What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Started Nate Washington in one league...

In another, subbed R. Matthews in for Gordon based on early,unfounded reports of him not being active...

:pickle:

Can't even get an 0-13 record right. Started 0-6 and ran into a team even worse than my own. Looking like the closest I can come to negative perfection is 1-12.

I survived playing against Gurley and Martin.

Thanks to Rivers garbage time stats, Cooper, and STL D........and Bradford sucking last night.

St Louis D + Diggs helped me survive the Tannehill insanity

Thanks to the guys on the Diggs thread for getting me to drink the kool-aid a week early

Own McFadden in both leagues, was forced to start him in PPR :D

Also, Danny Woodhead in garbage time making me look like a genius for starting him over Yeldon.

Happy and surprised I was able to snag Diggs in 2 of 3 leagues

Started the season in a 12-team redraft with J. Charles and A. Foster as my RB1 and 2. Loved that RB combo.

Figured if I could just play .500 through the first 4 or 5 weeks until Foster came back... I'd be SET for the 2nd half of the season.

Season over :X

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news: After 0-3 start, will move to 4-3. Depending on what Forsett does tonight, may have the highest scoring team in league for 3rd week in a row :)

Bad news: Foster gone. I survived the loss of my top WR (Dez) and WR3 (DJax), not to mentioned missed games and subpar play by my highly drafted QB (Luck). But I think losing my top RB too will be too much. Went from feeling like I had a roster that could make a title run to feeling like I'll be lucky to scrape into the playoffs (and fizzle out quickly). :(

Just here to personally thank Ryan Mallett for missing the team flight. Hoyer had 1 fantasy point at halftime, while his real team was down 41-0. Garbage time points by Hoyer of 25 in the second half allowed me to squeak out the W. Would not have been possible were it not for the selfish considerations of Mallett, which allowed the coach to ride out Hoyer for all 60 minutes,

Just here to personally thank Ryan Mallett for missing the team flight. Hoyer had 1 fantasy point at halftime, while his real team was down 41-0. Garbage time points by Hoyer of 25 in the second half allowed me to squeak out the W. Would not have been possible were it not for the selfish considerations of Mallett, which allowed the coach to ride out Hoyer for all 60 minutes,
This!!!

Picked up Hoyer for Dalton's bye week. At halftime I'm talking fantasy with my dad and say I hope he doesn't get benched in the 2nd half or I'm screwed. My dad's like "I wouldn't worry about it, Mallett missed the plane to Miami."

Have Ingram, Woodhead, Lewis and Lynch. Traded Peterson for Julio Jones. Traded Travis Benjamin for Big Ben. Have Emmanuel Sanders and Supermart.

...I'm 3-4

Part 1 of my plan is complete... landed Jeffrey for Hyde and Moncrief. Now that my WR/TEs are in great shape in PPR (Green, Cobb, Jeffrey, A-Rod, Olsen and Matthews), I'm trying to upgrade RB2 (have Bell, Ingram, West and Michael) by packaging Cobb, Eifert and Ingram for Gurley and Cooks. Guy needs help at WR and TE desperately.

Already losing 79-20 with an entire quarter to go. Lmao. This is a week after both my teams played against the high

Arian Foster & Leveon Bell...gg me.

What could have been. :cry:
Good buddy of mine had both Foster and Bell as his 1-2. Can't feel too bad for him though as he can plug and play Ivory and Stewart (who I traded him when he got off to a slow start and now I am stuck with Bush and Ingram).

So I was sick and tired of Brees last week and traded Brees and Gore for cam and Hyde. Since then Hyde declared out 4-6 weeks and Brees has 300 yards and 4 td passes in one half.

Phillip Rivers w/ ~155 yds/2 TDs in the first half for me!!! :D

Drew Brees w/ 300/4 in the 1st half...on my bench. WOW :(

benched OBJ for Evans.. O,o after last week evans blew up and OBJ cost me the week.. SCREW YOU GUYS!

Switched out Diggs for Cobb last minute. Diggs put up 17....my opponents team is done and he's up by 21. I have Cobb and Panthers DST left.

I should still probably pull this one out but it wouldn't be in question if I'd left Diggs in. Was worried about regression game but the kids the real deal. Won't be sitting again.

Too many injuries and my ####### dropped Deangelo this AM. I hate fantasy football.
I hear you player. My sixth sense was barking at me to pick up Williams this morning. "But, that would put me with 7 RBs and I REALLY need Delanie Walker as my TE2." Well, ####.

Too many injuries and my ####### dropped Deangelo this AM. I hate fantasy football.
I hear you player. My sixth sense was barking at me to pick up Williams this morning. "But, that would put me with 7 RBs and I REALLY need Delanie Walker as my TE2." Well, ####.
I was getting cute picking up a D for next week even though I am really desperate at RB. I figured, I will just add Williamd back Wednesday as most of the guys in my league aren't into handcuffing. That was the difference maker at RB I had been waiting for.

I was getting cute picking up a D for next week even though I am really desperate at RB. I figured, I will just add Williamd back Wednesday as most of the guys in my league aren't into handcuffing. That was the difference maker at RB I had been waiting for.
Good news is it sounds like his ACL is intact. Could only be MCL and that means anywhere from 2-4 weeks... we hope.

The bad news: I have no Saints on any of my teams and only 1 Giant (Vereen) on 1 team. Many of my teams faced Brees, Eli and/or Beckham today.

The good news: I also have none of the players who were seriously hurt today on any of my teams.

benched OBJ for Evans.. O,o after last week evans blew up and OBJ cost me the week.. SCREW YOU GUYS!
It's been a rough week for me with injuries, but WTF are you doing? OBJ should be starting every week, period. NO is terrible. I was expecting a good week and this was really good but I never would have thought about benching him. I like Evans but no chance.

after having giant holes in my RB corps, my strategy of rostering handcuffs has paid off. traded Calvin and a pick next year for Freeman, now my backfield looks like:

D. Freeman, D. Martin, J. Stewart, D. Williams, C. West, D. Murray, A. Blue

with a wideout core of OBJ, AJ Green, and Diggs, with LaFell as my WR4

time to make some more trades

I have realized that the only thing worse than actually having Russell Wilson on your team and having to start him, is Redzone being down to two afternoon games.....and as a result, you are forced into watching his afternoon of poor production.

I'm trading pieces for Blake Bortles tomorrow.

At least the guy chucks it a ton.

TZM

How come every time I make a trade it bombs on me the same week I make it? I made both these trades this week.

My Brees and Gore for his Newton and Hyde

My Hillman and Snead for his Forsett

11 tds and counting

I think I just had the unluckiest 7 day stretch of anyone in fantasy football history. I had Foster, Le'Veon, Forte and Steve Smith all on my team. A week ago, I felt I had by far the best team in the league, now, playoffs are a big question mark. I'd have rather had all those guys active and just get zeroes like John Brown did, then that. Unbelievable!

Somehow I avoided Bloody Sunday (is that what we're universally calling it?) on every single one of my 5 dynasty rosters. Unless Evans misses time.

In the league I'm most excited about right now, my young team with five young WR1's (or close to it) just got to 7-1, passing the guy who was ahead of me who lost today and is now at 6-2. He also lost Forte, Bell, Charles, Smiff, and VJax recently. Horrible run of bad luck and he'll probably sink down the standings. Crazy week.

Two words to consider...........

RANDALL COBB.

:X

Seriously, if someone had been a soothsayer and told you that Jordy Nelson would go down immediately, Davante Adams would miss significant time, and the Pack would be unbeaten through 6 weeks.................... then I don't think you could blame someone for picking Cobb top 3-5 in drafts.

To think I loved his potential only a couple weeks into the season.

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread