What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** APEX LEGENDS *** - ̿ ̿ ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ (2 Viewers)

I can hit people but not kill them .. I hit them 5 times, they live. I get hit twice im down.

I also tend to forget once they hit the ground they arent dead yet.  They stop shooting so I leave em... :bag:  

I can hit people but not kill them .. I hit them 5 times, they live. I get hit twice im down.

I also tend to forget once they hit the ground they arent dead yet.  They stop shooting so I leave em... :bag:  
That's not a bad strategy. They're bleeding out and you should have your head up looking out for the other two members of their group, who are either already near you or coming to heal their buddy. Lots of people get killed while trying to add that definite kill to their stats bc the person's teammates weren't far away, and you get caught shooting a soon-to-be corpse. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
That's not a bad strategy. They're bleeding out and you should have your head up looking out for the other two members of their group, who are either already near you or coming to heal their buddy. Lots of people get killed while trying to add that definite kill to their stats bc the person's teammates weren't far away, and you get caught shooting a soon-to-be corpse. 
Strategy implies I do it on purpose.  :lol:

I leave em because the other FPS games I've played don't have a "bleeding out" mechanic.  They are alive or they are dead.

Played a couple matches today finally. I'll have to get use to the inventory system but it seems simple enough. Finished 8th and 2nd. But that 2nd place had no kills for our whole team. We we're just far enough away to survive the whole time. The shooting seems more COD esque but I like the idea so far. I'll have to get used to knowing what to pick up. 

If you play fortnite. There is a challenge that ends tonight that will give you the season 8 battlepass for free

love the competition! Time for free ####

The color blind issue is a big problem for me. Can't see crap. I've tried adjusting the settings as well.

I haven’t tried it yet since I don’t think my PC can run it, but would be down to squad up with some of you on PS4. 

PSN: FY1Cuda

I guarantee I’ll be painfully bad, but on the plus side I won’t judge you if you suck. Last time I played PVP in Destiny 2 I had kids on each of the teams I was playing on message me to tell me how bad I am. I have no idea how some people play with a controller as well as they do. 

First 2 kills! Getting there...  

First one I got dropped next to an enemy at the start and ended up punching him to death.  :lol:

I haven’t tried it yet since I don’t think my PC can run it, but would be down to squad up with some of you on PS4. 

PSN: FY1Cuda

I guarantee I’ll be painfully bad, but on the plus side I won’t judge you if you suck. Last time I played PVP in Destiny 2 I had kids on each of the teams I was playing on message me to tell me how bad I am. I have no idea how some people play with a controller as well as they do. 
:lol:

I had somebody do that last night and basically ask if I was stupid.  

ConnSKINS26 said:
In Fortnite it's called "thirsting" an opponent and people are divided on it. To the above average player it's a real strategy to down one member of a squad in order to draw the rest of his/her teammates in and lay waste to them as well. Natural reaction is to go help your teammate, when you do, the opposing squad opens up on you. I'm not good enough to worry about it, if I drop you, rest assured I will be finishing you off. I assume it works similar in Apex.

I had a kid tell me "your trash". I had to correct his grammar. 
I often play videogames (whichever) while on the phone for work, so I don't use a mic/headphones. 

I got "yo NwordA you so trash poor you don't have even have a mic" ... it sounded like this came from an adult.  I nearly spit coffee all over the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just my old age kicking in, but I am baffled by how people talk on these games when they have 0 who else is playing with them.  So many times I get stuck with 2 dudes talking about the chicks they are banging and/or dropping the N word and F bombs.  Then combine that with people getting crabby by how ungood I am.  

Anyway, still pretty bad, but I have gotten the hang of the weapons and ping system.  My aim is still atrocious, and I seem to start many a game without a weapon for awhile or just the 2020.   One game I had legendary armor, but no weapon and died almost instantly, and then a couple games after that I had a 301 with all legendary mods right away, but no armor.  Again, died right away.  

KarmaPolice said:
Maybe it's just my old age kicking in, but I am baffled by how people talk on these games when they have 0 who else is playing with them.  So many times I get stuck with 2 dudes talking about the chicks they are banging and/or dropping the N word and F bombs.  Then combine that with people getting crabby by how ungood I am.  

Anyway, still pretty bad, but I have gotten the hang of the weapons and ping system.  My aim is still atrocious, and I seem to start many a game without a weapon for awhile or just the 2020.   One game I had legendary armor, but no weapon and died almost instantly, and then a couple games after that I had a 301 with all legendary mods right away, but no armor.  Again, died right away.  

joined a game yesterday and i guess i paired with a group of friends. they called me an elder and too old to play. then i out killed and did more damage than them 🤣

noobs

KarmaPolice said:

The invincible generation. They'd never say any of this stuff to people's faces but on the internet, they are invulnerable with no recourse except a generic report button.

KarmaPolice said:
I have a huge number of top 3 finishes in these instances where my squad mates are d bags.. i ditch them and just try to survive as long as possible.  Turns out im good at stealth, still bad at killing.

I have a huge number of top 3 finishes in these instances where my squad mates are d bags.. i ditch them and just try to survive as long as possible.  Turns out im good at stealth, still bad at killing.
That's how I am at PUBG. I can last to the top 10 every match if I wanted by starting far away and gearing up. Slowly making it to the circle. 

KarmaPolice said:

Try Aim Hero (IIRC is it like $5 on Steam) to figure out what is a good dpi/sensitivity for you. I find a lot of my older buddies play with super high sensitivities like we are playing Quake 1 on tiny mousepads or something. For most FPS games you want a pretty low dpi x sens.

I was :lmao: at myself last night.  

I have unlocked Caustic and haven't played him too much.  I had a decent weapon and armor, knew somebody was poking around, and was in a small house.  So I ran and laid a couple of gas traps by each door, crouch by a staircase, and was just waiting for this person to fall into my trap.  

2 secs later I look up, see him in a window and get instantly killed.  :lol:    Ooops forgot about that detail.  

Haven't played in a bit.  I hit a point where I was still sucking even at level 40+, and seemed to run into only people who have 500+ kills per character.  .

never played this, but I kinda love the fact that the insane early popularity of this game was almost solely due to EA paying a bunch of prominent Youtubers and streamers to talk about it and play it right after release. Supposedly Ninja pocketed 7 figures to stream it on launch day. 

Its a whole new world out there.

Playing solo with randoms right now is freaking frustrating.
Yeah, I have given up. I loved the game at launch, but things have changed over the past few weeks. 9 times out of 10 at least one of the team members decides to pick his or her own landing spot. And then, within seconds, is downed and upset you're not there to revive them........causing them to quit.

Not even fun when that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread