What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I screwed up and let a couple spoilers slip about Episode 5. It won't happen again.

Good news is that the only things spoiled were pretty inconsequential. Vendrell got a truck stolen, then did something stupid. No biggie. When you see Kurt Sutter looking like a young Otto in a freaky get-up, I assume that you'll immediately assume somebody's going to die.

No harm no foul, I hope.

And Rudnicki, I still don't know how you got to the end of Season 1 not liking it anymore. I could see thinking it was just like a lot of other cop shows, but just trying to flaunt it's edginess in the beginning few episodes, but it started to get better around episode 5 or 6 and was definitely rolling in Episode 8

Dragonchasers, where Dutch catches the serial killer and ends the episode bawling in his car from the humiliation he endured in the process
Anyway, if you ever did want to give it another shot, I think it would be well worth it. Many would say they don't totally hit their stride until Season 3 and some further would say it's not until the last 2 seasons that the full masterpiece is displayed (obviously, a lot to ask of a viewer).

But, I think most would agree, like BB, it's one of the very few shows that really does just get better and better. IMO, it's the only thing that rivals BB coming down the homestretch at a torrid pace knowing all the chickens are coming home to roost from that last X number of seasons, the viewer knowing it, helpless to stop watching, and having their heart torn out all the way.

I don't think that's spoilery. If it seems that way, I apologize.

I didn't just mention The Shield here because I'm too lazy to find the thread (true though), but it's the last time a series felt like BB coming down the homestretch.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Rudnicki, I still don't know how you got to the end of Season 1 not liking it anymore. I could see thinking it was just like a lot of other cop shows, but just trying to flaunt it's edginess in the beginning few episodes, but it started to get better around episode 5 or 6 and was definitely rolling in Episode 8
Couldn't really stand the main character and nothing about the show feels realistic to me in any way.

I've been meaning to watch more to see if it gets better but haven't had a chance yet.

Couldn't really stand the main character and nothing about the show feels realistic to me in any way.

I've been meaning to watch more to see if it gets better but haven't had a chance yet.
Kurt Sutter couldn't write a realistic owner's manual for a hammer. The guy is a terrible screenwriter.

Kurt Sutter couldn't write a realistic owner's manual for a hammer. The guy is a terrible screenwriter.
he wrote The Shield too? That explains a lot.

I know he was one of the writers. Pretty sure he directed and produced as well.

Couldn't really stand the main character and nothing about the show feels realistic to me in any way.I've been meaning to watch more to see if it gets better but haven't had a chance yet.
He was a writer. Much like Jim Buss was an exec for the Lakers during the Shaq/Kobe/Gasol eras.

Since this thread is clearly toast until Sunday, I don't feel bad making it a makeshift Shield thread until then.

Anyway, for anyone watching it new, it's Episdoe 6 (Cherrypoppers) that I think it starts to find itself.

They tone Vic down a bit, and he starts to become the great character he ends up being. I can only think they tried too hard in the beginning selling him as a badass, making him seem overly cheesy.

That's also when Dutch starts to come into his own (and come a little unhinged). Dutch is a great character. While his presence gives the feel of a procedural, he and Claudette provide just the right counterbalance to the Strike Team antics. They are just written and acted better than your typical procedural detective duo.

Cherrypoppers combines the "oh ####" moments that Shield does so well with a Vic that's a badass while being a relatable and Dutch/Claudette doing their thing. The 2 episodes after are also great.
I just started The Shield on hulu a week or so ago, finished season 1 last night. I really really enjoyed it so it's good to hear that it improves as the seasons go on. The whole serial killer storyline was really well done. For some reason I'm not really feeling Mackey so far, he just seems like a caricature. Love Dutch and Claudette though, Claudette in particular. So far I think it compares pretty favorably to other FX shows like SOA and Justified. Looking forward to plowing through the rest of it over the next month or so.

I hated Mackey, but loved watching him squirm and suffer. I always found it easier to root for Walt than for Vic Mackey.

Dutch and Claudette are the moral center of that show

The cycle of this thread is interesting, from the anticipation on Sunday to the reaction on Monday to the arguing over mundane side-topics through the rest of the week while we all sit around waiting for Sunday to come again.

Just saw one of those fumigation tents Heisenberg set up in the ABQ except this in H-Town. This reeks of Lydia. I'm going to check this out and maybe snap :pics: if Landry aint around.

So funny. My favorite part is right at the end when Bones mouths "He's dead Jim." Classic.

You know whoever got this in the script has had this "fanfic" rolling around in their head for a while, just waiting to get it a wider audience.
The subtitle on the banner at 17 seconds in is :lol:

The cycle of this thread is interesting, from the anticipation on Sunday to the reaction on Monday to the arguing over mundane side-topics through the rest of the week while we all sit around waiting for Sunday to come again.
This thread is 68% and falling.
Read the early thread. Much more interesting. I had to use an alias at the time b/c I was on a 9 month ban :seriousbiz:
Keep us updated.

Anybody watch the MythBusters where they tested two BB myths? They tested whether he can throw 50g of mercury fulminate and explode tucos office. And they tested whether dissolving a body in a bathtub in acid would dissolve the body, the tub, and eat through the floor. Interesting episode

Anybody watch the MythBusters where they tested two BB myths? They tested whether he can throw 50g of mercury fulminate and explode tucos office. And they tested whether dissolving a body in a bathtub in acid would dissolve the body, the tub, and eat through the floor. Interesting episode
So what were the results?

Great episode last night. I'm ready for them to go back to selling some drugs though. Jesse needs to snap out of it.
I'm not a big Jesse fan. Saul + Urkel will find buyers. I'm curious what :pollos: will give Tuco's peeps in return to not kill Walt. Basically Walt will be faced with either being killed or cooking. If I were in charge, I'd really send a hit on Skylar b/c she's already a threat to talk. Tuco's cousins would also get some satisfaction. Guy w/ bell will always be a threat. Lots of love for Saul here. Great negotiation and pwnage of Jesse's parents.
yep....

What were the results?

Mythbusters

Both were busted. The acid barely did anything and the mercury didn't even explode. Then they created a more powerful acid which dissolved the pig but it was impossible to eat thru the tub. And they exploded 50g with a blast cap and the result was a small explosion nothing like the show

So funny. My favorite part is right at the end when Bones mouths "He's dead Jim." Classic.

You know whoever got this in the script has had this "fanfic" rolling around in their head for a while, just waiting to get it a wider audience.
The picture of hot dog eating champ Spock and Kirk letting his gut out were also :moneybag: .

shadyridr said:
Mythbusters

Both were busted. The acid barely did anything and the mercury didn't even explode. Then they created a more powerful acid which dissolved the pig but it was impossible to eat thru the tub. And they exploded 50g with a blast cap and the result was a small explosion nothing like the show

Walt is cooking 99%+ pure meth. There's no way myth busters can duplicate the acid or mercury that Walt is creating. Crazy talk.

Gr00vus said:
FlapJacks said:
Gr00vus said:

The picture of hot dog eating champ Spock and Kirk letting his gut out were also :moneybag: .
:goodposting:

shadyridr said:
Mythbusters

Totally lame result. Of course it wouldn't work. It's ####### TV. Mythbusters couldn't even show the chemicals that would make it work, they had to call it "mystery sauce" or something. So why the #### are they surprised AMC did the same thing? But Vince Gilligan can't actually put "mystery sauce" in dialogue, that'd be stupid. So they called it something else that kids at home wouldn't kill themselves with. So ####### what.

Gr00vus said:
FlapJacks said:
Gr00vus said:
Badger's Star trek script - animated...

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://video.vulture.com/video/Breaking-Bad-Star-Trek-Scene-An#c=4L6105351X2MK5VK&t=" href="http://video.vulture.com/video/Breaking-Bad-Star-Trek-Scene-An#c=4L6105351X2MK5VK&t=" breaking%20bad'%20'star%20trek'%20scene%20animated"=""> :goodposting:

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://video.vulture.com/video/Breaking-Bad-Star-Trek-Scene-An#c=4L6105351X2MK5VK&t=" href="http://video.vulture.com/video/Breaking-Bad-Star-Trek-Scene-An#c=4L6105351X2MK5VK&t=" breaking%20bad'%20'star%20trek'%20scene%20animated"="">
:lmao: Love the avatar.

Scoresman said:
please start a shield thread where you can talk about that crappy show.
How about the whiners start a BB thread that doesn't talk about any other show at all. It's absurd to put such asinine restrictions on a thread because some people haven't watched a show from the previous decade.

I think Flynn's friend Louis is up to something.
I always thought that receptionist at Beneke's was up to no good. Did you see the way she was looking at Skyler's stomach? Bad intentions, yo.
Steve Gomez is part of the cartel.
Seriously, I have always thought Gomey is the mole in the DEA office
But we saw him follow through on Hank's tip at the laundromat. He was alone when he was talking to the manager (Dennis?).... there was nobody around to fake going through the motions for. And there's no shame in not finding the hidden switch to get to the underground lab.

shadyridr said:
Mythbusters

Totally lame result. Of course it wouldn't work. It's ####### TV. Mythbusters couldn't even show the chemicals that would make it work, they had to call it "mystery sauce" or something. So why the #### are they surprised AMC did the same thing? But Vince Gilligan can't actually put "mystery sauce" in dialogue, that'd be stupid. So they called it something else that kids at home wouldn't kill themselves with. So ####### what. :lmao: at you getting all pissed off at this

Users who are viewing this thread