What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build a Franchise - Final Rosters and Team Commentary (1 Viewer)

Arizona Cardinals

Offense (West Coast/Spread)

QB: Matt Flynn (Tyler Wilson)

RB: DeAngelo Williams (Isaiah Pead)

WR: Malcom Floyd, Cecil Shorts, Keenan Allen (Andrew Hawkins), (T.J. Graham)

TE: Heath Miller (Anthony McCoy) (Ryan Otten)

H-back: Garrett Graham

LT: Jason Peters (Rodger Saffold)

LG: T.J. Lang (Tyronne Green)

C: Brian de la Puente

RG: Larry Warford (Tyronne Green)

RT: Rodger Saffold (T.J. Lang)

Defense (Multiple)

D-line: Geno Atkins, Muhammad Wilkerson, Star Lotulelei (Mike DeVito), (Israel Idonije)

LEO: Junior Galette (Frank Alexander)

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan (Victor Butler)

ILB: Daryl Washington, Larry Foote (Albert McClellan)

CB: Brandon Carr, Jabari Greer (E.J. Biggers), (Jerraud Powers), (Leon McFadden)

FS: Thomas DeCoud

SS: Reggie Nelson

Special Teams

K: Josh Brown

P: Chris Kluwe
This is definitely interesting to look at a year later.

My QB situation went about as bad as it could have. I most definitely wish I had drafted Foles instead.

Otherwise my offense I think turned out close to best-case scenario. I would have had a good young pair of WRs in Keenan Allen and Shorts, and I was able to hit on a good number of O-linemen, including a very good Peters, de la Puente, and Warford.

My defense would still, IMO, be among this league's elite. On the line, Atkins was hurt, but from what I know he was still himself before he went down. Star has been integral to the Panther's exceptional D, and Wilkerson had an incredible season with the Jets. I don't see any huge disappointments in my linebacking core, with Galette even being a minor surprise. My secondary wasn't quite as advertised when drafted, especially considering Carr's struggles, but Greer had a decent season as the Saints' top corner and so maybe Carr would have fared better as #2. Even so, I would hope that my front seven would make my secondary's job much easier.

Overall I still like where my teams are at. Both definitely have to draft QBs…

Rams - definitely a weak passing offense. Team would have to be ball control and defense - fortunately, the defense still looks pretty strong to me and the RBs + Cameron should make a decent enough play-action offense to survive. Got a boost with the OL play of guys like King Dunlap far outperforming my expectations.

Broncos - Really happy with the defense compared to my expectation, but really disappointed with the OL play. For a team I drafted to be strong at OL I'm just not happy with how it turned out. The skill positions here I'm much more satisfied with, assuming Allen can return to form next year after his injury.

St. Louis Rams

QB: Jake Locker, Tyler Thigpen; WILDCAT - Brad Smith

RB: Ryan Mathews, Chris Thompson, Spencer Ware

FB: Ahmard Hall

WR: Danario Alexander, Santana Moss, Joshua Cribbs, Brad Smith, Marcus Davis

TE: Jordan Cameron, Daniel Fells

OT: King Dunlap, Kelechi Osemele; Backups - Don Barclay, Tyler Polombus

OG: David Quessenberry, Dan Connolly; Backups - Jake Scott

C: Ryan Wendell

DE: J.J. Watt, William Hayes; Backups - John Hughes

DT: Vince Wilfork, Nick Fairley; Backups - Stephen Paea

OLB: K.J. Wright, Derrick Johnson; Backups - Quincy Black

MLB: DeMeco Ryans; Backups - Nate Irving

CB: Devin McCourty, Sam Shields, Leonard Johnson

S: FS - Abram Elam, SS - T.J. Ward; Backup - Will Hill

K: Josh Scobee

P: Thomas Moorstead

KR/PR: Joshua Cribbs (both)
Denver Broncos

QB: Matt Schaub

RB: Eddie Lacy, Reggie Bush

FB: Rhett Ellison

WR: Brandon Marshall, Domenik Hixon, Doug Baldwin, Keshawn Martin

TE: Dwayne Allen, Luke Stocker

OT: LT - Joe Thomas, RT - Andre Smith, Backups - Jordan Tretter, Cameron Bradfield

OG: Harvey Dahl, Jon Asamoah; Backups - Chris Spencer, Earl Watford

C: Nick Mangold

DE: Chris Clemons, Rob Ninkovich; Juqua Parker

DT: Jurrell Casey, Desmond Bryant; Sen'derrick Marks

OLB: Kevin Burnett, Koa Misi

MLB: Rolando McClain (RETIRED WTF); Malcolm Smith, Bryan Scott

CB: Mike Jenkins, Cortez Allen; Blidi-Wreh Wilson

S: FS - Usama Young, SS - Jerron McMillian; Alan Ball

K: Dan Carpenter

P: Dave Zastudil

KR/PR: Keshawn Martin (both)

Saints lost Wayne, Bulaga, and Freeney during the course of the year. The interior offensive line underperformed. Rodgers was hurt for a while. However, I still think the Saints make the playoffs and compete for a super bowl though with Rodgers returning just in time. Pryor took the league by storm early in the year before defenses figured him out. I think he would have held up well enough for the limited time Rodgers was out. Gore, Bowe, Garcon, and Fauria are all weapons and the defense looks solid with Bennett, Hatcher, Harris Jr., Webb, Wagner, and Weddle as the core players. Overall, I still think the Saints are an elite team and they would be scary good without injuries taking away 3 core players.

The Chiefs mirror the Chiefs of last year. There is definitely a lot of talent on that defense with Campbell, Dareus, Brandon Graham, and Sherman being blue chip players to build around. The offensive talent is okay, but nothing to really be that excited about outside of OT. However, my quarterback position is a nightmare. Hasselbeck will be retiring and Nassib, who didn't get any experience on the field for the Giants and was a third day draft pick, likely would have been eaten alive by defenses. The Chiefs are picking in the top 3, maybe #1 overall, and hope to get a quarterback.

Anybody up for round two? I would love to start a new draft after the super bowl. No skipping picks, relaxed time limits, ALL 53 rounds, and a separate rookie draft to last the entire offseason. :football:

The steal of the draft has got to be Foles, right? If the draft is done today, he's at least a second round pick and probably a first.

Users who are viewing this thread