What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else disappointed with Wash playcalling for RG3 return? (1 Viewer)

T with T

Footballguy
Was it just me or was Wash doin some real stupid play calling for RG3's return. I would have like to see a ton more of them quick screen passes out to Garcon, hankerson, moss and less 5-7 step drop backs esp with the way PHILLY was blitzing and almost killed RG3. Line was playing terrible and they did one quick screen to Garcon in the 3rd when the offense started to finally wake up. I don't get dropping back and getting smashed in your first game back instead of quick screens, slants to Garcon and co. Maybe im Off at this one but didn't seem right to me.. When I watch SF 49ers they seem to have perfect offense for Kaep and give him quick screens as well as protection to go deep. Was a little concerning being a RG3 owner. Hopefully it was rust and bad playcalling and in week 2 they get their crap together. Any sharks want to elaborate?

0 called runs for RG3. Tells me they don't really think he is 100%. The game changes when D's must account for him as a rusher. Without that, the offense will be more pedestrian than last year.

0 called runs for RG3. Tells me they don't really think he is 100%. The game changes when D's must account for him as a rusher. Without that, the offense will be more pedestrian than last year.
Good point, your right. No run calls and no quick slants, screens to garcon which would be deadly if used effectively. I hope and think that it was just getting his feet wet, sort of how AP started week 1 with the 50 yards and 2 tds and week 1-6 was like he had training wheels on. I remember Minn would call no outside running plays for AP first 6 weeks. All inside pound right up middle. Rg3 should be 100 percent rust free and health wise if he is smart with his recovery, training around week 6-8 and that is when we will need him most and the team will need him most.

Da Guru said:
Don`t expect Cornball to run as much as last season...at least not early in the year...there were many times last night that he could have taken off for good yardage but did not. Only 9 months off major ACL so you can`t blame him.
Thing is he doesn't need to run... On a rusty night he passed for 329 yards..... He should run less pass more just use more practical high percentage plays like the screen pass. Especially the way Philly was blitzing. they threw a couple screens and defense backed off. I think Rg3 takes big leap from rook year as a passer as his rushing yards will go down. He only had 3200 yards passing last year which is 200 a/game. I believe he could pass for 4400 this year and throw 32-35 tds. rush for 4-6 and run for 300

Good point, your right. No run calls and no quick slants, screens to garcon which would be deadly if used effectively. I hope and think that it was just getting his feet wet, sort of how AP started week 1 with the 50 yards and 2 tds and week 1-6 was like he had training wheels on. I remember Minn would call no outside running plays for AP first 6 weeks. All inside pound right up middle. Rg3 should be 100 percent rust free and health wise if he is smart with his recovery, training around week 6-8 and that is when we will need him most and the team will need him most.
If RGKnee isn't 100% until week 8 the Redskins are done. They got: Packers, Lions, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Broncos and Chargers. They could be 2-6 by that point with the 49ers, Falcons and round 2 with the NFC East still left.

Da Guru said:
Don`t expect Cornball to run as much as last season...at least not early in the year...there were many times last night that he could have taken off for good yardage but did not. Only 9 months off major ACL so you can`t blame him.
Thing is he doesn't need to run... On a rusty night he passed for 329 yards..... He should run less pass more just use more practical high percentage plays like the screen pass. Especially the way Philly was blitzing. they threw a couple screens and defense backed off. I think Rg3 takes big leap from rook year as a passer as his rushing yards will go down. He only had 3200 yards passing last year which is 200 a/game. I believe he could pass for 4400 this year and throw 32-35 tds. rush for 4-6 and run for 300
The Eagles went into prevent midway through the 3rd.

i thought he kinda looked like the old RG3 in the 4Q when he stopped worrying about the knee and tried to win the game...

If RGKnee isn't 100% until week 8 the Redskins are done. They got: Packers, Lions, Raiders, Cowboys, Bears, Broncos and Chargers. They could be 2-6 by that point with the 49ers, Falcons and round 2 with the NFC East still left.
not true, if he improves on 2nd half of last nights game for entire game and gets better I was hypo speaking by week 6-8 maybe sooner.. I think Wash is fine and they are a pretty good team if they unleash RG3 for more running.

all them teams you mentioned can be lit up... Kaep had how many against GB??? Detroit???? they suck are u kidding.. Dalton faired ok against bears and Chargers haha u are funny.

Users who are viewing this thread