What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bills Chargers TV (1 Viewer)

The nfl kind of sucks
This stuff along with trying to cram the games in Europe down our throats are so unnecessary. Don't they make enough money? Just put the games on the normal way and stop screwing over the average viewer for some extra dollars.
Again, those of us with streaming and not cable can finally watch a game not in YouTube (which has been a good option if you paid for it)

You guys realize you need to subscribe to PRIME to watch all the Thu games too, right?

Where's the outrage there?
I pay for prime and get the nfl as a bonus, I’m also getting a season

This is 1(or 2) off deal, this game was not a dog in September but it is now. No doubt they’ll. Get a turd of a playoff game.

If you don’t like things, don’t support them with dollars. I can make alternate plans to see these games

If you don’t have Peacock & want to watch the game, you can get reimbursed for the 5.99 basic plan (premium) for 3 months if you have an AMEX card…so essentially free.

Just go to offers (I did it on the app) & accept. There’ll be two Peacock offers to choose from (the other is for the annual plan).
Thank you so much for this information. Just signed up and got the app installed on my TVs. Was not going to pay for it but basically free works and I was already not happy about missing a playoff game next month. If you have an Amex card I believe you need to claim the offer before purchasing the Peacock plan.

You guys realize you need to subscribe to PRIME to watch all the Thu games too, right?

Well first of all, I already have Prime. And the reason I have it is because we get lots of other non-football, non-streaming benefits. And even in football terms, you get a season’s worth of games. With Peacock, you have to subscribe just to watch one or two games. It’s an infinitely worse deal.

That said, I’m not outraged. I get why they’re doing it. I think it’s dumb to do it for a a playoff game, and I won’t subscribe unless it’s the Lions
Well that's you. What about all the people that don't pay for PRIME for other reasons.

Plus you only have to subscribe to Peacock for one month and cancel if you really wanna watch the game. PRIME is much more expensive especially if you are only interested in the NFL games.

What’s with the outrage over peacock showing this game? I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this was known a long time ago.
I dunno, times are a-changin. People just have to get used to it or not see the games I guess. I have peacock, never use it but think we got some good deal on it. If it was a game I wanted to see bad enough the 5 or 6 dollars wouldn’t deter me.
I want this business model to fail more than I want to watch one game. It's not 5 dollars it's the support of these subscription traps that deters me.
How is it a trap? Either you get value out of it and you keep it or you don't. I subscribe to many services I use and if peacock were another I’d pay the going rate for it.

On its face, 5 dollars for an nfl game seems crazy because we are used to getting them for free (kinda, you’re still paying, we are just all accustomed to the cable model) but we’ll go see a 90 minute movie and pay 30 bucks for it. I guess I just don’t really see the difference.
This is a test case for a business model where you pay subscription and watch ads.

It was profitable for them to make people get Amazon. Amazon already has a huge subscriber base but they got new subscriptions and kept people from canceling subscriptions. It also got people to subscribe for prime ahead of the holidays so they are more likely to shop on Amazon for Christmas. So Amazon didn't need a huge jump in subscriptions to justify the business model.

Peacock is their next test. If enough people subscribe, they'll do it again. It doesn't even need to be profitable if they think they can get more people next year - especially if they get two games instead of one. If they don't get the numbers, they will negotiate a slightly higher price from the network stations.

We like free network TV because it's free. We like streaming services because they don't have ads. They want to have ads on streaming services.

We like only needing one streaming service. They want you to get prime YouTube peacock and nfl network or nfl plus.

They like subscription services because they know a huge portion of them won't remember to cancel right away.

This is how consumers voice their dissatisfaction. You sound like you're happy with the model but I know they can easily do better. I'll gladly miss a game to get a better long term customer experience.

We like free network TV because it's free. We like streaming services because they don't have ads. They want to have ads on streaming services.
Unless you’re able to get good reception with an antenna, network tv isn’t free.

I like paying about the price of a cup of coffee a month for a few streaming services (each) and don’t mind ads if it saves a nice chunk.

I’m not a fan of having to have multiple services just to watch the games but I don’t need to watch every game :shrug: This way there are more people able to watch a game or two.

Well first of all, I already have Prime. And the reason I have it is because we get lots of other non-football, non-streaming benefits. And even in football terms, you get a season’s worth of games. With Peacock, you have to subscribe just to watch one or two games. It’s an infinitely worse deal.

That said, I’m not outraged. I get why they’re doing it. I think it’s dumb to do it for a a playoff game, and I won’t subscribe unless it’s the Lions
Well that's you. What about all the people that don't pay for PRIME for other reasons.

Plus you only have to subscribe to Peacock for one month and cancel if you really wanna watch the game. PRIME is much more expensive especially if you are only interested in the NFL games.
OK fine, you win. I’m outraged. Or were you arguing that I shouldn’t be outraged? I forget at this point.

(FYI, AP has an estimated 167M subscribers in the US. Peacock has 28M. If you’re wondering why people are angrier about Peacock’s exclusive than they are about TNF, there’s your answer)

You either already have Peacock or don’t have it & must decide if you want to pay $6 for the game tonight & one WC game (or use some kind of “coupon” to get it for free).

Tons of people already have Peacock, either by paying for it or getting some kind of perk via a credit card, etc. Others will have temporary free access like me. A small percentage of people will forget to cancel for awhile. Some will like what they offer & keep it.

If you’re trying to make a point, ok, but not forking over the doe or not using free access won’t change anything.

Last edited:
Game Sat night is only available if you subscribe to Peacock? Wow! And I hear NFL doing same for one wildcard playoff game!
Oh noes!

4th quarter will be commercial free apparently. Because everyone wants to get the chargers season over with as quickly as possible.
So no tv timeouts? That’s the best part of it
I heard the timeouts will be there as usual, just that ads won't be played during those timeouts.
Which means a lot of peacock promos. ESPN+ did the same thing last night in the hockey game.

Football's become an American pastime and it's supposed to be one of those things that brings us all together. When you start making it were only a select few can watch, or if you prefer a few unfortunate people who can't, you start losing that.

Boxing was never as popular as football is today but at one point it might have been more popular then football was, it captured the imagination of fans more then it does today without a doubt. The greedy NFL owners would do well to study what happens to a sport when you start having to pay to watch the games.

Lastly I was sore I missed the Falcons and Jaguars London game which was only available on Disney. Sore because I've been paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket for 24 years. In those 24 years I never once so much as considered not renewing the NFL package but I am leaning on not renewing next year. In part out of my own personal little protest, but also because I always used to think if I had the Sunday Ticket I knew I could watch any game I ever wanted, that I'd never have to miss a game I wanted to see. That's just not the case any longer and now I feel like I'm losing value on a product which costs increase annually.

Oh, one more thing, similar to the Amazon Thursday night broadcast the game will re-air on NFLN at 11 pm CST. I'm pretty big on watching games that are not live, may not be your thing, but if you can live with it throw in a Christmas move or do something else tonight, stay off your phone and internet, and at 11pm CST just tune and watch like it's live to you and you wont have to hassle over Paramount.

I do not subscribe to Peacock,I will not subscribe to it to get this game.
The NFL can go s#!t in their hat
I won't either. Who other than Bills fans will want to watch this game? Don't care if I miss a wild card game either. I will not give another penny to that piece of crap Goodell
And the NFL has the stipulation that such games must be offered to a local station of the 2 teams playing.
Plus they can get the Canadian feed along the border, so they are set. Just dumb as baes probably won’t sign up on Peacock for this game.

Football's become an American pastime and it's supposed to be one of those things that brings us all together. When you start making it were only a select few can watch, or if you prefer a few unfortunate people who can't, you start losing that.

Boxing was never as popular as football is today but at one point it might have been more popular then football was, it captured the imagination of fans more then it does today without a doubt. The greedy NFL owners would do well to study what happens to a sport when you start having to pay to watch the games.

Lastly I was sore I missed the Falcons and Jaguars London game which was only available on Disney. Sore because I've been paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket for 24 years. In those 24 years I never once so much as considered not renewing the NFL package but I am leaning on not renewing next year. In part out of my own personal little protest, but also because I always used to think if I had the Sunday Ticket I knew I could watch any game I ever wanted, that I'd never have to miss a game I wanted to see. That's just not the case any longer and now I feel like I'm losing value on a product which costs increase annually.

Oh, one more thing, similar to the Amazon Thursday night broadcast the game will re-air on NFLN at 11 pm CST. I'm pretty big on watching games that are not live, may not be your thing, but if you can live with it throw in a Christmas move or do something else tonight, stay off your phone and internet, and at 11pm CST just tune and watch like it's live to you and you wont have to hassle over Paramount.
Agree with this. I’m not offended, and the NFL can do whatever it wants with its broadcasts, but I don’t think it’s a smart business move. I think it will get them some short-term cash but with a longer-term cost if they continue to put more and more games behind a paywall

If you don’t have Peacock & want to watch the game, you can get reimbursed for the 5.99 basic plan (premium) for 3 months if you have an AMEX card…so essentially free.

Just go to offers (I did it on the app) & accept. There’ll be two Peacock offers to choose from (the other is for the annual plan).

eye-pee-tee-vee.

up yers, rog.
It's crazy to me they don't show the games on regular sports networks/cable. In Canada even the amazon/peacock/etc games are all broadcast as normal, on the major sports networks.

I have Peacock already for EPL and I constantly churn through the various subscription services, plus I get a lot of them either free or get rebates from credit cards. I don’t find it all that hard but that’s because I’m really into it. I feel bad for people like my dad (basically those who are older/not tech savvy). There’s no way he can (or wants to) try and figure all that out.

the NFL has the stipulation that such games must be offered to a local station of the 2 teams playing.
I remember when the NFL used to do things like black out home games if they weren't sold out, so I guess this is fair at least to fans of the 2 teams playing.
Until the early 1970s, all home games were blacked out whether or not they were sold out. It took a threat from congress for the NFL to change that policy.

I’m not a Sunday Ticket subscriber, but I was surprised these games aren’t included in that package. If I paid to get every one of a team’s games, I’d be annoyed to find I had to pay extra for one of them

I’m not a Sunday Ticket subscriber, but I was surprised these games aren’t included in that package. If I paid to get every one of a team’s games, I’d be annoyed to find I had to pay extra for one of them
SUNDAY ticket
Wow, I admittedly know nothing about ST, so I never realized it is specifically limited to Sunday games on CBS/Fox affiliates. I just assumed you were joking

SUNDAY ticket
Wow, I admittedly know nothing about ST, so I never realized it is specifically limited to Sunday games on CBS/Fox affiliates. I just assumed you were joking
Lmao

It's bad enough that they put games on all these different pay networks, but the fact it's not included in the NFL ticket subscription is outrageous!!

Yes there will a wildcard playoff game exclusively on Peacock,hasn't been announced yet which on it will be
Um, how could they possibly have announced that yet?
Because each game is numbered and the seeds that are playing are slotted into those games.
Of course they don't know the teams that are playing,but they know which seeds are matched up and which game they are playing in
Are you sure? My understanding is that they choose the games once that matchups are known. For example, I would bet any amount of money that you will never see Cowboys or Chiefs on the Peacock game, regardless of what “slot” they’re in. It will be something like Jags-Browns or Texans-Bengals.

Even before there were streaming exclusives, there was a reason the crappiest matchup always ended up being played on Saturday at 4:30
But the playoff seedings are known.
#1 gets a bye
#2 plays #7
#3 plays #6
#4 plays #5
Sure they'll put the better matchups in a more prime viewing period once the teams are slotted into the seed numbers.
Not sure what we’re arguing about. Of course the seedings are known. But there’s no way anyone at the league office or at Peacock knows which game they’ll get, not even in terms of whether it will be the AFC 3-6 game or the NFC 4-5. Nothing’s been decided, so of course they haven’t announced anything yet. That was my point
According to NFL.com Peacock will get a wildcard game on Saturday January 13 at 4:30pm.
Sorry misread it. They get the 8:00pm primetime game on January 13th.
So now I not only have to pay $5.99 for a playoff game I also have to listen to Collingsworth. No and No WAY!

What’s with the outrage over peacock showing this game? I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this was known a long time ago.
I dunno, times are a-changin. People just have to get used to it or not see the games I guess. I have peacock, never use it but think we got some good deal on it. If it was a game I wanted to see bad enough the 5 or 6 dollars wouldn’t deter me.
I want this business model to fail more than I want to watch one game. It's not 5 dollars it's the support of these subscription traps that deters me.
Many of us prefer the a la carte style of streaming services to cable.
Okay, so give me a la carte. Don't make me sign up for Sunday Ticket or YouTube -- just sell me the games I want to see.

Don't want to do that? Fine. Sell me your games as a single package. I'll cut you a check to watch whatever games I want, like Sunday Ticket.

The NFL is doing neither of these. That's why some of us are irritated.

Yes there will a wildcard playoff game exclusively on Peacock,hasn't been announced yet which on it will be
Because each game is numbered and the seeds that are playing are slotted into those games.
Of course they don't know the teams that are playing,but they know which seeds are matched up and which game they are playing in
Are you sure? My understanding is that they choose the games once that matchups are known. For example, I would bet any amount of money that you will never see Cowboys or Chiefs on the Peacock game, regardless of what “slot” they’re in. It will be something like Jags-Browns or Texans-Bengals.

Even before there were streaming exclusives, there was a reason the crappiest matchup always ended up being played on Saturday at 4:30
#1 gets a bye
#2 plays #7
#3 plays #6
#4 plays #5
Sure they'll put the better matchups in a more prime viewing period once the teams are slotted into the seed numbers.
Not sure what we’re arguing about. Of course the seedings are known. But there’s no way anyone at the league office or at Peacock knows which game they’ll get, not even in terms of whether it will be the AFC 3-6 game or the NFC 4-5. Nothing’s been decided, so of course they haven’t announced anything yet. That was my point
According to NFL.com Peacock will get a wildcard game on Saturday January 13 at 4:30pm.
So now I not only have to pay $5.99 for a playoff game I also have to listen to Collingsworth. No and No WAY!
I’m actually surprised by that. I would have assumed they would bury the Peacock game in the worst slot (Sat afternoon). But I guess it’s consistent with what they did yesterday

#1 gets a bye
#2 plays #7
#3 plays #6
#4 plays #5
I’m actually surprised by that. I would have assumed they would bury the Peacock game in the worst slot (Sat afternoon). But I guess it’s consistent with what they did yesterday
Agree and wish it were so,but a friend told me they announced it during the game last night

It's bad enough that they put games on all these different pay networks, but the fact it's not included in the NFL ticket subscription is outrageous!!
This is basically where I am. Sunday Ticket should include every game, period. I understand the contractual obligations the NFL has to its broadcast partners, but that's not my problem. My problem is wanting to buy the product that the NFL is trying very hard not to sell me.

Okay, so give me a la carte. Don't make me sign up for Sunday Ticket or YouTube -- just sell me the games I want to see.

Don't want to do that? Fine. Sell me your games as a single package. I'll cut you a check to watch whatever games I want, like Sunday Ticket.

The NFL is doing neither of these. That's why some of us are irritated
I get it, we should all stop watching until they do what each of us wants. I’ve already stopped watching and paying attention to the other major league sports.

The NFL is doing neither of these. That's why some of us are irritated
I get it, we should all stop watching until they do what each of us wants. I’ve already stopped watching and paying attention to the other major league sports.
Yes, that was exactly my argument. Everyone should stop watching everything until each of us is individually catered to. I was having a hard time finding exactly the right words to express myself, so thank you for your accurate summary.

Users who are viewing this thread