What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Better touchdown celebration in 1997 (1 Viewer)

Which is the better touchdown celebration?

• Barry Sanders -- hand the ball to the ref

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrell Davis -- salute your teammates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thesurfshop19

Footballguy
Who had the better celebration campaign in 1997?

I personally liked the Mile High Salute better than the "hand the ball to the ref" stuff. It's fairly understated, but it acknowledges teammates and brings guys like Howard Griffith into the moment and gets him TV time on SportsCenter.

Act like you've been there before and will be there again. Just hand the ball to the ref. :thumbup:
:thumbdown: The last thing you should do!Dance your ### off because its entertaining, and you never know when you will have your last play! :football:

Mile High Salute ranks as one of the worst TD celebrations I've ever seen.
:goodposting: Everybody gave Kelen Winslow crap for saying he was a soldier back at UM, so I don't see how you can look at this different. Saluting is something soldiers do, and football players are far from soldiers.

I like the lambo leap.

I like to see a guy show a little emotion when they score. CJ, SS, TO are all way to rehearsed and cheesy. Guys work so hard to score a TD I don't want to see a guy score and show no emotion whatsoever. It makes them seem aloof. Jump into the stands, pump your fist in the air, spike the ball over the goal post. Act like you've been there before, but act like you actually enjoy being there too.

Barry's celebration was better than Terrell Davis, but Chad Jackson's, Terrell Owen's and Joe Horn's celebrations are all better than Barry's for the pure entertainment standpoint that most of America enjoys.

Mile High Salute ranks as one of the worst TD celebrations I've ever seen.
:goodposting: Everybody gave Kelen Winslow crap for saying he was a soldier back at UM, so I don't see how you can look at this different. Saluting is something soldiers do, and football players are far from soldiers.
As Foosball said right after your post, Mike Anderson did it when he scored TDs. Most people don't take this level of offense to it -- using battle as a metaphor doesn't mean that anyone literally thinks they're a soldier.Anyway, maybe the salute was lame, but I think it's way cooler that the Broncos got the team involved in celebrating TDs (of course, now team celebrations are banned) rather than the "hand the ball to the ref" which, thanks to a lot of you guys, gets more "look at me" exposure than simply celebrating with teammates.

Barry's celebration was better than Terrell Davis, but Chad Jackson's, Terrell Owen's and Joe Horn's celebrations are all better than Barry's for the pure entertainment standpoint that most of America enjoys.
:excited:

Users who are viewing this thread