What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

3 ####### players going tonight and I haven't scored a point in almost 2 full quarters

This season has been absolute ####### torture

Guy in my league completely obliterated the record low in my league history with a completely legal lineup with a whopping 23 points. His lineup?

Qb- manning

Rb- Anderson, andrews

Wr- Watkins, Snead, Washington

Te- Rudolph

K- gano

D- Miami

Must win game...dead even going into Sunday Night Football. I have Russell Wilson, John Brown, and AJ Green left. He only has Michael Floyd. Ughhh

Haven't wanted to jinx myself by posting, but the first 9 weeks went 27-0 in my dynasty league with triple headers each week. Lost all three games this week, but blew away the league's previous best 20 game winning streak at least.

I lost by 4.

Two genius decisions I made:

Start Dalton over Cam Newton based on matchups

Start Emmanuel Sanders over Charcandrick West because it was a PPR league

Epic FAIL. May have cost myself a playoff spot with this loss. Two horrible decisions.

The fantasy gods have smited me

My draft:

1) CJ Anderson

2) Jeremy Hill

3) Randall Cobb

4) Sammy Watkins

5) Arian Foster

6) Joseph Randle

7) Russell Wilson

I can't even remember who I drafted beyond this. The only remaining players I still have rostered are CJ, Hill, Cobb, Watkins. I've dropped Watkins and CJ and picked them back up a few times. Cobb and perhaps even Hill are about to be sent to waivers as well. What a sickening fantasy season.

:X

It's not all bad though. I've managed some good waiver pick ups, and though I'm 7th out of 10 in scoring, I'm somehow sitting in 4th place. This season coupled with what's happening in Dallas has been a total drag.

OK, pity party over. Thanks for watching my meltdown. :banned:

Going heavy on Bengals across all my leagues finally screwed me. Additionally, starting Saints D over Texas really hurt. Lost in all 4 leagues this week, all within ten points. :yucky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I was sitting pretty in my auction league back in August, having snagged one of my top 2 choices at 3 different positions, all below what I had budgeted.

Luck

LeVeon

AJ Green

:mellow:

Still tied for the best record in the league, but the stretch run isn't looking NEARLY as good as it was a couple weeks ago.

I hate fantasy football. Injuries and ineffectiveness just kicking my butt.

Romo

CJ Anderson

Nelson

Bryant

Randle

It just sucks...ok, pissing and moaning complete

I had created a thread for this asking about a stat change but I should have posted it here.

Week 10

Monday night near end of Bengals-Texans game
LOSING - Me 159.68, Opp 161.36 - I figured I had lost. Game almost over, Bengals had the ball with less than a minute left and my opponent had WR-Green and RB-Bernard. I have the Texans WR-Hopkins.

WINNING - Me 159.68, Opp 159.36 - WR-Green caught a 10 yard pass and fumbled. That's -2 for my opponent, giving me the lead. Houston has the ball, game over, I won! Incredible. I text a few people.

Tuesday morning
LOSING - Me 158.48, Opp 159.36 - Yahoo updated my score showing WR-Beckham with -12 return yards which dropped my score by -1.2 points. Are you kidding me? Where is this negative 12 return yards?

Wednesday night
WINNING - Me 159.68, Opp 159.36 - Yahoo updated my score after a stat change gave +12 return yards back to WR-Beckham.

Thursday

LOSING - Me 158.68, Opp 159.36 - Yahoo updated my score after a stat change gave -1 points to QB-Cousins for a fumble. I give up.

I was on the opposite end of the scoring change flip-flop.

Had lost by 1.2 points very late in game Monday night, but yesterday he lost a tackle and a pass defensed by two of his guys and I gained an assisted tackle. The 1.2 pt deficit became a 1.3 pt margin. Instead of 9-1, I'm still undefeated.

I'll probably pay dearly for this later...

I picked up Jav Allen last weekend because I had a feeling that Forsett (who I also have) wouldn't hold up. Right before the Thursday game, a friend I co-manage with dropped Jav Allen for David Cobb. The lesson learned ... I need to stop co-managing teams with friends :wall:

ONE STINKING POINT from Amari Cooper and Eric Ebron today!

You have to be kidding me! Everyone and their grandma had this game as a shoot out!

I can't believe it! Only good thing today for me was that I have Javarious Allen.....and I need running backs, so I got that going forward.

Pouring one out for all the West owners watching him go down with a hammy and Spencer Ware going for near 100 and 2 TDs///

The good: Traded Forsett for AJ Green before the Thursday games, processes on Tuesday

The bad: West going down and Ware scoring like crazy

The ugly: Benched Cam this week. In favor of Carr. I liked the matchup better.

I, friends, am a moron.

The good: Traded Forsett for AJ Green before the Thursday games, processes on Tuesday

I, friends, am a moron.
you benched cam vs washington?

LOL. Needless runs from Gordon at the end of the KC game pushed them to 201 total yards... last run for 1 yard just cost my Chiefs D/ST 5 points.

I, friends, am a moron.
you benched cam vs washington?
Yep. We get 10 bonus points for 300 yard passing games, and all of the projections were showing Carr with a much better chance to do so. Went against my gut, and should know better by now.

Assuming Lynch was going to play and only options with 1:00 start times I left Rawls on my bench. Still a good shot at winning but trailing badly in case of a tie with others in the points scored tie breaker. Concerned Rawls may not be a decent starting option even next week

Wow!!!!!

Is it just my 4 teams consisting of 40 different players or just the whole league scoring low. I'm an Australian shift worker. I gotta wake up to this **** and go to work tonight. I'm having the day off.

In one team my RB's were decimated so much my last 2Rb's west and woodhead. Now west goes down. I may have to STREAM RB's. WTF

One team I have Freeman and West. Lucky I've got Williams on the bye, but even that! Williams was a waiver wire pick up 2 weeks ago. Now my RB1. My RB2 coming off the waiver wire this week

In one 10-team league I drafted Charles, Forsett and Foster and picked up Lewis on the wire.

I now have Alfred Blue and Isaiah Crowell.

got tied up at the end of the early games and missed the Lynch is inactive news, so left Rawls and his 37 points on my bench (started Lacy, so got 10 from him). Gonna need 40+ points from Brady and Lafell tomorrow to catch up now.

Due to Jeffery being out, i cut Rawls for crowerler (he got .5 points) to not a take a 0.

other cut optios where OBJ MBryant Reed Ingram :(

picked up and started Rawls against the commish at the last second for the win, he was pissed. Also stuck Rawls in every daily available, 9-2 this game is easy.

In another league I'm up by 12 and he has Mccoy left, I have brady, Gronk, and Amendola, I think it will be ok

Carr, Julio, J Landry, Freeman, Ivory, Gates, J Matthews, McManus, CIN

Yahoo projected score: 112-83 (39 point win)

Actual Score: 49 to 97 (48 point loss)

0 TDs scored by my team, played against Newton who was only 8 points behind my entire team by himself. Can't remember getting crushed like this when felt like such a heavy favorite coming in. This is like the Lions not only winning in Lambough last week, but winning by 4 TDs. What hurts is the #1 team lost and a win here would have set me up for the regular season championship + playoff bye, but now I need him to lose agains one of two bottom-half teams to have a chance. What hurts more is I thought I had 2 top-12 backs to ride into the playoffs, now where the hell am I?

Blech.

I need Sammy Watkins to outscore Danny Amendola by 5 tonight to win, 4 to tie. It's a PPR league and I have a feeling Brady will be all over Amendola tonight.

On wednesday i was struggling with what to do at rb2 this week with ingram on bye. I was desperate and put a bid in on draughn and was outbid. I had no clue what to do. My only backups on my team were rawls, white, grimes, and allen. :lmao: amazing how quickly things change. And of course i put up the high score. Now i feel like i have five usable rbs.

Wowwww. I just squeaked by in one of my leagues despite half my team wetting the bed and having nobody going tonight, while my opponent had Gronkowski. :eek:

(We aren't going to talk about how pathetic two of my other teams, including my money league team, were this week.)

Bradys pick at the end gave me the W, thanks Brady and Gronk for having terrible games in a fantasy game I already wrote off as a loss!

Sitting at the top of my league in 3 of the 4 leagues I am in. Qualified for the playoffs. Everything else is gravy and I'm absolutely hating the season, the problems with NFL in general, and thinking this is the final roundup for me. There has to be more to life than this self-imposed torture. The NFL product is so weak these days.

Liked Rawls all week as a flex in Daily Fantasy, but when I realized Lynch was out, pulled him off the WW before the afternoon games and STARTED him in my pay league. Didn't win. Losing Freeman and starting Romo over Dalton hurt. But, I have him him! Annnnnnd, that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread