What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a FRANCHISE draft year 2 (1 Viewer)

Initially, we meant to turn the timer on, but it felt like we were moving at the nice pace.

Would everyone prefer to turn it back on? (In the same 8am est - 10pm est)

timer off?
Yeah, can we please turn the clock back on. Chargers took almost a full day for their first pick and now over 3.5 hours for their second...feels like it will be a trend
Jesus christ calm down.

Wasn't the first pick on a weekend? And to be fair I spent Monday in the ER.

I this really putting your life on hold?

Pick is Scott Crichton, DE
That's a bit of an overreaction. Calm down? Sorry to hear you were in the ER, but I obviously had no way of knowing that. I was simply going by the fact that you had missed your past few picks of the regular draft, and then took a whole day to make your next pick(once again, didn't know you were in the ER)...based on those facts I was under the impression that you weren't paying attention to the draft and was anticipating another day long wait... which while not putting my life on hold, as you asked, would get annoying.

Anyway, Giants pick is David Yankey, OG. Yankey should be able to start from day one alongside Taylor Lewan on that left side.

Initially, we meant to turn the timer on, but it felt like we were moving at the nice pace.

Would everyone prefer to turn it back on? (In the same 8am est - 10pm est)
Doesn't matter to me right now, but as we progress it should be back on.

Let's get through the 2nd round of rookies then turn it on.

We need to remember that a higher percentage of picks now will require proxy players and comments on who the actual player selected is. Which eliminates the ability to be able to pre draft. So I think a little bit of extra leeway is required at this stage, maybe a 4 hour clock would be more suitable.

Browns select Kareem Martin, DE.

Thought about a CB or S here but those positions are much deeper than edge rushers.

Figured the Titans could use a C. I like Ben Jones's potential but he hasn't really shown a whole lot yet. Marcus Martin makes sense as the top Center in this draft. He can play guard too, so that's a bonus.

Pick is in.. Sorry for delay overnight.. Was at work

Took Cody lattimer WR

Some will think this is early but I didn't want to miss out on him and he's gone in the 2nd round in both mock offseason's I've done on forums already

Houston 42.25 Yawin Smallwood ILB UCON -

Fills a need for me at ILB in my 3-4. He is a great all around ILB and will come in and start next to Dansby immediately on the inside, as LB is one of the easiest positions to move from college to NFL. My starting LB group now looks like Mathis - Dansby - Smallwood - Mercilus. Good mix of outside pressure and impact players on the inside.

Kansas City 42.32 Antonio Richardson OT TENN -

Simply BPA right now; not a huge need but you can never have enough tackles. Richardson is a mammoth at 6'6 330; but is extreemly athletic for his size.

Was thinking of taking Moncrief, but ended up solidifying the Lions corners with Breeland.

Lions draft has obviously been defense heavy - Clowney, Jernigan and Breeland should help address what I thought our weaknesses were.

Breeland won't need to start immediately but there's a chance he could beat out Rogers or Logan Ryan by the end of his rookie year. Captain is locked in at least as a premier slot corner.

Giants take Cyril Richardson, OL.

All 3 picks so far have been offensive linemen(Lewan, Yankey, Richardson). Richardson is a high risk/high reward player, and I felt this was a good spot to take him. He can play either guard or tackle, but will likely be at RG for us.

I really like the weapons I gave Romo early in the draft. Eric Ebron should come in right away and play well beside Heath Miller. Jarvis Landry could beat out Brandon LaFell for the 3rd WR spot behind Riley Cooper and Hakeem Nicks. The rookies should compliment what should be one of the best rb tandems in Eddie Lacy and Chris Johnson.

After going D heavy early, I'm liking how this offense is turning out.

I think at this point most people are but I'm pretty happy with how my draft has turned out so far. Bortles is something of a question mark but in a QB driven league, with only Carson Palmer and Matt McGloin in two, I need to take a chance on a potential "star" QB. Then Kyle Fuller in the early 2nd I feel is really good value, seems every mock I've looked at has him as a late first every time and some have touted him as the drafts best corner prospect. Then picking up Davante Adams in the early 3rd, I needed some potential at WR and while I understand competition level is a big part of it, it's hard to not be impressed with 233 catches, 3030 yards and 38 TDs in two years. Hopefully these guys can contribute sooner than later.

Timer is going back on right now as we said for round 3, but I needed to wait for a pick to be made to give next person full 2hours

Last edited by a moderator:
Allen Bradford was a proxy for Carl Bradford, LB, Arizona State. Had a few interesting choices here, but I think he can serve as a reliable outside linebacker for me.

SF: picks in. Proxy for Keith McGill

Trying to determine who has been drafted and who hasn't from a cell phone is quite fun

43.37 Bishop Sankey, RB - Washington

I've been disgusted with my Lamar Miller pick since I made it. Sankey is my 2nd ranked RB behind only Mason so I'm very excited to make this pick. Mathews will be the workhorse as long as he can hold up with Sankey spelling him and Miller may not make my opening week roster.

43.37 Bishop Sankey, RB - Washington

I've been disgusted with my Lamar Miller pick since I made it. Sankey is my 2nd ranked RB behind only Mason so I'm very excited to make this pick. Mathews will be the workhorse as long as he can hold up with Sankey spelling him and Miller may not make my opening week roster.
That's pretty much how I feel about Freeman. So Boyd probably becomes foles backup.

44.04 Lerentee McCray proxy for Trevor Reilly. Age certainly isn't ideal but hoping he can step in and contribute immediately, think he's good value here as most have him rated 2-3rd round value. I'm interested to see where he does end up going considering his age.

The Jets sent me a message this morning stating that they wanted CJ Fiedorowicz and I'm now just getting back to my computer. I've made the change so the Giants are back on the clock.

Waiting to hear from the Giants (who picked CJ in the time between) to see who they want in his place.

The Jets sent me a message this morning stating that they wanted CJ Fiedorowicz and I'm now just getting back to my computer. I've made the change so the Giants are back on the clock.

Waiting to hear from the Giants (who picked CJ in the time between) to see who they want in his place.
Hey, really sorry I didn't see this message earlier.

Giants new pick: Dri Archer, RB/WR

The fastest player in the draft, Archer has potential to be an explosive playmaker in the NFL. He'll definitely see time at both RB and WR and will be used in a Darren Sproles-type role. I already have a somewhat similar player in Dexter McCluster on the roster(although I think Archer could be more dangerous than McCluster has been), but you can never he too many playmakers.

This is making me learn more about this rookie draft. Seems very deep at receiver and corner. Not bad at rb or lb, could be better at safety.

Giants take Tyler Larsen, C from Utah State. 5 of our 6 picks in the rookie draft have been o-lineman. Larsen will backup Zuttah at C for now, but has the potential to be the starter in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread