What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Benson to Visit texans (1 Viewer)

eefflrat

Footballguy
There's no way he'll start in Houston with Slaton there. How can this visit do anything to help his case? His agent must be real stupid, why would benson even bother knowing Slaton is the starter? He needs to hop on the Bengals offer immediately, at least he's the starter there.

From Rotoworld:

The Texans have set up a free agent visit with Cedric Benson.

Cincinnati has competition. This will be Benson's first visit; only the Bengals have showed interest in him to this point. The Texans could use Benson as a "change of pace" behind Steve Slaton, a role Benson successfully played previously with Chicago. A short-term contract offer may be forthcoming

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way he'll start in Houston with Slaton there. How can this visit do anything to help his case? His agent must be real stupid, why would benson even bother knowing Slaton is the starter?From Rotoworld:The Texans have set up a free agent visit with Cedric Benson.Cincinnati has competition. This will be Benson's first visit; only the Bengals have showed interest in him to this point. The Texans could use Benson as a "change of pace" behind Steve Slaton, a role Benson successfully played previously with Chicago. A short-term contract offer may be forthcoming
If some one wants talk to you about a job, it never hurts to listen. :thumbdown:

I'm a Slaton owner and this would not make me happy. Benson took the first steps to reviving his career late last season. he was impressive enough to win people ff championships with his last 3 games. he is not in any trouble, has a clean slate, and is 26 year old.

having said that, I would bet the farm that Benson does not sign in Houston, makes no sense for him...at all..the bengals would have to be offering more to him to be their starter than the Texans would to be their backup.

I suppose he just wants to get wined and dined like FA's do, just to feel like part of the process.

I'm sure this is just Benson's agent pulling a Boras/Manny by drumming up some imaginary competition for a player that really only has interest from one team. To my knowledge, Cincy hasn't actually offered Benson a contract as the OP mentioned...it is the Bengals afterall. While the Texans visit is probably legit, I'm guessing it's Benson's agent doing a good job of putting a scare into the Bengals...if such a thing is possible.

There's no way he'll start in Houston with Slaton there. How can this visit do anything to help his case? His agent must be real stupid, why would benson even bother knowing Slaton is the starter?
Disagree.This is a smart move by the Texans.Houston has little quality depth at RB.I think Benson would fit in very well with the current Texans RB scene.

There's no way he'll start in Houston with Slaton there. How can this visit do anything to help his case? His agent must be real stupid, why would benson even bother knowing Slaton is the starter?
Disagree.This is a smart move by the Texans.Houston has little quality depth at RB.I think Benson would fit in very well with the current Texans RB scene.
Agree and won't cost the Texans much. If Benson does nothing then they aren't stuck with him, if he does well or better then it's a bonus plus any team should never rest with having one solid RB in their stable. You can't have enough decent backups, will that be Benson? Probably not but if he's the answer then they'll have a player for practically nothing.

I'm sure this is just Benson's agent pulling a Boras/Manny by drumming up some imaginary competition for a player that really only has interest from one team. To my knowledge, Cincy hasn't actually offered Benson a contract as the OP mentioned...it is the Bengals afterall. While the Texans visit is probably legit, I'm guessing it's Benson's agent doing a good job of putting a scare into the Bengals...if such a thing is possible.
The difference is that Manny is a proven player while Benson is a proven bust to this point.

Let's not forget that Ced was born in Texas and thrived at UT. You could murder a toddler, but as long as you're from UT, you'd gets lots of love here in Houston. Ced hasn't exactly been greeted with open arms elsewhere.

Again, this is a win-win situation for the Texans. If he fails again they won't be stuck with paying him a ton of money but if he turns it around (I'll be surprised) then they got a great deal on their hands.

Why would the Texans want a bum like Benson? That is the question...and yes, he is the bum of all bums, nobody game planned for the disaster known as the 2008 Bengals.

There's no way he'll start in Houston with Slaton there. How can this visit do anything to help his case? His agent must be real stupid, why would benson even bother knowing Slaton is the starter?From Rotoworld:The Texans have set up a free agent visit with Cedric Benson.Cincinnati has competition. This will be Benson's first visit; only the Bengals have showed interest in him to this point. The Texans could use Benson as a "change of pace" behind Steve Slaton, a role Benson successfully played previously with Chicago. A short-term contract offer may be forthcoming
If some one wants talk to you about a job, it never hurts to listen. :shrug:
Exactly. The guy was called to come in for a visit. There are no walk ons in the NFL. It's not like he just shows up one day, knocks on the door at the Texans practice facility and asks if he can have a try out...Why does he bother? Because he is going to get a 1st class plane ticket, a suite at a hotel, a dinner at a 5 star restaurant and it will only drive up his value if more teams than Cinci are interested....

If some one wants talk to you about a job, it never hurts to listen. :lmao:
Exactly. The guy was called to come in for a visit. There are no walk ons in the NFL. It's not like he just shows up one day, knocks on the door at the Texans practice facility and asks if he can have a try out...Why does he bother? Because he is going to get a 1st class plane ticket, a suite at a hotel, a dinner at a 5 star restaurant and it will only drive up his value if more teams than Cinci are interested....
That, or they'll take him out boating :)

Ex-Longhorn Benson says he'd like to play for Texans

By JOHN MCCLAIN Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

March 2, 2009, 11:40AM

Cedric Benson signed with Cincinnati last season and rushed for 747 yards in 10 starts.

Running back Cedric Benson arrived in Houston from Austin today to meet with the Texans, who are looking for a player to back up Steve Slaton.

After filling two needs by signing left defensive end Antonio Smith and backup quarterback Dan Orlovsky, the Texans are looking for a back who complements Slaton, who rushed for 1,282 yards as a rookie and compiled 1,659 yards from scrimmage to go with 10 touchdowns.

“I like being in Texas and Houston’s close to home,” Benson said after arriving at Hobby Airport. “I think the possibility is good (about signing with the Texans), but there’s always a business side to everything.”

Benson, 26, is a Midland native who played at the University of Texas before Chicago selected him with the fourth overall pick in 2005. Released after three years with the Bears, Benson signed with Cincinnati last season and rushed for 747 yards in 10 starts.

Benson was asked why he would accept a backup role with the Texans rather than a starting job with the Bengals.

“The business side here might be better than the business side in Cincinnati,” Benson said about contract negotiations.

“Also, there’s the Super Bowl. I had an opportunity to go to one (with Chicago), and I’d like to go back and win.”

Last year, the Texans weren’t interested in Benson when he was waived by the Bears. They became interested after watching him play for the Bengals and stay out of trouble off the field.

Benson’s legal issues have been cleared up.

“I have matured a little more,” he said. “A young man changes after he turns 21.”

The Bengals are trying to re-sign Benson, who had three 100-yard games for them. He closed the season with 171 and 111 yards in victories over Cleveland and Kansas City. The Bengals finished with a three-game winning streak in which Benson averaged 118.3 yards rushing.

“I think I proved that I’m the player everybody thought I could be,” Benson said. “I think it showed that I can get the job done, being a full-time back and carry the load.”

“Chicago fans asked me what was the difference? I told them it was simple: They gave me the football.”

“I think I proved that I’m the player everybody thought I could be,” Benson said. “I think it showed that I can get the job done, being a full-time back and carry the load.”
That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :confused:

I would be ok with Benson if it is an affordable contract, though I'd still hope Houston takes another change of pace/goal line RB in the draft. If they signed Benson though they could probably wait until later in the draft though.

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :goodposting:
True, though with Houston I still think he'd see a decent number of touches -- ideally I don't think they want Slaton every carrying the ball 300 times. Would be RBBC IMO. If he wants the ball, though, he'd be smart to re-sign with Cincy.

signing Benson anywhere in Texas would just be asking for trouble. Its obvious that Benson is still just as deluded as ever and his preference of cash of situation shows that his he doesnt have the heart of a champion.

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow ;)
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :lmao:
what exactly are you trying to say here?If it's a sarcastic attempt to say that Slaton can't carry the load and wore down we have evidence that proves otherwise, specifically that he lead all RB's with 4th qtr rushing yards..So much for wearing down..and oh, he was carrying the load too.

copycat league. 2 rb's / 60-40 splits, etc - it's considered a good thing.

It's not good for FF owners, obviously (which is why WR's have been flying off the board in startups this year - it's almost shocking.) But even with Slaton having the year he had, I'll bet the Texans look to get him a true running mate in 09.

HAHA he is so funny, he says things other players keep to themselves

Free agent Cedric Benson indicated during his Monday visit with the Texans that he's more concerned with money than role when picking his new team.

Asked why he'd take a backup job to Steve Slaton, Benson said "The business side here might be better than the business side in Cincinnati." The Bengals would feature Benson, but their offer may be less substantia

HAHA he is so funny, he says things other players keep to themselves

Free agent Cedric Benson indicated during his Monday visit with the Texans that he's more concerned with money than role when picking his new team.

Asked why he'd take a backup job to Steve Slaton, Benson said "The business side here might be better than the business side in Cincinnati." The Bengals would feature Benson, but their offer may be less substantia
Wow

as a Texans fan-

I want no part of him. I agree we need some RB depth in the worst way, but I have zero faith in him. He has a career of mediocrity followed by a minor resurgence in Cincy. I think he's 'soft' as a player and has little heart. I also worry about his off the field antics which have a high priority of popping back up, compunded by the fact that he would be back home near more friends to get into trouble with.

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :unsure:
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :argue:
what exactly are you trying to say here?If it's a sarcastic attempt to say that Slaton can't carry the load and wore down we have evidence that proves otherwise, specifically that he lead all RB's with 4th qtr rushing yards..So much for wearing down..and oh, he was carrying the load too.
you must have missed this:http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?STORY_ID=4865

signing Benson anywhere in Texas would just be asking for trouble. Its obvious that Benson is still just as deluded as ever and his preference of cash of situation shows that his he doesnt have the heart of a champion.
"The words "Benson" and "Heart of a Champion" have never been uttered in the same sentence.

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :confused:
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :pickle:
you must have missed this:http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?STORY_ID=4865
I'm not sure what the point is here, but after his "wearing down" one week rest,he came back with his next 5 rushing games of :

156 yards

anyone who thinks this kid is not a stud #1 RB is missing the boat bigtime.

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :bag:
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :thumbup:
Right....So this is the first time in the history of the NFL that a rookie RB got worn down around weeks 12-13. And look at that. They give the guy some rest in practice and he rebounds for a monster set of 5 games down the stretch. Yeah, worn down....Run down at one point it time of the season does not mean the guy cannot shoulder the load for an entire season particularly with another NFL training camp and a bunch of coaches that will work on making sure that does not happen again....

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :thumbup:
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :lmao:
Right....So this is the first time in the history of the NFL that a rookie RB got worn down around weeks 12-13. And look at that. They give the guy some rest in practice and he rebounds for a monster set of 5 games down the stretch. Yeah, worn down....Run down at one point it time of the season does not mean the guy cannot shoulder the load for an entire season particularly with another NFL training camp and a bunch of coaches that will work on making sure that does not happen again....
well you admitted that he got worn down (even though he didn't have more than 20 carries in any game at that point)i'm amazed that coaches can teach durability. Why didn't they teach Chris Brown that? do they only save that knowledge for special players?

Slaton is not going to be as effective at the stripe and he's not going to carry the ball 300/yr...the texans are actively searching for a committee partner, that is no secret to McLain or Manfull

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :unsure:
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :popcorn:
well you admitted that he got worn down (even though he didn't have more than 20 carries in any game at that point)
And then he had 5 of the next 7 games with 20 carries or more. Actually 6 of the next 7 he had 18 or more carries. So when he was supposedly worn down they increased his carries? That makes sense. Seems that one of the two positions here is off base. Since his carries going up is a fact then the notion that he was worn down is not indeed a fact...Being worn down for a game is one thing. Being worn down for the rest of the season is quite another.

i'm amazed that coaches can teach durability. Why didn't they teach Chris Brown that? do they only save that knowledge for special players?
Durability and being worn down have what to do with each other? They don't. Being worn down is a matter conditioning. And funny you should ask about what coaches can teach. See, every team has a strength and conditioning coach. Guess what he does?And you are right, Durability cannot be taught. But since that has no bearing on this conversation whatsoever, I guess I don't understand why you would make an issue of it....then again you are a guy that took a guy who was worn down for one game and assume he can't carry the load as a starter when he had more carries per game after that game than he did before so obviously you have some issues with logic...

Slaton is not going to be as effective at the stripe and he's not going to carry the ball 300/yr...the texans are actively searching for a committee partner, that is no secret to McLain or Manfull
He's not going to get 300 carries a year? He had 268 carries last year. He didn't start one game and he only had 4 carries in another. He sure came pretty close in his rookie season to doing that. Oh, and he had 50 catches. But what you are saying is that after tearing it up as a rookie the Texans are going to decide that the guy isn't worthy to carry the ball as much as he did this year? Because any Slaton owner should be giddy with 270+ carries and another 50+ catches, particularly in a PPR league....

He's not going to get 300 carries a year? He had 268 carries last year. He didn't start one game and he only had 4 carries in another. He sure came pretty close in his rookie season to doing that. Oh, and he had 50 catches. But what you are saying is that after tearing it up as a rookie the Texans are going to decide that the guy isn't worthy to carry the ball as much as he did this year? Because any Slaton owner should be giddy with 270+ carries and another 50+ catches, particularly in a PPR league....
I'm not the only one saying it, Megan Manfull and John McClain are. They have close ties to the team since they are the beat writers...If Slaton carries the ball 300 plus times a game, he won't be around for long. That's why the NFL has begun to move towards a 2 back system. It's common, especially when you have a smaller RB. This is why there were only 5 RB's to have over 300 carries this year and 6 last year. Get used to it250 (15+/game) carries is probably about the right number so that he can play consistently and not get worn down. We can bump this thread in Jan 2010 and see who was right

I'm not the only one saying it, Megan Manfull and John McClain are. They have close ties to the team since they are the beat writers...If Slaton carries the ball 300 plus times a game, he won't be around for long. That's why the NFL has begun to move towards a 2 back system. It's common, especially when you have a smaller RB. This is why there were only 5 RB's to have over 300 carries this year and 6 last year. Get used to it250 (15+/game) carries is probably about the right number so that he can play consistently and not get worn down. We can bump this thread in Jan 2010 and see who was right
I actually said that if he gets 270 any Slaton owner should be happy. But 270 and 300 are only about 2 carries a game difference. I see him being closer to 300 than say 220. I'm just saying that as close as he got this last year with only 15 starts and one game with 4 carries he came darn close. And with the guy being as effective as he was, I don't really see the team taking away a ton of carries. They may moderate him. Sort of keep him on a pitch count but I just don't see him dropping that much in carries particularly if he starts 16 games. If he misses time due to injury then that's another story...

Slaton's value will be partially determined by what type of RB the Texans bring in. If they bring in a goal-line guy that hurts Slaton quite a bit in my mind. Then he becomes the new Julius Jones. I realize Slaton owners will disagree with that but going into his second season JJ was widely heralded like Slaton currently is but neither could take a full load, were replaced at the goal line, and eventually became 3rd tier fantasy backs.

Too much JJ in Slaton's game for me to put him in the top 10 RB's but (as others have argued) maybe some of us are just not seeing the forest for the trees.

TheFanatic said:
I actually said that if he gets 270 any Slaton owner should be happy. But 270 and 300 are only about 2 carries a game difference. I see him being closer to 300 than say 220. I'm just saying that as close as he got this last year with only 15 starts and one game with 4 carries he came darn close. And with the guy being as effective as he was, I don't really see the team taking away a ton of carries. They may moderate him. Sort of keep him on a pitch count but I just don't see him dropping that much in carries particularly if he starts 16 games. If he misses time due to injury then that's another story...
You may be right, but from everything I've heard the coach didn't want Slaton getting that many touches last season and feels he'd be better off with a two-back system. Slaton will get his touches for sure, but realistically I think there's a good chance of his totals slipping if there's another guy sharing the load.

...from everything I've heard the coach didn't want Slaton getting that many touches last season and feels he'd be better off with a two-back system. Slaton will get his touches for sure, but realistically I think there's a good chance of his totals slipping if there's another guy sharing the load.
From Slaton's projection threadFor 2008, Slaton had 71% of all RB touches in Houston.

Look at the final numbers on the year:

382 HOU RB rushes

268 Slaton rushes

70% opps for Slaton

78 HOU RB targets

59 Slaton targets

76% opps to Slaton

64 HOU RB Receptions

50 Slaton recepts

78% opps to Slaton

14 HOU RB TD's

10 Slaton TD's

71% TD's to Slaton

Then take a closer look at the distribution of touches just between Ahman Green and Slaton in games when both played:

Carries

Slaton carries 115

Green carries 74

61% for Slaton

Targets

13 Targets for Slaton

14 Targets for Green

48% for Slaton

Receptions

12 Recepts for Slaton

11 Recepts for Green

52% for Slaton

TD’s

5 TD's for Slaton

3 TD's for Green

63% for Slaton

When Ahman Green played, Slaton had 58% of RB touches in those games.

When Green did not play, Slaton had 85% of all RB touches.

When Ahman Green played Slaton averaged 12.9 PPG in PPR

When Ahman Green did not play, Slaton averaged 21.9 in PPR

Houston will use two backs next year, the only reason Slaton got as much work this season was circumstances and not coaches decision. The workload Slaton had in 2008 will not repeat in 2009.

If you want to project Slaton for over 70% of all RB touches again this year after looking at what the Texans prefer to do with two healthy options, then be my guest.

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :)
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :confused:
I'm not sure what the point is here, but after his "wearing down" one week rest,he came back with his next 5 rushing games of :

156 yards

exactly.besides, how many other RBs looked "worn down" running against the Baltimore Ravens in the past 2-3 years? :)

Benson going to Houston is fine, if it happens. People bust on the RBBC system, but I'd rather my dynasty back have an RBBC to keep him fresh for a few years, than be the bellcow and get worn out/injured (see: Clinton Portis) when I need him

...from everything I've heard the coach didn't want Slaton getting that many touches last season and feels he'd be better off with a two-back system. Slaton will get his touches for sure, but realistically I think there's a good chance of his totals slipping if there's another guy sharing the load.
From Slaton's projection threadFor 2008, Slaton had 71% of all RB touches in Houston.

Look at the final numbers on the year:

382 HOU RB rushes

268 Slaton rushes

70% opps for Slaton

78 HOU RB targets

59 Slaton targets

76% opps to Slaton

64 HOU RB Receptions

50 Slaton recepts

78% opps to Slaton

14 HOU RB TD's

10 Slaton TD's

71% TD's to Slaton

Then take a closer look at the distribution of touches just between Ahman Green and Slaton in games when both played:

Carries

Slaton carries 115

Green carries 74

61% for Slaton

Targets

13 Targets for Slaton

14 Targets for Green

48% for Slaton

Receptions

12 Recepts for Slaton

11 Recepts for Green

52% for Slaton

TD’s

5 TD's for Slaton

3 TD's for Green

63% for Slaton

When Ahman Green played, Slaton had 58% of RB touches in those games.

When Green did not play, Slaton had 85% of all RB touches.

When Ahman Green played Slaton averaged 12.9 PPG in PPR

When Ahman Green did not play, Slaton averaged 21.9 in PPR

Those numbers don't even include any other HOU RB's. Houston will use two backs next year, the only reason Slaton got as much work this season was circumstances and not coaches decision. The workload Slaton had in 2008 will not repeat in 2009.

If you want to project Slaton for over 70% of all RB touches again this year after looking at what the Texans prefer to do with two healthy options, then be my guest.
The only thing I can say about your hypothesis is that all those stats before Slaton PROVED he could start for the Texans means nothing. He shared carries because he was not the starter, green was. He was good enough to siphen carries, and then when green went down the coaches gave him a chance to be the lead dog, and he was a beast. Who is to say that going forward the coaches won't continue to give him 75%+ of the RB touches. He earned it. What makes you so sure that Kibiak will change what worked? Bringing in a RB to take off some of the load is not uncommon, Ijust see no proof that Kubiak is going to abandon what became a winning formula late last year with Slaton as the lead horse.

That's fine and all, but you won't get that opportunity in Houston...Period. Expect him back in Cincy by tomorrow :mellow:
because Slaton has proven he can carry the load and not get worn down :gang1:

156 yards

So will you be targeting him as your #1 FF RB this year?

The only thing I can say about your hypothesis is that all those stats before Slaton PROVED he could start for the Texans means nothing. He shared carries because he was not the starter, green was.
The only game Slaton did not start was in Week 1. He was announced the starter over Green based on performance very early in the season.
He was good enough to siphen carries, and then when green went down the coaches gave him a chance to be the lead dog, and he was a beast.
In weeks 3, 4, and 9 - all weeks where Green was hurt - Slaton had 124, 116, and 118 yards from scrimmage, respectively where he averaged 21 touches a game.Yet when Green returned from injury in Week 5, Slaton started and had 58% of the touches....Again, when Green returned in Week 10, the workload was split 50/50.

Who is to say that going forward the coaches won't continue to give him 75%+ of the RB touches. He earned it. What makes you so sure that Kibiak will change what worked?
He did it last year. Slaton was great when Green didn't play, but when Green got healthy enough to play he went right back to splitting carries.
Bringing in a RB to take off some of the load is not uncommon, I just see no proof that Kubiak is going to abandon what became a winning formula late last year with Slaton as the lead horse.
I don't expect Slaton to lose the starting job or not be the "lead horse", however, the only formula that was abandoned last year was Kubiak's preference for RBBC and that was simply because he didnt have anyone else. The only way Slaton gets 75% of the work is if every other RB on the roster but him gets hurt again. Don't forget that Brown and Taylor went down last year, too. When Houston had Green healthy, they used him. Now Green is gone and they want another guy to come in and take his old share. There is zero evidence of anything else occuring in Houston.

The only thing I can say about your hypothesis is that all those stats before Slaton PROVED he could start for the Texans means nothing. He shared carries because he was not the starter, green was.
The only game Slaton did not start was in Week 1. He was announced the starter over Green based on performance very early in the season.
He was good enough to siphen carries, and then when green went down the coaches gave him a chance to be the lead dog, and he was a beast.
In weeks 3, 4, and 9 - all weeks where Green was hurt - Slaton had 124, 116, and 118 yards from scrimmage, respectively where he averaged 21 touches a game.Yet when Green returned from injury in Week 5, Slaton started and had 58% of the touches....Again, when Green returned in Week 10, the workload was split 50/50.

Who is to say that going forward the coaches won't continue to give him 75%+ of the RB touches. He earned it. What makes you so sure that Kibiak will change what worked?
He did it last year. Slaton was great when Green didn't play, but when Green got healthy enough to play he went right back to splitting carries.
Bringing in a RB to take off some of the load is not uncommon, I just see no proof that Kubiak is going to abandon what became a winning formula late last year with Slaton as the lead horse.
I don't expect Slaton to lose the starting job or not be the "lead horse", however, the only formula that was abandoned last year was Kubiak's preference for RBBC and that was simply because he didnt have anyone else. The only way Slaton gets 75% of the work is if every other RB on the roster but him gets hurt again. Don't forget that Brown and Taylor went down last year, too. When Houston had Green healthy, they used him. Now Green is gone and they want another guy to come in and take his old share. There is zero evidence of anything else occuring in Houston.
I don't ever recall seeing Kubiak name Slaton the starter early in the season, although he said he couldn't take Slaton off because he was playing so well. Being named the starter while the starter (green) was injured does not mean the same thing as being named "THE" starter...Slaton wasn't really the starter until Green was out of the picture. We'll see, this is a thread about Benson anyway, who now has a bigger offer from the Bengals, thanks to bluffing them with the Houston visit.

Funny the OP asks why Benson would waste his time. I was wondering why Houston was wasting its time.
Exactly. Benson sucks. Watching him with the bears was painful. Slaton owners don't worry about Benson stealing too many carries. He isn't any good.

Users who are viewing this thread