What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Freaking Woodhead with 18.8 and Carr 18.2 after crap first two quarters.

Down 37-0

They still have. Julio, Evans, Shoelace, Olsen, Seattle & Zona K

FML!!!!!

I knew I was gonna have a tough time facing Cousins and Reed in the SB. FF is a joke that my concerns of having my Gronk and A. Rodgers outgunned by his Reed and Cousins would prove not only prophetic but possibly understated. This is gonna pitch and catch all night!

I knew I was gonna have a tough time facing Cousins and Reed in the SB. FF is a joke that my concerns of having my Gronk and A. Rodgers outgunned by his Reed and Cousins would prove not only prophetic but possibly understated. This is gonna pitch and catch all night!
That sucks man, I faced Cousins alone and he makes me want to get drunk right now and lay in bed in the fetal position all Sunday.

Started Cooper and went against Cousins/Reed in one title game. Have OBJ/Dez on roster. FML :(

Brady, forte, west, a brown, Ginn, Delanie. Julio showed up. But not nearly enough even against Cam's mortal day. Also went against gillesse, latavius, Hopkins, Jordan Reed. Just terrible.

I play in a start 2 qb league. Had to face Brady and Big Ben. I win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, why did I leave Watson in over Tye. Oh and FU Odell, you should be starting anyway. I knew Watson barely practiced but he's barely played against a team horrible against TEs. I knew Tye would do well but got sucked in by Brees and Watson being active. Oh well. Still ahead so might win in spite of knowing I should have swapped him out. I've made so many bad last minute changes that I didn't want to make another.

ETA: Now that it is 21-0, Watson probably sits the rest of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm up 150-87 (100% favorite) with three players going on MNF.

My low scorer of the week is Antonio Brown.

Pretty good day.

Think I won 5 of my 6 superbowls I was in. Got really lucky playing against Cam, big ben, Wilson, brady, Rodgers in the leagues. Played Gillisee over Gurley in the league I had OBJ suspended, also picked up Keyshawn-sleeshawn martin to replace him. Feeling pretty darn good ;)

3 years in a row flukily knocked out in the semi finals only to destroy the 3 teams remaining in the finals and consolation games.

So close ...yet so far

Dropped Ari D/ST for Det D/ST.... oops

Making my championship game unnecessarily close
Almost same for me, as I started Lions D over Cards in my Super Bowl. Would have won easy, 35 point difference. Down 31 with AJ Green left and he's done.

Other Super Bowl I dropped them a couple weeks back scrambling for RBs in a short bench league. Figured I'd ride Carolina D. My opponent got more than 1/3 of his points from his defense alone in a league where defenses don't score much. Of course that D is Arizona, whom he got for me. Couldn't even make up points against just a D with Baldwin and Catanzaro going for me. Now comes down to Diggs for me, Sanders for him tomorrow, still down 2.

Oh, and while I'm at it, blew an 82 point lead in my 3rd place game, overtaken by 11 on the garbage time Wilson to Kearse TD. He had both going of course. I should win that, but with my luck could easily lose. Still have AJ Green, Dwayne Harris and Bengals D left vs. Nugent.

Oh, and while I'm at it, blew an 82 point lead in my 3rd place game, overtaken by 11 on the garbage time Wilson to Kearse TD. He had both going of course. I should win that, but with my luck could easily lose. Still have AJ Green, Dwayne Harris and Bengals D left vs. Nugent.
That same garbage TD won me my league. :D

The beauty and agony of FF.

Vent: #1 scorer 3 straight years (16 teamer), first time a team has done this in our 27 years. No titles and No championship games in those three years.

Brag: #1 scorer 4 straight season (14 teamer). Won 2nd Title! Lost to champs other 2 times.

Crow: like to thank the little people, namely the forum posters here at FBGs. invaluable resource. even when you have to learn to clear-away/ignore the chaff at times.

Cam picked a bad day not to show up. Should have known better than to start Ben Watson instead of hitting up the waiver wire for Zach Miller. Even then, I lost by less than two points after the Bortles pointless 2pt conversion at the end. :(

OMG the forking Giants are killing me.

My opponent has the Minn Defense.

3 sacks, 2 INT's and a TD

WTH ODB is out and they fall apart????

OMG the forking Giants are killing me.

My opponent has the Minn Defense.

3 sacks, 2 INT's and a TD

WTH ODB is out and they fall apart????

Up 21 going into tomorrow. I have Broncos D, opponent has C.J. Anderson. If I win this year, this will be my favorite year ever. I lost Le'Veon Bell, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis, Thomas Rawls, Julian Edelman(essentially) and Steve Smith to IR.

I had the following lineup this week after all that:

QB:Bortles

RB:David Johnson

RB:DeAngelo

WR:Marshall

WR:Maclin

Flex:John Brown

TE:Reed

K:Catanzaro

D:Broncos D

0 for 2

If I started bortles over Ben I win.

I'm also in danger of losing total points. Had 73 pt lead

This is a brag and vent from an awesome season of domination ended by a very late complete derailment due to injuries during the playoffs.

At the end of the regular season my team is 1st in points and 1st in the standings. I'm stacked and ready for a good playoff run. Russell Wilson, Antonio Gates, Seattle D I plan to start all thru playoffs. Then deep at RB/WR with AP, Rawls, James Stewart, Ivory, James White, Alshon, Allen Rob, Amedola, James Jones. After first 2 weeks of playoffs my team is decimated with injuries (RB1, RB2, RB3, WR1, WR3) -AP (RB1) comes back for week 16. Somehow I sneak into the finals after my semi-final opponent completely tanks.

How on earth do I go from all that depth to james white, james jones and marvin jones all starting for me during the finale?

I'm getting stomped now but the main reason being my opponent had deangelo and hightower. I looked right at hightower when ingram went down and picked up Spiller instead. If not for that I'd have won the championship!

That sucks man, I faced Cousins alone and he makes me want to get drunk right now and lay in bed in the fetal position all Sunday.
Well, as bad as Rodgers was and as ok as gronk was...everything else broke my way! Was a good week to face Big Ben, a. Brown, and mike Evans. Especially when I had Brees, Marshall, and deangelo williams!!! Thx guys, thx universe!

When you have a slim lead,and with in 15 mins(the time it took to drive to the store and back)My opponent has A Robinson get him a 90 yard TD(16 pts) and Arizona D gets 2 TD's,2 fumble recoveries and a couple sacks(18 points in 15 minutes????)OUCH!) I almost drop seeing my lead gone when I looked at the scoreboard when I got home.He gets 34 points in that 15 minutes. By the time the 4:00 started I was behind for the FIRST time ALL YEAR in the big money points league I'm in. 30 points from Arizona,WTF. I have only Walsh and AJ Green left and he has CJ Anderson and M Wallace and left,and was behind at the start of Giants/Minn game by 17,Walsh gets me 19 points already,going into the 3rd quarter. I couldn't have asked for a better game from my Kicker.

Glad Minn has huge lead,not worried about them passing much for Wallace to do to much more in this game. I don't See AJ Green doing much Tomorrow night,hoping for another field goal or 2..

in chronological order:

• Jordan Reed 34.90, TE1, #3 overall
  • DeAngelo Williams 34.30, RB1, #4 overall
  • Blake Bortles 33.22, QB2, #5 overall
  • Allen Robinson 31.10, WR4, #10 overall
My opponent had 7 out of 9 players underperform their projection - all but Gostkowski and David Johnson. I have three players left and a good chance to double him up.

12-3, 2nd championship in 3 years (6th in 22 years), won last 9 games to tie a record held by two other owners.

Easily the most dominant Redraft team I have ever had, averaged over 155 per week.

Lost with a 16 point lead to Walsh (conventional scoring - not distance). The worst loss in a final in 25 years of doing this. Worse than Neal Anderson catching a garbage time TD to beat me in the last minutes of a 45-10 Bears loss.

Honestly hope the giants have like 6 0-16 seasons in a row now.

-QG

Thank you Atlanta and St Louis for winning and forcing Peterson into a full workload. Still have some Monday work to do.

My dominant team lost in semis because Marshall, Calvin and Prater combined for 18 points and David Johnson went off for opponent. And then Marshall, Calvin and Prater combine for 66 today. Sigh.

My dominant team lost in semis because Marshall, Calvin and Prater combined for 18 points and David Johnson went off for opponent. And then Marshall, Calvin and Prater combine for 66 today. Sigh.
My dominant team lost in semis because Peterson, AJ Green, Brady and the Panthers DEF combined for only 30 points, while four of my opponent's players (Bridgewater, Ajayi, Ertz, J.Matthews) smashed their season-highs and had 90 points. Still just lost by five points, the 40 points of David Johnson weren't enough to make up for it.Now last week's opponent just won the championship with an incredibly bad roster with the likes of Cousins, Ajayi, Duke Johnson, Davante Adams, Matthews, Ertz, Santos, Arizona DEF and even more duds like Fleener, Devin Smith and M. Wallace on his bench. The only notable injured player on his roster is A.Jeffery.

Makes it even harder to see my team fail, having two top-8 QBs (Brady, E.Manning), two top-7 RBs (Peterson, David Johnson), four top-32 WRs (Green, Cooks, E.Sanders, G.Tate), two top-7 TEs (J.Reed, Kelce) and the two top-scoring defenses (Broncos, Panthers). And it's a 16 team, 6 (+1 rookie) keeper league. Will be impossible to build another dominant team like this.

Think I won 5 of my 6 superbowls I was in. Got really lucky playing against Cam, big ben, Wilson, brady, Rodgers in the leagues. Played Gillisee over Gurley in the league I had OBJ suspended, also picked up Keyshawn-sleeshawn martin to replace him. Feeling pretty darn good ;)
In a nutshell, this is why it makes no sense to play ff. You just won games against the year long, consistent league elites using duct taped spare parts. Congrats, you were the best team this year. *eye roll*.

Not picking on you, just the perfect example. I won a league yesterday using an idp player who I picked up a month ago and started him one time this year but his one fluke big play was all the difference. My resume were all backups because starters were hurt. Dez was out and etc.

In a nutshell, all across the land, leagues were won over and over with teams that had nothing to do with what we spent january-september assembling.

Users who are viewing this thread