What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bradford Down With Knee Injury (1 Viewer)

The thing that sucks is, the Rams will win too many games to draft in the top 5 to draft one of top 5 QB's in 2015. So they won't be able to address their QB long term solution unless they pull an RG3 trade. I hate trading picks too.

The thing that sucks is, the Rams will win too many games to draft in the top 5 to draft one of top 5 QB's in 2015. So they won't be able to address their QB long term solution unless they pull an RG3 trade. I hate trading picks too.
To be fair, if you're going to pull an RG3 trade, what better time to do it than after multiple successive years with more than on 1st/2nd round pick, etc.

To be fair, if you're going to pull an RG3 trade, what better time to do it than after multiple successive years with more than on 1st/2nd round pick, etc.
One step forward, two steps backwards. Life as a Rams fan

I'd try and get Matt McGloin real cheap and let him go the whole season at QB. If he doesn't pan out, you grab a QB in the draft.

Let's be clear here, Rams have been an interesting story but they are far from on the cusp of even winning their division(or even coming in 2nd) so let's not act as if a journeyman can just come in and take this team to the Super Bowl or even playoffs. There's work to do. I wouldn't go patting yourselves on the back at any one of the major skill positions on offense yet. I'm not sure with Bradford that the Rams are a playoff team. 3 other teams in that division won 10+ games IIRC.

All that said, Shaun Hill is not a terrible back up QB, you just don't want to have to start him 16 games or any other back up in the NFL for that matter.

Mort reported on Twitter it is an ACL year, Bradford is out for the year.
As I said in the other thread, #### being a Rams fan. So ### #### tired of the disappointment.
At least you have a Super Bowl within your lifetime. Not very helpful right now but yea.
Outside of the Super Bowl Era that lasted all of three seasons, being a Rams fan means you have to wrap yourself in the cloak of humiliation for the other seasons.
Oddly enough, the greatest period of rams football began with a season-ending injury in pre-season to the qb who was expected to do big things.

"We will rally around Kurt warner."

Mort reported on Twitter it is an ACL year, Bradford is out for the year.
As I said in the other thread, #### being a Rams fan. So ### #### tired of the disappointment.
At least you have a Super Bowl within your lifetime. Not very helpful right now but yea.
Outside of the Super Bowl Era that lasted all of three seasons, being a Rams fan means you have to wrap yourself in the cloak of humiliation for the other seasons.
Oddly enough, the greatest period of rams football began with a season-ending injury in pre-season to the qb who was expected to do big things.

"We will rally around Kurt warner."
i picked Warner up off the waiver wire when that happened ...best waiver wire pick up in my FF history

haha. Sam is an elite talent, too bad he can't stay on the field. The Rams have enough talent to win games with Hill or Davis. Power run, play action and dominating D. We have the perfect coach to play this way.
No. He isn't. Sure he's been injured a lot the past few seasons, but even when healthy he's never consistently played at a high level.
He's got a career 59-38 TD/INT ratio despite playing his entire career with absolute garbage at WR. I'd say he was doing something right.
Sure, but doing something right is a far cry from being an elite talent. The term elite gets bandied about way too much these days. There's only like 4 elite qbs in this league and we all pretty much know who they are.

I'm more interested in Austin Davis than I am Shaun Hill or Sam Bradford for that matter. If they go 0-4 or 1-3 in the 1st month I could see them giving this kid a shot. Any thoughts. He's looked good thus far in the preseason granted against lower grade talent but hey...

I'm more interested in Austin Davis than I am Shaun Hill or Sam Bradford for that matter. If they go 0-4 or 1-3 in the 1st month I could see them giving this kid a shot. Any thoughts. He's looked good thus far in the preseason granted against lower grade talent but hey...
I thought he looked really good. He may be limited by his arm but he seemed to have enough to get the job done. All he might need to do is facilitate the playmakers to be a decent option if Hill doesn't work.

I thinking they make a deal for Ponder, former first round pick in last year of rookie contract, and can be had for very little

I thinking they make a deal for Ponder, former first round pick in last year of rookie contract, and can be had for very little
Why would they do that? He stinks.
Right. What was the point of going out to sign one of the best and most experienced backup QBs in the league if you are going to panic and trade for a bust like Ponder that doesn't know the system, has gotten no reps with the offense.

Feel terrible for Sam. I've had ACL surgery and had to do the rehab, couldn't imagine having to do it twice.
How about if you had $78 million?
This is why I feel much, MUCH worse for St. L and their fans. Bradford has a huge contract and the amount of money he has cost them over the years vs. the actual return is dismal. Not that it's entirely Bradford's fault. Obviously 2 ACL surgeries is just bad luck. Still, this is about the worst possible way things could have played out for St. L. Bradford has shown enough to instill confidence that he could be their franchise guy, though never got over the hump. He's been good enough that they couldn't just cut bait with him like Gabbert. It's never fair to live in the "what could have been" world but it's got to be difficult for St. L fans to not wonder how different things might be if they drafted RG3. The bottom line is that he's now missed 31 of 80 games and been paid a kings ransom.

While the first part of your statement at least offers up a discussion point, what would lead you to believe that Fisher will be gone after 3 seasons and turning around what was one of the worst situations in the league? Because his franchise QB went down for a second straight year? HIGHLY unlikely.
Turning around? He's built a nice defense but he hasn't had a winning record since 2008.

Say again:

He hasn't had a winning record since 2008.

So what has he turned around?

He's put together a sweet defense for the next regime.
When Fisher took over the Rams had had the worst 5 yr stretch in the history of the league.

Say again, THE WORST 5 yr stretch in the history of the league. They probably had the least talented roster in the league and are now chalked full of talent. And up until yesterday they were competitive in the toughest division in football and had a decent shot at the playoffs (via the wild card). That my friend is called a turn around.
Agreed. I have never been a big Fisher fan - I always thought he was overrated in Tennessee, mostly because some called him one of the best in the league - but he has done a very nice job with the Rams. He'll get a pass for this year if they struggle, because of Bradford's injury, but at some point all of that talent needs to translate to a winning record.

A person with knowledge of the situation told USA Today there's "no chance" Mark Sanchez would want to reunite with OC Brian Schottenheimer in St. Louis.
Through three preseason games, Sanchez has been excellent in Chip Kelly's offensive system. We've seen him play in Schotty's, and the results weren't pretty. At age 27, Sanchez is content to spend one year as a backup. He can enter free agency next March, and will likely pursue a chance to start.
Can't blame him. After playing in Kelly's exciting offense, why on earth would a QB, even one as mediocre as Sanchez, want to go back to playing in Schottenheimer's predictably dopey offense? Look up where Scottenheimer's offenses have ranked every year he's been an OC. How is still employed as an OC is beyond me.

A person with knowledge of the situation told USA Today there's "no chance" Mark Sanchez would want to reunite with OC Brian Schottenheimer in St. Louis.
Through three preseason games, Sanchez has been excellent in Chip Kelly's offensive system. We've seen him play in Schotty's, and the results weren't pretty. At age 27, Sanchez is content to spend one year as a backup. He can enter free agency next March, and will likely pursue a chance to start.
Seems logical. looked ok in pre-season so far. Sanzhez can easily parlay this a long career.

Why start and be out of the league in 3 years when you can be a backup, do nothing, rake in millions a year and come out perfectly healthy....David Carr.

In this fun who could they sign or trade minimally for, I predict Landry Jones
You must really hate the Rams. First you defend that franchise killer Bradford, then you want to foist the team to sign another garbage QB from the same school.
I love Bradford, no doubt. I took some time and went through a bunch of rosters and am struggling to find anyone other than Ponder. They should, but I don't think the Vikes trade Ponder cheaply nor that he's wortha pick that could yield their future QB.

Yes Jones went to OU and he and Sam are buddies, but being the career big 12 leader in passing yardage, 3rd most in NCAA history...that's going to get him a tryout somewhere.

He hasn't seemed to fit in Pitt since day one and he hasn't done well. He's going to get another look though. Why not the Rams?

Last year, I liked all of Buffalo's young QBs to some degree-taking in rookie (or first year starting) mistakes and all. Maybe one of them.

Most teams (or writers) seem to love so many 3rd string QBs this offseason. When I think it through, I can't see these teams moving their third string or their backup. Titans, for example, I lllllove Mettenberger as do so many thus far. Whis loves Whitehurst so no one there is available. All the love for the third stringers is odd and (for me, in this) messing up the market here.

Feel free to suggest your own fun prediction

If Bradford can stay healthy, he's going to have a monster year. He finally has an o-line and weapons. Quick and Britt look like beasts. Both are 6'4 220 lbs and are just what Sam needs. Cook looks good too. 3 big, strong targets.
Don't forget Stedman Bailey. He is out the first four weeks, but he has had a helluva summer, too.
Stedman Bailey

Week 1 - 1 rec 24 yds 0TDs

Week 2 - 2 rec 28 yds 0TDs

Week 3 - 1 rec 9 yds 0TDs
There are obvious reasons they didn't feature him heavily in the passing game as they were getting ready for the season, but the "helluva summer" comment stems from the glowing reports all during the OTA's, and from both Bradford and Fisher about how he emerged as Sam's absolute go-to guy, and how far ahead he was of the other receivers on the team in terms of grasp of the offense, precision of route running, and time-after-time playmaking.

Discount if you wish -- probably smart in light of the latest Bradford setback -- but don't write it off based on the preseason statlines. He's still got to prove it to fantasy players on the field, but by all accounts, he didn't have to prove anything to Fisher et al during these preseason games.
So you're saying he was dominant during practice sessions, but for some "obvious reason", they didn't feature him during any pre-season games.

Uhhhhhh...... ok.

In this fun who could they sign or trade minimally for, I predict Landry Jones
You must really hate the Rams. First you defend that franchise killer Bradford, then you want to foist the team to sign another garbage QB from the same school.
I love Bradford, no doubt. I took some time and went through a bunch of rosters and am struggling to find anyone other than Ponder. They should, but I don't think the Vikes trade Ponder cheaply nor that he's wortha pick that could yield their future QB.

Yes Jones went to OU and he and Sam are buddies, but being the career big 12 leader in passing yardage, 3rd most in NCAA history...that's going to get him a tryout somewhere.

He hasn't seemed to fit in Pitt since day one and he hasn't done well. He's going to get another look though. Why not the Rams?

Last year, I liked all of Buffalo's young QBs to some degree-taking in rookie (or first year starting) mistakes and all. Maybe one of them.

Most teams (or writers) seem to love so many 3rd string QBs this offseason. When I think it through, I can't see these teams moving their third string or their backup. Titans, for example, I lllllove Mettenberger as do so many thus far. Whis loves Whitehurst so no one there is available. All the love for the third stringers is odd and (for me, in this) messing up the market here.

Feel free to suggest your own fun prediction
See MTS? Almost no QBs cut this year. Odd.

I didn't see your prediction of a QB they could land. Tuel was cut and signed to PS, somehow Jones stayed.

Here's the saving grace for St Louis. Hill spent a lot of times with the 1s while they were easing Bradford back from his original ACL. So Hill has lots of time in with Britt, Quick, Bailey, Austin, Stacy, et al. If the Rams sign a QB at this point, it will be to back up Hill, not to be the starter.

If Bradford can stay healthy, he's going to have a monster year. He finally has an o-line and weapons. Quick and Britt look like beasts. Both are 6'4 220 lbs and are just what Sam needs. Cook looks good too. 3 big, strong targets.
Don't forget Stedman Bailey. He is out the first four weeks, but he has had a helluva summer, too.
Stedman Bailey

Week 1 - 1 rec 24 yds 0TDs

Week 2 - 2 rec 28 yds 0TDs

Week 3 - 1 rec 9 yds 0TDs
There are obvious reasons they didn't feature him heavily in the passing game as they were getting ready for the season, but the "helluva summer" comment stems from the glowing reports all during the OTA's, and from both Bradford and Fisher about how he emerged as Sam's absolute go-to guy, and how far ahead he was of the other receivers on the team in terms of grasp of the offense, precision of route running, and time-after-time playmaking.

Discount if you wish -- probably smart in light of the latest Bradford setback -- but don't write it off based on the preseason statlines. He's still got to prove it to fantasy players on the field, but by all accounts, he didn't have to prove anything to Fisher et al during these preseason games.
So you're saying he was dominant during practice sessions, but for some "obvious reason", they didn't feature him during any pre-season games.

Uhhhhhh...... ok.
:confused:

Yes?

They had to get their starters ready for the start of the season. Bailey isn't eligible for the start of the season.

Junior McSpiffy said:
Here's the saving grace for St Louis. Hill spent a lot of times with the 1s while they were easing Bradford back from his original ACL. So Hill has lots of time in with Britt, Quick, Bailey, Austin, Stacy, et al. If the Rams sign a QB at this point, it will be to back up Hill, not to be the starter.
keenum

Users who are viewing this thread