What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Brown Bankrupt, 3M in debt (1 Viewer)

left a game early with the Steelers.
When?
Or the Bucs.
One might say he really left it* all on the field with the Bucs.

*his jersey.

My understanding goes like this.

Last week of the regular season in 2018. There’s conflict at practice with Big Ben, AB skips practice, Steelers try to sweep it under the rug by saying AB has a knee issue, AB skips the Saturday walk thru, he shows up Sunday expecting to play and the Steelers don’t dress him. AB hangs out on the sideline and leaves the stadium at half time.

As dramatic as him leaving the TB game? No.

But he never played again for the Steelers.

When?
Or the Bucs.

*his jersey.

Last week of the regular season in 2018. There’s conflict at practice with Big Ben, AB skips practice, Steelers try to sweep it under the rug by saying AB has a knee issue, AB skips the Saturday walk thru, he shows up Sunday expecting to play and the Steelers don’t dress him. AB hangs out on the sideline and leaves the stadium at half time.

You recall it correctly other then I don't recall if he ever showed up to the stadium but that's misleading as it could be to label that as leaving a game early he never was even activated.

When?
Or the Bucs.

*his jersey.

You recall it correctly other then I don't recall if he ever showed up to the stadium but that's misleading as it could be to label that as leaving a game early he never was even activated.

Fair enough but not only was AB at the stadium he hung out on the sidelines in his brown fur coat.

The point of this whole debate is AB by all accounts was a terrible teammate and it started in Pittsburgh. They’re not resigning him.

The point of this whole debate is AB by all accounts was a terrible teammate and it started in Pittsburgh. They’re not resigning him.
Yes I agree his last week with Pittsburgh ended ugly but after what he did in Tampa at the end combined, some of his ugly PR looks and fact he's been away from the game so long he's done. He only got so many second plus chances in his career because he was great and that's likely gone now and so are his chances.

BUT I don't like seeing revisionist history and stuff I feel is being made up and on that note let me point out that after he had that fiasco with Ben and missing that game the Steelers did NOT try and trade him. It was AB who asked for the trade. Art Rooney, and I believe Tomlin with him, actually made an incredible attempt to mend the fences with him and they met him at an airport in Florida to try and fix the issues but it was AB and not the Steelers who persisted on wanting a trade. They even sent him somewhere he wanted to go as Ian Rappaport jumped the gun and reported he had been traded to the Bills which AB balked at and the Steelers pulled the plug on that deal and sent him to the Raiders. So I don't think it's how things ended with the Steelers that make him someonen they won't touch, it's the crazy amount of stuff he did after and fact he's simply no longer worth the risk.

Leaving that game with Tampa was the cardinal sin. That's a wrap when a player does that.

Yes I agree his last week with Pittsburgh ended ugly but after what he did in Tampa at the end combined, some of his ugly PR looks and fact he's been away from the game so long he's done. He only got so many second plus chances in his career because he was great and that's likely gone now and so are his chances.

BUT I don't like seeing revisionist history and stuff I feel is being made up and on that note let me point out that after he had that fiasco with Ben and missing that game the Steelers did NOT try and trade him. It was AB who asked for the trade. Art Rooney, and I believe Tomlin with him, actually made an incredible attempt to mend the fences with him and they met him at an airport in Florida to try and fix the issues but it was AB and not the Steelers who persisted on wanting a trade. They even sent him somewhere he wanted to go as Ian Rappaport jumped the gun and reported he had been traded to the Bills which AB balked at and the Steelers pulled the plug on that deal and sent him to the Raiders. So I don't think it's how things ended with the Steelers that make him someonen they won't touch, it's the crazy amount of stuff he did after and fact he's simply no longer worth the risk.

Leaving that game with Tampa was the cardinal sin. That's a wrap when a player does that.
The Bills were so unbelievably lucky the plug got pulled.

Yes I found that after someone bumped it today, thanks. I looked through 4 pages of search results and couldn’t find it. He’s produced quite a few headlines and topics around here over the years.

Maybe @FBG Moderator can merge this with that topic.

Steelers should give him a one year contract.. He can make money, they get a WR, plus he can end his career as a Steeler and finish in good gracious with the team and fans.

Zero chance that happens.

AB was great to watch for so many years as a Steelers fan. What most of us aren’t sure of is did he always act like a clown or did it spike up at some point? I don’t remember clown stories early in his career but they may have been hidden.
He was never the same after the Vontaze Burfict dirty hit, there was AB before the hit and AB after the hit.

This. My Sister-in-law dated someone deep in the organization who worked with the WR's back in that time period - she met AB several times at team events, and out, etc. Nobody ever said anything negative about the guy. Nice, upstanding guy. Team loved him, ownership loved him, Pittsburgh loved him. Then....After that hit, like a light switch, he went nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread