What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bought my wife a Peloton for her birthday (2 Viewers)

Buy her a Peloton.

It's the cheapest way out of your predicament.
But, seriously, my predicament will only continue if that thing turns into a clothes' hanger before the end of the year.
It's so much easier to jump on the Peloton than go to the gym for someone with a crazy busy schedule (which you probably have if you have kids), and the metrics/social aspects of the Peloton might be more likely to grab her attention than a cheaper alternative. Everyone is different, obviously, but the Peloton has been a game changing experience for me.
I appreciate the response. Can you kindly explain what you mean in bold?
There are workout metrics (output, heart rate, etc.), incentives Peloton uses to game-ify the experience (e.g., awards for time spent working out), leaderboards, workout groups you can join, riders can give each other virtual high-fives, etc. Some people find that some combination of these features helps motivate them and I'm not sure to what extent they are available in alternative bikes.

Edit: there's an Amazon prime day deal on the bikes - $1095 right now which is a pretty good price for one of these things.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Zow
Buy her a Peloton.

But, seriously, my predicament will only continue if that thing turns into a clothes' hanger before the end of the year.
It's so much easier to jump on the Peloton than go to the gym for someone with a crazy busy schedule (which you probably have if you have kids), and the metrics/social aspects of the Peloton might be more likely to grab her attention than a cheaper alternative. Everyone is different, obviously, but the Peloton has been a game changing experience for me.
I appreciate the response. Can you kindly explain what you mean in bold?
There are workout metrics (output, heart rate, etc.), incentives Peloton uses to game-ify the experience (e.g., awards for time spent working out), leaderboards, workout groups you can join, riders can give each other virtual high-fives, etc. Some people find that some combination of these features helps motivate them and I'm not sure to what extent they are available in alternative bikes.

Edit: there's an Amazon prime day deal on the bikes - $1095 right now which is a pretty good price for one of these things.
That's exactly what she's looking at.

Buy her a Peloton.

This makes sense. Perhaps I can negotiate with her to reduce one of the gym memberships or something.

I wish I could give her the benefit of the doubt, but I know my wife well enough that I doubt we get value out of this potential purchase. And this is on top of a massive house project that she claims we need to save for. There's only so many hours per day I can bill...

You can always find time for a 20 minute ride, and when you have more time, take a longer ride.

It's a great piece of engineering. I have 1,000+ rides on it and I love it.

Well, got home, apologized for the scoff, and she conceded it was too much and, on her own accord, told me she bought the same echelon I had planned to propose haha.

Well, got home, apologized for the scoff, and she conceded it was too much and, on her own accord, told me she bought the same echelon I had planned to propose haha.
Like these? Front page of slickdeals, so maybe a deal if this is what you're looking at.

Reactions: Zow
Just rented a Bike+. Waivered back and forth forever but excited to get it and start getting some rides in. The gamification and connection to the Apple Health ecosystem hopefully is the kick in the pants and motivation I need to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread