What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bradford Down With Knee Injury (1 Viewer)

LMF

Footballguy
Bradford went down with a knee injury. Looking for updates as they come out. In the middle of a slow draft as I'm sure a lot of people are right now so just wanted to get the word out. I've been searching since it happens and these is what I have seem.

- His face showed he was in considerable pain.

- He walked off under his own power very gingerly.

- He walked himself to the locker room.

- It's the same knee (left) he hurt against Seattle last year that left him out for the year.

Shefter just tweeted not an ACL re-injury. More tests Sunday.

"team dodged a bullet" per tweet

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm seeing reports on twitter "sam bradford is fine. no damage to the ACL. will be examined again tomorrow. Trumaine could be out all yr."

i'm seeing reports on twitter "sam bradford is fine. no damage to the ACL. will be examined again tomorrow. Trumaine could be out all yr."
Everything from reliable sources say the initial tests were inconclusive, didn't reveal ACL damage. More tests tomorrow. While that is a good sign, it's not conclusive.

Shaun Hill is capable, certainly >>>>>> Kellen Clemens. But Bradford has a much higher likely ceiling. How high of a ceiling is up for debate, but Hill is probably only "capable".

Brian Quick on Bradford's injury: "I was a little nervous about it but everything is all right. Sam told me that he is OK."

— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) August 24, 2014

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Bradford will undergo an MRI on Sunday after initial tests were inconclusive, and Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he was "very optimistic" about Bradford's pending diagnosis.

If Bradford can stay healthy, he's going to have a monster year. He finally has an o-line and weapons. Quick and Britt look like beasts. Both are 6'4 220 lbs and are just what Sam needs. Cook looks good too. 3 big, strong targets.

Got an offer out for Tavon right now that I'm probably going to pull
too early.
How so?
Because Austin played pretty well when Bradford was out for the season. You pulled the offer too early.
Not really. He disappeared almost the whole season after Bradford went down other than a few really big plays when they started using him differently. I don't think those plays had anything to do with Bradford being out. When Bradford was healthy he was at least forcing him the ball short.

Not sure I was thrilled with the offer anyways so it was a no-brainer to pull it until we know what's up with Bradford.

Offer was R. Mathews and M. Lee for Rice/Pierce and Austin.

Got an offer out for Tavon right now that I'm probably going to pull
too early.
How so?
Because Austin played pretty well when Bradford was out for the season. You pulled the offer too early.
Not really. He disappeared almost the whole season after Bradford went down other than a few really big plays when they started using him differently. I don't think those plays had anything to do with Bradford being out. When Bradford was healthy he was at least forcing him the ball short.

Not sure I was thrilled with the offer anyways so it was a no-brainer to pull it until we know what's up with Bradford.

Offer was R. Mathews and M. Lee for Rice/Pierce and Austin.
I'm sorry man. I wasn't referencing any facts. Just turning the knife with Bradford fans.

If Bradford can stay healthy, he's going to have a monster year. He finally has an o-line and weapons. Quick and Britt look like beasts. Both are 6'4 220 lbs and are just what Sam needs. Cook looks good too. 3 big, strong targets.
Don't forget Stedman Bailey. He is out the first four weeks, but he has had a helluva summer, too.

Don't forget Stedman Bailey. He is out the first four weeks, but he has had a helluva summer, too.
Indeed. Tavon will have his role too. They will be tough to stop. Sam and the o-line just need to stay healthy, for once. Loaded with talent.

Stedman Bailey

Week 1 - 1 rec 24 yds 0TDs

Week 2 - 2 rec 28 yds 0TDs

Week 3 - 1 rec 9 yds 0TDs

Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Rams have "real concern" Sam Bradford re-tore his left ACL in Saturday's preseason game.
Initial tests suggested the ligament was intact, but there is now "real concern that it is not," Schefter reports. Schefter and colleague Chris Mortensen are tight with Jeff Fisher, so we'd take anything they say about the Rams quite seriously. If Bradford is indeed lost for the year, the Rams would turn to Shaun Hill as their starting quarterback and continue to ride the run game.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Aug 24 - 2:15 PM

Stedman Bailey

Week 1 - 1 rec 24 yds 0TDs

Week 2 - 2 rec 28 yds 0TDs

Week 3 - 1 rec 9 yds 0TDs
There are obvious reasons they didn't feature him heavily in the passing game as they were getting ready for the season, but the "helluva summer" comment stems from the glowing reports all during the OTA's, and from both Bradford and Fisher about how he emerged as Sam's absolute go-to guy, and how far ahead he was of the other receivers on the team in terms of grasp of the offense, precision of route running, and time-after-time playmaking.

Discount if you wish -- probably smart in light of the latest Bradford setback -- but don't write it off based on the preseason statlines. He's still got to prove it to fantasy players on the field, but by all accounts, he didn't have to prove anything to Fisher et al during these preseason games.

Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Rams have "real concern" Sam Bradford re-tore his left ACL in Saturday's preseason game.
Initial tests suggested the ligament was intact, but there is now "real concern that it is not," Schefter reports. Schefter and colleague Chris Mortensen are tight with Jeff Fisher, so we'd take anything they say about the Rams quite seriously. If Bradford is indeed lost for the year, the Rams would turn to Shaun Hill as their starting quarterback and continue to ride the run game.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Aug 24 - 2:15 PM
That's not good. It didn't look good, very minor collision to have to fall down to the turf and go to the locker room. I'm not picking on Bradford but he just may not be made for long in the NFL. His contract was through the moon when he entered the league(no fault of his) and it just has not been all that good to this point. He had a tremendous OL and rarely was sacked in college, he does not look mobile at all in the modern NFL.

The D-lineman came in and hit Sam awkwardly and Sam's knee seemed to be hyperextended backwards. Unfortunately it was the one he just had surgery on.

Mort reported on Twitter it is an ACL year, Bradford is out for the year.
As I said in the other thread, #### being a Rams fan. So ### #### tired of the disappointment.
At least you have a Super Bowl within your lifetime. Not very helpful right now but yea.
Outside of the Super Bowl Era that lasted all of three seasons, being a Rams fan means you have to wrap yourself in the cloak of humiliation for the other seasons.

He should play with a brace and consider no ACL.

There have been many NFL players to do this before the surgery became popular in the 80s. There are some great articles on a Panthers CB that played his whole career without either and some of these articles list other NFL players that played without.

Sam doesn't run and his career probably can't handle sitting this year.

I can't think of that player's name....the CB.

Elway played a bunch of his career without an ACL and he ran way more than Sam.

Isn't Hines Ward the college player that played QB without an ACL and was a big discussion during that draft? Bert Emanuel? One of those QBs turned WR types

He should play with a brace and consider no ACL.

There have been many NFL players to do this before the surgery became popular in the 80s. There are some great articles on a Panthers CB that played his whole career without either and some of these articles list other NFL players that played without.

Sam doesn't run and his career probably can't handle sitting this year.
If this was a viable option 2014 don't you think someone would be attempting it?

I don't see how a CB could do that, that's crazy.

Mort reported on Twitter it is an ACL year, Bradford is out for the year.
As I said in the other thread, #### being a Rams fan. So ### #### tired of the disappointment.
At least you have a Super Bowl within your lifetime. Not very helpful right now but yea.
Outside of the Super Bowl Era that lasted all of three seasons, being a Rams fan means you have to wrap yourself in the cloak of humiliation for the other seasons.
Lions fan here so I have absolutely no sympathy for your SB era being only 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread