What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Started Stevie and LaFell and left Anquan and Hartline on the bench. Looks like ill be circling the drain at 1-3.

Nicks hurt, Antonio Brown and Reggie Wayne on bye, so I trotted out Stevie, Rudolph, and Pitta as my 3 WR/TE spots. A combined 3.1 pts out of them, yuck. Going against Roddy only rubs salt into it

1-3 here I come

Lineup decisions killing me this year. Lost last week because I played Gates over Rudolph...finally swapped them, and Rudolph does nothing.

Sat Torrey Smith.

Played LeShoure and Williams, either of whom I could have replaced (and would have if I had known he was starting) with Jackie Battle or Torrey Smith (RB and Flex)

Harvin's not involved at all.

Arizona can't create a turnover.

And yet I have a chance because of Brees and Colston. A VERY SLIM chance.

I could not make this up if I tried. (Start 2 QB league... non-PPR)...

I got 15 points TOTAL between Locker (0), McFadden (3.8), Mathews (8.2), Julio (3) and Pitta (0).

:lmao: :lmao:

And by some miracle, I can still win if Bennett has a decent game.

With Wayne on bye and Nicks injury I'm looking at the end of bench in a few of my leagues for a WR3. Due to Arizona's stingy D I decided to take a shot on Golden Tate rather than Brian Hartline. :yucky: :wall: :cry:

And now Blount steals a goal line TD from Martin. :lmao: :lmao:

If I win this week, it'll be a bloody miracle.

It's currently 55 - 40 in my favour. He has Manning and JPP to play. I have Marshall, Murray and Cowboys DEF

Looking at 0-4 this week unless Martellis Bennett is HUGE.

Up against M. Lynch, R. White, SF Def, P. Manning in various leagues. Whats more sat Cam and Brady for RGIII. :wall:

At least I'm looking at the second highest score of the week in two leagues. :cry:

'Diamond One said:
'cascaa said:
had enough of looking at cutler picked up ponder
Cutler was supposed to be my bye week fill for Big Ben... Cant trust him, so went on the wire and took Kolb today (Ponder not available). We'll see... SD RB Matthews - WTF dude?
Kolb - Holy crap! 314 passing, 3 TD (but 2 INT)... Games is headed into OT too... Eat that, Cutler!Still a WTF for Matthews - glad you got some garbage yardage at the end, but really?

I had just put in Fitzpatrick when I heard the Audible guys specifically advise that he was not a good QB option this week. Threw Romo back in, in his place.

I'll still probably win but if Romo sucks for a 3rd straight week it's Fitz Time all the time from now on.

Down 25. Still have Martellus Bennett and Miles Austin. As an Eagles fan, I'll be rooting for a Giant and a Cowboy. This is what fantasy football does to people.

Anyone else who played Harvin and not the MIN D sick of seeing the Harving for 105yd TD return on the bottom of your screen? :rant:

I play in one league that starts 2 qbs plus a superflex where we can start 3 total qbs. Locker/Sanchez/Ponder got me a total of 6 points and some change. If Locker is out for the year at least I have Hasselbeck stashed and I have an extra roster spot to play with.

Started Hartline and Roberts in one league :bowtie:

Started Wilson, BJGE, and Pitta over Rivers, DWill, and Chandler in another :bag:

all I need now after the Vick TD is for Manning and Bennett to be benched for the second half....or I can just be content with a 1-3 record.

how much longer 'til you guys quit ranking Doug Martin as a RB1?

This guy has been marginal at best. At least you can't screw up his ranking next week

floyd, dmc, graham, rivers, and the guy I was playing had sf def which killed me. this team is 0-4 and beyond redemption

Started Hartline and Roberts in one league :bowtie: Started Wilson, BJGE, and Pitta over Rivers, DWill, and Chandler in another :bag:
I played against Chandler and Roberts among others and now will be 3-1 losing to a once 0-3 team who doubled his scoring average this week (a fellow FBG). My team actually played well. So far, he is the only team who could have beaten me this week. I would have won with a comfortable margin to a huge margin against the other 10 teams in the league. Hate when that happens.

how much longer 'til you guys quit ranking Doug Martin as a RB1?This guy has been marginal at best. At least you can't screw up his ranking next week
:goodposting: I have him in 1 of 3 leagues and he has been just OK. Not bad, just average. I was hoping for more so far and this week almost makes it seem like he is going backwards into a RBBC.

My team was pretty bad for the most part this week, but thanks to fantastic performances by Matt Ryan and Marshawn Lynch, it looks like I'm going to steal a win. It's always nice to win a game when you start a group like Mcfadden (4 points), Vernon (3 points), Stevie Johnson (3 points). Even Percy Harvin had a low scoring game from the standards I've expected, with only 12.

I'm holding a one point lead with my opponent done for the day, after Martellus Bennett had a horrible game. I was sweating Bennett going against Marshall or Murray (I planned to bench one and start the other), since I hated both of their matchups. I am going to start Marshall now, just to hopefully get a few points in case there is a scoring adjustment of some kind. I thought he had less of a chance to get negative points, since a fumble would mean he at least got a point prior to that with a catch.

Also, Brian Hartline went off on my bench, so I'm hoping I can get a nice trade offer from someone for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
good news, bad news, good news, bad news

on various teams i drafted ben or luck...i drafted jay cutler 3 times...i benched jay cutler this week.... on all these teams i backed them up with wilson, ponder, and/or locker.

in my rotisserie league - I'm 20-0 :excited:

Of course I no longer have any Rb's and at some point the wheels will fall off but it's a great start
Week 3 - highest points 3 weeks in a row, now 30-0 :excited: I have an 11 game lead over for the first bye and a 17 game lead for the final playoff spot.

It's going to make not making the playoffs that much more painful....
Still perfect 30-10 .... lowest points this week :bag:

0-11 in 11 fantasy leagues. What are the odds of that? And its not like my teams are terrible, I think my worst week this year was 6-5 so far. Oh well. I should pick up some victory points in half the leagues.

ETA: I've won over 55% of my games this year before this week, the odds of going 0-11 with 55% chance of winning is 1 in 10,000. FML.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started Jamaal Charles the last 2 weeks :pickle:

Highest scoring team in the league by 40 pts :excited:

1-3 :mellow:

Where's that thread about luck and magic football :bag:

About to be 0-4, even though I have Foster, Megatron, Matthews (_supposed_ to be a #1 rb now...), Romo, and 6 players who could be WR2/3 WRs (Torrey Smith, Crabtree, Denarious Moore, Cobb, Ashlon, Hawkins). Even picked up Pitta... who of course scored 0 this week.

I feel like I have a monster team that just isn't performing every week. Week 1 I just got fairly out performed, every other week this team has just done poorly when put all together...

Worst fantasy start ever for me, so came here to vent.. apologies but this looked like the right thread!

I'm up by 10 right now. I have Tony Romo and my oppenent has Dallas D and Dallas Kicker.

I'm 1-2 right now.

I NEED this win....

I dropped Ryan Williams and I feel like a real jerk now knowing that he owns the backfield and he showed some real upside with a nice week 3 performance.

The guy who picked him up started him against me this week. :thumbup: I was very happy to see that he only had 26 rushing yards and one reception for zero yds

Still kinda feeling dumb for dropping him but glad he didn't burn me.

12-6 overall across five leagues; 13-6 if Marshall goes for 89 yards or less tonight... but the one league that matters with the most jellybeans on the line has been going masterfully.

Currently 3-0 as the top scoring team in the league, facing the defending league champion (who is on a 9-game winning streak)... have Miles Austin and a 5.66 point cushion going tonight while they've got DeMarco Murray. That cushion would be enough of a buffer had this scenario played out in Weeks 1-3 and this isn't a great matchup against Da Bears... BUT I'm still anxious.

The last two league champs each started off 4-0 and tonight could be a veritable changing of the guard. Will be alone in outright 1st place out of 16 teams if I can win this showdown. In many ways this is even bigger than my Week 15 semi-final match in last year's playoffs against the same opponent for what this could mean.

Users who are viewing this thread