What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Jacobs will be a stud this year (1 Viewer)

Doesn't the ball have to be at the 1- or 2-yard line for it to technically be considered a goal-line carry, kind of like how 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2 are considered short yardage, but 3rd and 3 isn't?

Of course, you left out the part about 2nd and 6 being more of a passing down. Of course Jacobs could be taken out in that situation.
Um...that "situation" was a direct result of Jacobs losing three yards. It was 1st and goal from the 3 before they gave him the ball.
And your point is that the Giants don't give Jacobs the ball "at the stripe"? :goodposting:
Not after that episode, they didn't. They went to Ward. Twice. People in the thread looking for information about Jacobs will appreciate knowing what is happening with the NYG backfield. I am not going to get caught up in semantics.

Jacobs had a chance to score from the three. He went backwards and was replaced. However, I am sure some will try to spin this as positive for him.

Jacobs had a chance to score from the three. He went backwards and was replaced. However, I am sure some will try to spin this as positive for him.
Jacobs had a chance to score from the one. He went forward and scored. However, I am sure some will try to spin this as a negative for him.

Of course, you left out the part about 2nd and 6 being more of a passing down. Of course Jacobs could be taken out in that situation.
Um...that "situation" was a direct result of Jacobs losing three yards. It was 1st and goal from the 3 before they gave him the ball.
And your point is that the Giants don't give Jacobs the ball "at the stripe"? :lol:
Not after that episode, they didn't. They went to Ward. Twice. People in the thread looking for information about Jacobs will appreciate knowing what is happening with the NYG backfield. I am not going to get caught up in semantics.

Did that cost you in your game this week? Thankfully it didnt cost me in mine :rolleyes:

The Bengals played pretty good run D for the first time all season, maybe since early last season. They do this only because my fantasy team was dependent on them playing like they normally do.

I thought obvious fishing is against FBG policy. Why is HK still allowed to post here? If the rules were applied to everyone equally, HK would have been banned a long time ago.

I thought obvious fishing is against FBG policy. Why is HK still allowed to post here? If the rules were applied to everyone equally, HK would have been banned a long time ago.
He'd just post as another alias

WiDDoW_MaKeR said:
Jacobs is fine. The Bengals were stacking the box everytime that Jacobs was in the game.
Very True.. for some reason, they weren't letting Eli throw the ball deep. Not until the end of the game anyway...

21 116

15 93

14 35, 1 TD

I never thought he'd finish in the top 10. While I agree his numbers are trending downward, top 20 is certainly reasonable.

I am a Jacobs owner. Yes, of course I know that HK is just trying to push buttons and must have more football knowledge than he's showing here, so I'm not responding to his nonsense. Simply contributing my thoughts on Jacobs.

Anyway, in the three games I've seen Jacobs play this season, I am very pleased with his running. He is truly a beast and is every bit as effective as I thought he'd be when I drafted him.

That being said, until Ward gets hurt, or is ineffective, Jacobs will never be the fantasy stud that he could be. With Ward playing well, Coughlin has no reason to give Jacobs 25 carries. Jacobs could be Michael Turner-good with 25 carries and all the red zone work, but he's not getting that right now.

The 100 yard game was nice, as was his touchdown this week. What his owners need is a game where he gets good yardage and scores. Or scores twice. I don't know about other leagues, but my league doesn't award points for bowling over safeties or taking a breather on the sidelines while your backup dives into the endzone.

His performance is encouraging, but his playing time is frustrating. When you see those great matchups, like Cinncinatti, and come away with a short TD and very little yardage, it makes you really wonder about starting the guy against good defenses.

What's Jacobs' contract situation? maybe get moved in the near future?
Jacobs wanted an extension last off-season but the Giants didn't offer him anything significant so he's a FA at the end of the year. I think they wanted to see if he can play a full season without injury before breaking the bank on him. However, with how good Ward and Bradshaw have looked, I'm not sure breaking the bank on Jacobs is the wisest choice for the G-Men. Ward is only signed for a 1 year contract as well.

in the three games I've seen Jacobs play this season, I am very pleased with his running. He is truly a beast and is every bit as effective as I thought he'd be when I drafted him.

That being said, until Ward gets hurt, or is ineffective, Jacobs will never be the fantasy stud that he could be. With Ward playing well, Coughlin has no reason to give Jacobs 25 carries. Jacobs could be Michael Turner-good with 25 carries and all the red zone work, but he's not getting that right now.

The 100 yard game was nice, as was his touchdown this week. What his owners need is a game where he gets good yardage and scores. Or scores twice. I don't know about other leagues, but my league doesn't award points for bowling over safeties or taking a breather on the sidelines while your backup dives into the endzone.

His performance is encouraging, but his playing time is frustrating. When you see those great matchups, like Cinncinatti, and come away with a short TD and very little yardage, it makes you really wonder about starting the guy against good defenses.
:goodposting: Excellent post, actually. Exactly what I came here to say. All of it. Derrick Ward is absolutely driving me nuts. I wish the guy would go into the ministry or something and quit football. I'm trying not to get too upset about the situation, mainly because I turned Eddie Royal's awesome Week 1 performance into basically a straight-up trade for Jacobs, which I thought was a steal. Now I'm not so sure.

I will never wish an injury on anyone, but it may take a fumbling spell from Ward to get Jacobs the carries we need him to get. Failing that, a couple more weeks like this and I'm going to try to move him to an owner who may not be privy to the time share situation he's currently in. :(

in the three games I've seen Jacobs play this season, I am very pleased with his running. He is truly a beast and is every bit as effective as I thought he'd be when I drafted him.

:rolleyes: Excellent post, actually. Exactly what I came here to say. All of it. Derrick Ward is absolutely driving me nuts. I wish the guy would go into the ministry or something and quit football. I'm trying not to get too upset about the situation, mainly because I turned Eddie Royal's awesome Week 1 performance into basically a straight-up trade for Jacobs, which I thought was a steal. Now I'm not so sure.

I will never wish an injury on anyone, but it may take a fumbling spell from Ward to get Jacobs the carries we need him to get. Failing that, a couple more weeks like this and I'm going to try to move him to an owner who may not be privy to the time share situation he's currently in. :lol:
:raiseseyebrow:Even if someone is living under a rock and doesen't know about the RBBC they will still look at the bottom line, Jacobs points, yards, TD, catches ect.

And he is not going to stack up to a whole lot so good luck with moving him. I think you better move now rather than later though if your going to do it.

Bigger problem I see is that Jacobs while a bruiser and great for attrition and morale, may not be the best RB on the roster. That might lead to more of a time share than your going to like as the season wears on.

So I would stop being greedy and start being honest with yourself. The Bengals are not a good defense and Jacobs did not get the job done.

With his inability to stack up lots of yards or put up huge games I decided to dish him. Ward and Bradshaw are both in the mix and I could also see Jacobs going down for some reason. I packaged him with Calvin Johnson for Wayne and McNabb. We'll see how it shakes out but he just doesn't seem like he's in a situation to have huge games. 10-12 point a week is okay when you get the occasional 20-30 point game. With him I don't see it happening.

update:3) Not the GL RB? Check
:confused:
Code:
2-1-CIN1 (10:44) B.Jacobs left guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
Code:
1-3-SEA3 (3:51) B.Jacobs right tackle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Code:
1-1-SEA1 (7:31) B.Jacobs right guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

With his inability to stack up lots of yards or put up huge games I decided to dish him....he just doesn't seem like he's in a situation to have huge games....10-12 point a week is okay when you get the occasional 20-30 point game. With him I don't see it happening.
Oh well, sometimes you're right & sometimes you're wrong. :coffee:

:goodposting: 2-1-CIN1 (10:44) B.Jacobs left guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
Code:
Code:
:nerd:
Code:
Code:
:coffee: waiting to hear who is the GL Back if it isn't Jacobs

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't get over, as a Jacobs owner in one league, the fact that he had a TD sniped by ELI!!! Come on give it to the beast.
You'll see that all year. Get used to it. That's part of the problem.
:lmao: You expect Manning to have 16 rushing TDs this year? And Droughns was inactive tonight. Get used to the beast toting the rock on the goalline.
No. Just like last year you'll see opportunity after opportunity taken away from him. Somehow, someway. That's what happened last year, and I don't expect it to change this year.If you don't remember Jacobs of last year maybe you'll remember Fast Willie Parker. You'll sit there (just like tonight) and say to yourself "yes, there on the goalline, here comes Jacobs" and then someone else will score, someone else will get the carry.
good call

Jacobs 16 touchesWard/Bradshaw 20 touchesOof.
Yes, but H.K., can you please tell us just one more time how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :lmao:
One game does not a season make. Also, from this week:
1-7-SEA 7 (10:16) 44-A.Bradshaw right end to SEA 5 for 2 yards (93-C.Terrill).
Not a whole lot of people arguing whether it's still an RBBC or discussing Jacobs receiving ability, either.

Yes, but H.K., can you please tell us just one more time how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :sarcasm:
Not a whole lot of people arguing whether it's still an RBBC or discussing Jacobs receiving ability, either.
Yawn.. the fishing is getting crazy now. Trying to back up the goal-line argument when the main starters were pulled is just making you look more foolish each week. if it's a close game, Bradshaw doesn't see the field. Ward is the back-up and is to give Jacobs a breather.

Yes, but H.K., can you please tell us just one more time how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :P
Yawn.. the fishing is getting crazy now. Trying to back up the goal-line argument when the main starters were pulled is just making you look more foolish each week. if it's a close game, Bradshaw doesn't see the field. Ward is the back-up and is to give Jacobs a breather.
:shrug: It's a rotation. The Giants staff said in pre-season that they would play the hot hand each week, and that is what they have done. Jacobs benefitted from playing against a lousy opponent this week, but reading anything other than that out of this game is inaccurate.

Yes, but H.K., can you please tell us just one more time how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :shrug:
One game does not a season make.
Your schtick is strong Grasshopper.So what do you say we take a look at a previous game & the Goal Line carry?
Code:
I never tire of your spin H.K., so I ask again, can you please tell us just one more time how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :P On a side note*Have you ever thought about a career in Politics? I seriously think you would be very good.

Yes, but H.K., can you please tell us just one more time how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :shrug:
I was at the game, and I barely remember Bradshaw touching the ball before Carr was in.

:goodposting: :lmao: :lmao: no wait what I meant was.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: thanks HK, I really hate Mondays, and needed that.
Oh he's a great spinmiester, you've got to give him a tip of the hat on that.For more chuckles, check out H.K.'s schtick in the Greg Jennings thread....
Only four receptions out of 25 completions by Rodgers. Oof.
Of course what H.K. fails to mention, is that Jennings lead his team in receiving yesterday, going 4 - 87 - 1

Forget about HK being incredibly wrong at every turn; his comments are not worthy. Let's focus on what is important.

In every one of my threads I have been very supportive of Jacobs and have stated that if healthy he will be a very productive fantasy starter. I also pointed out that while he does take hits, his injuries last year were fluke types of injuries and not sustained from the hard hits he takes (as most of us assumed would be his demise). his injuries were a hammy when he tried to jump a guy and his knee when he was planted and a linemen got pushed back into the knee (fluke). This year, he has run with excellent vision and power behind a very good run blocking line. Jacobs is a fantastic blocker of picking up the blitz (he did a great job this week). The weakest part of Jacobs game is receiving, but he did catch the only ball thrown his way and then carried the defender for a few yards. I have been on record stating that he is not terrible at catching, but he has not really done much to prove me correct on this, but I think he can be at least OK in this role.

As an all around player, he is a weapon for the Giants and is the best RB on their team. That being said, the Giants would be smart to keep him fresh and use the talents of Bradshaw and Ward to keep all fresh as Ward and Bradshaw are good also.

Bradshaw will get more work against teams where the spread offense would be more appropriate.

Forget about HK being incredibly wrong at every turn; his comments are not worthy. Let's focus on what is important.

The weakest part of Jacobs game is receiving, but he did catch the only ball thrown his way and then carried the defender for a few yards. I have been on record stating that he is not terrible at catching, but he has not really done much to prove me correct on this, but I think he can be at least OK in this role.
This is the funniest schtick going!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ward gets all the receptions - again.

Ward goes over 100 yards on only 10 carries and outperforms Jacobs - again.

The only two Giants TD drives were when Ward started the series. Incredible how wide open the offense becomes when he or Bradshaw are in the game. Jacobs makes the entire team lethargic and plodding when he is on the field.

All Jacobs did last night was have a brutal facemask penalty called on him to negate a nice play.

When will the switch be made? It's time this stupid little experiment ends and the Giants put a multi-dimensional NFL caliber RB in their backfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ward gets all the receptions - again.

Ward goes over 100 yards on only 10 carries and outperforms Jacobs - again.

The only two Giants TD drives were when Ward started the series. Incredible how wide open the offense becomes when he or Bradshaw are in the game. Jacobs makes the entire team lethargic and plodding when he is on the field.

All Jacobs did last night was have a brutal facemask penalty called on him to negate a nice play.

When will the switch be made? It's time this stupid little experiment ends and the Giants put a multi-dimensional NFL caliber RB in their backfield.
Ask MIke Adams if that was all he did. :bag:

Ward gets all the receptions - again.Ward goes over 100 yards on only 10 carries and outperforms Jacobs - again.The only two Giants TD drives were when Ward started the series. Incredible how wide open the offense becomes when he or Bradshaw are in the game. Jacobs makes the entire team lethargic and plodding when he is on the field.All Jacobs did last night was have a brutal facemask penalty called on him to negate a nice play.When will the switch be made? It's time this stupid little experiment ends and the Giants put a multi-dimensional NFL caliber RB in their backfield.
:fishing:

For such a "complete and abject failure", he has now moved up to the 17th ranked RB in my league putting him in the middle echelon. And thats for PPR. I would assume he would be even higher in non-PPR. I must say that the only reason I watched that game last night was to see Jacobs run people over. Guy is a beast and an exciting player to watch.

Im sure Ill jinx him now, but the last "bad" game he had was week 1 last yr when he got hurt. Guy is almost a lock for double digit pts every week.

Ward gets all the receptions - again.Ward goes over 100 yards on only 10 carries and outperforms Jacobs - again.The only two Giants TD drives were when Ward started the series. Incredible how wide open the offense becomes when he or Bradshaw are in the game. Jacobs makes the entire team lethargic and plodding when he is on the field.All Jacobs did last night was have a brutal facemask penalty called on him to negate a nice play.When will the switch be made? It's time this stupid little experiment ends and the Giants put a multi-dimensional NFL caliber RB in their backfield.
Jacobs is on pace for 1400 yards rushing and 12-13 touchdowns. If that is an "experiment", there are a lot of teams that would like to do it.I do agree that if the Giants get behind, Jacobs becomes much less of a factor. But with the Giant's defense, I don't see that happening too often.

I am not a big fan of Jacobs, but he is currently 6th in the NFL in rushing, 4th in the NFL in yards per carry, and tied for 7th in rushing touchdowns. That is just awful, isn't it? :goodposting:

I am not a big fan of Jacobs, but he is currently 6th in the NFL in rushing, 4th in the NFL in yards per carry, and tied for 7th in rushing touchdowns. That is just awful, isn't it? :goodposting:
That's an endorsement on how good the OL has been playing. Both Ward and Bradshaw have better YPC's', either one of them would be leading the league if they were getting more work....and they can catch. Writing is on the wall here, Jacobs' contract was not renewed for a reason.

update:

3) Not the GL RB? Check
:unsure:
Code:
Code:
Code:
1-7-CLE7 (12:16) B.Jacobs left tackle for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
What's interesting about the last TD referenced above, is that Ward was in & getting the carries until they got to within a Goal to Go situation.Once that happened, Ward was pulled in favor of Jacobs.

So H.K., once again, can you please tell us all how Jacobs is NOT the GL RB?

We're all waiting on pins & needles to see how you manage to spin it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread