What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bentley and Garcia to be in Philly for physicals (1 Viewer)

Deranged Hermit

Not cool & Pissed
According to Howard Eskin (610 WIP radio host in Philly) LeCharles Bentley and Jeff Garcia will be in Philly tomorrow (or whenever they're able to under NFL rules) for physicals.

Eskin, though an ###, is usually spot on about this stuff so I'd take it as 99% assurance that both will be Eagles players this year.

1) Bentley = :pickle:

2) Barber = :shrug:

3) Garcia = :unsure:
The Garcia pick up is questionable, but he knows the system and that means a lot. Barber has a lot of upside. I'm sure he signed an incentive laden contract so he can't hurt. If healthy he'll allow Dahni Jones to move to the other side, which, if I'm not mistaken is his natural position.

Bentley, well, don't need to defend that one.

1) Bentley = :pickle:

2) Barber = :shrug:

3) Garcia = :unsure:
The Garcia pick up is questionable, but he knows the system and that means a lot. Barber has a lot of upside. I'm sure he signed an incentive laden contract so he can't hurt. If healthy he'll allow Dahni Jones to move to the other side, which, if I'm not mistaken is his natural position.

Bentley, well, don't need to defend that one.
Garcia is an infinitely better option than either Detmer or McMahon so I'm not complaining. But ultimately if our backup [whoever that might be] is playing significant time it's a disappointing situation for the Eagles.Barber is another signing that makes a ton of sense because there's no downside. Much like when we brought Trotter and Douglas back into the fold for veteran minimum deals, if Barber really IS injured and/or washed up, no loss at all. But if he can stay healthy, he knows the system, has played well in it before, and is obviously a welcome addition to a clubhouse needing an infusion of chemistry.

Bentley would be a good signing by any team, so I'd much rather him come to our team than another NFC contender. :yes:

How did Eskin do on the Wonderlink test. He is such a freakin dope I cant stand him. I switched to 950 for my drive home

I like these signings. Bently is an obvious young upgrade. Shawn Barber if healthy will be as well, and he was great in the Eagles system for the year he was here. Not sure how much Garcia has left ,but I guess I'll take him as a backup. Maybe they want him so he and McNabb can just vent about TO together.

I REALLY hope the Eagles go after a WR, and David Givens would be my first choice, although the offense will never be as good as it was with TO on the field

I dont have a problem with Garcia, what I have a problem with is not grooming someone as McNabb's replacement

I dont have a problem with Garcia, what I have a problem with is not grooming someone as McNabb's replacement
:confused: McNabb has at least 5 years left in the tank. There's a lot of time left to do that.

Garcia is an infinitely better option than either Detmer or McMahon so I'm not complaining. But ultimately if our backup [whoever that might be] is playing significant time it's a disappointing situation for the Eagles.

Im not disagreeing about Garcia because I think he is more then a capable back up but I think McMahon is getting a bad rap here in Philly. The guy had three-first year starters on his Oline in Herremans, Clarke, Jackson and Andrews. He also had a rookie Wr, Rb and a 2nd Wr who only started because they had TO. I mean what other Qb could win with that in the NFL and he also was playing during a season when the whole team knew the season was already over. Again I have no problem switching the back ups but I don't think McMahon got a fair shake. As for Barber if healthy its a great pick up if he isn't then they are no worse off.

Garcia is an infinitely better option than either Detmer or McMahon so I'm not complaining. But ultimately if our backup [whoever that might be] is playing significant time it's a disappointing situation for the Eagles.

Im not disagreeing about Garcia because I think he is more then a capable back up but I think McMahon is getting a bad rap here in Philly. The guy had three-first year starters on his Oline in Herremans, Clarke, Jackson and Andrews. He also had a rookie Wr, Rb and a 2nd Wr who only started because they had TO. I mean what other Qb could win with that in the NFL and he also was playing during a season when the whole team knew the season was already over. Again I have no problem switching the back ups but I don't think McMahon got a fair shake. As for Barber if healthy its a great pick up if he isn't then they are no worse off.
McMahon didn't complete 50% of his passes IN COLLEGE. How many years are we going to keep saying it's his supporting cast's fault and not a flaw in McMahon's game :wall: As a guy who has the unfortunate burden of calling Rutgers my state university, I can assure you it was a joke that he got drafted and given a shot with the Lions and it's an even bigger joke that Marty M. managed to convince Reid the kid has the goods.

How did Eskin do on the Wonderlink test. He is such a freakin dope I cant stand him. I switched to 950 for my drive home
I almost peed myself last week listening to him talk about the wonderlick. I ended up getting home before he was done on the subject, but he was asking questions from the test, and the one question he obviously had the wrong answer to. Several callers pointed this out to him and they were not surprisingly told that they were morons and Eskin hung up on them.I really wanted to hear what he said whenever he finally figured out he was wrong. It was just ironic as he is making fun of VY all the while not knowing the answer to a simple question himself.

Jeff Garcia isn't an upgrade from anyone. Trust me on that.

Users who are viewing this thread