What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Jacobs will be a stud this year (1 Viewer)

update:

3) Not the GL RB? Check
:unsure:
2-1-CIN1 (10:44) B.Jacobs left guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
Code:
1-3-SEA3 (3:51) B.Jacobs right tackle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Code:
1-1-SEA1 (7:31) B.Jacobs right guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
Code:
1-7-CLE7 (12:16) B.Jacobs left tackle for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
What's interesting about the last TD referenced above, is that Ward was in & getting the carries until they got to within a Goal to Go situation.

Once that happened, Ward was pulled in favor of Jacobs.

So H.K., once again, can you please tell us all how Jacobs is NOT the GL RB?

We're all waiting on pins & needles to see how you manage to spin it. ;)
No spin. Same thing you pro-Jacobs people have said earlier in the year:1) Ward came out because he was tired

2) The 7 yard line is not the goal line

Jacobs did not get any GL carries this week as you people define it, but Ward was the RB in the game at the 3 yard line when they passed to Burress for the TD. If Jacobs is the GL RB, he should be in the game there. He wasn't.

Ward gets a large amount of his yardage in passing situation on draws and delays when the defense is giving up the run to make sure they don't get beat downfield.

I would like to see what Jacobs could do if they would ever let the guy get in some kind of rhythm. I would like to see them attempt to force feed him the ball and just let him for once get in a groove and make the defense stop them from running. Instead it's 6 or 7 yard gains on first down, and then a pass on 2nd and 3 and a pass on 2nd and 4. It would go a long way towards wearing out the defense if they would just run Jacobs right at them in the first quarter, but instead you see drives like this. Gains of 7, 6, and 5 on his first three runs of the game and then throw it. If you are gaining 5-7 yards a run, why even try anything else until they stop that? Just my two cents but most RB's get a certain amount of carries to establish a rhythm, they don't seem to do that with Jacobs....for whatever reason.

1-10-NYG28 (10:05) 27-B.Jacobs left end to NYG 35 for 7 yards (20-M.Adams, 54-A.Davis).

2-3-NYG35 (9:23) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short middle to 12-S.Smith to NYG 45 for 10 yards (52-D.Jackson).

1-10-NYG45 (8:44) 27-B.Jacobs left tackle to CLE 49 for 6 yards (54-A.Davis).

2-4-CLE49 (8:02) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short right to 88-M.Matthews to CLE 36 for 13 yards (21-B.Pool, 52-D.Jackson).

1-10-CLE36 (7:16) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete deep middle to 89-K.Boss.

2-10-CLE36 (7:10) 27-B.Jacobs left guard to CLE 31 for 5 yards (52-D.Jackson, 54-A.Davis).

3-5-CLE31 (6:27) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass deep left intended for 17-P.Burress INTERCEPTED by 21-B.Pool [95-K.Wimbley] at CLE 5. 21-B.Pool to CLE 29 for 24 yards (76-C.Snee).

update:

3) Not the GL RB? Check
:yawn:
Code:
Code:
Code:
What's interesting about the last TD referenced above, is that Ward was in & getting the carries until they got to within a Goal to Go situation.

No spin. 1) Ward came out because he was tired
Up the point that Ward got pulled in a Goal to Go situation, he had carried the ball a whopping three (3) times....but according to you...he was tired!No spin? :goodposting:

C'mon dude, that's all you got? You normally have much stronger spin than that.

H.K. I'm very disappointed with your spin today. This is not at all up to your usual standards. :(

update:

3) Not the GL RB? Check
:goodposting:
Code:
Code:
Code:

We're all waiting on pins & needles to see how you manage to spin it. :popcorn:
No spin. Same thing you pro-Jacobs people have said earlier in the year:1) Ward came out because he was tired

Jacobs did not get any GL carries this week as you people define it, but Ward was the RB in the game at the 3 yard line when they passed to Burress for the TD. If Jacobs is the GL RB, he should be in the game there. He wasn't.
Holy Christ, you're an absolute mess.

update:

3) Not the GL RB? Check
:goodposting:
Code:
Code:
Code:

We're all waiting on pins & needles to see how you manage to spin it. :lmao:

Dammit.& I just traded Megatron for Jacobs. :popcorn:

I like HK. The 2 players he's bashing the most (Jennings and Jacobs) are on my dynasty team and they just keep producing. Let the bashing continue!!

3C said:
I like HK. The 2 players he's bashing the most (Jennings and Jacobs) are on my dynasty team and they just keep producing. Let the bashing continue!!
Exactly...I have Jennings and have been working on the Jacobs owner.Any other guys HK spins so I know to go after them too?Better yet...I might need to see if I can get him to talk bad about a few of my underachievers so that they might step up and start playing well.

Last edited by a moderator:
H.K. said:
Big Score said:
update:

3) Not the GL RB? Check
:)
Code:
Code:
Code:

We're all waiting on pins & needles to see how you manage to spin it. :D

Except that it wasn't a running situation at that point. The Giants were out of timeouts and there were only 17 seconds left in the half.

3C said:
Exactly...I have Jennings and have been working on the Jacobs owner.Any other guys HK spins so I know to go after them too?

Better yet...I might need to see if I can get him to talk bad about a few of my underachievers so that they might step up and start playing well.
Have you guys not gotten this yet? Jacbos is on HK's team. The whole point of this stupid thread (and the same thread last year, and the Antonio Gates thread the year before that) is that he wants to reverse-jinx Jacobs. He really should be banned for pissing in the Shark Pool, but the people who respond to his lunacy are the ones who wind up looking like chumps.

3C said:
Exactly...I have Jennings and have been working on the Jacobs owner.Any other guys HK spins so I know to go after them too?

Better yet...I might need to see if I can get him to talk bad about a few of my underachievers so that they might step up and start playing well.
Have you guys not gotten this yet? Jacbos is on HK's team. The whole point of this stupid thread (and the same thread last year, and the Antonio Gates thread the year before that) is that he wants to reverse-jinx Jacobs. He really should be banned for pissing in the Shark Pool, but the people who respond to his lunacy are the ones who wind up looking like chumps.
:rolleyes: I started this thread. HK has just ruined it for others. Not me cuz I know he has him on his team and I just ignore his posts.

update:3) Not the GL RB? Check
:lmao:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
2-2-SF 2 (15:00) B.Jacobs left guard for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Oh H.K........ Paging H.K........Please tell us once again how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :thumbup: Now I warn you H.K., we're all expecting much better spin from you, than what you gave us last week. Last weeks spin was just plain pitiful. :thumbup:

Might be a good time to sell high. He has a brutal schedule coming up. Not an easy game in the bunch. He'll still get his TDs so Im not expecting a huge decline in #s but 100 yd games are gonna be alot harder to come by especially with him splitting carries and not getting any receptions.

Oh H.K........ Paging H.K........Please tell us once again how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :shock: Now I warn you H.K., we're all expecting much better spin from you, than what you gave us last week. Last weeks spin was just plain pitiful. :angry:
Law of averages. He gets an occasional GL carry when its his turn in the rotation, which is rare because he can't catch or stay healthy. Why didn't you respond to the RBBC question? :X

You apparently are not watching any of the games?

Even when Ward comes in for a series, Jacobs comes in for GL packages. You are a cartoon. :shrug:

You apparently are not watching any of the games? Even when Ward comes in for a series, Jacobs comes in for GL packages. You are a cartoon. :lmao:
Ward was in there when they were inside the 5 yard line after Jacobs failed to punch in it on 1st and 2nd down.

update:

3) Not the GL RB? Check
:thumbup:
Code:
Code:
Code:

Dammit.& I just traded Megatron for Jacobs. :yes:
I did too####!!!!

Oh H.K........

Paging H.K........

Please tell us once again how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :P

Now I warn you H.K., we're all expecting much better spin from you, than what you gave us last week. Last weeks spin was just plain pitiful. :(
Law of averages. He gets an occasional GL carry when its his turn in the rotation, which is rare because he can't catch or stay healthy. Why didn't you respond to the RBBC question? :yes:
Oh, that fun "law of averages". The Giants have had 36 snaps in the red zone. Obviously, not all of those are "goal line", however you define that. Too small of a sample size to even consider, plus this isn't a random variable.
The law of averages is a lay term used to express a belief that outcomes of a random event shall "even out" within a small sample.

As invoked in everyday life, the "law" usually reflects bad statistics or wishful thinking rather than any mathematical principle. While there is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample, the law of averages typically assumes that unnatural short-term "balance" must occur.
Anyway, despite knowing that this is just schtick, I'll bite.This is most certainly a RBBC. That doesn't mean that Jacobs can't be a stud from a fantasy perspective.

First, the Giants are playing very well and there is going to be plenty of production. The offensive line is dominating teams, and the defense is playing great. They want to lean heavily on teh run regardless but especially when they jump out to a big lead. Even Bradshaw who is clearly the third option can be a productive fantasy starter at times.

Jacobs is clearly the lead horse in this RBBC. He got 17 of the 29 carries by RBs yesterday. On the year, the Giants have rushed 169 times - Jacobs has 96 (56%), Ward has 47 (27%), Bradshaw has 26 (15%). He also has 6 of the 8 scores by RBs this year.

As I said in the countless Ten discussions, each of these players in "Earth, Wind and Fire" (as they refer to themselves) complement each other. I fully believe that Jacobs is more effective because of the dynamic that each of these backs bring - as they say, the sum is greater than the parts here in terms of production.

Would Jacobs be averaging 5.4 YPC if he was getting an extra 5-10 carries per game? Would he have the burst to break the big runs? Hard to say. Though we'd like to say he would have better fantasy production "if only he got 76% of the carries vs. 56%", I would argue that he's fresher when the defense is worn down and is thus doing more with his carries.

And if you're saying that staying healthy is one of his biggest concerns, then it should be seen as a great thing that he's getting enough carries to be productive but not too many such that he wears down and is susceptible to injury.

Oh H.K........ Paging H.K........Please tell us once again how Jacobs is not the Goal Line Back. :lmao: Now I warn you H.K., we're all expecting much better spin from you, than what you gave us last week. Last weeks spin was just plain pitiful. :(
Law of averages. He gets an occasional GL carry when its his turn in the rotation, which is rare because he can't catch or stay healthy. Why didn't you respond to the RBBC question? :fro:
Ok we can close the thread now. Jacobs is not nor ever been the GL back. The KC chiefs ARE the best team in the NFL and LJ is a stand up kinda guy. Oh and if OBama gets elected all problems will be fixed and everything will be given to us for free. what are the others...check's in the mail...I wont...

Might be a good time to sell high. He has a brutal schedule coming up. Not an easy game in the bunch. He'll still get his TDs so Im not expecting a huge decline in #s but 100 yd games are gonna be alot harder to come by especially with him splitting carries and not getting any receptions.
I'd be interested in some more thoughts on this, the upcoming schedule is brutal for RBs, Pitt, Dallas, Philly, Baltimore.Thoughts?

Oh and if OBama gets elected all problems will be fixed and everything will be given to us for free.
Really, you think Obama is the one promising free stuff? It sounds like Obama is the one saying that we'll have to make sacrifices and choices, while McCain keeps claiming that the government, which is already trillions of dollars in debt and with a deficit nearing a trillion per year (due to the policies that he has supported and encouraged during his time in the Senate), can keep giving free money to taxpayers.(Just doing my part to try to make this a useful thread.)

I'd be interested in some more thoughts on this, the upcoming schedule is brutal for RBs, Pitt, Dallas, Philly, Baltimore.Thoughts?
Dallas is the only 2 easy games he has left. I was wrong in my original post

No one can stop the Monster.. I would be buying

A very well rounded week of failure for Jacobs.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

3) Can't score from the 1...twice

4) Replaced and drastically outplayed by Ward

A very well rounded week of failure for Jacobs.1) 2.6 YPC2) Fumble3) Can't score from the 1...twice4) Replaced and drastically outplayed by Ward
Good to see you back. You've been pretty scarce recently. :shock: By the way, most owners who had anything decent on their bench, gave Jacobs the week off. I don't think anyone was expecting a huge performance.For the seaon, Jacobs owners are reaping the rewards of an excellent draft pick. :confused:

A very well rounded week of failure for Jacobs.1) 2.6 YPC2) Fumble3) Can't score from the 1...twice4) Replaced and drastically outplayed by Ward
1) Steelers2) never really had the ball3) looked like he was in to me4) Ward was less than 3 YPC as well. Jacobs 18 carries to Ward's 13

:goodposting: But, but , but H.K. ........how can this be?

Remember now, you've told us over & over again that Jacobs is not the goal line back.

No RB gets two attempts from the 1 if they're not their teams goal line back, especially when one of those two attempts, is on 4th down.

After 7 games, currently has: 114 carries for 563 yds and 6 TDs.

---Has a 4.9 ypc average. This is currently 3rd in the NFL for RB's with over 70 carries

---On pace to carry the ball 261 times. This would have been good for 11th in the NFL last year.

---On pace for 1287 rushing yds. This would have been good for 6th in the NFL last year

---On pace for 14 rushing TDs. This would have been good for 2nd in the NFL last year.

---Has missed 0 games due to injury so far this year

---Has scored in 4 of the last 5 games (only one was this past week vs. Pitt and he had a good chance to)

---Is currently 13th in fantasy PPG in one of my non-ppr leagues and 15th in my 0.5 ppr league.

Worthless, I tell ya....

Of note, here are the top rushers vs. Pitt in every week so far:

Week 1 -- Slaton for 43 yds

Week 2 -- J. Lewis for 38 yds

Week 3 -- Buckhalter for 43 yds

Week 4 -- McClain for 63 yds

Week 5 -- Fred Taylor for 19 yds

Week 6 -- Bye

Week 7 -- C. Benson for 52 yds

That's sick.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

We're still waiting as to how youre going to spin this one. Tell us exactly how Jacobs is clearly not the GL back. Some of us would have a tad more respect for you if you would just come take your lumps and admit that youre wrong instead of going into hiding.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

We're still waiting as to how youre going to spin this one. Tell us exactly how Jacobs is clearly not the GL back. Some of us would have a tad more respect for you if you would just come take your lumps and admit that youre wrong instead of going into hiding.
:goodposting: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.

how about this... we're going into week 9 and Jacobs has not been on the injury report yet... thats amazing for BJ.
Not so fast:
(Rotoworld) Brandon Jacobs generated only 47 yards on 18 carries and caught a six-yard pass in the Giants' Week 8 win over Pittsburgh.

Analysis: Jacobs appeared to limp slightly on the sideline at one point in the second half, but was likely just held out as a precaution. Derrick Ward's shifty running was simply more effective than Jacobs' banging style against a massive Steelers front seven. Jacobs was disappointingly stuffed twice, including once on fourth-and-inches, on the Steelers' goal line in the first quarter. He should have more success against Dallas next week.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:lmao: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Well Jacobs 6 rushing TDs and Ward zero.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:rolleyes: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Really? Check the game logs. I'll give you one quick guess (unless i missed something in my review). Try to guess the total number of carries any RB on the Giants other than Jacobs has inside the 5 this season?I'll give you a hint. It's less than 1.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:rolleyes: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Really? Check the game logs. I'll give you one quick guess (unless i missed something in my review). Try to guess the total number of carries any RB on the Giants other than Jacobs has inside the 5 this season?I'll give you a hint. It's less than 1.
Well, I was just going to go through the game logs as well, but thanks for doing my work! I was pretty sure that Jacobs had most of the carries, but I had no idea it was all of them.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:confused: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Now why did you have to go & do something silly like throw facts in there.H.K. was spinning so good until you came along with your gosh darn liberal gotcha facts.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:thumbup: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Well, I was just going to go through the game logs as well, but thanks for doing my work! I was pretty sure that Jacobs had most of the carries, but I had no idea it was all of them.
Ward has several touches between the 5 and 10, but I think one would be hard pressed to say those are GL carries.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:hifive: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Ward has several touches between the 5 and 10, but I think one would be hard pressed to say those are GL carries.
Well, H.K. already said "inside the 5" but I think he'll probably retract that and include "inside the 10" to at least have an argument.

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:lmao: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Now why did you have to go & do something silly like throw facts in there.H.K. was spinning so good until you came along with your gosh darn liberal gotcha facts.
Facts need to be true to have value.Derrick Ward

Week 8 vs. PIT

Qtr Time Score Down/Dist Yardline Description

4 9:08 9 - 14 1st-and-4 opp 4 rushed for -2 yards

Also, my statement was not just regarding carries. It was about who was on the field inside the 5. Ward has been in while Jacobs has been on the bench on multiple occasions.

Watch the games and please tell the tuth in the future. TIA.

H.K. said:
Big Score said:
starting over said:
H.K. said:
poopdawg said:

1) 2.6 YPC

2) Fumble

:cry: Did you watch the games the past few weeks? Ward has been the RB inside the five on multiple occasions...not Jacobs.
Facts need to be true to have value.Derrick Ward

Week 8 vs. PIT

Qtr Time Score Down/Dist Yardline Description

4 9:08 9 - 14 1st-and-4 opp 4 rushed for -2 yards

Also, my statement was not just regarding carries. It was about who was on the field inside the 5. Ward has been in while Jacobs has been on the bench on multiple occasions.

Watch the games and please tell the tuth in the future. TIA.
I see that HK is in here spouting the same baseless garbage that he spews in the Greg jennings thread. Glad I only have to deal with him over there. :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread