What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (3 Viewers)

Wow. Another amazing episode. No way has this show jumped the shark.
:thumbup:btw, every time I watch a BB episode, I want to go listen to TVOTR. That use of Dlz last year was AWESOME.... and it was like Walt's bad ### coming out party after the chemo, and happened to coincide when I was home myself after my chemo... :)With The Wire finished, Dexter on hiatus for the time being, and Brotherhood cancelled, this is (for me) still the best show on TV. I love Treme, but I watch the Breaking Bad episode live (even with commercials) and watch Treme later. I love True Blood (Alan Ball is the man) too, but something about this show. For all those claiming it "jumped the shark" - I think you're missing the point. It's about a HS chemistry teacher's dark journey and the moral conflicts that it creates in an otherwise timid guy. And speaking from experience, I can tell you right now that going through a scare with cancer definitely brings a new perspective on things. Frankly, I can appreciate the transformation.

:thumbup: btw, every time I watch a BB episode, I want to go listen to TVOTR. That use of Dlz last year was AWESOME.... and it was like Walt's bad ### coming out party after the chemo, and happened to coincide when I was home myself after my chemo... :) With The Wire finished, Dexter on hiatus for the time being, and Brotherhood cancelled, this is (for me) still the best show on TV. I love Treme, but I watch the Breaking Bad episode live (even with commercials) and watch Treme later. I love True Blood (Alan Ball is the man) too, but something about this show. For all those claiming it "jumped the shark" - I think you're missing the point. It's about a HS chemistry teacher's dark journey and the moral conflicts that it creates in an otherwise timid guy. And speaking from experience, I can tell you right now that going through a scare with cancer definitely brings a new perspective on things. Frankly, I can appreciate the transformation.
Interesting perspective.

:lmao:btw, every time I watch a BB episode, I want to go listen to TVOTR. That use of Dlz last year was AWESOME.... and it was like Walt's bad ### coming out party after the chemo, and happened to coincide when I was home myself after my chemo... :bag:With The Wire finished, Dexter on hiatus for the time being, and Brotherhood cancelled, this is (for me) still the best show on TV. I love Treme, but I watch the Breaking Bad episode live (even with commercials) and watch Treme later. I love True Blood (Alan Ball is the man) too, but something about this show. For all those claiming it "jumped the shark" - I think you're missing the point. It's about a HS chemistry teacher's dark journey and the moral conflicts that it creates in an otherwise timid guy. And speaking from experience, I can tell you right now that going through a scare with cancer definitely brings a new perspective on things. Frankly, I can appreciate the transformation.
:wall:

I've heard them mention on the podcasts that the writers try to keep the characters true to their nature. So why would Walt risk his life, and his family's lives, to save Jesse in this situation?
He knows the line is crossed after murder. He doesn't want to see Jesse cross that line.

I've heard them mention on the podcasts that the writers try to keep the characters true to their nature. So why would Walt risk his life, and his family's lives, to save Jesse in this situation?
I don't think it was just to save Jesse. Remember, Walt isn't a sociopath. When he heard that boy was murdered, I think he was disgusted.

btw, I was watching an old episode of Six Feet Under yesterday and Hank was a police investigator in the first season. Pretty similar role, oddly enough. Same schtick.

A little summed since I didnyknow about rubicon. But a great epiaode, tense throughput. I thought he was giving up Jessie to save himself. Then Jessie goes all the way. Great episode.

wtf I thought we were getting 2 hours? that would have been the greatest episode of all time if we kept going after the last scene. I am not complaining but it ending too much like a soap opera or dallas. Did he do it or not? kindof weak.

There was a definitive answer as to whether Jessie killed him or not. I'll put in the spoiler box from Sepinwall's interview:

At the end of the season premiere, Jesse tells Walt he's figured out who he is: "I'm the bad guy." And yet now, he really kind of is. You thought he was back then, but he wasn't.

He wasn't, and that's one of the ironies of this season we were having fun with. "Fun" is a relative word. It was one of the ironies of the season, the idea that Jesse, the moral center of this duo, is much more willing to examine himself than Walt is. Walt will continue to lie and to delude himself and to tell himself he's not a murderer and he's a good guy. Jesse is willing to examine himself, to look closely into his own soul. And yet I think he's mistaken when he says he's the bad guy. He's this poor, innocent, in many ways, young man who's hurting very badly. He feels terribly guilty for Jane's death, and he says "I know who I am now: I'm the bad guy." And he means it when he says it, but I think he's wrong. He's not a bad guy. And the shame of his life now is that he respects this father figure embodied by Walter White, and wants to please him, and he should run screaming from this guy. He should get the hell away from this guy as quickly as possible. But because he's needy and craves love and respect, he tries to do right by his partner. That's summed up at the end of the season: he's doing right by his partner, trying to save his partner's life, being a good loyal friend. And the terrible payment that is extracted from him for being loyal and faithful is that he has to lose his soul by killing this innocent guy. We had a lot to sink our teeth into dramatically this season, the writers and I.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

wtf I thought we were getting 2 hours? that would have been the greatest episode of all time if we kept going after the last scene. I am not complaining but it ending too much like a soap opera or dallas. Did he do it or not? kindof weak.
Did he do what?

I don't like it. I'll have trouble rooting for Walt and Jessie from here out.

Also, the plan seems like just a short delaying tactic. Gus should be able to find another chemist that can make meth fairly quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very unhappy. The station broke faith implying a longer episode, and then implying that maybe there was more to come after the Rubicon preview. The show broke faith by having jessie apparently move the gun so that we are left hanging as to whether or not Gale is dead. Yes I saw the interview, but until I see the corpse and put my fingers in the hole I am not certain.

Gale singing his song was awesome.

I'm very unhappy. The station broke faith implying a longer episode, and then implying that maybe there was more to come after the Rubicon preview. The show broke faith by having jessie apparently move the gun so that we are left hanging as to whether or not Gale is dead. Yes I saw the interview, but until I see the corpse and put my fingers in the hole I am not certain.

Gale singing his song was awesome.
"I'm classical, but you are more jazz"

I also like Mike less than I did after he shot that Asian guy who alerted him to the other gunman and guided his shot.

Really, Saul is the only guy to come out of tonight looking good.

I don't think he did it.
After the episode was shown for the second time. AMC had a commercial telling viewers to go to AMCTV.com for Breaking Bad extras to hear Aaron Paul talk about his character murdering Gale. Seems like a poor editing decision.Mike likes Walt, but he had to do what he had to do. I can't blame him. I loved seeing Saul being loyal to Walt and Jessie, but he's in trouble next season, too. Jessie won't be able to get far either. Mike is good, real good. I'm not sure how much time Walt has bought, a couple of weeks maybe? Unless an act of God from the cartel saves Walt's life, what are other options for season 4? Could Jesse run to Hank to try to save Walt's life despite Walt's saying, "never the DEA"?

I thought it was clearly the camera circling around in the last scene. Never thought it was his arm moving.

So Finless and Jefferson didn't like it. :shocked:

Also, Gale knew what Gus was asking him. That is why they did the whole "A few more cooks, Well, 1 or 2 more cooks, Ok, 1 more cook."

He knew he was signing Walt's death warrant. He was ok with it. Jesse killed an unarmed man. But he wasn't innocent.

Saul is the best character on this show. Just nails it every time. Pinkman is uber-talented as well.

So, will gus find out that Mike and Victor essentially let Walt ordera hit while they had him at gunpoint?

Collossal screw-up on their part.

Maybe this gives Walt a little leverage with those guys

I thought it was clearly the camera circling around in the last scene. Never thought it was his arm moving.
This is what I thought as well..It was as if we wee seeing it from Gale's perspective...Or as if we were being shot.

I missed why Mike took the girl's shoe off. Did he throw it to the back to distract the killers or something? Actually, that whole scene was confusing: why did Mike even go there? Had their been an interuption in the supply of chemicals or something?

I think Gus would have approved of Mike letting Walt give up Jessie. And I thought walt was actually going to do it too.

In hindsight, I think the last episode would have been just as good of a finale.

As soon as mike threw the shoe, a guy came running in shooting. I am thinking that warehouse was Gus' supply of Chemicals for the creation of Meth and those thugs were stealing from him.

I don't like it. I'll have trouble rooting for Walt and Jessie from here out. Also, the plan seems like just a short delaying tactic. Gus should be able to find another chemist that can make meth fairly quickly.
How would he do that if Walt doesn't allow anyone but Jesse to cook with him?

In hindsight, I think the last episode would have been just as good of a finale.
:D Me too. That was a jaw-dropper, and really would've sent the show on hiatus with a bang. Really would've heightned the anticipation for next year, wondering about all the different ways Walt's post-murder fallout could go.

I missed why Mike took the girl's shoe off. Did he throw it to the back to distract the killers or something? Actually, that whole scene was confusing: why did Mike even go there? Had their been an interuption in the supply of chemicals or something?I think Gus would have approved of Mike letting Walt give up Jessie. And I thought walt was actually going to do it too. In hindsight, I think the last episode would have been just as good of a finale.
Whether Gus would have approved or not, Mike made that decision, so he owns the consequences:Walt still alive: checkGale dead: checkPinkman still at large: checkthat's a triple-layer foul-upIf Mike had done his job and found Pinkman, like he was supposed to, he doesn't need Walt.

I missed why Mike took the girl's shoe off. Did he throw it to the back to distract the killers or something? Actually, that whole scene was confusing: why did Mike even go there? Had their been an interuption in the supply of chemicals or something?I think Gus would have approved of Mike letting Walt give up Jessie. And I thought walt was actually going to do it too. In hindsight, I think the last episode would have been just as good of a finale.
Gus and Mike talk about it in the next scene. The cartel sent those guys to interrupt Gus' production as a "probe for weakness". Chow wouldn't/couldn't return Gus' calls so Mike had to make a house call. Shot him in the hand as message. The scenes also tell us that the cartel have not gone away. They will insert themselves in the story next season.Love where Mike's character is going. He can have a real showdown with hank next season. That would be Deniro-Pacino in Heat-esque. Saul's balls really surprised me.

Users who are viewing this thread