What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BECKHAM IS A BROWN!!!!!!!!! (FOR REAL) (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
@MikeGarafolo

BREAKING: The #Browns have traded for #Giants WR Odell Beckham, sources say. The deal is done. I am not joking.

Trade terms: The #Browns get WR Odell Beckham Jr and the #Giants get a 1st, a 3rd and Jabrill Peppers, source said

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotrac already has his contract updated to be on the Browns.  NYG take a $16M dead cap hit.

1.17, 3.31 (95), and Jabril Peppers.  What a steal.

Soulfly losing his mind now ;)

It's good to see the Browns trying to compete, really talented team. 

Not so sure.  Peppers is going home.  Giants can build around defense and the running game now.   They are what they are.  It works for that team. IMO  
That's why I think it's good for both. 

Wonder if the Giants make a play for Murray or Haskins.

That's a steal by the Browns.

The only question ? on ODB is his injury history. If he can stay healthy, that is a really good offense.

Seems like a great trade for both sides quiet honestly. And I have NOTHING to base this on, but I could see the Giants now using that 17th pick to draft Daniel Jones instead of a taking a QB with their earlier pick. And anyone think Giants would consider a WR with their 1st pick? 

@MikeGarafolo

BREAKING: The #Browns have traded for #Giants WR Odell Beckham, sources say. The deal is done. I am not joking.

Trade terms: The #Browns get WR Odell Beckham Jr and the #Giants get a 1st, a 3rd and Jabrill Peppers, source said
2nd best Browns WR Eva!!!

Seems like a great trade for both sides quiet honestly. And I have NOTHING to base this on, but I could see the Giants now using that 17th pick to draft Daniel Jones instead of a taking a QB with their earlier pick. And anyone think Giants would consider a WR with their 1st pick? 
Nope.

Fun move and I think Cleveland offense is going to be great next year. However, the team was really built by Sashi through the draft. He left a lot of good picks and it seems like the GM is tossing them away (Tyrol, OBJ). I like the boldness but it also bucks the strategy that really was making them a taleneted team.

The Giants seem to be in panic mode after passing on Darnold and feeling the pressure.

ffmail4me said:
That would be a terrible move taking a wr with their first just because they traded OBJ. Giants need to build up their defense and O Line. They should take best players available.

However it ultimately works out, Cleveland knows they have something special in Mayfield and is doing everything to build around him. No half-baked attempts here.

Mayfield might just be top 5 next year, top 3 in dynasty.

At the risk of sounding reactive, the only QB for certain I take over Mayfield is Mahomes in dynasty.

Ilov80s said:
Fun move and I think Cleveland offense is going to be great next year. However, the team was really built by Sashi through the draft. He left a lot of good picks and it seems like the GM is tossing them away (Tyrol, OBJ). I like the boldness but it also bucks the strategy that really was making them a taleneted team.

The Giants seem to be in panic mode after passing on Darnold and feeling the pressure.
I like what Sashi did, but that strategy doesnt make you good, it gives you the assets to make moves to get good.  That is happening now

The Browns will have 2 players picked in the first two rounds of fantasy drafts next year. How long has it been since that has happened?

That would be a terrible move taking a wr with their first just because they traded OBJ. Giants need to build up their defense and O Line. They should take best players available.
true, and you are probably right but I still see them taking a QB with either the 17th or if they think Daniel Jones falls now, in the early 2nd. 

-OZ- said:

God No...hope they are waiting until next season for a QB 

Last edited by a moderator:
-OZ- said:

Guessing defense.  They have said publicly they are committed to Eli.  That means its ball control and drafting fast big defense and road grader O Linemen. (IMO).  It is the Saquon show here on out (IMO). Saquon may have just gotten into the discussion for the #1 fantasy pick next year.   

true, and you are probably right but I still see them taking a QB with either the 17th or if they think Daniel Jones falls now, in the early 2nd. 
If they really think he is a franchise qb, they should go for it. If I were them I would focus on defense early, especially the front four. Tons of talent in first two rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread