What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Gates owners, post your record (1 Viewer)

The Gates owner is 1-3 in my dedicated TE league.

The Gates owner is 2-2 in the league where TEs are lumped in WRs.

-QG

How can the consensus #1 TE all of a sudden be the fantasy MVP? Come on. The fantasy MVP has to be someone that has enormous value compared to his draft position. While Gates has outperformed his draft position, he doesn't compare to the likes of Austin Collie. Collie is the fantasy MVP right now and it isn't even close.
Arian Foster that far behind?
Depends on when you drafted. Back in July, then Foster went around the 67-8th round. Sure, he can be in the conversation. But if you drafted close to the season, Foster was going in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Shoot in my last draft, Foster went at 1.12. So, while he has been terrific, he isn't the fantasy MVP at this point in the season.
Any league that I was involved with, even right before the season, Gates and Foster went near each other. The earliest I personally saw Foster go was in the 4th round.
So what are you trying to say in relation to this thread? I'm in 8 leagues. 4 of them auction. 4 of them re-drafts. Foster went in the 3rd rnd in 1 draft, 2nd rnd in 2 drafts and 1st rnd in 1 draft. Regardless, even if Foster went in the 4th, he isn't the fantasy MVP when Collie was drafted in the 9th 10th, 11th+ round and in some leagues (not mine, and probably not yours) he went undrafted.

3-1 depending on Brady showing up today. Zeroes from Vick and Santana Moss killed me, also the fact that I was facing Zach Miller.

How can the consensus #1 TE all of a sudden be the fantasy MVP? Come on. The fantasy MVP has to be someone that has enormous value compared to his draft position. While Gates has outperformed his draft position, he doesn't compare to the likes of Austin Collie. Collie is the fantasy MVP right now and it isn't even close.
Depends on when you drafted. Back in July, then Foster went around the 67-8th round. Sure, he can be in the conversation. But if you drafted close to the season, Foster was going in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Shoot in my last draft, Foster went at 1.12. So, while he has been terrific, he isn't the fantasy MVP at this point in the season.
Any league that I was involved with, even right before the season, Gates and Foster went near each other. The earliest I personally saw Foster go was in the 4th round.
So what are you trying to say in relation to this thread? I'm in 8 leagues. 4 of them auction. 4 of them re-drafts. Foster went in the 3rd rnd in 1 draft, 2nd rnd in 2 drafts and 1st rnd in 1 draft. Regardless, even if Foster went in the 4th, he isn't the fantasy MVP when Collie was drafted in the 9th 10th, 11th+ round and in some leagues (not mine, and probably not yours) he went undrafted.
Foster has the highest value score of any player at the moment and is on pace to score 400 points. A lot will depend on which players went when and what the individual scoring system in each league.For example, in a draft a couple years ago, Steve Slaton went as the 288th pick. But I'm not sure many would say he was the clear FF MVP (but in that league he likely was).

Last edited by a moderator:
I drafted Foster 3.11 and Gates 4.02 (non TE mandatory).

I don't think I agree with this.

Like the Chargers, my team is 2-2 with Gates.

Got demolished by the ADP/Boldin explosion last week, but even despite that I've got a middle-of-the-pack team anyway unless Ray Rice comes on strong.

So post your records, those of you that have him. I play in and all play, he's easily the team MVP and my record is 33-3. In my other league, the owner with Gates is the high scorer by a good margin and his record (doubleheaders) is going to be 7-1.
4 -0 A lot of people mocked me, ridculed my strategy but after 4 weeks, I'm the one laughing at them.

Drafting Two Elite Tight Ends

On top of owning Gates, I have Clark as my FLEX. Bradshaw and Benson as my RBs. Wayner and Collie as my WRs and of course, Peyton as my QB. Luck would have it that I also inserted the Chargers as my DEF in Week 3 and 4.

Week 4 Score

Sons Of Walter Payton Scoring/Schedule

3-1, 4-0, 3-1, 2-2 (leading in points in 2 of the 4)

He was a priority grab for me in every draft.

And one of those leagues I have Gates and Finley (3-1) and leading in points starting both of them, no ppr.

Interesting, never really thought to single out my Gates teams, but I have him in 3 leagues. I'm 10-0 with 2 MNF sweats tonight.

2-2, Dynasty League, current total points leader (bad luck - played the weekly top scorers in week 1 & 2)

3-1, Redraft League, top 3 in total points.

2 PPR Survivor Leagues, no W/L records kept, but still alive even without a QB this week in one of them.

FBG Contest, averaging 195+ each week.

We basically play double-headers each week. I traded MJD and Witten for Gates, M.Williams (TB), GBP DT, and a 1st rounder prior to this week's games.

My record before acquiring Gates? 2-4

After acquiring Gates? 4-4 (weekly high score in the league would have been scoring record had I started Rodgers over Vick, I know :X )

Record with Gates on my team? 2-0

I'll be 4-0. The trio of Gates, Bradshaw & White have been outstanding for my team this season.

For my league, Gates has 86 points so far. The average of the top TE the past 3 years is 205. So in 4 games he's not far from 1/2 of the 3yr avg season total of the #1 TEs. :lol:

Chances look good I'll be 4-0 after tonight with him in a 14 team NFFC Auction championship league. I overspent in buying him, AJ and Wayne, and they and/or Cutler and LT have carried me with big weeks so far. This team has some major holes, but Gates has been so good I'm pulling out wins.

I have the unthinkable Gates/Finley 2 headed combo monster in my CFL dynasty league yet I am only 3-1 ? Go figure

The Gates owner in my league is 2-2. One of the two wins was yesterday, even after facing both Arian Foster (38 points) and MJD (26 points).

3-1

I own him in a non-ppr, non TE required league.

Year to date he's #8 overall in points. He's bested every WR out there. :mellow:

In the league in which I own Gates, I'm 3-1 and leading the league in scoring. And yes, Gates has been the greatest qualitative contributor.

4-0 in one league - I got him as 2nd TE off the board (Clark went first)

3-1 in another - I got him as 2nd TE (Clark went first)

Both are TE required leagues.

In my other league, also TE required, I am 0-3 pending tonight and have Finley (drafted him 1st TE over Gates - figured I had Gates in two other leagues and wanted Finley on at least one of my teams just for the heck of it). The Gates owner (I am playing him) is 1-2 pending tonight.

4-0.

It was kind of necessity that I drafted him. I went QB a little earlier than I normally do, and so my WRs suffered. At the time, I considered it an investment to make up for my WRs which I chased the rest of the draft.

Javhid Best, Darren McFadden, Miles Austin and TO have helped in equal measure, just on different weeks.

Safe to say I own gates in 3 leagues taking him as 1st TE in all 3 in either 3rd or 4th round... 8-0, 3-1, 3-1.

4-0.

Had to fade 34 points tonight from Henne and Gradkowski. Wasn't looking good in the fourth quarter, but I pulled it out.

Other contributors have been L.T., Bradshaw, A.P. and P. Manning.

Lets see:

1-3 in FBG, got killed with injuries to Moreno, Reggie Bush, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith CAR (no one could make up for that)

3-1 in NFFC just lost tonight due to Randy Moss not showing up otherwise would be 4-0 (only needed 4 points from Moss)

Others: 2-2, 4-0

So combined 10-6.

2-2, including a win this week where Gates and my IDPers bailed me out big time (Vick, Wells, R. Moss, J. Jones combined for a paltry 7 points...)

Had him and Finley going into the off-season, and because of the way our keepers work I felt i had to move one of them. Shopped Gates all spring with no luck, until eventually somebody sent me an offer for Finley i felt i had to take...

Actually just traded him before this weeks game.Got Addai-H.Ward-ShaincoeBleeding at RB - Needed to make the move to counter my screw up of taking Harrison in the 6th. :thumbup:Shaincoe and Hernandez hopefully get the job done.
You didn't need to make a move to counter taking harrison in the 6th...you need to make a move to counter your terrible trade.

4 -0

A lot of people mocked me, ridculed my strategy but after 4 weeks, I'm the one laughing at them.

On top of owning Gates, I have Clark as my FLEX. Bradshaw and Benson as my RBs. Wayner and Collie as my WRs and of course, Peyton as my QB. Luck would have it that I also inserted the Chargers as my DEF in Week 3 and 4.
You are screwed for the playoffs dude. Just sayin.

4-0 , only undefeated team in league.

Granted, it's only an 8-team league. I can only imagine how much bigger a factor Gates would be in a 14 or 16-teamer.

Users who are viewing this thread