What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (2 Viewers)

7 wins:

+63.84

+84.98

+33.62

+3.34

+83.30

+61.76

+42.86

5 losses:

Love the random results from H2H!

Thank you to:

I. Crowell

D. Thomas

E. Sanders

ODB Jr

D. Murray

the Indy D

C. Parkey

and the rest of my team for the first 200 point performance in the history of our league.

Thank you guys, was fun to watch!

9-and-3 in all three of my leagues. Clinched #1 seed in one league this week, clinched division titles in the other two this week (currently the #1 seed in each, but could be caught in theory).

RBs are all over the board among the three leagues, but WR is where I was consistent in building my rosters. Kelvin Benjamin in all three leagues, Antonio Brown in two, Jordy Nelson in two, Emmanuel Sanders in two. Looking forward to the playoffs, especially since I have Josh Gordon in one of those leagues, and Isaiah Crowell in the other two.

rocketsauce said:
Playing in a week 12, our final week of the regular season, meaningless game (#1 seed locked up - although I could affect who made the playoffs)...

Was down 130-115 going into SNF. I had Dez & Romo, he had ODB. After ODB's first quarter+, I figured it was over, whatever, didn't need a win anyway. And then Romo and Dez went BOOM. 178-170 win to wrap up the regular season.

9-3, #1 seed, #1 in points. Time to go win a championship.
I was on the other side - had Beckham to his Romo/Dez. All I needed was Romo/Dez to not hook up for that second TD. Looked good, then BOOM. Now down 18 with Brees to go against his Pierre Thomas. Sadly I am 3rd highest score this week playing against the highest score. 5th time this season I will have played the highest score of the week. Worst luck ever this year.

Guy in our league started 7-0, mainly on the back of Andrew Luck. He just lost his 5th in a row on that last Justin Tucker XP - finishing him at 7-5. He'll lose the division based on tiebreaker, AND lose the WC based on tiebreaker. 7-0 start, and out of the playoffs. That's rough.

His own fault though - he made no improvements when it was obvious he needed to. Started Steven Jackson & Tre Mason at RB the last few weeks.

Has their ever been a more overrated defensive coordinator in the history of football than Rob Ryan? My god, this guy couldn't create an effective game plan to stop an offense led by Laverne and Shirley, let alone an NFL ball club.

Whenever I have an opponent whose players face a Rob Ryan defense, I know that said players have a chance of posting hall of fame numbers.

Won't criticize my Friends and Family League for using default standard settings. I've never used ESPN until this year. But things that boggle my mind include rounding down by default (affected me twice - would have won using fractions but instead went 0-1-1), INTs counting for so much, and...

scoring defenses by yds allowed?! How is this even a default setting?! Case and point, today. Played Baltimore defense, was up to start the day with the default 10 pts at the start of the game. That was wiped out by the score. But they also had 4 sacks, an INT, and a TD. Somehow that yielded only 6 pts for the TD... Due to the 525 yds allowed, it negated the 4 sacks and INT... Needless to say, I was handed my 3rd loss on the season (no excuses Week 1, I was flat out run over).

But to put this in perspective. It's possible to shut out a team and score -2 pts (0 points allowed - 5 pts, 550 yds allowed - -7 pts)...

I'm looking at having to face the second or third highest-scoring team in the league compared to mine as the #1 seed because of his unlucky H2H record. It'll be a 1-8 matchup with the top two PF teams on the line. This guy's lineup is nuts. Mine has more variance. He has the better Wk 14 schedule. I can only hope he loses next week, or I'm up against a long, long playoff run for a title, with a hope to blow up in Wk 14.

I guess there's justice in him making the playoffs. Not against me, though.

Was down by 30 going into the Monday night game, ended up winning by 40! Thank you Justin Forsett and Drew Brees. Throw in Demaryius Thomas and I had 3 of the top 4 scorers this week.

After this week I am now standing at 5-7 with the MOST points in the league by over 30 points. Really might quit fantasy after this garbage. I need to win + rely on someone else to lose just to sneak into the playoffs next week. Absolute joke.

If i started steve smith i wouldve won by .5 in that last jimmy graham td. How exciting would that have been? Instead now i need to win next week AND i need TWO teams to lose to make the playoffs.

Is there any major stat corrections coming this week? I was up 51.96, and my opponent had Brees/Graham. I lost by. 04. Sigh....

Justin Forsett, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Brian Westbrook and his "this is how you run out the clock" seminar is getting underway.

I am up by 15 with just under 3 minutes to play, Saints with just one timeout, Ravens needing a 1st down to melt the game away. Only way Saints have a prayer is for the Ravens to stupidly score, get the ball back, score, recover an onside kick, and score again.

So what does Forsett do? Runs 20 yards for a TD instead of falling down once he got the 1st down. Saints then drive the length of the field, score a TD, and nearly recover the onside kick.

Oh, and in the process, I lose by 7 and get bounced from the playoffs, as I am playing Forsett and Graham....all of which should not have happened if Forsett does the smart thing and just gives himself up.

Thanks forsett. You single handedly knocked me off the playoff grid.. 33 f'ing points... Really??? Meatballs!!!! Ugh.

My opponent at 4-7 is out of the running for the playoffs. He changes his lineup last minute and plays the spoiler against me, staring:

ROMO, GRAHAM, FORSETT & PARKEY

How the F does a kicker get 21 points? Answer = when he plays against me :topcat:

Held on barely to win even though Cutler helped me so very little. Big thanks to ODB, Crowell, Shady (about damn time) & Cody Parkey (yeah...a kicker made up for my QB's suckage. Lots of tough match ups week 13 so this win was necessary

Sadly, the thrill is gone for me. Despite having qualified for the playoffs in all my leagues already, a top seed and a highest scoring team here or there, I am just not feeling the rush.

Oddly, because I know this always is the case, I think the big turn off for me right now is that I see these random replacement players stepping in and changing the season for people. Really makes me question why I find myself in a place like this in March talking and following an out of season sport when all I really need to do is save my waiver money and pick up the injury-replacement guy or the waiver wire darling for the year to have the same effect.

In short, I think what was once a strategy hobby has become a random luck hobby. Probably doesn't hurt that I am saturated with Fanduel and Draft Kings commercials, basically begging me to stop looking at this stuff all year round and just pick a strategic lineup on the weeks I feel like it to get my fix. That's really more of what it used to be like and what drew me in, anyways.

I'm excitedly trotting out DT, Josh Gordon, Mike Evans, CJ Anderson, Rashad Jennings, and Jimmy Graham this week. Cutler, Parkey, and St. Louis D should be competent enough to make sure my 6 stars shine all the brighter.

I'm excitedly trotting out DT, Josh Gordon, Mike Evans, CJ Anderson, Rashad Jennings, and Jimmy Graham this week. Cutler, Parkey, and St. Louis D should be competent enough to make sure my 6 stars shine all the brighter.
I'm excitedly trotting out DT, Josh Gordon, ODB, C.J., Tre Mason, and Gronk this week. Brees, Prater, and DET D should be competent enough to make sure my 6 stars shine all the brighter.

Bragging: In a keeper league where we can start 0-2 RBs and 2-4 WRs I can finally roll out Calvin, Dez, Gordon, Antonio Brown at the same time. Who needs RBs?!

I got 12 points out of Prater. Yeah, I'm bragging 'bout my K.

Through 12 Weeks: 6 different kickers, 77 points. Only in double digits once.

Think I'll send him a bottle of single malt.

FML...now Shady is getting vultured by the damn QB at the GL too. It was a semi-miracle Shady was even on the field in the first place, but then Sanchize just had to keep it so he could score in a nationally televised game.

Last week i played against romo. This week the romo owner is playing the guy im trying to catch for the division

cubbie5150 said:
FML...now Shady is getting vultured by the damn QB at the GL too. It was a semi-miracle Shady was even on the field in the first place, but then Sanchize just had to keep it so he could score in a nationally televised game.
:rolleyes:

I understand the title of the thread, but are you really crying after the good game he had?

Game I need to win, started Romo over Sanchez, while benching Joique. Good night!

Oh wait. He started Kaepernick and benched Calvin for Stevie Johnson. I wish I could make this up. Wtf

cubbie5150 said:
:rolleyes:

I understand the title of the thread, but are you really crying after the good game he had?
Then why did you bother quoting and responding? Plus look at the time I posted; right after the play in question. I sometimes use this thread for in the moment venting.

Romo + Bailey started my week off terribly. Going against Hauschka too.

Need a win and another team to lose. only upside is the team I need to lose had Witten and is going against Parkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipped a coin and inserted Bell into a RB slot just prior to gametime. Was going to bench Jeffery for Martavis Bryant until I heard Bryant was ill. Both Bell and Jeffery blew up nicely. However, got clever thinking Sea/SF was going to be a slugfest so I picked up Barth and benched Hauschka and hit 14 points. Looking good early, but hope that Kicker swap doesn't come back to haunt me....the guy I am playing is the guy I am battling for the 6th and final playoff spot.

Stafford and Calvin week 12 cost me the playoff game...week 13 blow up when its over.
2012 NFFC Online Championhttp://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11640 ($100,000 winner) (1872 teams)

2012 NFFC Online 4th Place ($10,000 winner) (1872 teams)

2013 FFPC 16th place overall (5808 teams)

Charleston Chimeras 1998 1999 2003 2005 2006 2009 2010 Champions (Dynasty 1997-2013)

Charlotte Cobras 2010 2012 Champions (Dynasty 2010-2013)

Colorado Vipers 1991 1996 2003 Champions (ReDraft 1990-2013)

Minnesota Muskrats 1995 1998 2000 2001 2006 2007 2009 2013 Champions (ReDraft 1994-2013)

Blue Dragons 2012 2nd Place ($750 FFPC Dynasty 2012-2013)

Wyvernshttp://leagues.myffpc.com/fantasy-football-league/109185 2012 2nd Place ($500 FFPC Dynasty 2012-2013)

Gryphonshttp://leagues.myffpc.com/fantasy-football-league/79469 2013 Champion 2012 2nd Place ($750 FFP Dynasty 2011-2013)

Dragons ($750 FFPC Dynasty 2010-2013)

Vesper Lynds (16 team Dynasty 2012-2013)

Could you please list all of your line-ups and thoughts for each game in every league in your SIG as well! Please, we all really want to know. Oh, and let us know what you had for breakfast today also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
First round of a 2 week cumulative playoff period. I'm staring a 98-48 hole on Thanksgiving thanks to his Calvin, Jeffery, Hauschka blowing up and me having Romo & Dez #### the bed.

Really annoying when you plan the last month of your season around juicy matchups for your playoffs, only to have your guys do nothing in that matchup.

Gonna need the rest of his team to fizzle out/get hurt and my remaining studs to really do something special to make this a contest in Week 14.

After a decent start to the week on Thanksgiving, my team is laying an egg today. Barring a miracle, I'm not gonna pull this one out. Game flow/situation is against me across the board. And another screw you to Dalton; Gio would've easily scored that TD that you vultured inside the Tampa 10.

Not that I ever seriously considered starting him (though maybe I should have), but seeing Fitzpatrick with 54 on my bench is painful.

I have Graham all over my lineups at Fan Duel and Draft Kings.

And in my main league I have both Graham and Gronk so I'm starting Graham at flex. I also have K. Stills, R. Jennings, and T. Mason on my bench in that league :nutkick:

Users who are viewing this thread