What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

anyone here into fishing? (3 Viewers)

Heading to Wisconsin next Wednesday for my annual trip for some smallie and muskie fishing. We'll also catch some sturgeon hopefully as well. Can't wait. Hopefully there is something photo worthy to share.

Will be using some of my son's baits to try and get some muskie content for his social pages for the website.

btw- for reasons I can't explain, folks in Wisconsin spell it: musky. Almost everyone else spells it muskie. Both are valid

Enjoy your trip
wrong only musky is valid the people that spell it muskie are fibs and mudducks happy to help take that to the bank bromigo

Heading to Wisconsin next Wednesday for my annual trip for some smallie and muskie fishing. We'll also catch some sturgeon hopefully as well. Can't wait. Hopefully there is something photo worthy to share.

Will be using some of my son's baits to try and get some muskie content for his social pages for the website.
you head to wausau area right are you fishing the wisconsin river or lakes take that to the river bank brochacho
Yeah on the river. I'll be there Wednesday. Can't wait and we don't fish from the bank brocheesehead

you head to wausau area right are you fishing the wisconsin river or lakes take that to the river bank brochacho
Yeah on the river. I'll be there Wednesday. Can't wait and we don't fish from the bank brocheesehead
i hope you hit them well the wisconsin is such a crazy river i fish it for smallies way down where it dumps into the sippi and it is a much larger river there than mid state i also fish it way up by eagle river and it is super bony up there just a neat river with different characteristics depending on where you are i dont know if you have family in the wausau area and that anchors you there but if you are into musky you really want to head north a bit and if you are into smallies there is a certain river on the border between wisconsin and the yoopee that has some absolutely amazing fly fishing for smallies like bucket list type stuff take that to the bank bromigo

also the great dane brewing company is originally based in madison and is pretty awesome and they have one in wausau give that a shot if you need a place to eat at night take that to the bank brohan

We had an epic Alaska fishing trip this year. It's our 10th year going. We fish Sockeye in the Kenai River in Soldotna, and white fish (halibut, ling cod, rock fish) in Homer. The limits on sockeye were 6, and the 8 of us limited out all three days of sockeye fishing. We also nailed white fish. We've used the same guide out of Homer for four years now, and he always puts us on fish. I got a 85 lb. halibut - it was awesome.

We had an epic Alaska fishing trip this year. It's our 10th year going. We fish Sockeye in the Kenai River in Soldotna, and white fish (halibut, ling cod, rock fish) in Homer. The limits on sockeye were 6, and the 8 of us limited out all three days of sockeye fishing. We also nailed white fish. We've used the same guide out of Homer for four years now, and he always puts us on fish. I got a 85 lb. halibut - it was awesome.

Wow, incredible.

Nice fish!

Went ice fishing last weekend and caught some ungodly sized crappies for our state (I guess other regions call them Specks). Adding images with a beer can and 5 gal bucket for perspective.

I'm sorry many of you are cold but it is for a good cause. With Minnesota late December temps in the 50's, I was terrified my 1/26 ice fishing was in peril. The lake we ice fish had two rescue ops of hundreds, which closed lake travel altogether (only guided ATVs). It's a big problem for a 28' fish house. Until yesterday. Temps were -17 last night, and a 5 day cold stretch will be making great ice. Lord willing I'll be on virgin grounds at a top Minnesota fishery.

Went ice fishing last weekend and caught some ungodly sized crappies for our state (I guess other regions call them Specks). Adding images with a beer can and 5 gal bucket for perspective.

I'm sorry many of you are cold but it is for a good cause. With Minnesota late December temps in the 50's, I was terrified my 1/26 ice fishing was in peril. The lake we ice fish had two rescue ops of hundreds, which closed lake travel altogether (only guided ATVs). It's a big problem for a 28' fish house. Until yesterday. Temps were -17 last night, and a 5 day cold stretch will be making great ice. Lord willing I'll be on virgin grounds at a top Minnesota fishery.
No kidding. You might have timed this perfectly.

minnesota is the only place on earth where its better to sit in a freezing box and stare at a hole than it is to go hang out with the residents just sayin take that to the bank brohans

minnesota is the only place on earth where its better to sit in a freezing box and stare at a hole than it is to go hang out with the residents just sayin take that to the bank brohans
:lmao:

Ha, point taken but you aren’t giving due credit to poker, alcohol, fish fry/frozen pizza and general lack of accountability for a weekend.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Got out on a dory today on a charter in Pacific City, OR. Pretty rough launching through the surf, got a huge "HOLD ON!" from the captain as we caught air on the 4th or 5th wave. But once we were out it was a beautiful day - sunny, no wind, mild swell. Caught a bunch of rockfish, landed a 20 lb ling cod on the light rockfish gear, then we limited out on ling before pulling in some crab.

Only scary part was we almost took out a surfer on the way back in to the beach. Captain couldn't see her on the underside of the wave, the poor girl started yelling and I saw her first and yelled to the captain, and he threw it in reverse as she bailed off her board and swam out of the way. Captain said that's the closest he's ever been to hitting someone, that got the heart rate up! Glad nobody got hurt.

Great to get out and do the kind of fishing I grew up doing. And brought home a load of fish and crab!

Users who are viewing this thread