What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Who's auto-generated list did you follow when you made the championship game over the past five seasons?

If it wasn't FBG's, then what possessed you to change after that much success?

You don't need to actually answer since nobody really gives a #### and I won't even bother to come back to read your continued whining, but just pointing out some things to think about.

Why don't you try watching A damn game? Fbg shot the moon on Lamar miller. But to Anyone with eyes he was dog crap. Did you think fbg anointing him was going to somehow vault him?

Tom Brady is 36, lost his 3 main targets, to be replaced by a piece of china named Danny amendola and a few rookies and you're surprised by a trend down?

I could go on but what's the point. Be accountable

Here's a first. Not only did my bench outscore my starters, my bench is the high scorer in our league so far.

Starters

QB Peyton Manning, Den QB 41
RB Giovani Bernard, Cin RB 8
RB Frank Gore, SF RB 17
WR Demaryius Thomas, Den WR 10
WR Torrey Smith, Bal WR 23
WR Kenbrell Thompkins, NE WR 4
TE Jordan Cameron, Cle TE 6
Flex Terrelle Pryor, Oak QB 21
D/ST Chiefs D/ST D/ST 19
K Garrett Hartley, NO K 16
Total: 165

Bench
QB Tony Romo, Dal QB 49
RB Trent Richardson, Ind RB 8
RB Andre Ellington, Ari RB 13
WR Alshon Jeffery, Chi WR 42
WR Justin Blackmon, Jac WR 35
WR Robert Woods, Buf WR 11
TE Vernon Davis, SF TE P 23
Flex Empty 0
D/ST Titans D/ST D/ST 6
K Empty 0
Total: 187

0-5.

QB: Kaep

RB: AP, Miller, Mendenhall, McGahee, Tate, Ellington

WR: Cobb, Fitz, Gordon, Blackmon

TE: Graham

Thanks, crapbirds.
Wow. I'd buy 1-4 or even 2-3. But 0-5? With that team? No justice, I tell ya.

Oh by the way, depending on what happens tonight, I will likely be a combined 13-2 (possibly 12-3) in my three leagues while adopting a "Wait on RBs" strategy in all three leagues. :pickle:
Kudos to you. RBs have been over-valued for eons. About time people are beginning to diversify and find better values at all the other positions in FF.
Raises hand. I fell for the "running back is deep this year" gimmick. Only just the other day did I think to myself "wait a minute. If Running back is deep, why are these same experts telling me running back gets ugly, quick? How can a position be deep, but get ugly, quick?"

:oldunsure:

The way my draft went, I could've gone Calvin / Graham / Reggie or Sproles / Gore or Murray. Hindsight is 20/20, so I understand that side of this argument, but had I struck out on, say, David Wilson, it's still better than striking out Spiller which is what actually happened to me. If I suddenly rattle off a chain of wins over the next few weeks, then maybe I'll look back and change my mind again. As of right now though, taking 2nd and 3rd tier backs over 1st tier studs just doesn't seem to produce the numbers I'd hoped for.

After 12 or 13 seasons of ff you should be able to put some of your own thought into it by now. If your going to mindlessly follow someone's guesses why even bother playing?

Need 13 points in PPR from Kerley to go 5-0. 3rd highest points this week, but losing right now due to Jeffrey, Arizona D and Prater

Why don't you try watching A damn game? Fbg shot the moon on Lamar miller. But to Anyone with eyes he was dog crap. Did you think fbg anointing him was going to somehow vault him?

Tom Brady is 36, lost his 3 main targets, to be replaced by a piece of china named Danny amendola and a few rookies and you're surprised by a trend down?

I could go on but what's the point. Be accountable
Very :goodposting:

You have to follow preseason closely and do your research in August. I used the FBG rankings too, but tweaked them based on my own observations. In the weeks leading up to the draft, I absorbed everything I could in this forum and in the podcasts, until I arrived at a firm stance on every single player. Do I want this guy, do I not want him, would I reach for him, etc.

I wouldn't say I've reached expert status yet, but one thing I've really started to excel at is avoiding crappy players in drafts. There were a few guys this year that were ranked 1st-4th round players that I completely removed from my cheatsheet. I was wrong about some of them, but the impact was minimal since I ended up with players in the same tier, and I didn't end up drafting any of those guys everyone is now complaining about.

I should have started this post weeks ago. I've actually got a good laugh out of the comments. I'm not sure which is my fav yet ... but "boo ####in hoo" is right up there :doh:

In answer to some of the questions:

"assess the rest of my misery" - Vincent Brown, Kenny Britt, Vick Ballard, Zach Sudfeld, Randy Bullock ... and I'll leave off the IDP's

"scoring" - 6 pts/TD (all), non-ppr, 10 yds rushing/rec per pt ... very standard

"since nobody really gives a #### and I won't even bother to come back to read your continued whining" - I only whined once. Really. Just this one post.

"your team wouldn't happened to be called "Romolicious", would it?" - Romo would be an upgrade, wouldn't he? :thumbup:

"Why don't you try watching A damn game" - what ... preseason games? Gimmee a f'n break ... :angry:

"Of all the unfair barbs launched at FBG, this may be the worst one." - exaggeration of the century. I'm SURE there are much worse.

I only whined once. Really. Just this one post.
Generally I think we can all agree that we don't want the Shark Pool cluttered up with this kind of garbage. There are tens of thousands of FBG subscribers and forum members, and this place would rapidly go to #### if people were allowed to start their own individual threads to whine about their own individual miserable magic football disasters.

But good news - you're special, so you get to start your own thread! Congrats, snowflake!

After being in my Championship game for each of the past 5 seasons, I've started this year 0-5. What went wrong, I asked? I looked back at my draft, and the FBGuys rankings, as generated by the VBD app using my scoring system ...

My draft:

1.09 - Trent Richardson - ranked #3 overall, #3 RB ... a "value pick" at 1.09, right?

2.02 - CJ Spiller - ranked #4 overall, #4 RB ... another "value pick" at 2.02?

3.09 - Brandon Marshall - ranked #32 overall, #6 WR ... yet another "value pick" compared to the rankings.

4.02 - Tom Brady - ranked #49 overall, #5 QB ... a "reach", but "should" be solid. It was him, or Kapernick, at the time.

5.09 - Lamar Miller - ranked #25 overall, #21 RB ... another "value pick" compared to his #25 overall ranking.

6.02 - Antonio Brown - #16 WR

7.09 - Miles Austin - #23 WR

I don't think I need to continue ... friggin' pathetic. Some later picks include Gio Bernarnd, Knowshon Moreno, Danny Woodhead ... and I'm still the lowest scoring team in the league. By a lot.

That should have resulted in a competitive base of a team ... 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex. Instead, it has resulted in my worst team ever. In 13 seasons of playing fantasy football, I've NEVER had a worse team. I've NEVER been 0-5 ... I've rarely ever lost 5 games in a season, let alone the 1st 5 games.

I picked up Rivers to use over Brady ... I can't even trade Brady now. Nobody will take him. I can't get anything for him ... anything. I'm very, very frustrated right now.

I don't know what the point of this post is other than to vent. This team is beyond saving. Nobody will trade for these bums.
So let me get this straight. You put in zero effort on your own and rely on solely of FBG list for your draft. Over six years they got you to 5 championship games. And yet you are complaining. Is this correct?

Generally I think we can all agree that we don't want the Shark Pool cluttered up with this kind of garbage. There are tens of thousands of FBG subscribers and forum members, and this place would rapidly go to #### if people were allowed to start their own individual threads to whine about their own individual miserable magic football disasters.

But good news - you're special, so you get to start your own thread! Congrats, snowflake!
Nice job, Ray Finkle. Laces out!

If the moderators don't want this thread here, they'll pull it. Otherwise ... too bad. I've got every right to vent over a bad team just as much as others have a right to brag on a good team, or make any other comment.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing FBG over their rankings. I just happened to end up with a bunch of guys who have all underperformed their expectations. And I'm not happy about it. And I'm venting. So what. I pay for my FBG subscription with the winnings from years of Championships ... and this year, I've got a stinker. And if I think FBG blew it on their rankings, I'll post it here, there, or wherever I want.

After being in my Championship game for each of the past 5 seasons, I've started this year 0-5. What went wrong, I asked? I looked back at my draft, and the FBGuys rankings, as generated by the VBD app using my scoring system ...

My draft:

1.09 - Trent Richardson - ranked #3 overall, #3 RB ... a "value pick" at 1.09, right?

2.02 - CJ Spiller - ranked #4 overall, #4 RB ... another "value pick" at 2.02?

3.09 - Brandon Marshall - ranked #32 overall, #6 WR ... yet another "value pick" compared to the rankings.

4.02 - Tom Brady - ranked #49 overall, #5 QB ... a "reach", but "should" be solid. It was him, or Kapernick, at the time.

5.09 - Lamar Miller - ranked #25 overall, #21 RB ... another "value pick" compared to his #25 overall ranking.

6.02 - Antonio Brown - #16 WR

7.09 - Miles Austin - #23 WR

I don't think I need to continue ... friggin' pathetic. Some later picks include Gio Bernarnd, Knowshon Moreno, Danny Woodhead ... and I'm still the lowest scoring team in the league. By a lot.

That should have resulted in a competitive base of a team ... 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex. Instead, it has resulted in my worst team ever. In 13 seasons of playing fantasy football, I've NEVER had a worse team. I've NEVER been 0-5 ... I've rarely ever lost 5 games in a season, let alone the 1st 5 games.

I picked up Rivers to use over Brady ... I can't even trade Brady now. Nobody will take him. I can't get anything for him ... anything. I'm very, very frustrated right now.

I don't know what the point of this post is other than to vent. This team is beyond saving. Nobody will trade for these bums.
So let me get this straight. You put in zero effort on your own and rely on solely of FBG list for your draft. Over six years they got you to 5 championship games. And yet you are complaining. Is this correct?
No, that's not correct.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
dmonte said:

Uhmmm, you do realize where YOUR posting right?

It's in the contained...

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...Thread created by a reputable site contributor for the sole purpose of yep you guessed it..

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

#### YOU RASHAD JENNINGS!

...and the guy who injured him. I lost in 2 PPR $$$ leagues by less than 3 ####### points

Last edited by a moderator:
That extra set of down gifted to the Falcons, led to an extra Matt Ryan TD, which led to a 1-pt loss for me. Awesome!

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
dmonte said:

Uhmmm, you do realize where YOUR posting right?

It's in the contained...

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...Thread created by a reputable site contributor for the sole purpose of yep you guessed it..

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...
A whole slew of posts, including a thread (about being 0-5) was moved over to here after it was posted in the Shark Pool.

Thought I was going to pull out a win without Adrian Peterson which would have been huge. Then AJ crapped the bed (actually it was Schaub), and Mathews decides to revert to his old ways of getting hurt. Also didn't help that D Thomas scores only 7.5 pts for me when DEN puts up 51 and Jared Cook flat out sucks. Might as well start Jared from Subway.......

Also had Pierre Thomas, Justin Blackmon and Vincent Brown on my bench. I start Thomas instead of Mathews, I win.

Another league, I get a nice -1 from the DEN defense and 7.1 from Sproles. :doh:

But I can forgive them, since I had Romo, Witten, Dez, Blackmon, Nicks, Tucker, and Snelling (filling in for Martin). Those 7 scored 201 points and I broke the league record :bow:

Romo, Dez and Witten outscored my opponent's whole team and 3 other's full teams yesterday. :thanks:

After entering the season with question marks at WR, I now have to decide who to start between Danny Amendola, Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, and Ty Hilton every week.

Sad story.

They call my receiver crew the garbage men, garcon and blackmon...both have horrible defenses. I am actually very excited about the potential

After entering the season with question marks at WR, I now have to decide who to start between Danny Amendola, Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, and Ty Hilton every week.

Sad story.
I'm similar with Andre, DJax, Nicks, Gordon and Blackmon. I can start 3 with 1 flex

Having a ridiculous season so far and the best team I have ever had in 15 years in my 16 team league.

Currently 5-0, my total points is 53% higher than the average score in the league.

My all play record is 71-4.

Peyton Manning is ridiculous, accounting for over 3.3% of all scoring in the entire league, but even If I took a zero for him each week, I'd still be 4-1.

Having a ridiculous season so far and the best team I have ever had in 15 years in my 16 team league.

Currently 5-0, my total points is 53% higher than the average score in the league.

Peyton Manning is ridiculous, accounting for over 3.3% of all scoring in the entire league, but even If I took a zero for him each week, I'd still be 4-1.
You may have just jinxed your season.

You may have just jinxed your season.
Oh well. If my season goes down the tubes it will be for reasons besides posting this on FBG.

Won 96.00 to 95.95 in a Standard league, a difference of 1 yard in our scoring. I had to wait for stat corrections until I bragged about the closest win I have seen, now watch new stat corrections will come out late.

Getting really frustrating watching the QB I'm playing against go for 80 yards and a TD every drive. Last week romo this week cutler

Only words I can say are Eli? What the heck man? You are killing me. I mean I am a patient man after years of watching Favre throw picks but this is awful. Can't understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread