What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BIG NAME PLAYERS ON THE MOVE (1 Viewer)

Purpulhippo999

Footballguy
So many high profile guys are being shopped...where do you think these guys are gonna go?Daunte Culpepper - Arizona/reunited with Dennis Green perhaps?Ty Law - will the Jets really cut him?John Abraham - actually played 16 games and had a great season...doesn't really want to go to the JetsShaun Alexander - looking to sign probably the richest contract in NFL historySteve McNair - will probably re-sign with the TitansTerrell Owens - DEFENITELY will be cut by the Eagles...will he go to the Cowboys, Broncos, Falcons? The possibilities are endless

Daunte's not going anywhere. What are they going to do, go with 37-year-old Brad Johnson? Bring in a different, aging, sub-par vet? Draft a rookie and start over?Why would they ever do that?Daunte has had his issues both on and off the field, and now he's hurt, but he's going to be their guy.

i think CPep stays put,i think they want to see what kind of magic Childress can work. McNair might have to possible re-structure to stay. SA stays put and w/ Parcells signing an extension TO goes to Dallas where he can strut on the mid-field star anytime he wants to.

Plus you can't trade an injured player. Daunte is going to be out of action well into the regular season next year.

Eric Moulds won't be back with Buffalo -- could fit very nicely on a team like the Eagles...

I know the Skins will be looking to add a pass rusher and Abraham might fit that need. That being said, he comes off as being quite the selfish player and might not fit into a "Gibbs-type" of guy. Would love to add his pass rushing ability to the DL though.- Isnt Darren Howard basically done with the Saints as well?

Eric Moulds won't be back with Buffalo -- could fit very nicely on a team like the Eagles...
Moulds will be a nice addition for a certain team IMO. Another guy I wouldn't mind the Skins looking at. He'd be a nice compliment to Santana Moss and it would allow David Patten to shift inside to the #3 WR where he's better suited.

So many high profile guys are being shopped...where do you think these guys are gonna go?Shaun Alexander - looking to sign probably the richest contract in NFL history
Not a chance. Will he get good money? Probably. Richest contract ever? Not even close.

David Carr goes to the Raiders for a bunch of draft picks, and Vince Young gets the keys to the Texans. :o
The Texans should give Carr AND the draft picks if the want the Raiders to take him.

I know the Skins will be looking to add a pass rusher and Abraham might fit that need. That being said, he comes off as being quite the selfish player and might not fit into a "Gibbs-type" of guy. Would love to add his pass rushing ability to the DL though.

- Isnt Darren Howard basically done with the Saints as well?
What about Lavar Arrington?

C.Woodson done in Oak. AFC west players seem to stay in the division quite a bit and come back to haunt their NEW teams. K.C. gets Glass Joe to play 6 games a season for them for the next 3 years. Between him and Surtain the Chiefs sport the oldest CB tandem in two years and claim to be on their way to rebuilding their D.

So many high profile guys are being shopped...where do you think these guys are gonna go?

Shaun Alexander - looking to sign probably the richest contract in NFL history
Not a chance. Will he get good money? Probably. Richest contract ever? Not even close.
:goodposting:

Do you guys think a team will pony up the dough for David Givens.I'm a season tix holder of the 3 time champs and I really hope he stays. Just wondering if any team actually pays him big $$$.

Do you guys think a team will pony up the dough for David Givens.

I'm a season tix holder of the 3 time champs and I really hope he stays.

Just wondering if any team actually pays him big $$$.
He would make a great number 2 WR ahead of an aging Amani Toomer.

Edge and Reggie Wayne

Do the Colts re-sign only one or both?
IMO Wayne will be looking to do a Peerless Price and get #1 money elsewhere after being a solid 2nd WR in Indy.With a pretty poor FA WR class, he may just get the coin, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the Skins will be looking to add a pass rusher and Abraham might fit that need. That being said, he comes off as being quite the selfish player and might not fit into a "Gibbs-type" of guy. Would love to add his pass rushing ability to the DL though.

- Isnt Darren Howard basically done with the Saints as well?
But hes certainly a Danny Snyder type guy, which means Snyder has heard of him.

Edge and Reggie Wayne

IMO Wayne will be looking to do a Peerless Price and get #1 money elsewhere after being a solid 2nd WR in Indy.With a pretty poor FA WR class, he may just get the coin, too.
Disagree. I think Wayne may think he can be, like ANY #2 or #3 WR out there. But I think he may have learned from the Price incident. He's with a winning team right now. He'll get paid well, if Indy goes after him. And as talked about before the season, the Colts are more inclined to signing Wayne than Edge. Don't think they can afford both after signing Manning and Harrison to big contracts, as well as having to address their young, exciting defensive players...

Edge and Reggie Wayne

Disagree. I think Wayne may think he can be, like ANY #2 or #3 WR out there. But I think he may have learned from the Price incident. He's with a winning team right now. He'll get paid well, if Indy goes after him. And as talked about before the season, the Colts are more inclined to signing Wayne than Edge. Don't think they can afford both after signing Manning and Harrison to big contracts, as well as having to address their young, exciting defensive players...
Colts signed Rhodes to a 4 year deal last year or so

Edge and Reggie Wayne

Going into this year, it seemed more likely that they'd sign Wayne over Edge, but given Edge's huge year, amid a more balanced attack and vast improvement on defense, I would think that Edge may be more essential for the overall team's success. I don't think Rhodes was re-signed with the intent that he'd be the feature back. He filled in nicely a few years ago, but that was a long time ago, and I don't think he's been that good since.All that said, maybe they sign both Edge and Wayne. :shrug:

KC will be in the news with the Priest Holmes deal. Not that 33-year old RBs are great things, but the $$ he is due, and LJ being so good......all those subplots are there for a lengthy soap opera.

KC will be in the news with the Priest Holmes deal. Not that 33-year old RBs are great things, but the $$ he is due, and LJ being so good......all those subplots are there for a lengthy soap opera.
Doesn't Vermeil's retirement just push Holmes into retirement too? I just assumed he's done.

Plus you can't trade an injured player. Daunte is going to be out of action well into the regular season next year.
What could you get in return for Daunte anyway? Maybe a second? No one would part with a second for Edge or Alexander, I doubt they would for C-Pepp either. Childress will teach Daunte how to be a QB and a professional, same way he did McNabb. New Coach, new system, less turmoil= big season for Daunte next year in my opinion.McNair IS sticking around, Lienart will be there to watch and learn. McNair retires next season, Lienart is the new QB. Works out nice....as long as New Orleans takes Young.

Owens is more than likely going to Dallas. Everyone can hate Dallas all they want but bringing TO into the fold makes them an instant Super Bowl contender. (They might be without him anyway) I am not speaking of the turmoil that would follow the next season when TO demands the new stadium to be named after him, but for one season, I gaurantee he plays nice.

SA is getting old. I cant see anyone paying him what he wants and he stays in Seattle for a cap friendly deal. I know he had a great season and everything but the miles are adding up and people know that.

Abraham will be dealt. The Jets are going to strip that team and build for the future. They can't win with that team so they mine as well get something for him.

ESPN is reporting right now that the Texans WILL enter contract negotiations with Bush as soon as he officially declares for the draft. They are also in negotiations with Carr on his bonus. Bad move in my opinion for a team with so many holes. Kubiak will probably end up being the coach there and he will rework the offensive line scheme and make things easier on Carr and DD/Bush. It has been proven over and over that a team needs two strong backs, this will work to the Texans favor. Split Bush out wide and have DD in the back field will scare the hell out of defenses. Put Bush in the back field and they are going to stack the line, opening up the offense for Carr. Bush and DD keep each other healthy. Makes some sense.

Edge should stay put. I think he has a good thing there in Indy but I know he is greedy and will probably be headed elsewhere. I have heard over and over again that he wants to go to Miami, that won't happen but Jacksonville is pretty close.....

Reggie Wayne should restructure or renegotiate or whatever he needs to do to stay there. He is a good receiver but will never have the same numbers as a number one getting double teamed. JMHO. I think he is much better than Price but not nearly as good as a number 1 guy.

I think the Cardinals resign Kurt Warner and get themselves a good running back and build up the offensive line. Kurt Warner wasn't the problem. The receivers had great seasons, something has to be said for that, someone had to throw them the ball.

Just my few cents. Take that and .55 and you can get yourself a can of soda. :thumbup:

Doesn't Vermeil's retirement just push Holmes into retirement too? I just assumed he's done.
I don't agree with that at all. Holmes comes back and Holmes contributes. The roles will be completely reversed in KC. LJ is the starter/ Holmes is the reliever. That makes too much sense. Holmes would be the best third down back in history and it will prolong his career for a few years.....kind of like Jerome Bettis. This team will be a super bowl contender next season. Holmes has to know that and he has to know this is the only way to continue his career. Herm Edwards, unlike Vermeil, has no loyalty to Holmes. LJ is a beast and if he, and the offensive line, stay healthy, he will have well over 2.000 yards next year.When is KC going to get a backup/future replacement for T. Green?

I don't agree with that at all. Holmes comes back and Holmes contributes. The roles will be completely reversed in KC. LJ is the starter/ Holmes is the reliever. That makes too much sense. Holmes would be the best third down back in history and it will prolong his career for a few years.....kind of like Jerome Bettis. This team will be a super bowl contender next season. Holmes has to know that and he has to know this is the only way to continue his career. Herm Edwards, unlike Vermeil, has no loyalty to Holmes. LJ is a beast and if he, and the offensive line, stay healthy, he will have well over 2.000 yards next year.When is KC going to get a backup/future replacement for T. Green?
Not going to happen, IMO...Holmes had an injury to his spinal cord. Regardless of what they said pubblicly, they put him on IR in a hurry, which indicates to me that it was serious. Preist is a smart man, he can see the writing on the wall with what LJ accomplished in 2005...he essentially has NO role with the Chiefs even if he's silly enough to try a comeback. The more carries LJ gets, the better he becomes...KC can play it smart PR wise if Preist insists on trying a comeback, all they have to say is that their team doctors won't pass him in a physical. Honestly, I don't see Preist playing at all again, but if he does, KC won't be paying him millions to carry the ball 5 times a game.

KC will be in the news with the Priest Holmes deal.  Not that 33-year old RBs are great things, but the $$ he is due, and LJ being so good......all those subplots are there for a lengthy soap opera.
Not going to happen, IMO...Holmes had an injury to his spinal cord. Regardless of what they said pubblicly, they put him on IR in a hurry, which indicates to me that it was serious. Preist is a smart man, he can see the writing on the wall with what LJ accomplished in 2005...he essentially has NO role with the Chiefs even if he's silly enough to try a comeback. The more carries LJ gets, the better he becomes...KC can play it smart PR wise if Preist insists on trying a comeback, all they have to say is that their team doctors won't pass him in a physical. Honestly, I don't see Preist playing at all again, but if he does, KC won't be paying him millions to carry the ball 5 times a game.
I think the biggest concern with the Priest situation is the cap. KC is reportedly 28 million over next year's projected cap. I don't think they can afford to keep him.

How's the market place for NFL RB's going to value Priest if the Chiefs decide not to retain his services and he gets medical clearance sufficient to make him marketable?

Users who are viewing this thread