What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft (1 Viewer)

round 37:

Eagles select Chris Gragg, TE/FB

Panthers select Kyle Moore, DE

round 38:

Eagles select Austen Lane, DE

Panthers select Zac Stacy, RB

round 39:

Cardinals select T.J. Graham, WR/KR

Eagles select Justin Bannan, DT

Panthers select Eric Wright, CB

round 40:

Cardinals select Frank Alexander, DE/OLB

Eagles select Josh Johnson, CB

Panthers select Quintin Demps, S

Thank you all for participating and special thanks to 8ebok for setting this up and exalted for taking over as commish.

Titans:

OFFENSE:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: David Wilson
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Brian Hartline
TE: Zach Miller
TE/FB: James Casey
LT: Eugene Monroe
G: John Jerry
C: Max Unger
G: Jahri Evans
RT: Orlando Franklin

DEFENSE:
DT: B.J. Raji
DT: Akiem Hicks
DE: Chandler Jones
DE: Justin Babin
OLB: Philip Wheeler (Both Wheeler and Smith are flexible enough to play either SLB or WLB)
MLB: Mason Foster
OLB: Darryl Smith
CB: Champ Bailey
CB: Xavier Rhodes
FS: Kenny Vaccaro
SS: Charles Woodson

SPECIAL TEAMS:
Justin Tucker, K
Dustin Colquitt, P
Dwayne Harris, WR/Ret
Matt Slater, ST

BENCH:
Chase Daniel, QB
Stepfan Taylor, RB
Josh Morgan, WR
Steve Maneri, TE
Chris Faulk, T/G
J.D. Walton, C
Charles Brown, T/G
Jerel Worthy, DL
Sam Montgomery, DE
Martez Wilson, DE/OLB
Jonathan Vilma, LB
Josh Norman, CB
James Ihedigbo, S
Bacarri Rambo, S

Most of us like our teams. I'd be really excited to see what these guys could do in the real NFL.
No rookies starting on offense, 2 starting at defensive back. But those two DBs are paired with two of the best DBs, although they are a bit old - Woodson will be replaced by Rambo in a year or two (maybe halfway through this year). 4 Rookies on the bench for 6 total.

I think the OL is one of the best and will give Wilson the time he needs to utilize Dez, Hartline and Casey; they will also give D Wilson time to run, and he's a decent outlet receiver. I realize I have two TEs starting, but Casey is able to play anywhere, as we should see in Philly this year. Miller is an underrated receiver too. When we need to run, Maneri is almost worthless as a receiver, but he's one of the best blockers in the league. Stepfan isn't a stud at any one facet, but I think he's perhaps the most complete back in the 2013 draft class. He'll do just fine spelling Wilson, and Casey will tote the rock 3-6 times per game.

On D, I'm hopeful that Montgomery can unseat Babin in a couple years, if he plays to his ability he should. He got a bad rep for being honest in taking it easy at times. Defense is able to go 3-4 or 4-3 easily and play a fair amount of nickel (Foster would likely be benched for Rambo).

I really like our special teams too. I think Slater is a great late round pick to play special teams, making this group strong overall.

Frankly, I like this team a lot more than the Lions.

I asked Bloom, Waldman, Fahey, and Chase Stuart if they would be willing to judge this. Fahey said yes. Waldman said he probably would be too busy and wouldn't have the time. I haven't received a response from Bloom/Chase. I think if we could form a panel of 3+, that would be ideal. Do we think we can get (at least) 2 prominent forum members to act as a judge to go with Mr. Fahey?

Last picks:

Colts:

Jeff faine, center. Veteran guy who was good in pass blocking. Can help young center learn the position better.

Dhani Jones, LB. Another veteran guy who can backup any LB position for me.

49ers:

Lavar Edwards, DE. LSU senior DE who got lost in the shuffle somewhat on LSU's deep line.

Craig Stevens, TE. Good blocker who is fast.

Final 49ers Roster:

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Trent Richardson

FB: Jed Collins

WR: Victor Cruz

WR: Marques Colston

WR: Travis Benjamin

TE: Delanie Walker

LT: Eric Fisher

LG: Travis Frederick

C: Robert Turner

RG: Brandon Moore

RT: Dave Stewart

DE: Jared Allen

DE: John Abraham

DT: Cullen Jenkins

DT: Letroy Guion

OLB: Mychal Kendricks

MLB: Pat Angerer

OLB: Manti Te'o

CB: Tim Jennings

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha

SS: Tyvon Branch

FS: Jamarca Sanford

PK: Greg Zuerlein

P: Donnie Jones

Returner: Travis Benjamin/Larod Stephens-Howling

Bench:

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB: Larod Stephens-Howling

WR: Robert Meachem

TE: Charles Clay

TE: Craig Stevens

OT: Nate Garner

OT: Derek Sherrod

C: Matt Birk

DE: Everson Griffin

DT: Pat Sims

DE: Lavar Edwards

LB: Akeem Jordan

LB: DJ Smith

CB: Desmond Trufant

S: Tashaun Gipson

Overall, this is a top team, IMO. The offense will be high octane, with Drew Brees running the show and Trent Richardson in the backfield. WRs are top notch, with Cruz and Colston providing one of the best 1-2 punches in the league, and Benjamin/Meachem doing quality work as the #3 and #4. Walker has not had a huge chance to shine as the backup in San Fran, but the Titans believed in him enough to sign him as their starter.

On defense, Jared Allen and John Abraham are older, but still producing at a very high level. They will help each other - who can the defense double team? Cullen Jenkins is a solid #1 DT, and those 3 will help to mask the youth at my DT2 position. Everson Griffin is a solid #3 DE, and can rotate in at either DE position. At LB, Kenricks and Te'o are 2 young LBs, and Angerer should come back healthy to be a tackling machine. Akeem Jordan and DJ Smith will fill in where needed in the LB line. The defensive backfield should be quite solid, with INT machine Tim Jennings manning one side and Asomugha filling the other, with young standout CB Desmond Trufant as a great Nickle back. Branch is a great coverage SS who can fly all over the field, and Sanford should be average at the FS position, with young guy Tashaun Gipson backing him up.

My special teams should be among the best in the game, with young star Greg Zuerline at the kicker position and solid vet Donnie Jones as my punter. Travis Benjamin showed last year enough to let the Browns part with Josh Cribbs in the return game, and Larod Stephens-Howling has shown well there in the past also.

All in all, this team should be a major contender for the championship as long as Brees is there.

Final Colts roster:

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Chris Johnson

FB: Stanley Havili

WR: Vincent Jackson

WR: Justin Hunter

WR: Jeremy Kerley

TE: Antonio Gates

LT: Jared Gaither/Jeff Otah

LG: Nate Livings

C: AQ Shipley

RG: Alvin Bailey

RT: Menelik Watson/Jeff Otah

DE: Cameron Wake

DE: Michael Johnson

DT: Dwan Edwards

DT: Johnathan Hankins

OLB: Sean Weatherspoon

MLB: Curtis Lofton

OLB: Deandre Levy

CB: Joe Haden

CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

FS: Chris Clemons

SS: George Wilson

PK: Connor Barth

P: Brian Anger

Returner: Jeremy Kerley

Bench:

QB: Drew Stanton

RB: MIkel Leshoure

WR: Nate Washington

WR: Michael Jenkins

TE: Matt Spaeth

OT: Jeff Otah

OG: Bruce Campbell

C: Jeff Faine

DT: Amobi Okoye

DE: Kyle Vanden Bosch

LB: Julian Sanford

LB: EJ Henderson

LB: Dhani Jones

CB: Josh Robinson

SS: Chris Prosinski

This team is an altogether different beast, but one that should also do well. I made my early focus defense on this team, and it definitely shows, as this should be one of the top defensive units in the league. Starting with the terrors at DE of Cameron Wake and Michael Johnson, mixed with the solid play of Dwan Edwards and Jonathan Hankins at DT, and my pass rush should be quite formidable. At LB, the two former teammates in ATL of Sean Weatherspoon and Curtis Lofton will be hard to handle in the run game. Levy is also a former tackle machine. My CB duo of Joe Haden and DRC will be able to handle any WRs that come at them, and Josh Robinson is a solid young nickel.

On offense, I should be able to do enough to put some points on the board. The skill positions of Tony Romo, Chris Johnson/Mikel Leshoure, Vincent Jackson, Justin Hunter, Kerley, Nate Washington, and Michael Jenkins combined with Antonio Gates will be just fine on offense. I am counting on some question marks on the line, however, with Gaither and Menelik Watson manning my tackle spots. Assuming he can come back healthy, Jeff Otah will be able to help out there for me. My guards are pretty good for how late I got them, with veteran Nate Livings mixing with rookie Alvin Bailey to hold up on the interior. Bruce Campbell should be a great backup option, who can fill in at either guard position or tackle in a pinch. At center youngster AQ Shipley and veteran Jeff Faine should be ok. The usage of great blocking TE Matt Spaeth as an extra blocker will help as well.

All in all, this team will need some of the young players on the line to step up, but the defense should be able to keep us in games and get us to the playoffs. Once there, it remains to be seen if Romo can step up, or choke it away as he has in the past.

49ers look good. Small quibble, would have liked this team more with a good TE Cruz and Colston should suffice but a TE would help.

Colts- don't think romo will make it through the year. Good D.

The 49ers definitely are one of the best teams in the league I think and are one of the few teams that I feel are on the level of my Saints (maybe I'm biased, but I think Saints are clearly a top tier team). I still can't believe you got Brees where you did.

AwesomeAuger said:
I asked Bloom, Waldman, Fahey, and Chase Stuart if they would be willing to judge this. Fahey said yes. Waldman said he probably would be too busy and wouldn't have the time. I haven't received a response from Bloom/Chase. I think if we could form a panel of 3+, that would be ideal. Do we think we can get (at least) 2 prominent forum members to act as a judge to go with Mr. Fahey?
What about a guy like Jason Wood? He knows his stuff

AwesomeAuger said:
What about a guy like Jason Wood? He knows his stuff
I would think any FBG staff would be qualified to judge this draft. I wouldn't know the best way of contacting him though. It was easy to contact Bloom/Waldman/Fahey/Chase because they use Twitter pretty often and for the RSPWP2.

Fill in picks for last 4 Rounds:

Redskins: Kyle Kosier, Sione Pouha, Geoff Hangartner, Ray Edwards

Ravens: Laurent Robinson, Corey Peters, Gary Guyton, Paul McQuistan

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, I'm not as big a fan of the Lions as I thought I would be. Might be that I took too much risk and youth, shooting for upside with the expectation that when we look back in a few years, this team will look better than most. Also I was more inclined to take an individual player I liked than consider long how the team fit together. This team will need great coaching. With 9 rookies and a lot of youth, potential is there to be a team on the rise. Wouldn't be shocked to be last place in the Madden sim.

OFFENSE
I do like Mike Williams and Jason Witten is a stud, but the rest of my offense is unproven (except McGahee who was a good last round pick IMO). I think they all have talent and the potential to be very good, but in year one, the offense will be below average. I expect Barrett Jones to take over for Ben Jones when he's healthy, same for Lattimore over Hillman/McGahee. If the line plays well, they should be solid for years. Hoom will stay in a lot to help block; the OL is flexible but no real studs. We will probably have a QB controversy in camp. No rookies start on offense now, although 5 could start within a year. Half the starters are heading into their second year.
Andy Dalton, QB
Willis McGahee, RB / Ronnie Hillman, RB
Mike Williams, WR
Stephen Hill, WR
Jason Witten, TE
Michael Hoomanawanui, TE
Cordy Glenn, LT
Brandon Brooks, G
Ben Jones, C
Clint Boling, OG
Austin Howard, RT

DEFENSE
I do like the defense a lot, especially with the bench rotating in. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the bench DBs outplay most of the starters (which aren't weak, I just like the bench). Somewhat expect this D to lead the league in sacks, I'm just hopeful the corners hold their own. Biermann and Spikes should help keep the run game in check as they are two of the better run-stuffers but lack pass rush ability. Only one rookie starting, at least I think Hunt starts over Crawford for now. Ryan and Thomas should start soon.
Linval Joseph, DT
Henry Melton, DT
Margus Hunt, DE
Kroy Biermann, DE (Rotates out for Crawford for pass rush, or Carriker once healthy)
Brandon Spikes, LB (Rotates out in nickel set for Fletcher)
Von Miller, OLB
Jerrell Freeman, LB
Cary Williams, CB
Josh Wilson, CB
Earl Thomas, S
Isa Abdul-Quddus, SS (Fully expect Phillip Thomas to unseat him soon)

SPECIAL TEAMS
Like the rest of the team, potential is there, experience is not.
Dustin Hopkins, K
Drew Butler, P
Joe McKnight, KR/PR

BENCH
Ryan Mallett, QB
Marcus Lattimore, RB
Da'Rick Rogers, WR
Zach Line, FB
Garrett Gilkey, G/T
Barrett Jones, C/G/T
Steve McLendon, DL
Tyrone Crawford, DE
Adam Carriker, DE
Takeo Spikes, LB
Connor Barwin, OLB
Bradley Fletcher, CB
Logan Ryan, CB
Phillip Thomas, S

This was great fun and very challenging.

I can't write out my rosters but here are some thoughts on my teams. The Bear team is as complete and well built as any team. No stone left unturned. From the passing game to the running game to the classic 4-3 with a big d line, monsters in the middle, athletic linebackers. A top backup qb, a solid secondary. I don't see a hole.

The Bills are well built on both lines. I am a big believer in Ingram but understand some may not be. The passing game is lower tier and will not explode. This is a nice team that because of the lines will compete in low scoring games and could be an 8 win team. If Cousins took a big step up they could be a reg wild card team

What do you guys think of getting another thread going with the final rosters and people can comment/grade it as such? Just a thought.

Hey Guys,

Decided to make my final 3 picks.

Jahvid Best, RB - boom or bust - why the hell not in the 38th round. Decent late round replacement if he can recover and Sproles gets hurt.

Riley Cooper, WR - We have someone to run the fade if Jimmy Graham goes down.

Terrell Owens, WR - in the Seahawks preseason last year, I saw a guy who can still get open. Problem is he had the dropsies. Worth it.

Commentary on how these positions played out.

RB Sproles/Michael Bush/Jahvid Best. Probably should have picked someone up who would be a definite backup for Michael Bush if he goes down. We really have no one else who can get the tough yards. I really like our explosive offense we'll have with Eli/Sproles/Jimmy Graham/Stevie Johnson/Desean Jackson/Jacob Tamme. The screen play will be an extension of the run game like the Eagles games I've watched so much of.

WR Depth. Desean Jackson/Stevie Johnson/Austin Collie/Riley Cooper/Terrell Owens

My guess is that Owens has a legitimate chance to see the field this year in certain sets. I don't like Cooper that much as an Eagles fan, but needed someone to grab a goal line fade in the instance Jimmy Graham gets hurt. Hopefully Austin Collie comes back at a high level. If he doesn't, I like our depth who can take over for him. Starting two tight ends also helps with our WR depth issue.

Madden Update: I will be out of town until next Tues. when I get back hopefully any final picks will be done so I can have full accuracy. If we start a new thread for roster review, I will post Madden stuff in there.

Bucs' final picks

36: Tim Shaw, LB

37: Devon Wylie, WR

38: Kerwynn Williams, RB

One thing I could suggest is maybe reaching out to Matt Waldman and asking if he would be willing to get together a group (possibly even from the people he is drafting with) to grade our teams. As he is doing the same thing right now, maybe he would be receptive to the request?
Had the same thought.
would give him something to do while waiting for his project to finish.................... just checked it.... moving at a snails pace.
I think Waldman himself lost interest. He hasn't updated his team page since round 7 and they are in round 10.
Waldmans been a little busy lately
If we reach out to anybody in the RSPWP group, I suggest contacting Bloom. He is really active on Twitter and in the past has been receptive to any Tweets I've sent him.
No loss in interest here. This is a long-term project. I'm not trying to get eyeballs to the pages every day. We told everyone on Twitter and in my blog that we'd have more intermittent updates after the first five rounds. The focus now is to finish the draft and then I'll update writeups and we'll have a panel judge the teams on a variety of factors.

Just thought I would correct some assumptions I read here.

Thanks for the interest and good luck with your draft. I hope you find some folks to judge it - sorry I can't.

M

One thing I could suggest is maybe reaching out to Matt Waldman and asking if he would be willing to get together a group (possibly even from the people he is drafting with) to grade our teams. As he is doing the same thing right now, maybe he would be receptive to the request?
Had the same thought.
would give him something to do while waiting for his project to finish.................... just checked it.... moving at a snails pace.
I think Waldman himself lost interest. He hasn't updated his team page since round 7 and they are in round 10.
Waldmans been a little busy lately
If we reach out to anybody in the RSPWP group, I suggest contacting Bloom. He is really active on Twitter and in the past has been receptive to any Tweets I've sent him.
No loss in interest here. This is a long-term project. I'm not trying to get eyeballs to the pages every day. We told everyone on Twitter and in my blog that we'd have more intermittent updates after the first five rounds. The focus now is to finish the draft and then I'll update writeups and we'll have a panel judge the teams on a variety of factors.

Just thought I would correct some assumptions I read here.

Thanks for the interest and good luck with your draft. I hope you find some folks to judge it - sorry I can't.

M
Matt. Who are you planning to get on the panel, and any chance of getting some of their eyes on our efforts as well?

We completed the draft with 40 rounds a while ago.

remaining picks:

Seahawks:

Bruce Gradkowski, QB

Peyton Hillis, RB

Jonathan Dwyer, RB

Tom Crabtree, TE

Jamon Meredith, G

Quanterus Smith, DE

Josh Thomas, CB

Don Carey, S

Gary Gibson, DT

Packers:

Robert Malone, P

Graham Harrell, QB

Will Heller, TE

Wayne Hunter, T

Erik Pears, T

Ramon Harewood, G

Kendall Hunter, RB

Jonte Green, CB

Ronnie Brown, RB

Nick Toon, WR

Steelers:

Garry Williams, G

Robert Garza, C

Brian Hoyer, QB

Rian Lindell, K

Nick Harris, P

Derek Landri, DT

Jacob Lacey, CB

Jets:

Felix Jones, RB

Brandon Bolden, RB

Kyle Juszcyk, FB

Dave Thomas, TE

D'Anthony Batiste, T

Christian Ballard, DT

Chris Chamberlain, OLB

Ryan Mouton, CB

DeJon Gomes, S

Falcons:

Shayne Graham, K

Brad Nortman, P

Sean Locklear, T

Brandon Siler, MLB

Quinn Ojinnaka, G

Will Allen, S

Josh Brent, DT

I would also be interested. I might be getting a heavy workload dumped on me soon but it all depends when this gets started.

Users who are viewing this thread