What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

So sick of all the major officiating mistakes this year. It's like the refs are getting stupider. I mean, who blows the friggin' whistle in the middle of a play, because he can't see the ball. That guy needs fired TODAY. If I was that bad at my job, people would bleed out. Instead, that guy causes huge amounts of money to change hand, because he affected the point-differential. My kid lost a GAME, because of that schmuck. Might miss the playoffs BECAUSE of it.

The refs either needs to get it together, or be replaced by either better officials, or officials in the booth.

2-9, with 4th highest scoring team in a 12 team league (okay so team 4-8 are all within 30 points of each other, but still)....but knocked a team out of the playoffs this week by getting high score for the week. This week I can knock another team out of the playoffs - and depending on how other games go could knock a 3rd team out it our final week. God bless being a spoiler when there is nothing else to play for.

I picked up Jav Allen last weekend because I had a feeling that Forsett (who I also have) wouldn't hold up. Right before the Thursday game, a friend I co-manage with dropped Jav Allen for David Cobb. The lesson learned ... I need to stop co-managing teams with friends :wall:
God bless people in my league too busy with holiday-related stuff this week to be active on the waiver wire :D Was able to not only reverse this move (picking up Buck Allen for David Cobb), but secured my handcuff for Gore (getting Bradshaw, dropping Forsett), and picked up Spencer Ware as well.

My team laid a collective egg last week with 58 points. But had the good fortune to be playing the only team that was worse, and won 58-40. With 2 weeks to go, in first place (2nd in points scored) at 7-4. There are 5 of us at either 7-4 or 6-5 (and only 4 teams make the playoffs) so I'm not in the clear yet to make the playoffs. But one more win should ice it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck to my guns and benched Dez, even though most analysts seemed to be saying it's more risky than usual but you have to start him. No you don't as it turns out. That decision made me feel smart.

Also had Stafford in the early game so great day overall!

3rd highest point total in league but in 8th place out of 12 teams. In a must win situation this week to even have an outside shot of making the playoffs but of course I get the honors of going up against Calvin.

Started all three of Calvin/Tate/Riddick today in a league where I'm fighting for a bye. Also Cam, which is less impressive. But it sure was nice going into the night game on Thursday with a 91 point lead.

This game is funny. 12 team league, start 2 RB 2 WR and a flex. Right before the start of week 11, I was 9-1, 1st in points by 100+, in 3rd place because of a head-to-head loss with my division leader, and my team looked like:

Rodgers, Palmer, Carr (6 point passing TD)

Freeman, Ivory, D Wiliams, McCoy

E Sanders, Landry, Michael Floyd, J Matthews

Gates, Ebron

Then, right before the Week 11 Friday trade deadline I moved Palmer & McCoy for Julio in what felt like a master stroke - engineering a fair trade that landed me the #1 WR and a top 3 overall guy without having to give up a starter because I'd done a good job collecting value throughout the season. When looking at my ROS rankings I had 4 of the top 10 players and 5 of the top 15 - I think this was my high-water mark in 12 years of playing fantasy football in terms of how happy I was how things were going.

Then Week 11 happened - 30 point favorite going in, ended up losing by 40. 0 TDs scored by my starters. My 49 total points was the lowest total for any team that started a full roster all season, and just the third time a full team scored below 60.

Now Week 12. I was a 51/49 favorite per Yahoo going in. Coming out though, my 14 from Rodgers vs. his 44 from Stafford has me a 30/70 dog as of this morning (and I think Yahoo's giving me too good a chance). A loss here eliminates me from winning the division & the regular season title/money, and getting a playoff bye.

Rodgers and Ivory are both significantly less promising than they were 10 days ago - is Rodgers a top 5 fantasy QB ROS? Is Ivory a top 15 RB? Freeman has taken a hit too. Trade deadline is past and I only have $9 left in the FAAB (spent $55 on D Wiliams), so this is pretty much my team for the rest of the way. It is night-and-day different how I feel about the team and my chances, compared to 7 days ago.

I do have a playoff spot locked up and things can swing back to great just as fast as they swung bad. But man, after more than a decade of mostly frustration and anger (have never won the league championship) I thought it was finally coming together last week. Definitely not so sure this morning.

