What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best car for 30's single guy (1 Viewer)

Dodge Challenger with the biggest motor you can get for your price range
That would be dumb..

I'd go with Audi A5 or BMW M3. I was looking at the Audi A5's before I decided on a mustang. Love them in white.
Agree. I drove the A5 (and S5) and loved both. The only hangup for me was the interior was kind of clunky / poorly designed. The iphone / ipod connector was a joke. The sunroof basically isn't a sunroof in that it cracks open like a quarter of an inch.

Need to drive an M3.

Mini Cooper S hardtop, tricked out. Most fun car I've ever driven, great gas mileage to boot. And you'll still have like $20k left in your pocket.
That's funny #### right there! A ####### mini! I saw 30s, single... I missed the gay part.
Guys who are 30's and single have to quit worrying about what dudes think.
I'm just messing, but damn man. What about what the girl/woman will think when you pull up in that clown car?
My current wife loved it enough to eventually marry me. It's not yellow or bight blue with a white top or anything, it's all black (roof and interior included). Fun as a go-kart to drive, plenty of pep. It's a manual, so I taught a few ladies to drive a stick with it as well.

Mini Cooper S hardtop, tricked out. Most fun car I've ever driven, great gas mileage to boot. And you'll still have like $20k left in your pocket.
That's funny #### right there! A ####### mini! I saw 30s, single... I missed the gay part.
I'm just messing, but damn man. What about what the girl/woman will think when you pull up in that clown car?
I know several women that love the Mini. So I am thinking they will think it's cool.
They also think a VW Beetle is cool. Not sure they'd want their man driving one, though.
Well to be fair I have been out of the game for awhile. But when I was in the game I was getting laid while driving a 1975 4 door Nova. I don't think women worry as much about cars as guys think they do.
I was a lot better looking when I drove my convertible Vette than I was in my Ford Ranger. I was married at the time, so it didn't help me not get laid, but women notice your car.
Oh yeah I'd agree with that. But then again a lot of women make a judgement about guys that drive Corvettes and Porches that isn't too charitable.
So then, wouldn't a "mini" be the total opposite? Just saying....

I just downgraded a 2010 A6 3.0T (300hp with supercharger) for a 2011 VW Jetta TDI. The switch is saving me over $400/mo in car payment and gas, so I just had to do it. The diesel Jetta has nearly all the same stuff as the Audi, at least the things I need and want (BT, SD Card media, iPod hookup). I'm getting 46mpg on my work commute.

The A6 was nothing but trouble. Brought it into the dealer at least 10 times in 2 years. Nothing major, but a lot of little stuff kept failing. Rear camera, homelink garage opener, engine light going on, trunk seal failed...

It was a hell of a nice car though, incredible acceleration with the supercharger, and you can get one for under $30K now.

Single guy in your 30s, I'd probably go S4 instead of A6. A6 is a big car, very long.

Last edited by a moderator:
I drive a mini, love it. I'm not gay. I feel a Miata, which many here have suggested, is a much gayer car.
Miata is THE gay car. I assumed the ones mentioning a miata in this thread were kidding.

Mini not so much gay as just tiny. I have heard they were fun to drive, but like you say, go kart fun. They just don't seem like a viable car for a grown man. Especially a single guy in his 30s that needs a respectable ride.

A guy shouldn't care what a woman thinks about what he drives, but a lot of single women do judge- big giant trucks, minivan, SUV, corvettes, BMW, Benz, Prius, etc - they all have a certain preconceived stigma...

I drive a mini, love it. I'm not gay. I feel a Miata, which many here have suggested, is a much gayer car.
Miata is THE gay car. I assumed the ones mentioning a miata in this thread were kidding.

Mini not so much gay as just tiny. I have heard they were fun to drive, but like you say, go kart fun. They just don't seem like a viable car for a grown man. Especially a single guy in his 30s that needs a respectable ride.

A guy shouldn't care what a woman thinks about what he drives, but a lot of single women do judge- big giant trucks, minivan, SUV, corvettes, BMW, Benz, Prius, etc - they all have a certain preconceived stigma...
Another reason why Audi is good. Impress them with a car they probably don't know as well. Doesn't have the pre-conceived stuff like BMW and MB.

And I feel the Mini (at least an S Turbo model and not a really "colorful" one) has the preconceived notion of being a very fun car, without any "compensation" stigma. Like I said, I absolutely love mine. I bought it when I was single, but didn't do it at all for what women might think. I honestly thought it was a reasonably priced car, with great gas mileage, that's extremely fun to drive - and customizable so it's not like every other car on the road. They are British in heritage, and German built (made by BMW) - so I get the best of both worlds, right?

It isn't the car if you need to carry more than 2 people, though. For me, my wife, and our two dogs (lay the back seats flat, plenty of room for them) it's great, and fun. Life is too short to not have a fun ride.

Another reason why Audi is good. Impress them with a car they probably don't know as well. Doesn't have the pre-conceived stuff like BMW and MB.
Agree totally. If I had to buy a 4 door car today, I'd take a long look at the Audi lineup. Had an A4 years ago and really enjoyed it. Also, not really for the single guy, but for a family man their wagon is one of the nicest looking ones on the market today I think.

*edit* they apparently don't make the A4 wagon anymore. Oh well.

I know several women that love the Mini. So I am thinking they will think it's cool.
They also think a VW Beetle is cool. Not sure they'd want their man driving one, though.
Well to be fair I have been out of the game for awhile. But when I was in the game I was getting laid while driving a 1975 4 door Nova. I don't think women worry as much about cars as guys think they do.
I was a lot better looking when I drove my convertible Vette than I was in my Ford Ranger. I was married at the time, so it didn't help me not get laid, but women notice your car.
Oh yeah I'd agree with that. But then again a lot of women make a judgement about guys that drive Corvettes and Porches that isn't too charitable.
So then, wouldn't a "mini" be the total opposite? Just saying....
Well I don't have a problem with the Mini. And btw the people suggesting the Miata are making an joke based on a recent thread I think.

Agree totally. If I had to buy a 4 door car today, I'd take a long look at the Audi lineup. Had an A4 years ago and really enjoyed it. Also, not really for the single guy, but for a family man their wagon is one of the nicest looking ones on the market today I think.*edit* they apparently don't make the A4 wagon anymore. Oh well.
I love Audis.

A few years ago I had a new 2004 Cadillac CTS - 255 hp, fun to drive, Cadillac was getting all kind of awards for the CTS. This guy from Spain I worked with was giving me crap before a meeting with a lot of people in the room about my grandpa car, American crap, etc... I said "Pedro, you drive a station wagon! "He drove an A4 wagon.

He shut up.

I'll vote for a slightly used Porsche Cayman S. Lots of them out there with low miles. Fabulous car to drive. Don't get it if you need space though. It holds you and the passenger of your choice.

Joe T said:
What's the best car for a guy who is in his 30's and single?

Let's set the limit at 45k. (Can go 50k if necessary.)
Audi S5 or Range Rover...buy used

How about not being a typical moron and buy a $30,000 car and invest the rest so you won't be relying on the government when you turn 60?

Get an Infiniti G37s coupe used, model year 2011-2013. It's now the Q60 for the 2014 model year.

I have nothing but good things to say about this car. The looks, ride, interior, seats, engine, drivetrain, quality, everything is excellent.

Get an Infiniti G37s coupe used, model year 2011-2013. It's now the Q60 for the 2014 model year.

I have nothing but good things to say about this car. The looks, ride, interior, seats, engine, drivetrain, quality, everything is excellent.
I had a G35 for several years. Got it when it first came out in late 2002. I'll second that the G35/37's are great cars.

I find it hysterical that y'all think this dude has 55K cash. This will be financed.

Another reason to go with the miata

Unless you have $1m+ cash (I don't), it's stupid not to finance at least a portion of it given rates are ~1%.

I have no notebook so was unaware that joe t was Chet jr

And the shark move is to get a sweet used car, pay it in full.

I've seen JoeT in a Cadillac yelling out the window "put a helmet on, #####" to a ##### that wasn't wearing a helmet while biking down the street. True story.

"You meet a lot of ladies driving an Xterra, because you pull up to a stoplight, and look over and there's an Xterra next to you. They're always driven by chicks, so there's your icebreaker." Andy Bernard

Two clear options for me, as I recently left this wonderful decade of life.

If we are talking new car less than 50k, it's clearly then Infiniti G37s (next years model will be a ner generation and nomenclature, fwiw) coupe.

Best combination of performance (very good and handling was excellent, just a bit too heavy) and luxury (nice but not on par with the German cars IMO). Fun as hell. Chicks LOVED it. You get mad compliments from random people, valets and it's honestly not an expensive car. Fully loaded prob just under 50 now I'd imagine but can be had nicely equipped 40-45 new. Leases well also.

Btw, if you get this car and get an automatic transmission, your guy card is removed and you are no longer eligible.

If you aren't a sports car guy, get a Jeep. Just awesome and fun for everything especially things you do in your thirties. But chicks and people in general fawn over the Infiniti if you want the wow factor. :shrug:

I disagree with the whole you should finance thing. If you can pay cash you should. Long term loans on a depreciating asset isn't a good use of money.

Paging Guster...
:lmao: :lmao:It's still possible to have heterosexual intercourse in a mini, it's just a bit of a challenge :thumbup:
I'll go to bat in a Mini S :pickle:

Paging Guster...
:lmao: :lmao:It's still possible to have heterosexual intercourse in a mini, it's just a bit of a challenge :thumbup:
I'll go to bat in a Mini S :pickle:
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread