What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone have a good hamburger recipe? (1 Viewer)

PinkydaPimp

Footballguy
Im planning on broiling some burgers today. Anyone have a good recipe? Was thinking ground beef, chorizo and bacon(should i cook seprately or include in the burger itself, or both :eek: ), with fresh garlic and some seasonings. Never tried this before however.

How long does it take by the way to broil burgers?

Mix a healthy dose of bread crumbs and some chopped onion into the meat. Super high heat, some cheese after the flip, and a potato bun. Perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bread crumbs? No.

Minced onion. Blue cheese. Bacon. Black pepper. SAlt.

in before some burger snob mentions the only burger worth eating is one ground at home out of brisket, short rib and chuck roast from a locally raised cow

Sometimes I'll add a little green and red pepper, Worchestershire sauce and some garlic powder.

On a Big Green Egg I usually cook 'em - @350 4minutes, flip, four minutes, put the cheese on and shut down the grill for 2 minutes.

onion soup mix, maybe bread crumbs dependent to taste, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce. garlic and onion powder. boil, let it get cool like me, and hand mix with the meat. cook and eat. yummy.

I like it pretty basic. Just season it up with garlic, salt, and pepper. Makes the burger really tasty. All the other stuff like cheese, onions, bacon can be added on top.

I like it pretty basic. Just season it up with garlic, salt, and pepper. Makes the burger really tasty. All the other stuff like cheese, onions, bacon can be added on top.
This is what I use with a little onion powder. Keep it simple and add toppings to peoples taste.

Mix a healthy dose of bread crumbs and some chopped onion into the meat. Super high heat, some cheese after the flip, and a potato bun. Perfect.
Sure if your making a meatloaf sammie maybe?

& Potato rolls are garbage so 2002......can we not just stick to a good ole Kaiser roll?

& Potato rolls are garbage so 2002......can we not just stick to a good ole Kaiser roll?
You can if you want a pretty pedestrian hamburger. Up to you.

In before TheFanatic jacks my recipe ;)

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

CHIPOTLE PORK CHEESEBURGERS 1 pound ground pork (not lean) 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce 2 garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press 4 slices Muenster cheese 4 hamburger buns, toasted 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1 large tomatillo (1/4 pound), husked and rinsed, then sliced (OPTIONAL) 1/2 small avocado, sliced 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs Gently mix pork, chipotle, garlic, and a scant teaspoon salt until just combined. Form into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Oil grill rack, then grill patties, covered, 4 minutes. Flip patties and top with a slice of cheese. Grill, covered, until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Spread buns with mayonnaise and assemble burgers with tomatillo, avocado, and cilantro :moneybag:

I tried this once for our fantasy draft and could never live down the 'loaf burgers'.

So how long does it take to broil the burgers to a medium? bout 5 mins each side on 400?
If you are setting a temperature, you're not broiling. You're roasting. Your oven dial has a setting for "broil". Time will depend on how hot the broiler gets and how close you set your rack. Unless you're using ridiculously lean ground beef, you can afford to err on the long side.

ingredients

7 pounds 80% lean chopped beef

1 pound bacon sliced/chopped as small as possable

1 large onion minced fine in a food processor

15 oz sharp chedder cheese shredded

12 oz steak sauce

2 Tbsp each salt, pepper and garlic powder

16 potato rolls

preparation

1. Fry the chopped bacon untill its well done or crispy

2. Add all the ingredients to the beef including 3/4th of the oil from the bacon.

3. Mix very well

4. Form into 1 inch thick, 4 1/2 inch round patties

5. Heat the BBQ for 5 minutes and place the patties gently on the grill and cook untill well done.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/THE-BEST-HAMBURGER-YOULL-EVER-TASTE-50035310#ixzz2dkrxvdPS

Lots of good meatloaf recipes in here.
It is funny you say that because I've been trying all kinds of different burgers and it was nice to just have one with a little salt and pepper, cheese and ketchup. I told my wife I wanted a change from the meatloaf sandwiches. You can get carried away with the ingredients.

It is funny you say that because I've been trying all kinds of different burgers and it was nice to just have one with a little salt and pepper, cheese and ketchup. I told my wife I wanted a change from the meatloaf sandwiches. You can get carried away with the ingredients.
My favorite burger is just salt, pepper, and the thinnest shmear of mayo. No cheese. Obviously, this preparation tastes better when you're starting with better quality beef.

Mix the ground beef with salt and pepper, form into 3/4" thick patties. Dimple and char one minute on each side.

Put in an oven tray and place in oven at 170F. Leave for half an hour for perfect medium rare. In the mean time prepare the toppings, toast the rolls if you like (I bake mine myself so can't enter into the potato vs kaiser discussion). If you like melted cheese, put slices on about 10 minute before you plan to take the patties out of the oven.

Thank me later

I tried this once for our fantasy draft and could never live down the 'loaf burgers'.
Reminds me of a conversation I was listening in on the other day. This hot girl was talking about guys and was saying if she went on a first date and the guy ordered a salad that it was an instant turn-off. She said guys should be eating manly stuff like steaks.

This is what I always do. The best burger I ever had was at a buddy's cookout. He bought the extra lean meat and folded in duck fat. It was amazing, but I have no idea where you would find duck fat.

im thinking about a 1/2 ground beef 1/4 chorizo 1/4 bacon mix.......
That is a great way to have an over cooked burger, or a properly cooked burger with half-raw bacon.
doesnt bacon cook quickly? :shrug:
Serious question. What do you want the bacon to accomplish?

If it's just flavor or more fat, why not just add some lard or fry it in bacon drippings (or, you know, put a piece of bacon on your burger)? Or is there some textural component you're looking for?

My favorite burger is just salt, pepper, and the thinnest shmear of mayo. No cheese. Obviously, this preparation tastes better when you're starting with better quality beef.
Buying good beef is the key. I usually get ground chuck from a good butcher, but also like ground sirloin. The regular "hamburger" ground beef makes bad burgers imo. I don't know about the chorizo, bacon, bread crumbs and other add-ons. The best burgers for me start with good beef, a bit of salt and pepper and some good cheddar. I prefer them cooked over charcoal, rather than broiled.

That is a great way to have an over cooked burger, or a properly cooked burger with half-raw bacon.

If it's just flavor or more fat, why not just add some lard or fry it in bacon drippings (or, you know, put a piece of bacon on your burger)? Or is there some textural component you're looking for?
i heard of a restaurant that makes half beef half bacon burgers. I love bacon. So i figured why not give it a go.

If you're adding bacon, make sure you fry it crisp first, otherwise it will just kind of cook, and you won't geta real good bacon flavor and the bacon will be gooey and chewy

PinkydaPimp said:
Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
PinkydaPimp said:
cosjobs said:
PinkydaPimp said:

i heard of a restaurant that makes half beef half bacon burgers. I love bacon. So i figured why not give it a go.
If you have a bunch of ground bacon in the middle of a med or med rare burger, you can expect that part of the bacon to also be undercooked. Do as some others have mentioned- cook the bacon first, then fry the burger in the bacon grease.

PinkydaPimp said:
Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
PinkydaPimp said:
cosjobs said:
PinkydaPimp said:

If you have a bunch of ground bacon in the middle of a med or med rare burger, you can expect that part of the bacon to also be undercooked. Do as some others have mentioned- cook the bacon first, then fry the burger in the bacon grease.
ETA- if you are not grinding your own beef or buying from a quality butcher you trust, you should cook it at least medium well.

I have been using a blend of meat lately. I buy a pound of super lean meat maybe 93/7 and then I buy a pound of 80/20 or less--the more fat the better. Mix them together well. Webber makes a pretty good gourmet hamburger spice if you are in a hurry to add to it. Don't handle them too much or they will fall apart. Make a little indent in the middle to help them cook.

Just be prepared if you are broiling in an oven to have your windows open because there will be smoke from the splattering grease.

I cover my burgers with two fried eggs and some cheese.

Just an aside, my deli sells gourmet patties and I have bought some that had bacon and cheese in them. They always fall apart or burn up. I have never had success with them, but maybe that is just me.

msommer said:
Mix the ground beef with salt and pepper, form into 3/4" thick patties. Dimple and char one minute on each side.

Put in an oven tray and place in oven at 170F. Leave for half an hour for perfect medium rare. In the mean time prepare the toppings, toast the rolls if you like (I bake mine myself so can't enter into the potato vs kaiser discussion). If you like melted cheese, put slices on about 10 minute before you plan to take the patties out of the oven.

Thank me later
WTF? You serious?

Keep it simple with the burger. Good meat, salt, pepper, high heat medium.

Have fun with the fixins.

Provolone salami hot peppers.

Blue cheese red onion and hot buffalo sauce.

Bacon egg cheddar and hot sauce.

Horseradish pickle and brown mustard.

Pineapple onion peppers and BBQ.

Mayo tomato onion hot sauce mustard and pickle pretzel roll

2 lb. 80/20 ground beef

1 lb. Ground Pork Sausage

Mix together and patty.

Season patties with salt, pepper, garlic.

Add worchestershire sauce on the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread