What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (2 Viewers)

fwiw, i have taken small positions in the following low cap, micro caps over the past 10-12 days:

ecomi, covalent, dexkit, near, verasity, nimiq, and OCTOPUS.
The quote is part of my early july data point I'm referencing to see how I'm doing with all these alts. I was moving out of all the stable coin I had. it's just a blurb from the long TKing post that netted me 9+ eth after dumping my eth for other alts. 

omi is down 20% ish and I want to cost average. still confident in their deals with marvel and dc. the nft community is on fire, just no price appreciation.

ops went up 800% that day then crashed to 50% down and is back to even.

dexkit got sold for something else at a 3% loss.

nim is even

near +168% and 33% today - sweet

cov +245% on a very steady rise

vra +200% on a roll atm, and the biggest bag of the bunch. omi 2nd, near 3rd. 

So maybe over diversification isn't so bad. I hit 3 out of 7, but such big hits the group is way up. if i just bought 2 omi the loser was absolutely one of them. 

I'm sharing this because it's the shortest version of something "maybe important" I see from my teenytiny sample of one. 

I'm working on that list of 15 too @KGB. Considering a transition to several liquidity pools cuz they are easiest to manage. Locked up like Hex is kind of comforting.

I'm sharing this because it's the shortest version of something "maybe important" I see from my teenytiny sample of one. 
This is my observation on the homerun swings I did. My first thinking was to dig through 1000+ to -3000 market cap projects for busy active communities building something that might moon. FEG was the big purchase. It's been awful, but I am committed through September. The UI for their dex is friggin er chicken awesome. VXV was another and it's done well. But all the others have tanked. I'm 1 out of 9 in that range. 

On the other hand, twitter news led me to a dozen in the 100+ to -800 range. Only omi is down. 8 are 100% to 350% winners. All but 1 has outpaced btc. So the message for me is forget the ultra microcaps. Seek projects that have some foundation, some success, are little proven and or lots of support in the community.

On the other other hand, Cake and Metahero are my biggest wins and I got them both at presale, before they were listed anywhere. Just sayin'.

This is my observation on the homerun swings I did. My first thinking was to dig through 1000+ to -3000 market cap projects for busy active communities building something that might moon. FEG was the big purchase. It's been awful, but I am committed through September. The UI for their dex is friggin er chicken awesome. VXV was another and it's done well. But all the others have tanked. I'm 1 out of 9 in that range. 

On the other hand, twitter news led me to a dozen in the 100+ to -800 range. Only omi is down. 8 are 100% to 350% winners. All but 1 has outpaced btc. So the message for me is forget the ultra microcaps. Seek projects that have some foundation, some success, are little proven and or lots of support in the community.

On the other other hand, Cake and Metahero are my biggest wins and I got them both at presale, before they were listed anywhere. Just sayin'.
Whoa.  You cracked the code.   :thumbup:

I'm starting to realized you gotta be tapped into Twitter, Discord, Telegram to get the goods on the early stuff.  It's a full time job, but one I wouldn't mind doing a couple hours a day for a bit.  I'll pass along anything I see in the PtE gaming space.  I just bought some $SFUND although it's been on a huge run lately so I'm going to wait for a pullback to have a more sizable position.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa.  You cracked the code.   :thumbup:

I'm starting to realized you gotta be tapped into Twitter, Discord, Telegram to get the goods on the early stuff.  It's a full time job, but one I wouldn't mind doing a couple hours a day for a bit.  I'll pass along anything I see in the PtE gaming space.  I just bought some $SFUND although it's been on a huge run lately so I'm going to wait for a pullback to have a more sizable position.  
Btw, ILV fits perfectly into the category that is doing so well for me. Binamon might be worth a look for you. It's one of the gaming tokens in my 401k that just took off on the news it's being listed on two central exchanges. I bought before the news this time. One of the exchanges will be Binance -BINamon - BINance. 

Btw, ILV fits perfectly into the category that is doing so well for me. Binamon might be worth a look for you. It's one of the gaming tokens in my 401k that just took off on the news it's being listed on two central exchanges. I bought before the news this time. One of the exchanges will be Binance -BINamon - BINance. 
Yeah...I just staked another $5K more of the ILV-ETH pool in Sushi.  Picked up another chunk of SFUND this morning.  

If buying today...

ADA, ACH, or ALGO?
The reason I asked is because, I bought ACH at like 12c.  alot of it.

And I was pissed and thinking of moving it.  

I ended up just keeping the ACH and looks like were about back to even.

Im going to reread the respnses and decide where to put more money though.  

Thank you to all that gave advice.

Pisses me off most of these are not on coinbase.  SO, I guess, we have to use metamask, etc to buy them.

:frustrated:

ericttspikes said:
I saw on Twitter WAXP is listed on Binance. Crazy that alone would double it up, but assuming that is why. 
I mentioned just this week that it happens quite often. WAX was not on my extensive list of almost 200 twitter follows or I might have caught it. Getting listed on CoinBase or Binance pumps price in most cases. New Listings on Kraken, KuCoin, FTX, BitFinax are more hit and miss but they can pump a project too.

Binamon is being listed on *Binance and something else in a few days. It already pumped quite a bit. Currently recovering from a post pump big dip. Not advice, dyor, ymmv etc. 

If you want to trade, both the announcement day of a pending cex listing and the day it happens on any of the above CEXs seems like quality information. 

*I am predicting Binamon listing on Binance. I could be wrong. In their announcement they said for legal reasons they couldn't name the two cexs listing them. As these announcements go this was premature. I haven't seen a project touting a listing two three weeks out before.

Binamon is being listed on *Binance and something else in a few days. It already pumped quite a bit. Currently recovering from a post pump big dip. Not advice, dyor, ymmv etc. 

*I am predicting Binamon listing on Binance.
When I search on metamask, I get BNB.

What did you use to buy Binamon and what is the ticker?

r

COINBASE

When you go to portfolio

It doesnt tell you what % you are up or down.  Am i missing something?

When I search on metamask, I get BNB.

What did you use to buy Binamon and what is the ticker?

r
Pancake (V2). It's BMON. And you have to add it to the exchange. It's paired to BNB and BUSD so you have to convert something to one of them in the amount of BMON you want. Or buy one of them with fiat. And since BMON is BEP20 and Metamask is ERC20, you have to choose wBNB for the swap. Cake converts it automatically, just choose it in the dropdown or roll with BUSD. Got it? Easy peezy. :)  

Haha. I know DEXs are like a foreign language at first but the process above is sort of universal to all DEXs and it becomes second nature after a half dozen uses. Metamask is great but TrustWallet is always easier for Binance projects. It's only mobile and I prefer desktop apps, so I use both.

You can always search a ticker on CMC. Scroll down to active markets. It will show you the available CEXs and DEXs with clickable links to send you straight to the purchase page. Or, if you know you need to use CAKE, search it on cmc, and click on markets. BMON's pairs are #4 and #8 at the moment. It's on fire.

Also, if you're going to support decentralized finance, and I think you should, learning to negotiate the above is kind of key at this point in the game. They will get much more easier in the very near future. Also owning utility tokens helps a ton. TWT the utility token for TrustWallet makes my fees miniscule. Owning Cake if using Cake's DEX does the same.

Pancake (V2). It's BMON. And you have to add it to the exchange. It's paired to BNB and BUSD so you have to convert something to one of them in the amount of BMON you want. Or buy one of them with fiat. And since BMON is BEP20 and Metamask is ERC20, you have to choose wBNB for the swap. Cake converts it automatically, just choose it in the dropdown or roll with BUSD. Got it? Easy peezy. :)  

Haha. I know DEXs are like a foreign language at first but the process above is sort of universal to all DEXs and it becomes second nature after a half dozen uses. Metamask is great but TrustWallet is always easier for Binance projects. It's only mobile and I prefer desktop apps, so I use both.

You can always search a ticker on CMC. Scroll down to active markets. It will show you the available CEXs and DEXs with clickable links to send you straight to the purchase page. Or, if you know you need to use CAKE, search it on cmc, and click on markets. BMON's pairs are #4 and #8 at the moment. It's on fire.

Also, if you're going to support decentralized finance, and I think you should, learning to negotiate the above is kind of key at this point in the game. They will get much more easier in the very near future. Also owning utility tokens helps a ton. TWT the utility token for TrustWallet makes my fees miniscule. Owning Cake if using Cake's DEX does the same.
:D Feel like im bacvk to day 1 of HEX.

PM sent

Not surprisingly, BTC is failing its first run at $50K.  Normal rest period after a huge run or was this all just a big bull trap on our way down to $20K?  Only time will tell but prepare for both.

Not surprisingly, BTC is failing its first run at $50K.  Normal rest period after a huge run or was this all just a big bull trap on our way down to $20K?  Only time will tell but prepare for both.
 Yeah, I am expecting crazy volatility this year. All's quiet atm, but I doubt big banking has given up. The leading financial body for the EU released some anti-crypto nonsense awhile back and I think a Warren-like attack is coming soon. We'll see. 

This is the type of tweet that I look for. I already own NIM. Defi fiat onramps are big news. OFFRAMPS the holy grail that can really disrupt traditional banking and the CEXs. I really want both to happen. Go NIM go.

Cost averaging.

Cashing out 20K in Robinhood to move to metamask
Was thinking about spreading it around to some ideas in here.  My HEX guy still likes hex (what a surprise) 

Thinking ill go 10K FBG and add another 10K to hex.

I'm also going to type out my procedure for buying HEX since its a bit tougher then just going on coinbase and clicking BUY NOW.

But, I really think some big bucks are buying these the hard way, then if/when they get listed in an easy form to buy, they may boom even more.  Since the 99% of people who cant do it the hard way will get access.

I need to start spreading out into other cryptos.  Currently use Paypal for BTC and ETH, Robinhood for Doge, and that's all I'm in.  Looking into MetaMask now.  Any others I should be looking at (trying to catch up on the last 10+ pages here)?

I need to start spreading out into other cryptos.  Currently use Paypal for BTC and ETH, Robinhood for Doge, and that's all I'm in.  Looking into MetaMask now.  Any others I should be looking at (trying to catch up on the last 10+ pages here)?
Large caps most likely to be around in 5 years - ADA, SOL, DOT, LINK

Midcaps - THETA, COMP, ENJ

Moonshots - ILV, SFUND, CARDS, VPP, DERC, PDEX

Strongly recommend doing your own research before buying.  

Large caps most likely to be around in 5 years - ADA, SOL, DOT, LINK

Midcaps - THETA, COMP, ENJ

Moonshots - ILV, SFUND, CARDS, VPP, DERC, PDEX

Strongly recommend doing your own research before buying.  
Absolutely.  I play around enough in the stock thread and put all the risk and blame on myself for any losers. 

Is there one platform/app that can be used to buy all of these lesser known cryptos?  Assuming you can't get all of these on HOOD.  

Absolutely.  I play around enough in the stock thread and put all the risk and blame on myself for any losers. 

Is there one platform/app that can be used to buy all of these lesser known cryptos?  Assuming you can't get all of these on HOOD.  
The short answer is no, unfortunately.  For the bigger cap options, I recommend Binance.US.  Second is Kucoin which has a lot of smaller coin options that Binance doesn't carry.  Once you get beyond that, you'll need to use the decentralized exchanges like Pancakeswap (on the Binance Smart Chain) and Sushiswap/Uniswap (on Ethereum).  That will require you to move funds into a wallet like Metamask or Trustwallet and pay gas fees, so it's a whole other level of complexity and cost.  It's intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it it's not anything difficult.    

The short answer is no, unfortunately.  For the bigger cap options, I recommend Binance.US.  Second is Kucoin which has a lot of smaller coin options that Binance doesn't carry.  Once you get beyond that, you'll need to use the decentralized exchanges like Pancakeswap (on the Binance Smart Chain) and Sushiswap/Uniswap (on Ethereum).  That will require you to move funds into a wallet like Metamask or Trustwallet and pay gas fees, so it's a whole other level of complexity and cost.  It's intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it it's not anything difficult.    
I plan on making a cheatsheet on how to use metamask/uniswap and I think you will be able to get most/all using the sheet.

Waiting for my money to come through, so I can buy some HEX, but all the steps should be the same except picking a different coin on the last step.

Either CC, would love for feedback after I post it.

I've been down a rabbit hole of NFTs and I think my head is going to explode.  There's really no rhyme or reason to why a lot of this stuff is blowing up.  The worst part is that Alex Becker dropped a hint on one collection last week when the floor price was only $60.  I looked at it and it was nothing but a subpar 15 year old photography collection to me.  Me, along with many others, passed.  The floor price is now $21,000.  Dumb.  

I've been down a rabbit hole of NFTs and I think my head is going to explode.  There's really no rhyme or reason to why a lot of this stuff is blowing up.  The worst part is that Alex Becker dropped a hint on one collection last week when the floor price was only $60.  I looked at it and it was nothing but a subpar 15 year old photography collection to me.  Me, along with many others, passed.  The floor price is now $21,000.  Dumb.  
It's just crazy. I've never been a gamer or a collector. Both spaces befuddle me. My kid earned a few cards and tower tokens in the game she's playing, but she's been researching (for me), and says it's dumb to play to earn without earning or minting nfts. She estimates her cards tokens and end of month bonus will total $200-$400 (the token price action being key). A waste of time for her. Many she's looked into are scams and cash grabs by the developers. She's losing interest, and thinks most of the successful play to earn stories out there are marketing lies. 

She is fascinated by nfts though. Telling me I can turn 10k into 100k if I just go for it. I don't even know how.

I would love to figure this out, but I honestly have no clue.  I think the concept of NFT's is HUGE.  But I have 0% skill/acumen in determining present/future value.  The stuff with the rock?  I mean...I just must be old.  Maybe it's because anything minted now will be the first artifacts of a new digital age projecting out hundreds of years.  But, I'm at a loss.  Wish I wasn't.

It's just crazy. I've never been a gamer or a collector. Both spaces befuddle me. My kid earned a few cards and tower tokens in the game she's playing, but she's been researching (for me), and says it's dumb to play to earn without earning or minting nfts. She estimates her cards tokens and end of month bonus will total $200-$400 (the token price action being key). A waste of time for her. Many she's looked into are scams and cash grabs by the developers. She's losing interest, and thinks most of the successful play to earn stories out there are marketing lies. 

She is fascinated by nfts though. Telling me I can turn 10k into 100k if I just go for it. I don't even know how.
If you follow people like Garyvee or JRNY Crypto, they act like there's some sort of science to it.  The only science is hearing what everyone else is buying and trying to get in early.  Following Alex Becker is the best way I know how to get in early on stuff.  He dumps trade ideas on his followers constantly, and many of them do really well. 

One fundamental reason why the Cryptopunks are so huge is that they were the first NFT project released on ETH back in 2017.  Another project that is even older is called My Curio Cards.  MCC   They're starting to lift off in price and a full set of cards is scheduled for auction on Christies on October 1.  I'm actually thinking of buying one if we get a pullback in price in the next couple of weeks. 

Well, I just plunked $3,700 down on this NFT.  Cryptofighters

She's a gen 0 of one of the first play-to-earn games developed on ETH back in 2018.  Hopefully the market wave lifts her to stupid levels.  If not, I won't say anything to the wife.  

Solana.  :wub:
Beasting. I dumped some near $80 thinking we were at a short term top.  Now I'm thinking this still has plenty of room to run.  3X to get to ADA's market cap and 10X to get to ETHs.  

Meanwhile, ETH gas fees are abysmal.  The NFT market is choking out the little guy and leaving only the rich to participate. 

As Dirty said about ADA, if the SOL platform is successful, I envision a 13 or even 14 digit market cap.  

Beasting. I dumped some near $80 thinking we were at a short term top.  Now I'm thinking this still has plenty of room to run.  3X to get to ADA's market cap and 10X to get to ETHs.  

Meanwhile, ETH gas fees are abysmal.  The NFT market is choking out the little guy and leaving only the rich to participate. 

As Dirty said about ADA, if the SOL platform is successful, I envision a 13 or even 14 digit market cap.  
ETH Fee are crazy.  Will be interesting to see if PULSE can take a piece of it.

How To Hex Stake

1.       Get google authenticator.  Sign up for Metamask

2.       Wire xfer from bank to coinbase  (shows as US DOLLAR)

3.       Go to eth, click overview

4.       Selct PAY WITH CASH on right side

5.       Buy now

6.       Click wallet tab

7.       Right side send all.

8.       In meatamask, click account 1 to copy address

9.       Paste into to field  continue> send now

10.   Now you have ETH in Meatmask…

11.   Go to uniswamp.org

12.   Connect and choose HEX

13.   For dollar amount choose $200 less than xfer.

14.   Click swap and connect to metamask

15.   Go to go.hex.com

16.   Go to stake tab

17.   Select max on left side.  See how much you have.

18.   Then choose how much for your first stake.

Let me know if Im missing anything

Added more $$$ to my HEX.  only 30 day stake (which I dont recommend) until I figure out how long I Want to send it out.

I would love to figure this out, but I honestly have no clue.  I think the concept of NFT's is HUGE.  But I have 0% skill/acumen in determining present/future value.  The stuff with the rock?  I mean...I just must be old.  Maybe it's because anything minted now will be the first artifacts of a new digital age projecting out hundreds of years.  But, I'm at a loss.  Wish I wasn't.
Dude, NFTs are like crypto's version of crack.  Highly addicting.  Seriously, once you start, you don't want to stop.  

Within a week, standard crypto investing seems boring to me.  

ETA - Here are some tidbits I've picked up along the way.

- You want to be in projects that have a large community - a large community equals excitement.

- Twitter is absolutely the spot to be researching this stuff.  Follow people like garyvee and DCLBlogger to get a sense of what's hot.  Then start participate in a project's Discord.

- stay away from minting your own NFT.  You'd be competing with the uber rich who don't mind paying $1-5K in gas fees during the public mints.  Much better to buy on the secondary market.

- the rarer the item in a collection, the more valuable.  A tool to help determine an items rarity is here

- find newer projects that have some buzz and a large community.  the "upcoming" tab on rarity tools is good for this.  That's how I found out about the Al Cabones project.

KGB said:
Added more $$$ to my HEX.  only 30 day stake (which I dont recommend) until I figure out how long I Want to send it out.
Why don't you recommend?  Have you ever tried to sell HEX?  A big concern for many is how much volume can actually be realized at the current price since so little of it trades.  I'm curious if you've dealt with slippage.

Why don't you recommend?  Have you ever tried to sell HEX?  A big concern for many is how much volume can actually be realized at the current price since so little of it trades.  I'm curious if you've dealt with slippage.

I've been trying to wrap my head around how HEX has any utility long term. I can't really see any.

From my understanding everyone is just playing a game of chicken. It's just a matter of when the first big whale decides that they've made enough even with the penalty to cash out. Then everyone will have to have race to cash out right? 

I've been trying to wrap my head around how HEX has any utility long term. I can't really see any.

From my understanding everyone is just playing a game of chicken. It's just a matter of when the first big whale decides that they've made enough even with the penalty to cash out. Then everyone will have to have race to cash out right? 
Richard Heart pretty much says as much although he argues that pertains to any crypto.  There's truth to that, but it's a false equivalence to suggest an exit of 5% of the ownership would affect HEX the same as it would many other coins.  As long as net flows are positive, everything is fine.  It's when people are looking to cash out that things could get real ugly. 

Users who are viewing this thread