What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking - Andrew Luck to retire (2 Viewers)

Yeah, Colts fans REALLY dont know how good they've had it. Not once....but twice.....they fell ###-backwards into a hall of fame caliber QB that passed up being the #1 pick in the draft the year before to go back to school.

Good think Trevor Lawrence isn't a year older.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dov Kleiman @NFL_DovKleiman

If Andrew Luck was on the fence about the retirement thing, #Colts fans booing him the last time he's ever on the field as a member of the team probably convinced him he made the right decision.

Dov Kleiman @NFL_DovKleiman

If Andrew Luck was on the fence about the retirement thing, #Colts fans booing him the last time he's ever on the field as a member of the team probably convinced him he made the right decision.
interesting to see if this is just "a year off' will he even want to come back to the Colts

I am shocked more guys don't retire early...i think you are going to see this more and more
It has happened a bit more in the trenches and on the defensive side the past few years.  Patrick Willis and Chris Borland a couple that quit in their primes.  Telvin Smith doing a “gap” year too.

QB-wise, not on the Luck level, but Jake Locker and Kevin Kolb both retired young.  Kolb was more lingering effects from the concussions, but Locker seemed more of a beat down, like Luck, from all of the injuries.

It has happened a bit more in the trenches and on the defensive side the past few years.  Patrick Willis and Chris Borland a couple that quit in their primes.  Telvin Smith doing a “gap” year too.

QB-wise, not on the Luck level, but Jake Locker and Kevin Kolb both retired young.  Kolb was more lingering effects from the concussions, but Locker seemed more of a beat down, like Luck, from all of the injuries.
and the booing just shows you that these players owe the fans nothing...bunch of aholes.  I would walk away too.  If i was doing that press conference i would have walked up to the mike, said 's$ck it losers' and then dropped the mike on the floor and walked out

In week 3 of preseason? Weak sauce. He had to be thinking about this for a long time, you don't just wake up and decide to retire. 

On a positive note, the Colts should be in good shape next draft to grab a QB.

In week 3 of preseason? Weak sauce. He had to be thinking about this for a long time, you don't just wake up and decide to retire. 

there is a quote farther up stating that he has been talking about it with the colts for weeks

Reports are he's been mulling it over for the last 2 weeks. I'm sure the Colts were aware and this is what was behind his mysterious injury

Good for Luck.  Indy is not going anywhere this year and Luck is a rich man and set for life.  Why subject your body to more torture?   I think you will be seeing more of this in the future.  Would not be surprised if Matt Stafford is the next one to call it quits early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for Luck.  Indy is not going anywhere this year and Luck is a rich man and set for life.  Why subject your body to more torture?   I think you will be seeing more of this in the future.  Would not be surprised if Matt Stafford is not the next one to call it quits early.
I just said this exact same thing...great minds think a like

Good for Luck.  Indy is not going anywhere this year and Luck is a rich man and set for life.  Why subject your body to more torture?   I think you will be seeing more of this in the future.  Would not be surprised if Matt Stafford is not the next one to call it quits early.
I just said this exact same thing...great minds think a like
Was just telling my son this the other day. Team is nowhere close and his wife just had brain surgery a few months ago.

Obviously any good HR rep will tell everyone to wish him the best on all his future endeavours but fans who got six seasons from their franchise QB before he retires at 29 aren't entitled to be even a little miffed? Ummm okay...
I'm with you, and that's why I'm so torn. They (fans) basically give this guy a fortune, and he walks away, well before he's forced to. Feels like "quitting" to me...

The point I'm trying to make is for a QB to not even hit the age of 30 and already deciding to call it a career is absurd.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again: He's not even 30 yet!  For QBs, they usually reach the prime of their careers when they before the age of 30.  I know he's been injured, but he still had plenty of good years left.  Look at how Peyton Manning's career turned out.  Come to think of it, Peyton's just the guy to try to talk some sense into Andrew Luck.

Remember when the Colts drafted Andrew Luck to be the successor to Peyton Manning?  I really hope Peyton still has connections with the Colts and try to get through to Andrew Luck that he's leaving a lot of Colts fans befuddled with this abrupt "retirement."

Users who are viewing this thread