double checking your stats,  the fact that you blame Trump for an increase in murder rate tells me all I need to know about whether we can have a conversation about the rest.  Have a good day.

The US is one of the leading countries with respect to climate change and it was that way DURING the Trump administration.  If by do nothing you mean, leaving the Paris Climate Accord, that was a good idea to do, not a bad one.  That accord is absolute garbage with no teeth when it comes to enforcement.  It's nothing more than a wish list where the US gives a bunch of money to other countries.  

Trump's position on NATO was start paying your fair share and stop relying on the US.  Funny, after Russia invaded the Ukraine, Germany finally realized Trump was right and is now increasing their spending on their military.  

Not building a wall has worked great.  Look at the mess the border is.  
The US cut emissions DURING Trump's presidency.

Wasn't a fan of pulling out of Paris, but again, scoreboard. He wasn't terrible on the environment when you look at facts.

The Paris Accord isn't anything.  It's a group of countries getting together to put a wish list of climate changes they would like to achieve.  If they don't, there is no penalty.  I especially love China's plan, they are going to cut their CO2 emissions per unit of GDP by 2030.  But since their GDP in is expected to rise, their actual total emissions won't go down much, if at all.  And if they don't achieve, their target, oh well, nice try guys.  Maybe by 2040 you can get there.  

Re NATO: Our spending should be irrelevant to what other countries spend.  

I will not stop with the wall.  How is the border looking these days?  How did it look once the wall construction started?  

Illegal immigration ROSE significantly during Trump's time in office :shrug:

The wall was a waste of money and easily defeated by walking around it or having a ladder.

Without even double checking your stats,  the fact that you blame Trump for an increase in murder rate tells me all I need to know about whether we can have a conversation about the rest.  Have a good day.
I didn't blame him. I just pointed out how much it rose during his time as president. 

I'm sorry the facts don't support your way of thinking and disappointed that you're just going to ignore them wholesale. Why ask for them in the first place. Remember, I initially asked you and you declined to answer.

It's not very mature of you IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread