What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (5 Viewers)

'Major said:
'Jojo the circus boy said:
Mike, from the preview for next week:

"I'm aware of only two kinds of heists. Those where the men got away, and those that left witnesses."

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Thanks for reminding me why I am done with this thread. :thumbup: There is no way anyone who watched last week's previews enjoyed tonight's episode as much as those of us who avoid previews. I watched last week's previews after watching tonight's episode. You guys are missing out on a lot of the fun by letting the network marketing tease you on the next epsiode to get you to watch. I thought killing there was a real chance Lydia was going to get killed. If I saw the preview I would have know she wasn't. Can't believe some of you are so dense that you don't get that previews are spoilers.
:thumbup:
You guys are welcome to GTFO. This was never an issue the first 4 seasons in this thread.
Whenever someone comments in a thread telling someone to 'GTFO' it attracts all the trolls to have a troll argument under the troll bridge.
The troll is the one who constantly whines about what's going on in this thread yet keeps coming back.

'comfortably numb said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'comfortably numb said:
'jdoggydogg said:
I only watched the first season of 24 and agree with Marvin's assessment. Awful.
There really needs to be two categories of TV: TV pre-HBO and TV post-HBO. Once HBO started creating outstanding television and AMC continued with that level of quality, much of television before pales in comparison.
Pretty sure 90210 debunks your whole thought right there
Plus, 90210 invented the cliffhanger.
:goodposting:
Maybe Walt and Sklyer will buy the Peach Pit After Dark and have my boy David Silver as the resident DJ spinning hot fire

'comfortably numb said:
'jdoggydogg said:
'comfortably numb said:
I only watched the first season of 24 and agree with Marvin's assessment. Awful.
There really needs to be two categories of TV: TV pre-HBO and TV post-HBO. Once HBO started creating outstanding television and AMC continued with that level of quality, much of television before pales in comparison.
Pretty sure 90210 debunks your whole thought right there
Plus, 90210 invented the cliffhanger.
:goodposting:
I'm sure Saul has a guy that can get the sale done

'Zow said:
'Major said:

"I'm aware of only two kinds of heists. Those where the men got away, and those that left witnesses."

Thanks for reminding me why I am done with this thread. :thumbup: There is no way anyone who watched last week's previews enjoyed tonight's episode as much as those of us who avoid previews. I watched last week's previews after watching tonight's episode. You guys are missing out on a lot of the fun by letting the network marketing tease you on the next epsiode to get you to watch. I thought killing there was a real chance Lydia was going to get killed. If I saw the preview I would have know she wasn't. Can't believe some of you are so dense that you don't get that previews are spoilers.
You guys are welcome to GTFO. This was never an issue the first 4 seasons in this thread.
Yeah I don't know how anyone can come into a thread dedicated to one TV and be upset when future episodes are discussed in light of previews and/or actor comments. Part of the fun is guessing about what happens next.
If it bothered me that much I would just stay away from the thread until the series was over.

'Zow said:
'Major said:

Yeah I don't know how anyone can come into a thread dedicated to one TV and be upset when future episodes are discussed in light of previews and/or actor comments. Part of the fun is guessing about what happens next.
If it bothered me that much I would just stay away from the thread until the series was over.
Previews for next week are not the same as "actor comments."

'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'Good said:
The better the show, the more disbelief one is willing to suspend. I think a lot of people give BB much more rope than they would another show.

Bill Burr rules, btw.
I've always thought it was a bit far fetched and somewhat predictable from the first time I watched. I never got the "best show ever" thing. I like it. A lot. And I like Walt, even as an #######. This isn't The Wire, Sopranos, Lost, etc.
:lmao: You lost me at Lost.

The whole train robbery angle was garbage, they should have found a better way to jack the stuff, way too unrealistic.

The whole train robbery angle was garbage, they should have found a better way to jack the stuff, way too unrealistic.
Such as?
How did they know the tanker car was going to stop right there? How did they know where the tanker car was going to be on the train? How come Lydia knew such details of the train going from Calif to Texas?Had Jesse and Todd practiced on a tanker car to know exactly what to do?Just a few of the questions I had.However, I did like it. It was tense and fast paced. I was able to suspend reality for that moment

How did they know where the tanker car was going to be on the train? How come Lydia knew such details of the train going from Calif to Texas?
This was explained in the show. Her company orders the methlymine, and she gets an email before each shipment telling her which train it's on, and which car on that train is hers to unload.

Such as?
How did they know the tanker car was going to stop right there? They measured 814' with their wheel

How did they know where the tanker car was going to be on the train?

Tracking devices, many tankers on rails have devices to bea able to locate the tanker anywhere it moves in the world.

She could have been looking at a screen, having known where the tanker was on the line of trains and told them it will be unit number XXXXX and is 775' behind the engine.

How come Lydia knew such details of the train going from Calif to Texas?

It's her job?

Had Jesse and Todd practiced on a tanker car to know exactly what to do?

This is a bit more of a stretch considering the time they had. Also on a note, those security tags they tagged back in USUALLY have an ID number on it, so if it is ever cut someone would need one that matched the same EXACT number.

Just a few of the questions I had.

However, I did like it. It was tense and fast paced. I was able to suspend reality for that moment
While the whole angle might be a bit unrealistic...see above

Such as?
How did they know the tanker car was going to stop right there? They measured 814' with their wheel

Tracking devices, many tankers on rails have devices to bea able to locate the tanker anywhere it moves in the world.

She could have been looking at a screen, having known where the tanker was on the line of trains and told them it will be unit number XXXXX and is 775' behind the engine.

It's her job?

This is a bit more of a stretch considering the time they had. Also on a note, those security tags they tagged back in USUALLY have an ID number on it, so if it is ever cut someone would need one that matched the same EXACT number.

However, I did like it. It was tense and fast paced. I was able to suspend reality for that moment
I worked at a Rice Mill for about a year and dealt with rail cars. They are VERY strict regarding the security tags and that would be a big red flag when the train finally got unloaded

Such as?
How did they know the tanker car was going to stop right there? How did they know where the tanker car was going to be on the train? How come Lydia knew such details of the train going from Calif to Texas?Had Jesse and Todd practiced on a tanker car to know exactly what to do?Just a few of the questions I had.However, I did like it. It was tense and fast paced. I was able to suspend reality for that moment
She works for a multinational manufacturing and shipping company. Companies generally keep track of how and where the chemicals they sell are shipped. She knew exactly which car the methylamine was going to be on, and were able to count off feet from the road to the trestle. I presume Jesse and Todd knew what to do via research on tanker cars. :shrug:It was more than fortunate that the trestle was roughly the correct distance away from the intersection, but the rest of it is "TV plausible."

Such as?

It's her job?

Do we know how much time they used to prep though?IIRC they knew the train passed that point every Wednesday.

The ID # on the seals is a good point. You'd think those would be checked and verified in the post 9/11 era.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such as?

It's her job?

I worked at a Rice Mill for about a year and dealt with rail cars. They are VERY strict regarding the security tags and that would be a big red flag when the train finally got unloaded
Right, I don't know if that tag is just a generic safety tag, or an ID tag.

I have to use ID tags when sending out containers and we write the 4 digit number on the BOL. Once delivered if tag doesn't match the paperwork, someone broke the original seal

Such as?
They knew what car it would be in. As such, they could measure where the tanker would stop within a short distance. Lydia explained 2 and 3. Did you pay attention to what anyone was saying or just watch mindlessly?You think they couldn't jury-rig something that was similar to the handles on a tanker?

Again, :lmao: at starting to nitpick this show now, in the fifth season. As if the majority of the big events in the show aren't completely ridiculous.

As if the majority of the big events in the show aren't completely ridiculous.
"How did the pizza land on the roof without separating into individual slices on the way up?"

"Oh, Badger said the local pizza place sells un-sliced pizza, then passes the savings along to the customer."

Last edited by a moderator:
Such as?

It's her job?

DO we know how much time they used to prep though?IIRC they knew the train passed that point every Wednesday.

The ID # on the seals is a good point. You'd think those would be checked and verified in the post 9/11 era.
I doubt the seal will get explained any further, but in theory, i guess she could have known what number was on the seal and they could have made/ordered the same number?I don't think we knew exactly how much time passed.

I always assume it's pretty quick.

I am assuming they trained. There is no way these guys would know what kind of socket size would be needed to open the tanks.

I think we will get some explanation about that??

Maybe a passing comment or something.

Such as?

It's her job?

DO we know how much time they used to prep though?IIRC they knew the train passed that point every Wednesday.

I doubt the seal will get explained any further, but in theory, i guess she could have known what number was on the seal and they could have made/ordered the same number?I don't think we knew exactly how much time passed.

I am assuming they trained. There is no way these guys would know what kind of socket size would be needed to open the tanks.

I doubt it. The type of viewer who needs his hand held and needs to see a scene that explains everything that happened is not the viewer for this show. They expect the audience to be able to make certain assumptions without being explicitly told. "Oh, Jesse has the right size wrench? Lucky guess? Total plothole!" isn't the right person to watch the show. "Oh, Mike must have trained them" is the level they expect of the viewer. That's why it's a cable show and not a network TV show.

I just googled 'tanker railcar specs' and got loads of info.

Between that source and Lydia's info, that answers the spec questions for me.

Such as?

It's her job?

I doubt it. The type of viewer who needs his hand held and needs to see a scene that explains everything that happened is not the viewer for this show. They expect the audience to be able to make certain assumptions without being explicitly told. "Oh, Jesse has the right size wrench? Lucky guess? Total plothole!" isn't the right person to watch the show. "Oh, Mike must have trained them" is the level they expect of the viewer. That's why it's a cable show and not a network TV show.
But, byt the time Mike could trin those guys, Hank would have his surveillance team together. Walt's shop woul dhave to be down for at least a week to plan and train. The feel of the episode and the progress of the parallel storylines made the timeframe feel much shorter

I just googled 'tanker railcar specs' and got loads of info.Between that source and Lydia's info, that answers the spec questions for me.
Yeah, but you can't just assume that Walt, Jesse, Mike and Lydia have internet access and know how to use Google unless it's spelled out on screen.

I just googled 'tanker railcar specs' and got loads of info.Between that source and Lydia's info, that answers the spec questions for me.
Yeah, but you can't just assume that Walt, Jesse, Mike and Lydia have internet access and know how to use Google unless it's spelled out on screen.
I think we'll get a flashback scene this week when they sit around a campfire and talk about how far they have come as a group. Probably will include a scene of them googling various terms. That will tie everything up nicely I think.

I think we'll get a flashback scene this week when they sit around a campfire and talk about how far they have come as a group. Probably will include a scene of them googling various terms. That will tie everything up nicely I think.
SPOILER TAGS, PLEASE

'badmojo1006 said:
'comfortably numb said:
'badmojo1006 said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Sheriff66 said:
Such as?

It's her job?

Could be Lydia had a way to fix that.

Users who are viewing this thread