Need to win this week to clinch playoff spot. Stuck with Romo over Cutler.

Romo: -1

Cutler: 14

Still have a slight shot at winning that's to Lacy and Ganoand solid performances by Jeffery and Olsen. One week left in regular season.

To make matters worse, I'm now rolling with Cutler and Cousins as my QBs if I make the playoffs.

I'm 10-1 in my main league, have a first round bye already locked up, best all-play record, highest point total for the year - but I can't ####### pick the correct QB to save my life. I have far and away the best team in the league but it could be even better because I've started the correct QB only 4 of 11 weeks so far - leaving 120 points on my bench so far!!! I'm dominating the league without the QB position, and this league scores a ton of points for the QB (6 points for TD pass / 2 points for 25 yards passing - so passing yards is key).

And this week is no different because I started E. Manning over B. Hoyer and D. Carr

:wall: :bag: :violin: :sadbanana: :pokey:

Facing the lowest scoring team in my league. His core hasn't done #### all year for the most part, but he is smoking me: Stafford, Lacy, Hilton, Alfred ####ing Blue has a TD. Jeebus. I also knew the Saints offense would struggle today, but damn. Brees is absolutely worthless on the road.

Benched Landry for M Bryant in my ppr, return yardage league. First world WR problems. I win anyway.

6 straight, last two despite being the fifth highest scoring team - lucky. At 9-3 I've locked up a spot & virtually clinched a bye.

Like my chances but I've had #1 seed teams fade before. Just gotta get lucky & be hot late.

HTF does Hopkins only get 36 yards against the Saints D??

Between that and Ingram apparently having slept with Payton's wife, I feel like I got cheated out of about 20 points in that game :hot:

Started Carr over Palmer last week. Started Palmer over Carr this week. Story of my life when it comes to fantasy. Better luck next year.

The only two times i scored under 100 pts this year were both against the same guy, my top competitor in the division. One td both times i face him. Beyond frustrating. Couldve clinched a bye but now im looking like i gotta play in the first round in two weeks.

Drafted Doug Baldwin. Started him every week this season till Seattle's bye. He was average at best. The 3 weeks after the bye? He has more points in this 3 weeks than he had in the previous 8 combined.

I hate fantasy.

My most important team took a massive dump today. Better this week than during the playoffs (a spot for which I control my own destiny next week).

SOOOOO glad I dropped Russell Wilson a few weeks ago for Bortles.

After tonight and last week I would definitely be "tricked" into starting him again, where he will most certainly sink my season, just like he had done the first half of the year.

Good riddance Russ.

TZM

We don't know about Gronk yet. He was walking around after getting the x-ray, plus his leg was in the air, not planted. I still have hope he's not lost for the fantasy season.

#### this game

d lewis, gronk, graham, hyde, amedola,

im done with dynasty - whats the gd point?

Thank the skies above for this thread. I'll feel better after I do this.

Benched Lacy, started Hurns.

Hurns gets a concussion, leaves game in 4th.

Palmer to Brown - Brown steps out before catching a TD.

Palmer must have had 6 chances from inside the 5, couldn't convert any, the Cards finally run it in.

Rawls to the 1/2 yard line, then after the play personal foul on Seattle so they have to throw it in.

Rawls stopped for the 2 point conversion.

Barth misses a FGA and an XPA.

Bolden breaks free for that crazy deep pass TD from Brady.

36 lousy yards from Hopkins vs my Saints.

Olsen dropped a TD squarely in his arms.

And that's how I lost by 3 tonight.

PPR League, how do I choose one to bench, Fitz, Marshall, Landry, M Bryant. Ive never hit such a gold mine of WRs.

Started 0-3. Now am 8-4 and I've finally clinched the playoffs (only 4 teams make it in this league). Didn't have a particularly good week, but managed to avoid all the fantasy minefields on my opponent. At the start of the season, I sure didn't see having to start Blake Bortles, Buck Allen, and Spencer Ware in week 12. And if I did see that, I would've assumed that my team really really sucks :D

Started 0-3. Now am 8-4 and I've finally clinched the playoffs (only 4 teams make it in this league). Didn't have a particularly good week, but managed to avoid all the fantasy minefields on my opponent. At the start of the season, I sure didn't see having to start Blake Bortles, Buck Allen, and Spencer Ware in week 12. And if I did see that, I would've assumed that my team really really sucks :D
GJ man, I came back from 1-4 to get to 8-4. I feel good about my team right now. Beer helps my feeling.

Clinched the #2 seed and a bye in both leagues. I can relax for two weeks

Been fighting an uphill battle all season after starting 2-4. But I just rattled off my 6th straight win to close the regular season, finish 8-4, and take the Wildcard. Also first in points by 100 pts.

And my team did it in blockbuster fashion. Delivered the death blow with a monster score that could end up being the top score of the year. 164 and counting, with McCown & Barnidge to play. I benched Brady like an idiot, or I'd be sitting at about 190. Only about ten 200 pt days in the 15 year history of our league.

Goin to the Playoffs, baby!

benched landry for hurns,

last I heard revis was playing, worked until 1:30 sunday didn't know he was out

Lost bc of it, 9-3 still have #1 spot clinched

Venting, bragging, preparing to grieve...

My 12 team dynasty, finished as the highest scoring team in league's history last year:

Josh Gordon - suspended 1 year
Andrew Luck - missed 4 of 11 games and counting
J. Charles - IR after week 5
Dez Bryant - missed 5 games, then no Romo, now no Romo again
Desean Jackson - missed basically 7 games
Michael Floyd - started year injured, not useable for first 3 games
Gronk - hurt just in time for playoffs (get well soon Rob!)

I've had 4 single digit losses, so I was 6-5 going into this week despite cobbling together the highest scoring team by a fair margin. I needed to win this week to insure a playoff spot, so I dropped Scott Chandler to pick up Josh McCown for a spot start at QB... so of course this is the week Gronk gets injured, and I ended up not needing McCown. Now I have to scratch for the TE waiver wire crumbs, since I am playing week 14; if I swapped schedules with the division leader, we'd both be 8-4, but I'd have the (likely) bye with a 140 point advantage for the tiebreaker, instead he is 11-1 and I am 7-5.

Special thanks to the previous Chris Ivory owner for letting him go for so cheap in offseason RFA, the LeVeon Bell owner for dropping Deangelo Williams for no good reason a couple of weeks before Bell's injury, and another fellow owner for throwing in Donte Moncrief for basically free in a preseason trade. Those three guys have really helped me get through byes and injuries.

Now I prepare for a week 14 early playoff bad luck loss.

#### this game

d lewis, gronk, graham, hyde, amedola,

im done with dynasty - whats the gd point?
Dynasty is what makes seasons like these bearable. You can lose 4-5 great players in an injury-infested season like this (and I have) and still enjoy what they did for you in the past and look forward to the future. In redrafts, it's just a complete #### the bed season the moment you lose 1-2 great players early in the season.

Playing against Stafford (mostly) ... down 70-17 going into the weekend.

Philip Rivers, ADP, DeAngelo Williams, ODB, Stevie Johnson, Allen Robinson, Travis Kelce go off for my team ... up by 60 points going into MNF.

:pickle:

I grabbed Hauschka as an FA after he was dropped during his bye. Thought my woes at kicker were done. He almost cost me a win last week and he cost me the win this week with back to back 1 point scores. Dropped from 3rd place all the way to 7th.

I grabbed Hauschka as an FA after he was dropped during his bye. Thought my woes at kicker were done.
You are me and I am you. Still, has a soft schedule to close so I'm riding it out.
Hauschka isn't someone you can realistically bench.....at least in my opinion.

He seems to be top 5 or so year in and year out.

Now that aside, I know he had an extra point blocked yesterday, didn't he get a FG or another extra point blocked last week as well?

That is terribly fluky and something no human can predict.

To boot- Its not like the Seahawks offense wasn't firing yesterday from what I saw.

The opportunities should be there.

I own him in one league, and I don't like his recent results but thats just part of the game.

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread