What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (2 Viewers)

Two words to consider...........

RANDALL COBB.

He got the targets let night but that Broncos defense... Not giving up on him but he's only playing for me when the Packers are at home for now.

Tried to move him last week and failed. Now, after losing Bell, may try again. Unfortunately, only 70% of my league is "active" so...

Hard to really care when the first place team should've lost but the chick in our league didn't play Heath Miller. Oh, she also started a kicker and defense on a bye. A real commissioner would've alerted her, or at least tried to, but he was the one player her. I'm done with this league next year.

:X

Seriously, if someone had been a soothsayer and told you that Jordy Nelson would go down immediately, Davante Adams would miss significant time, and the Pack would be unbeaten through 6 weeks.................... then I don't think you could blame someone for picking Cobb top 3-5 in drafts.

To think I loved his potential only a couple weeks into the season.

TZM
He got the targets but Denver's defense is insane. I'm not done with him yet but he's only playing for me when the Packers are at home. I tried to move him last week but failed. Now that I lost Bell, I'll try again but only 70% of my league is "active". Makes it hard.

Also makes it hard to care when the first place team should've lost but the chick in our league didn't play Heath Miller and also started a kicker and defense on a bye. A real commissioner would've alerted her but since he was the one playing her... I'm done with this league next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday Night I went up against Brady, Landry & NE. Down 71. I joked in the game thread my Sunday morning counter punch was Alex Smith & Kelce.

That. Actually. Happened.

Smiths best game of the year. I'm actually contemplating rostering a 3rd QB (16 x 12) for the stretch run - he has a nice schedule after the Denver game.

AJ, Gurley, Diggs - I romped my way to high score of the week & jumped from 3rd to 1st. Only 5 - 3, but with AB, Forsett, Reed, LaFell, McManus & DEN rostered, I really like this teams chances. Of course Smith is my 7th QB (Bortles & Tyrod) so far from a sure thing.

Fun season!

Back on track after accidentally winning last week. Unless Greg Olsen outscores Newton and Ginn by 11 points I am a lock for 1-7. Sadly, I actually am trying to compete, just bad luck and a few injuries.

I need a miracle! Trailing by 57 points. I have Gore and TY Hilton playing today. My opponent has Stewart.

Set a scoring record in my dynasty. Brees, Gurley, Beckham...felt good to deliver a massive beat down.

I had Brady's great Thursday score contributing to a monster lead heading into Sunday. Then Drew Brees happened.

I just needed Luck and Gore to outscore Olsen tonight to win. Into the 4th quarter it wasn't happening, but those late Luck TDs saved me.

Now I've gone from 0-3 to 5-3 and first place overall. Team doesn't feel particularly strong, but if you make the playoffs then anything can happen.

Any chance Stewart's fumble is changed to Cam? Looking at the replay, it didn't look fully secure in Stewart's hands. But not sure if it's enough to make the adjustment.

Any chance Stewart's fumble is changed to Cam? Looking at the replay, it didn't look fully secure in Stewart's hands. But not sure if it's enough to make the adjustment.
God I hope so.

Last night was one of the most painful things I've ever watched.

Was up 7.6 going into MNF. I had Carolina D, he had Cam Newton.

1st half couldn't have gone much better for me. 2nd half couldn't have gone any worse.

Even with about 6 minutes left, I'm up by like 7 or 8 and the Colts are down 10. So I figure the only way Cam is getting more points is if the Colts somehow come back and force overtime and Cam has to throw again. From that point on, pretty much every single thing that could go wrong for me, did.

Needless to say, I lost by .5 :wall:

Came into last night trailing by 23 PPR, had Ginn and Carolina D

Had Stevie Johnson plugged in all week as a 1 week filler, spider sense started tingling, dropped stevie and picked up ted ginn about 30 seconds before kickoff sunday.

Down by 10 going into OT

ginn 1 12 yd catch puts him at 2 for 60 (that TD drop was brutal) +3 points (hell his 7 other drops hurt too)

Carolina INT +2 points, down by 5

Game winning FG, I get 7 point bonus for defensive win

Win by 2 against a bitter division rival, he is last in total points I am first. Had about 18 heart attacks, sweat every second of that game out.

Mouth off on message board "Never had a doubt"

lol

Lost my Top RB (Bell) and my Top WR (Allen) in both my leagues where I was doing pretty well. :(

This is the kind of thing that is making me consider being done with the season long format after this season.

On the plus side I won a little bit of cash on DK thanks mostly to ODB, Gurley, Diggs, Rivers, and Cooks

Well my season came to a sudden end in my redraft. Lost Bell, Smith and now Allen on my team. My own fault for dropping Williams two weeks ago.

So in 22 years of fantasy football, I have NEVER experienced a weekend like this past.

My drafted team in PPR, all TDs 6 points, was:

QB: Tony Romo

WRs: Keenan Allen, Steve Smith, John Brown, Donte Mocrief

RBs: LeVeon Bell, Frank Gore, Ameer Abdullah, Doug Martin

So my QB was already done until week 11, and now I lost my #1 and # 2 WR and my #1 RB (and overall draft #1) in ONE DAY.

I just feel like bagging the rest of the season. On top of my Mets losing a World Series in incomprehensible fashion which they should have won, and I have lost the joy.

Minor mutiny going on in my league right now. One guy went to bed ahead and woke up behind. He lost two points on ESPN and no one can figure out where. Anyone know of any scoring changes?

So in 22 years of fantasy football, I have NEVER experienced a weekend like this past.

So my QB was already done until week 11, and now I lost my #1 and # 2 WR and my #1 RB (and overall draft #1) in ONE DAY.

I just feel like bagging the rest of the season. On top of my Mets losing a World Series in incomprehensible fashion which they should have won, and I have lost the joy.
Don't give up - not fair to the league - I lost Romo and Dez in the first games. Been an uphill struggle since, 5th out of 12 in scoring but a 1-7 record but still battling. Attrition? QB1 lost, replaced by Tyrod Taylor (hurt for a few games). Of my original 24 man roster (IDP league) I have 5 players left from the draft, two traded (due to injury needs), 17 had to be replaced due to various injuries or bye week issues caused by injury. But 1-7 and still trying to win each week - just hard to do with so many injuries. But, have the opportunity to wreck playoff hopes and will be hard to knock out of the #1 draft slot next year.

It sucks. All 3 of my teams have been sand blasted by these injuries. My best team was:

QB - Luck

RBs - Foster/Gore

WRs - Beckham/Hopkins

TE - Gates

Flex - Smith Sr

K - Hauscka

D - Seattle

I'm still 7-1, but that roster in terms of ppg had the #5 RB with a decent RB2, #2 TE, the #2, #9 and #11 WRs, #5 K, #3 D and Luck. Heck, Luck the last 3 weeks was on the #2 QB pace and is only 0.7 ppg away from #6 for as bad as he has been playing. Losing Foster and Smith Sr is such a big blow. Being able to start 3 top 12 WRs in a 12 team PPR league every week and still have good RBs, a solid TE and Luck? So nice feeling like you really didn't have a weak spot. I have Matthews, Garcon and Snead at WR and Hillman and Jennings at RB, but Foster and Smith Sr could help you win games and those guys are solid bye week fill ins on a great team. Great team with a solid bench until the last two weeks.

On a side note, this league has the most effed up waiver wire rules. First, it is reset every week based on record, which means I have never, ever had a chance to get any of the break out players unless I predicted their breakout before it happened. Second, you can only do 20 transactions for the year (new rule), which really hamstrings me as I am an active WW person even with the $ fee per transaction. I normally do pickup solid guys who I know have potential, but with bye weeks I can't do it this year. Shocking it got voted in in the rules meeting I missed. I know ptts.

Drew Brees had a second interception accounted for on Yahoo, don't know if also on ESPN. Pushed me from a 1.2 point loser to a 0.8 point winner! I can't remember ever seeing a missed INT corrected before?

I also woke up with Deangello Williams - I almost didn't bother to bid because 3-4 guys still have $70+ in the bank and figure my $55 would have no shot, but I ended up being highest by $20. Not sure what I'm missing, but I now have FBG #1, #4 and #5 ROY RBs (Freeman/Ivory/Williams), and #2, #3 and #5 QBs in 6-pt TD league (Rodgers/Palmer/Carr), I'm 7-1 and am feeling pretty, pretty good.

Drew Brees had a second interception accounted for on Yahoo, don't know if also on ESPN. Pushed me from a 1.2 point loser to a 0.8 point winner! I can't remember ever seeing a missed INT corrected before?.
That must be it. I wonder if it was the pick-six in the 4th quarter. Maybe it was originally ruled a fumble.

Drew Brees had a second interception accounted for on Yahoo, don't know if also on ESPN. Pushed me from a 1.2 point loser to a 0.8 point winner! I can't remember ever seeing a missed INT corrected before?.
That must be it. I wonder if it was the pick-six in the 4th quarter. Maybe it was originally ruled a fumble.
It was; pass to Snead, originally ruled a fumble, but later switched to INT.

So far I benched Eifert for B Watson and started J Hill in my flex. Also started Cincinnati Def. :wall:

I no longer listen to any supposed ff experts on Sirius who said the Cincinnati D was their play of the week! Left St Louis D on the bench. They are overrated. Both the D and these idiot ff blowhard experts.

I no longer listen to any supposed ff experts on Sirius who said the Cincinnati D was their play of the week! Left St Louis D on the bench. They are overrated. Both the D and these idiot ff blowhard experts.
I know what you mean.

CBS Sportsline had Jeremy Hill as the Week 9 Start of the Week.

Why did I start Blount over Bryant in the Flex spot???? What was I thinking? These NE backs kill me every single time!!! I HATE This this sport!!!

Getting it in early..........carry on!

Tex

Dion Lewis likely done for the year. FML. I hope he can recover; feel really bad for him given all that he's already been through healthwise.

I think I just had the unluckiest 7 day stretch of anyone in fantasy football history. I had Foster, Le'Veon, Forte and Steve Smith all on my team. A week ago, I felt I had by far the best team in the league, now, playoffs are a big question mark. I'd have rather had all those guys active and just get zeroes like John Brown did, then that. Unbelievable!
Day 14: Add Dion Lewis and Ben Roethlisberger to the list of the fallen. Somehow I'm going to be 5-4 despite all this.

Lesean McCoy does #### all for the season but decides the day that I'm playing against him in both leagues is the day he comes to play.

1-8 almost wrapped up. Played the #1 team, who had bye week issues at RB so he picked up Karlos Williams. My god this game is random. McCoy goes down, Williams goes off and his bye week play is his high scorer.

After benching Brees in my $$ redraft league for his 500/7 outburst week 8, I was nervous as #### about starting him week 9. Thank you, Drew, for being a gentleman & scholar, even in a loss, by not making me bemoan "chasing last week's points" by starting you today.

Just have say again, it sucks losing Dion Lewis for the year. I also lost Steve Smiff, but at least I'm not like some people who have lost multiples out of JC/Foster/Bell

Users who are viewing this thread