What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2015 (1 Viewer)

Yeah I've given up on all those old guys.. still happy to go see them rock their old #### if I can, but the new stuff is mostly just pure blah, across the board.

Speaking of bands that belong in the 80s, I'm going to see One Bad Son in a couple weeks, the lead singer seems to think he's Axl Rose. Most if their songs are out of the GNR or Bon Jovi playbook, but I saw them as an opening act before and they were fun as hell, so $10 at a dive club seems like money well spent.

http://youtu.be/u5KiY98_Qco

Yeah I've given up on all those old guys.. still happy to go see them rock their old #### if I can, but the new stuff is mostly just pure blah, across the board.
I've enjoyed the latest Judas Priest( Redeemer of Souls) & AC/DC( Rock or Bust) releases.. :headbang:

The "Purple Album" from Whitesnake sounds interesting:

The Purple Album is a re-imagination of classic songs from David Coverdale’s time as the lead singer for Deep Purple’s Mark 3 and Mark 4 studio albums.
Stormbringer was released on YouTube recently

Coverdale at 63 isn't hitting the notes he once did( and who can at that age) but looking forward to hearing others from the CD. :popcorn:

New Ladylamb the Beekeeper is outstanding.
:yes: A couple others that liked on first listen that i think released this week:

Cannibal Ox

Buxton

Ghostpoet
Didn't Cannibal Ox break up? Isn't this only one of them?
No idea, i am too out of the loop. For all i know it is a b-sides of some sort. Just been looking at random lists of album releases.
It is new: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/03/cannibal-ox-blade-of-the-ronin-interview

I listened to part of it on Spotify and it sounds pretty good. Production is similar to the older stuff, even though EL-P is gone.

The way I remember it, Vast and Vordul got into a fight that resulted one breaking the other's jaw, I think before a show in Philadelphia that I didn't end getting in to for some reason. I know they could not perform due to a broken jaw and thought that it led to their break-up.

New My Morning Jacket,

It's a little heavier live (I think). I was kinda underwhelmed with both of the new songs they played at OBH2. I just can't listen to new stuff like that and really get it.

Here's another one: Only Memories. Quality blows, but you can get the gist. Kinda like MMJ covering the The Band covering Pink Floyd.

I've tempered my excitement for the next two releases. If they give us 3 - 4 good live jam songs out of both albums, I will be content.

ETA:

Totally forgot about this one too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually have to be in the right mood for more electronicy stuff... but right now the new Dan Deacon, Gliss Riffer, is turning my crank in a good way. it's a good indie-electronic thing... a bit like tom vek or LCD Soundystem (the paradigm for me).

Modest Mouse to have a second new album as soon as "legally" (contractually?) allowed.

Speaking to hmv.com in an interview to be published tomorrow (March 10th), frontman Isaac Brook about the band's plans he said: "I’m pretty far along with the next one as it is. I went in to making this one with two records in mind."

Then asked when that record would come out, Brock added: "It’ll be released as quickly as it’s legally allowed to be. It’s a partner to this one."

I usually have to be in the right mood for more electronicy stuff... but right now the new Dan Deacon, Gliss Riffer, is turning my crank in a good way. it's a good indie-electronic thing... a bit like tom vek or LCD Soundystem (the paradigm for me).
Dan Deacon's past work is really good, if you are new to him, check it out.

Been listening to all of Modest Mouse - Strangers to Ourselves since it leaked last weekend. So good. 15 songs, mostly great - 'Pistol' is jarring absolutely nothing like anything they've ever done.

Honestly I just blacklisted it and the album flows so much better.

Favorites gotta be Ansel, The Ground Walks with Time in a Box, Pups to Dust, The Tortoise and the Tourist, and Of Course We Know

Been listening to all of Modest Mouse - Strangers to Ourselves since it leaked last weekend. So good. 15 songs, mostly great - 'Pistol' is jarring absolutely nothing like anything they've ever done.

Favorites gotta be Ansel, The Ground Walks with Time in a Box, Pups to Dust, The Tortoise and the Tourist, and Of Course We Know
Nice to hear you like it. I missed the leak so I'll have to wait until Tuesday. :excited: Since I like all 5 of the officially released songs, I have high expectations. That Pistol song seems to be polarizing. I read some reviews that it's terrible and some others mentioning it's a stand out track.

Overall, I think it's a decent album, but I think Pistol is awful.

Just picked up Tobias Jesso Jr's album "Goon" and after two listens, it's my album of the year so far. Reminds me a lot of Nilsson.

I'm 7 listens in to AWOLNATION-Run (Clean version)

I'm more of a song guy than an album guy. 7 songs are top-notch, 7 are okay. The family is mostly in agreement - we all like about half the songs, though we don't totally agree on which songs.

I'm more of a song guy than an album guy. 7 songs are top-notch, 7 are okay. The family is mostly in agreement - we all like about half the songs, though we don't totally agree on which songs.
I like a few more than half, but some are definitely a bit odd. Just like the last album, though, a few brilliant songs. Hollow Moon and Jailbreak really stand out.

I like a few more than half, but some are definitely a bit odd. Just like the last album, though, a few brilliant songs. Hollow Moon and Jailbreak really stand out.
The family likes Jailbreak, it sounds like Sail 2 to me.

Kookseverywhere might be my favorite.

ericttspikes said:
I was a fan of Houndmouth's debut, and their new one "Little Neon Limelight" is just as good if not better.
It's really good, despite a song named Otis.

I just performed a little surgery on the album, cutting out the two voicemails and a screamy part at the end of a couple songs. Rocks even more now - this is a really good album. With the surgery, I'm up to 8 great songs, and the others aren't bad.

The family likes Jailbreak, it sounds like Sail 2 to me.

Kookseverywhere might be my favorite.
Todd Andrews alias?

Smallpools - Lovetap! Has some very fun songs on it. Rocked out to "Dreaming" a couple times today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread