What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Brown Bankrupt, 3M in debt (1 Viewer)

Steelers should give him a one year contract.. He can make money, they get a WR, plus he can end his career as a Steeler and finish in good gracious with the team and fans.
Curious as to why you think Rashee Rice should be given very harsh penalties vs AB should be welcomed back into the league with open arms? AB's rap sheet is several pages long. On top of the fact that AB's financial skill would not indicate that 5M for this year would solve his problems. He's very unlikely to begin rational financial planning today. He's been given several "fresh starts."

Steelers should give him a one year contract.. He can make money, they get a WR, plus he can end his career as a Steeler and finish in good gracious with the team and fans.

Zero chance that happens.

AB was great to watch for so many years as a Steelers fan. What most of us aren’t sure of is did he always act like a clown or did it spike up at some point? I don’t remember clown stories early in his career but they may have been hidden.

:no: Not gonna happen, and it would not end well even if it did happen. AB is a head case. No team needs the distraction, especially for a player with diminished skills. It is sad to see AB's life continuing to spiral out of control. I truly hope he gets the help he needs, although it seems unlikely he would welcome such help.

AB was great to watch for so many years as a Steelers fan. What most of us aren’t sure of is did he always act like a clown or did it spike up at some point? I don’t remember clown stories early in his career but they may have been hidden.
He was never the same after the Vontaze Burfict dirty hit, there was AB before the hit and AB after the hit.

:no: Not gonna happen, and it would not end well even if it did happen. AB is a head case. No team needs the distraction, especially for a player with diminished skills. It is sad to see AB's life continuing to spiral out of control. I truly hope he gets the help he needs, although it seems unlikely he would welcome such help.
I don't know, a one year minimum contract I think it's worth a risk.. The guy is still a freak at conditioning, so no question he can still play. Plus, even if you have to dump him, it be a low risk. I do feel Tomlin knows how to handle him and he has enough respect for Coach T that he would be behaved.

Curious as to why you think Rashee Rice should be given very harsh penalties vs AB should be welcomed back into the league with open arms? AB's rap sheet is several pages long. On top of the fact that AB's financial skill would not indicate that 5M for this year would solve his problems. He's very unlikely to begin rational financial planning today. He's been given several "fresh starts."
I Just googled Brown driving drunk/high injuring someone, running from the police while a Steeler and then assaulting someone a mere week later, and nothing came up.

I Just googled Brown driving drunk/high injuring someone, running from the police while a Steeler and then assaulting someone a mere week later, and nothing came up.
Link?

@karl.Racki- I'm here on these boards to have a good time and to learn through engaging in different ways. Asking questions, making predictions, posting information and opinions and cracking a joke here and there. Most of the folks here seem to be within the same broad bounds. Responses like the above - and in contrast to your work in the Rashee Rice thread- reek of trolling. Whether intended or not. I've learned over the years to try to resist responding to obvious troll jobs because it adds nothing to the (silly enough as it may be) intended meaningfulness and earnest discourse.

So I'm not going to be spending my afternoon making a list of the behaviors that AB did and then having a fake serious discourse with you about how the ethics of those compare with what Rice did (which I find deplorable btw).

Maybe someone else has more free time to make a list so you can have a fun time pretending to not be outraged by sexual assault.

I don't know, a one year minimum contract I think it's worth a risk.. The guy is still a freak at conditioning, so no question he can still play. Plus, even if you have to dump him, it be a low risk. I do feel Tomlin knows how to handle him and he has enough respect for Coach T that he would be behaved.
Oh, you aren't doing a bit, you're serious?

He's nearly 36 years old! He'd be the oldest active receiver in the league by about 3 years!

no way in hell any team signs him. let alone the steelers. i bet they dont even want to think about the last couple seasons he was there.

@karl.Racki- I'm here on these boards to have a good time and to learn through engaging in different ways. Asking questions, making predictions, posting information and opinions and cracking a joke here and there. Most of the folks here seem to be within the same broad bounds. Responses like the above - and in contrast to your work in the Rashee Rice thread- reek of trolling. Whether intended or not. I've learned over the years to try to resist responding to obvious troll jobs because it adds nothing to the (silly enough as it may be) intended meaningfulness and earnest discourse.

So I'm not going to be spending my afternoon making a list of the behaviors that AB did and then having a fake serious discourse with you about how the ethics of those compare with what Rice did (which I find deplorable btw).

Maybe someone else has more free time to make a list so you can have a fun time pretending to not be outraged by sexual assault.
Eminem still bringing the 🔥

I am 100% not trolling.. Raseed Rice just committed his crimes, there is a chance he is going to get off Scott free, Brown's last crime was last year for unpaid child support, he went to court, something Rice may not even do. So IMO Brown paid his price. The abuse is awful, but again how long ago was it, who was he playing for? He paid his price.

come on, it's not Brown killed anyone.. Isn't that the sentiment with Rice?

Oh, you aren't doing a bit, you're serious?

He's nearly 36 years old! He'd be the oldest active receiver in the league by about 3 years!
And still in great shape.. He would still walk on the Steelers and be #2.. Van "Freaking" Jefferson is currently the #2 WR..

The FA pool is shrinking, it's apparent they aren't going to trade for a play making WR. Right now, they have the worst WR room in the AFC North and possibly AFC. I never said sign Brown long term, but a one year deal at minimum IMO is better than throwing 4-5M at Michael Thomas who will be hurt by week 3.

There were multiple players that tried to warn the Steelers about giving AB a large contract. You can search Ryan Clark + AB for just one example. With that as context, I suspect he was always a jackwagon.

Well, anyone who would loan this guy money deserves what they get. Plenty of stories out there about him not paying his debts.

Great football player. Batshiot crazy
This goes way back with him not paying for services or people he hired. Very unfortunate what happened with this guy but he's been a problem for a while.

I hope he gets the help he needs.

He had a pretty rough upbringing. I remember when he went to Central Mich, his qb was Dan Lefevre. Here is some background on him - https://www.nickiswift.com/149823/antonio-browns-tragic-real-life-story/

He did straighten out, but that cheap shot by Burdick really changed him.

There were multiple players that tried to warn the Steelers about giving AB a large contract. You can search Ryan Clark + AB for just one example. With that as context, I suspect he was always a jackwagon.
and arguable the best receiver in the team's history.. Ryan Clark HAHAHAHAHAH

So what’s your point?

Arguably the most physically gifted WR in Steelers team history was and is a clown? So what.

So what’s your point?

Arguably the most physically gifted WR in Steelers team history was and is a clown? So what.
You are going to quote Ryan Clark.. The same guy who ripped the Steelers for trading for Minkah.. The guy is a blowhard.

Did Brown have bad moments with the Steelers, yes.. But, he wasn't a 1/10 of a case as he was with TB, NE, and LV.

So what’s your point?

Did Brown have bad moments with the Steelers, yes.. But, he wasn't a 1/10 of a case as he was with TB, NE, and LV.

You know this how?

You were part of the team, coaching staff, locker room or whatever and were more in touch with ABs antics as a Steeler than Ryan Clark?

So what’s your point?

You know this how?

You were part of the team, coaching staff, locker room or whatever and were more in touch with ABs antics as a Steeler than Ryan Clark?
Did he walk off the field in the middle of a game in Pittsburgh? Did he refuse to practice in Pittsburgh? The guy has tantrums on the sideline during games, but we have players doing that now.

All I am saying is, the Steelers need help at WR, They need someone to take pressure off Pickens, Guys like Jefferson, Watkins, and Miller aren't going do that. I would much rather even at his age, give Brown a minimum contract, then give Michael Thomas 4-5M a season when we all know he will be hurt by week 3.

I am not going argue that Brown is a Pillar of the community cause he isn't.

So what’s your point?

You know this how?

Did he walk off the field in the middle of a game in Pittsburgh? Did he refuse to practice in Pittsburgh? The guy has tantrums on the sideline during games, but we have players doing that now.

All I am saying is, the Steelers need help at WR, They need someone to take pressure off Pickens, Guys like Jefferson, Watkins, and Miller aren't going do that. I would much rather even at his age, give Brown a minimum contract, then give Michael Thomas 4-5M a season when we all know he will be hurt by week 3.

I think the steelers signing you as their next wr is more likely than bringing back brown

I am 100% not trolling.. Raseed Rice just committed his crimes, there is a chance he is going to get off Scott free, Brown's last crime was last year for unpaid child support, he went to court, something Rice may not even do. So IMO Brown paid his price. The abuse is awful, but again how long ago was it, who was he playing for? He paid his price.

come on, it's not Brown killed anyone.. Isn't that the sentiment with Rice?
So Brown “paid his price” for abusing women but Vick went to prison and has tried to make amends for what he did and you still don’t show him any grace.

I do think you’re trolling. Carry on.

The league minimum for Brown would be $1,210,000, as he has 7+ years. Last year, the Steelers had 1029 offensive plays. Assuming the same for 2024, do you think Brown would sign a contract for $1175.90 per offensive play? That way, the Steelers can cut him the minute he becomes a distraction. If so, I bet he'd make about $1175.90.

We are all here because we enjoy watching the game of football.

(except for the one guy who seems to prefer hockey)

Say what you want about Antonio Brown, but there's no way the hits to his head he took while playing the game we love has helped with his mental state...

I believe in the power of prayer and community. Would the time spent to bash our fellow man not be better applied to praying he receives the help he so desperately needs?
♥️♥️💪💪

Antonio Brown is a cancer and personally without evidence I think he has CTE. How else can you explain his extremely bad/odd behavior. His days in the NFL are behind him.

He has 5 things going against him at a high level
1. Off-Field Issues
2. Financial Troubles
3. Injury Concerns: Brown’s ankle injury during his tenure with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers led to his release. He claimed that the team’s medical staff injected him with painkillers to play through the pain, while the Buccaneers refuted his claim. Teams may be cautious about his health and potential injury risks.
4. Suspensions and Conduct Violations
5. Age and Performance

I also have a hard time feeling sorry for Antonio Brown or wanting to see a team give him another chance. Especially for a guy who had at one point had a warrant for outstanding child support payments. The over-the-top drama.

Personally, I'm guilty of driving slow in this thread rubber necking the car crash on the highway. That's how I feel about AB.

And yes AB skipped practices with the Steelers and left at least one game early. That Ryan Clark doesn’t know what he’s talking about!

Per ESPN Dec 31, 2018

“Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown “went off” and skipped multiple meetings and practices before and after the season finale against the Cincinnati Bengals, a team source confirmed to ESPN on Monday.”

And from a different source in 2018

“AB skipped the team’s Saturday walk-through and team meeting, yet showed up to Heinz Field on Sunday expecting to play. Instead, he was benched, and left the game at halftime, having never taken the field. ”

And yes AB skipped practices with the Steelers and left at least one game early. That Ryan Clark doesn’t know what he’s talking about!

Per ESPN Dec 31, 2018

“Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown “went off” and skipped multiple meetings and practices before and after the season finale against the Cincinnati Bengals, a team source confirmed to ESPN on Monday.”

“AB skipped the team’s Saturday walk-through and team meeting, yet showed up to Heinz Field on Sunday expecting to play. Instead, he was benched, and left the game at halftime, having never taken the field. ”
He skipped the team meeting going into his last game as a Steeler? what a POS..

Let us not forget what the best WR in team history was also going through with the team.. Brown def had his blame, but Steelers never handled him right after that hit from VB.

Per ESPN Dec 31, 2018

He skipped the team meeting going into his last game as a Steeler? what a POS..

Let us not forget what the best WR in team history was also going through with the team.. Brown def had his blame, but Steelers never handled him right after that hit from VB.

You conveniently didn’t acknowledge that AB skipped practices and left a game early with the Steelers.

This of course is contrary to what you wrote a couple of posts above. So the information you provided was and is incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread