What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best song titled with a woman's first name (1 Viewer)

Ignoramus said:
:penalty:

Women's Name
I'm not dumb, but I can't understand this.
"Lola" is a song written by Ray Davies and performed by The Kinks. The song details a romantic encounter between a young man and a possible transvestite or transgender person he meets in a club in Soho, London, with the narrator describing his confusion towards a person named Lola who "walked like a woman and talked like a man".
Really?
:lol:
Even though the Lola in the song is a guy, I say count it because Lola is still a girl's name

Kathleen - Josh Ritter

Annie's Song - John Denver

Dreamboat Annie - Heart

Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies (I like their version best)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls-

In October 2012, "Iris" was ranked number one on Billboard's "Top 100 Pop Songs 1992-2012" chart, which ranked the top songs of the first 20 years of the Mainstream Top 40/Pop Songs chart. The list also featured the Goo Goo Dolls' hits "Slide", ranking at number nine, and "Name" at number 24. The Goo Goo Dolls are the only musicians to have three songs on the list, two breaking the top 10 and all three falling within the top 25. They are also the only musicians that have back to back singles (Iris, 1998 and Slide, 1999) featured on the list.[5]

Users who are viewing this thread